Author Topic: One Giant Leap... The Construction of Talsenreave Station  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
One Giant Leap... The Construction of Talsenreave Station
« on: March 17, 2010, 09:18:12 pm »
Dr. Karlan looked out the window of the observation station, in awe. Out in front of him, there was a gigantic jack-like shape bearing several pieces of machinery, the huge spatial-compression machines provided by the Orealyianis were bugger than the colossal Emancipator, but from here, the entire moon-sized structure looked just as small as the one he viewed it from. It was truly a sight to behold. The station would take years, perhaps decades, to complete, but the years meant nothing to Karlan; he would wait as long as he had to. Soon, they would be able to travel the multiverse, exploring where their ancestors could never dream of...

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He said to the other observers on the deck.

Meanwhile...

The little ship slowly circled the top of the structure, nearing the crew docking port all the way at the top of the station in construction. Out stepped a rather big team of construction crewmen, as well as a health number of cargo carriers and assisted-movement exoskeletons. "Damn, that was Cramped in there!" Said Vendessi, the Bino Foreman in charge of building the massive energy transformers and reactors situated on the jack's four arms. He was one of over 10 foremen needed for the structure, and was rather miffed that he didn't get a more important role. But when he thought about it, the main reactors were rather important, and at least in this role he could get to know his workers. Parched after the long travel in the crowded transport, he immediately headed for the Mess Hall on deck 12.

Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: One Giant Leap... The Construction of Talsenreave Station
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 05:56:56 am »
Elsewhere on the site...

Professor Lazura Zefukuzariya, eagerly made his way to his newly acquired office.

He was delighted after being called in to be the chief engineer overseeing one of the site's spatial-compression units. He has been an avid follower of Professor Talsenreave for quite some time now, and to be able to serve in his greatest project to date was, nothing less of a dream come true.

The door slid open as Lazura entered the room. An awe inspiring image greeted his arrival as the sight from the chamber's lone window finally came into view.

"I think I'm gonna like it here in Compressor Number Six..."

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 02:19:05 pm »
In a Xylanis Mechanicus ship, docked with Talsenreave Station
High Cheif Ore'ah stood in his bedroom, looking out the window at the station. He looked across the already expansive structure, towering over the mighty ships around it already. He grinned to himself. They would finally have a worthy project.
Talsenreave Station
A construction ABU walked along the outside of the station. He lifted a large metal support beam into place with one arm and saudered it into place with the other. He let go of it, and started to walk to grab another piece when one of the other workers, on break, said something to him.
"So, what's it like to be in an ABU, big guy?" He asked.
"Eh, not so bad. It's kinda fun to be so tall. Nobody messes with me, that's for sure." He said, alerting the overwatcher that he was going on break. He turned to the normal Photos next to him.
"I'm gonna need some help geting to the next anchor point. Care to help?" He asked. The Photos grabbed his welder and cutter, and literatly walked up the ABU.
"It's gonna take a little getting used to, these blasted magnetic boots." He said.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 03:13:02 pm »
Vendessi Was slowly making his way toward the spartan accommodations of the crew food court, when he received his first duty call. "Dammit, and I was just about to get a nice sandwich too." he grumbled. As he made his way toward the high-speed tram to Reactor Pylon 1, he saw a rather large robot carrying a proportionally small Photos workman. "How's the weather up there?" Vendessi said jokingly. "You goin' to Pylon 1? Mind givin' me a lift?"

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 03:45:08 pm »
"Hop on!" The towering machine said in monotone, lowering a hand.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 05:13:25 pm »
"Why, thank you" Said Vendessi, mildly surprised at who talked; He had thought the machine to just be a cargo drone. The shuttle train shot through the structure toward one of the outer arms, where the construction of the Delta Wave Generator #1 was beginning. They arrived in a large staging chamber where multiple huge refitted MARU work units were hefting parts to an Antimatter Fuel Conduit. "Hah, this is home for the next decade..." Vendessi thought to himself. "NOW! Where to begin, where to begin! Hey, anyone gotta work schedule I could see? I'd like to get to know this place!"

He knew that this would be a VERY, VERY interesting build.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 05:55:43 pm »
"Here you go, we're supposed to get a support pylon finished. I don't know if you were on that particular assignment, but that's what we're up to." The worker said, passing the digipad he pulled out of his pack to the Ni'Call. He got off the ABU, and began to pick up the metal pylon.
"A little help here, big guy!" He grunted.The ABU picked up the pylon with one hand, the Photos dangling off the end. He nonchlantly dropped off.
"Thanks." He said, embarassed. The ABU walked over to the weld location, and held it in place. The Photos walked up on top of the wide machine and welded it into the proper location, giving it an angry kick to ensure it bonded correctly.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:19:45 am »
In Compressor Number Six...

Lazura took one last figurative breath before entering the control room.

"Good evening, fellow crew membe-", he greeted everyone with a booming voice.

He was, however, hushed to silence by the crew's collective staggering.

"Ey!", one of them, a fellow Orealyianis, exclaimed to him. "Try to keep it down."

It was then that Lazura remembered that they had to observe silence on deck to avoid any accidents.

"Terribly, terribly, sorry...", he replied, smiling nervously.

"You startled us there...", answered a rather scrawny Luzonian as he swiveled his chair towards the new arrival. "However, I digress. So, what brings you here, sir?"

Lazura was mildly surprised at the crew's rather calm reaction. But before he could answer, a rather familiar hand tapped his back.

"Good evening, everyone.", it said. "It seems you haven't met professor Zefukuzariya yet, yes?"

Lazura turned towards the voice. After realizing who it was, he was slightly pushed aback out of surprise.

"Professor Kazamadariya!", he said hastily. "Good evening!"

"Same to you.", he replied in kind. "Well, seeing as Professor Efrie Aram Uvan was suddenly recalled to the Commonwealth due to some, ahem, legal anomalies..."

Everybody, save for Lazura, concurred.

"... the slot of chief engineer suddenly became rather vacant.", he continued. "And that, is why Professor Zefukuzariya is here with us right now. He will be relieving Professor Efrie Aram Uvan's task as Chief Engineer of Compressor Unit Six. Any questions? Suggestions? Violent reactions?"

Everyone nodded in silent agreement.

"I see.", he said, relieved of the lack of opposition. "Well then. I guess I'll return to my office. In case there's anything wrong, just give me a call, yes?"

"We will, sir.", the Luzonian replied.

"Splendid!", he smiled. "Good evening to you all, good luck!"

The deck's crew, excluding Lazura, numbered a total of four. A single Luzonian, two Orealyianis, and one rather silent Chivi.

"I think introductions are in order.", the Luzonian proposed.

Everyone agreed.

"I'll start first.", the Luzonian said. "I am Professor Varanus, senior engineer of unit six. Nice to meet you, Professor!"

The two Orealyianis went next. "We're the Fedimedasawa brothers. I'm Zolara-", one of them said before being cut by the other. "-and I'm Zelara. Both junior engineers.", he said. "Sorry for that thing a while back.", he added.

"Nah, it's okay.", Lazura smiled. "And you are?", he asked the three silent Chivi.

Expecting a rather chirpy voice inherent to a Chivi, Lazura was rather surprised by the person's booming voice.

"Professor Landellei, at your service!", she said. "I can see your rather surprised by my voice!", she chuckled."

"Seriously, that's her true voice.", Zelara added.

"So, anyway, I'm assistant engineer here. The project's basically an advanced apprenticeship for me.", she continued. "Glad to meet you, Professor."

"Then I guess it's my turn to introduce myself.", Lazura said. "I'm Professor Lazura Zefukuzariya, current Chief Engineer of Compressor Number Six.", he smiled. ""Hope to have a great working experience with all of you!"

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 08:03:55 pm »
Meanwhile...

In the communications center of Professor Karlan's observation station, a deep computer generated voice spoke up, accompanied by a high pitched ringing can be heard.

//Incoming transmission...//

It was a direct transmission from the Grand Hall's communications node.

Picking up the high priority transmission, the operator hovered through the transmission details. After figuring out that the message was from none other than Tower 1, the officer quickly sought out the message's intended recipient.

//Professor Talsenreave, there's a message for you. Status, urgent.//

An snap meeting was called out.

No one was to be absent.

Offline Holomanga

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 09:03:37 am »
The Hydropeal ship drifted through space, before the instruments went crazy.

The cramped ship jerked to the side. A worried Hydropeal looked at the MFD.

Their relativistic space flight had came to an unexpected halt, right next to the Talsenreave Station.

'Now what does the instruction manual say about first contact' the Hydropeal said to himself.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 08:06:17 pm »
((Well, first off, there's an OOC but I'm speaking here out of simplicity. I never really thought that this would be a FC thread. Second, it gets very confusing if you just jump into things like this. Pro Tip: Always ask before you do, at least on these forums. Next, I really don't think that the prople aboard that ship would be so calm. At least, they would be shocket. At this point, without most of the compressors online, Talsenreave is about the size of a moon. Not a little Death Star type moon either. like, LUNA sized. I bet that a fledgling civilization would likely look at the thing and go, "WHOA!" "Holy ****!", "RUN AWAAAAAAY"

Just sayin'. Plus, I have very little time to think out a good RP right now. I can really just pop in this once to check stuff out.))

Offline Holomanga

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 01:31:45 pm »
(OOC: Hey, looks like this is a FC thread now)
Then, the temporary blindness caused by the shock wore off, and the Hydropeal's thoughts shut off, other than this big looming thought over the massive impossible structure that lay ahead of the spaceship.