Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 58145 times)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Re: Portal 2
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 03:26:23 pm »
Portal 2 will be integral in setting up Episode 3. Fact I made up. Fact.

Too late.  It's on the internet now, so that means it's true.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 03:28:52 pm »
Do you only get that ending if you find all the radios?

Nope. You get it anyway i think.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 04:10:20 pm »
Hmm, if this does take place in a jungle, do you think we'll get to see some enemies besides turrets?
Now you're thinking with BEEEEES.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 06:31:27 pm »
I think its not the jungle if you dont know Aperture Science Center was in the woods. It looks like the ruins of Apeture Science :D. Or the robots took chell and GLaDOS to another Apeture Science Center which has been abandoned and not watched for along time outside and was covered with vines and stuff on top. Its a possibility

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 02:36:20 am »
I though it was pretty much confirmed this was gonna be a prequel?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 02:48:05 am »
GLaDOS and Chell fighting side by side against a new threat? If that's the case, I think im going to love this game ^^
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 03:00:22 am »
I though it was pretty much confirmed this was gonna be a prequel?

No, it was pretty much speculated simply because we could not fathom how a sequel would work.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 03:49:21 am »
Yeah, but back in 2008 when the casting calls for Cave Johnson's voice actor was going on, the script sample made it clear that Cave had only recently died. I may be making this up, but hadn't Cave died a while before the events of Portal?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 05:47:26 am »
I think it's been said that the voice acting for Johnson was for his counterpart A.I, sort of like GLaDOS in the first game.

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 08:18:27 am »
I wouldn't trust cave to make a lot of sense when it comes to time. what with that whole mercury poisoning incident and all that.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 03:10:09 am »
Apparently, somebody scanned the Portal 2 article from Game Informer. It contains spoilers though, so don't read that if you want to be surprised this fall :)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 04:36:38 am »
No, it contains spoilers for the first game. Really, if Valve are releasing information about it now and its not released till christmas, it is safe to say that that info is not a spoiler.

Do people seriously somehow magically avoid all information about a game before they play it and then get all surprised or something even though some character is in all the trailers and on the box art?

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 04:51:41 am »
Quote from: Half-Life Fallout
Right on the heels of the announcement, information from Game Informer's Portal 2 cover story is beginning to trickle onto the interwebs, and some of it is quite surprising!

A lot of time has passed since the events of the last trip to Aperture Science. So much time, in fact, one might call it hundreds of years. You read that correctly! More than a century has passed since the events of Portal, and much has changed. The labs are overgrown with foliage, a striking green contrasting against the clinical whites. Chell somehow returns as the protagonist, and the always delightful murderous AI GlaDOS returns as the antagonist.

Where Portal was seen as a 'test', Portal 2 is seen as a 'game', with all new mechanics introduced to keep things fresh. While the portal gun remains unchanged, the game world introduces a number of new ideas; reflection cubes will reflect lasers, special paint splatter will trigger special reactions (such as making surfaces bouncy), and physics will now play a stronger part in portal challenges. Placing a portal near an air vent sucking in air will allow you to direct that pressure, and physical reaction, to other areas of the level via the secondary portal.

Co-op now confirmed, players will find themselves not in the shoes of mere humans, but instead bipedal robots. Each robot will possess a portal gun and work together to solve devious puzzles in their own separate campaign. Communication being the key, Valve have focused on enhancing feedback; those playing on PC will be able to use a picture-in-picture box to see what the other player is doing, and players will be able to place information icons around levels to quickly direct each other to do the right thing at the right time.

Exciting times ahead! Keep your eyes peeled to Half-Life Fallout for more information as it breaks.

GameInformer Magazine Scans:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/1267938479707.jpg
http://filesmelt.com/dl/1267938564447.jpg
http://filesmelt.com/dl/1267938606503.jpg
http://filesmelt.com/dl/1267938653388.jpg
http://filesmelt.com/dl/1267938720444.jpg

Also, it seems Valve has finally slapped Ambient Occlusion, Dynamic Liquids and full Dynamic Lighting into the Source Engine :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:54:39 am by DarkDragon »
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 04:59:40 am »
Oh man, having read the article the game looks awesomer than ever! Colour me anticipatory!

Just reading about all the new stuff they've added makes the first game seem rather bare bones. I just hope a big budget and a full length title doesn't somehow cause the magic to be lost.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 05:42:48 am »
No, it contains spoilers for the first game. Really, if Valve are releasing information about it now and its not released till christmas, it is safe to say that that info is not a spoiler.

Do people seriously somehow magically avoid all information about a game before they play it and then get all surprised or something even though some character is in all the trailers and on the box art?
Especially pages 52 and 53 of those scans contain the beginning of the Portal 2 story, so that could be seen as a spoiler.
Personally, I'd rather play a game without knowing too much about the story. I'd rather go "Oh, wow" than "Oh yeah, I read about this". Especially with such a story-driven game as Portal.

But I agree, the game sounds great :)
As much fun as co-op sounds though, I don't think it'll have much replay value. Which is too bad, because co-op's fun.