Author Topic: The Ossy  (Read 4704 times)

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Ossy
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 05:47:32 pm »
Roleplaying. As in telling the story of your organism's first contact, wars, alliances, etc., with other GS organisms. If you're referring to his reference about nitpicking, then that's fleshing out your organism and listening to other people's suggestions and concerns before you start, so as to give other members a better idea on how to interact with your species.

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 05:49:32 pm »
oh okay. Well to answer your question, yes I am going to roleplay. I already have most of my ideas set out, but suggestions are always helpful. :)
EDIT:
Before I get too indepth with the physical aspects, does anyone have any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 06:00:01 pm by gigiwest123 »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 06:15:23 pm »
RP=Role Play.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 06:48:13 pm »
I gathered.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 07:17:14 pm »
Who, It seems my post has been intercepted by several others!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 08:55:51 pm »
Who, It seems my post has been intercepted by several others!
it seems so..

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 09:23:41 pm »
yea, the evolutionary rate idea is interesting. never though about that. I should include that in mine. of course (shameless advertising) the gradient have the unusual trait of building their bodies via mental instructions, so with them it could go either way.

so, a  race of koala bears? not shure what to think
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:33 pm »
so, a  race of koala bears? not shure what to think

I laughed at that..
They evolved from Bear-like creatures.. They're not exactly the same, for instance, they stand upright, and have 4 fingers designed for grabbing, whilst the Osura (or 'Koala') are Tree dwelling creatures, that do not possess the ability to walk on two feet, and their 3 fingers are designed for tree climbing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:41:30 pm by gigiwest123 »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 11:23:38 pm »
Oh, great. Unoriginal Ewok aliens. At least make their physiology radically different in a few ways instead of just adjusting the number of fingers! For example, Perrachi spines are unlike Earthly birds' because they are incredibly flexible, and so is most of their skeletal structure.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Check it out.
You may get some inspiration. And if you can't draw that well, ask someone else to do it for you.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 02:27:00 am »
Rofl.. Ewoks :S the Osura don't build huts in treetops, and they don't wear colour co-ordinate hoods :P and thank you, I am well aware I can ask some one to draw for me, but Id rather be independent and draw things myself :P Edit: ewoks and osura don't even look similar, not even mentioning the fact that Osura isn't my actual creature, merely the turning point in the ossy evolution.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:53:33 am by gigiwest123 »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 02:34:34 pm »
Rofl.. Ewoks :S the Osura don't build huts in treetops, and they don't wear colour co-ordinate hoods :P and thank you, I am well aware I can ask some one to draw for me, but Id rather be independent and draw things myself :P Edit: ewoks and osura don't even look similar, not even mentioning the fact that Osura isn't my actual creature, merely the turning point in the ossy evolution.
Just a warning. TRY TO AVOID THAT IN THIS SECTION. In the Forum Games section, that's acceptable, most other places, it isn't.

gec05

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 04:46:16 pm »
Oh, great. Unoriginal Ewok aliens. At least make their physiology radically different in a few ways instead of just adjusting the number of fingers! For example, Perrachi spines are unlike Earthly birds' because they are incredibly flexible, and so is most of their skeletal structure.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Check it out.
You may get some inspiration. And if you can't draw that well, ask someone else to do it for you.

You know what, let him do his thing. I think we all need to understand that you should not decide for someone else how a creature should look like. Stop touching it, it's not your place to judge.