Author Topic: The Ossy  (Read 4705 times)

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
The Ossy
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:37 pm »
(Section 1 -- Biology)
Type : Terrestial
Appearance : Primitive Ape-like Bear
Gravity preferences : 1 - 2 g
Temperature pref. : 5 to 25 degrees celcius
Atmosphere breathed : Oxygen
Body cover : Thick Fur
Body color : Light Pink, Burns easily.
Hair : Thick fur that is can keep any Ossy warm in the coolest temperatures.
Hair color : Anywhere from White to a Dark Brown
Eyes : 2, Large, Globe Like
Eyes color : Yellow
Body characteristics : Ape-like, Scrawny, have 3 fingers and one aposable thumb.
Diet : Omnivore, (preferrably vegetation.)
Sexual reproduction : Male and Female
Reproduction method : Birth to Live young.
Limbs pair n 1 : Arms
Limbs pair n 2 : Legs
Mass : Anywhere from 10-50 Kg
Size : # ft./in. 3'10"-4'8"
Lifespan: Anywhere from 0-32 years

Section 2 (Planet details)
Planet name: T-Uriz 5
Solar System Name: Septimus
Planet Atmosphere: Hydrogen-Nitrogen Compound
Planet Air Supply: 20% Carbon Monoxide, 5% Carbon Dioxide, 25% Hydro-oxide, 50% Oxygen.
Planet Liquids: Sulfurous Water 25 % of all Land Mass.
One T-U5 year (Earth days) 546.
Gravity Level: 1-4g

Background: The Ossy evolved 21 million years ago from a small Tree Dwelling Bear known as the Osura, for 21 million years, the Ossy has split up from one main species into many different developed sub species. A notable quality of these creatures is that after 3 million years of existence, the Ossy were wiped out in a freak accident involving an alien cargo ship crash landing on their planet.
A few years later, the aliens responsible decided that they should clone and repopulate T-U5 with Ossys. Of course at this time cloning was a newly found technology, and was still very glitchy, resulting in a much more highly advanced species of Ossy born, this is called the OssyPatch.

OssyPatch
Type : Terrestial
Appearance : Large ape-bear primate
Gravity preferences : 1 - 5 g
Temperature pref. : 5 to 25 degrees celcius
Atmosphere breathed : Oxygen
Body cover : Light Fur, Skin covered in Heat glands that keep it warm
Body color : Light Pink, Burns easily.
Hair : Lightly arrange allover the body.
Hair color : Anywhere from White to a Dark Brown
Eyes : 2,  Globe Like
Eyes color : White
Body characteristics : Ape-like, Stand tall, Bulky Build.
Diet : Omnivore, (preferably vegetation.)
Sexual reproduction : Male and Female
Reproduction method : Birth to Live young.
Limbs pair n 1 : Arms
Limbs pair n 2 : Legs
Mass : Anywhere from 20-75 Kg
Size : # ft./in. 5'10"-7'8"
Lifespan: Anywhere from 0-53 years

The Aliens who had resurrected the Ossys as the OssyPatches, are notably called The Creators, and they have made many attempts to place the OssyPatch on the top of the food chain. In order to do this, they had spliced the DNA of The original Ossy, with some of the most ferocious and deadly creatures of their own planet. This created what they called OssyPatch V2. This creature, was the turning point in technology all over the Galaxy. This was the first cloned creature, that had successfully claimed top of the food chain.
Notable Attributes: before gene alter (b), after gene alter (a)
Night Vision (a)
Extremely High Sense of Smell (b)
Extreme reflexes (a)
Super Strength (b)

The Osura

The small timid primate that eventually became the great Ossy.
The Rebuilding of the Ossy

The Ossy's original DNA is taken, modified, and then fused with a portion of the apex predator feared by many as the Groakane.

Recently, planet T-3, had excavated more than 20% of the planets largest National Park, uncovering many secrets of their ancestry. They discovered some of the many 'missing links' in evolutionary stages of life. The most important discovery made, must of been the discovery of the Osuri. In the skeletal remains, it looked nearly identical to that of an Osura, excepting the fact, that the upper arm bones and legs were much more highly developed. This meant that the Osuri, was probably the first ancestor of Ossy to be able to walk on two legs.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:43:08 pm by gigiwest123 »

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
Re: The Ossy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:01:34 pm »
What exactly is the Evolution Rate?
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:47:35 pm »
The rate of which any creature on the planet can physically adapt to sudden changes in the environment :)

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:40:15 am »
Oh. That's new to me. Didn't think evolution was like that. I guess you learn new things every day.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:23:38 am »
Didn't think evolution was like that.
That's because it isn't.
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:57:25 pm »
Evolution doesn't work like that. Species in different places adapt at the rate their environment changes, which fluctuates wildly from place to place. For example, humans are evolving faster than ever because our environment is changing so rapidly, but octopi have barely changed for the past few million years because life under a rock at the bottom of the ocean doesn't tend to change that much. Please go do your homework.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 03:32:56 pm »
Now now, UFO, be nice to the new guy, he just joined. He needs time to learn. But still, you're right. Evolution is like invention; necessity is it's mother. If you have a place where life is undisturbed, there is no need to evolve anything. Ere-to-for, there would be no evolution, barring the possible genetic mutation.

gec05

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:45:22 pm »
In other words, don't let it bar your creativity. Use it when it is necessary for species development and story progression.

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 04:08:39 pm »
LOL.. isnt that what I said?
physically adapt to sudden changes in the environment

Edited:
Nobody knows exactly what causes animals to evolve. Like global warming, there are many different theories.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:28:29 pm by gigiwest123 »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 04:41:06 pm »
Evolution is Natural selection. It's natural for creatures to have some kind of mutation that differentiates it from its parent, and nature tends to pick out the less able mutations, leaving only the better ones. That essentially makes them seem to gradually change over time, or "evolve". In an environment where nothing will pick off the bad mutations, you'd essentially end up with loads of different types of creatures, but they still mutate and evolve.

EDIT: Oh, and evolution can't normally be directly controlled by the "evolvee". You can control evolution by selective breeding, though. That's how we got so many different dog breeds from wolves and other canines.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:42:42 pm by Kitkat »
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 04:47:30 pm »
This creature, was the turning point in technology all over the Galaxy. This was the first cloned creature, that had successfully claimed top of the food chain.

Ummm....pardon my... err.. intrusion, but I don't think a simple cloned deadly creature would revolutionize technology, (shameless advertising) the Core Combine genetically engineers new monstrosities daily and many other species could do it to.

Though perhaps my real question is this: Are you by any chance going to rp with these guys? if the answer is yes, then thats when you are "heavily encouraged" to listen to the nitpicks.

But don't take my words too seriously (I am still new here as well), its your creature and like Gec said don't let it bar your creativity.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:00:27 pm by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

gec05

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 04:53:29 pm »
Also, the worst part about this galaxy is that there are a googleplex of hurdles to overcome before you claim your creature was "first" in anything, being that many others before you could have made the same statement. There is continuity to consider, so you will need to give it a LOT more time before it is safe to make such claims.

Of course, there are other newer galaxies to play in, but hardly anyone plays them anymore.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:55:15 pm by Gec »

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 05:02:32 pm »
The AC is pretty active.

gec05

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 05:32:46 pm »
I forgot to add AC to the Making a Creature sticky.

Offline gigiwest123

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 05:42:48 pm »
Though perhaps my real question is this: Are you by any chance going to rp with these guys? if the answer is yes, then thats when you are "heavily encouraged" to listen to the nitpicks.
Necro.. What do you mean?
EDIT: The genetic splicing of my creature revolutionises science, because it is one of the first dominant artificial clone.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:48:03 pm by gigiwest123 »