Author Topic: Just Cause 2  (Read 15932 times)

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Just Cause 2
« on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:14 pm »
There's a demo out now, available on Steam, Xbox 360, and PS3, so go try it out. You have 30 minutes to explore "35 square miles" and do a mission or two. You can start over once the 30 minutes is up.

Initial impressions are: unskippable cutscenes are annoying, and the dialogue and voice acting is atrocious. I'm sure no one wants to play this game for the story though. Graphics are acceptable, though it didn't look good for something that brought my PC to 25 FPS. Luckily it scales down gracefully.
Despite weakness in other areas, gameplay is very fun. The only actual mechanic I may find annoying is it's a little difficult to escape from the unlimited supply of rocket-spouting helicopters they throw at you.

Overall, it's a great improvement over its predecessor. Explosions and grappling hook fun abounds. However... I wouldn't pay $50 for it. Or however much it is when it comes out.

Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Just Cause 2
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:24:57 pm »
Here's my version!

The gameplay is acceptable - It's fun but I think being able to do proper story missions will make things better. Hijacking choppers and blowing things up is fun but will probably wear thin after a couple days without a concrete mission structure (which the full version is supposed to have). In terms of graphics the game looks fantastic and (at least on my system) runs like a dream at maximum settings. I would wait for some reviews before putting down any money. While the game seems fun, it looks like the kind of game that may not have a well-developed single player component (which is the same thing that killed the first game for me).

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 12:38:05 am »
Just installed Win7 and gave the demo a try.
It's nice. I really like how good it looks, and how well it manages to perform on my 8800 GT (which is apparently the bare minimum DX10 card).

Since I'm a fan of just screwing around and causing trouble, this looks like it'll be a lot of brainless fun for awhile.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 03:47:38 am »
It's really fun, I'll get the full version once I have the money.

Nothing like attaching a barrel to a canister, shoot the canister and hold on to it, fly up in the air, jump off and open your parachute while they blow up :D

Or drive a bike/car off a cliff and parachute out while watching the vehicle fall on your enemies and kablooey!
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Digital Hellhound

• Rigel Rescuer
  • I refuse to be considered a mere nuisance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 05:02:51 am »
I'm gonna get this for mah birthday.

I loved getting as far up as you could (so far the sky broke, in fact) with a helicopter and then jumping out and then just... falling... (without a parachute, of course) in the first one, let's see if I can repeat the trick in this one as well.
I am the very model of a scientist salarian...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 06:36:15 am »
I loved getting as far up as you could (so far the sky broke, in fact) with a helicopter and then jumping out and then just... falling... (without a parachute, of course) in the first one, let's see if I can repeat the trick in this one as well.

AHHH! I did that last night! It was fantastic falling through the sky, dancing with my helicopter as the emergency lights and buzzers went off. :D

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 06:59:57 am »
New time-wasting fun: hook a moving car to another moving in the opposite direction :v:

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 07:07:52 am »
Or hook an enemy helicopter to something solid(Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds possible). :P
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 08:27:09 am »
Or hook an enemy helicopter to something solid(Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds possible). :P

The line'll just snap. Also fun, stand on top of someone's scooter cart and ride it around for a while. Or, hook someone on a moped to the floor. Laugh.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 09:03:37 am »
well, i really like the hook/shute thing, it was hard getting used to but after a while you really dominate your surroundings.
the vechicels seem sort of fake to me though, they control fine but they are sort of plastic :P

and what i really didng like was that the general guy was just wandering around outside with a ton of health like some mmo boss, i was expecting that he was just in super heavy cover, and that you had to go through a complex to take a hit on him :-\

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 09:32:03 am »
Here's my version!

The gameplay is acceptable - It's fun but I think being able to do proper story missions will make things better. Hijacking choppers and blowing things up is fun but will probably wear thin after a couple days without a concrete mission structure (which the full version is supposed to have). In terms of graphics the game looks fantastic and (at least on my system) runs like a dream at maximum settings. I would wait for some reviews before putting down any money. While the game seems fun, it looks like the kind of game that may not have a well-developed single player component (which is the same thing that killed the first game for me).

I definatly agree with patman so far, Its an improved version of the original, Not sure if i actually want to buy it though.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 12:25:35 pm »
forget what i said, get a damn tank god yes

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 12:30:37 pm »
I got a minigun and I was screaming MWUHAHAHAHAHA WHAT SICK MAN SENDS BABIES TO FIGHT ME

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 12:33:20 pm »
I got a minigun and I was screaming MWUHAHAHAHAHA WHAT SICK MAN SENDS BABIES TO FIGHT ME

Yeah, too bad you can't use the grappling hook with it :P

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 12:35:17 pm »
the vechicels seem sort of fake to me though, they control fine but they are sort of plastic :P

Styrofoamy.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 12:53:49 pm »
Is it possible to grapple and board a falling and pilot-less helicopter?
I've tried twice and just bounced off.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 12:58:32 pm »
According to the shizzle that Celdur just sent me... YES!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy368pVPRrw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy368pVPRrw</a>

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 01:17:55 pm »
I can't get the blasted thing to start. Just pops a giant white screen and a little alert comes up saying it has stopped responding.

The demo, btw.

Edit: Apparently there's some issue with this on 64 bit OS's?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 01:25:20 pm by Gungnir »

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 01:26:33 pm »
I guess my computer doesn't like this game, cant get it to start.  :'(

Going to try it on the 360.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 02:43:55 pm »
I've got Win7 64 bit. I dunno.
Just keep in mind that this one doesn't work on XP.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 03:01:42 pm »
Updated my drivers, it works now.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 03:08:17 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bcIDwSx1ac" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bcIDwSx1ac</a>

I did it faster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 04:18:38 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqjZMGr8ShY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqjZMGr8ShY</a>

>.>

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 07:40:52 pm »
* Gungnir has tried duplicating that feat to no avail.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:20 pm »
I'm too busy causing CHAOS.
I'm gonna love exploring, collecting, and wrecking.

But you know, that's pretty much the game.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 12:04:49 am »
I played some of the missions and it seemed to fix a few of the issues that I had with the demo; however, (and this may sound crazy) the game seems to suffer from being too open. You're allowed to go about any mission however you'd like and none of the missions appear to have any substantial scripting... so all the missions you end up doing blend together and become interchangeable. And that's not terribly captivating. And it's the same problem that plagues games like Just Cause, Mercenaries, Red Faction...

All decent games, but all unable to escape the bog of mediocrity.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 03:54:28 am »
Me and my friend were playing this on his xbox, we had ridiculous fun just using the hook to jump onto moving motorcycles. You can (somehow) jump right onto a motorcycle moving in the opposite direction from you. O.O

Yeah, I might get it, but probably not for the missions if they're like the ones in the demo. :/
No way dude, you're trolling me.

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 04:52:39 am »
Well, the mission(s) of the first Just Cause's demo were different from the real game, so that might be the case here as well.

In other news, I assassinated a colonel (at a villa) by parachuting on the truck he was standing at, taking control and driving over him and his guards.

FUN

EDIT: Same colonel, but this time I drove a plane on him (The one you get from the race). I love this game.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:22:41 am by Digital Hellhound »

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 12:16:34 pm »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 07:16:20 pm »
Probably most people have figured this out, but in case not...cool trick thing.

At the spawn, y'know that building with all the vertical gas tanks? Aim your grappling hook at the top of it and you can hang from it. Shoot it once, it'll fly up. Shoot it a few more times, and sometimes it changes direction to more horizontal motion. (Works with all vert tanks, not just spawn ones. Though I don't know of any others.)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 08:07:32 am »
When I first tried the demo I was utterly filled the feeling of meh, played my 30 minutes tossed it and forgot about it. Then I seen all the high ratings it was getting and felt disgusted. last night I was bored and decided to give it another whirl....I ended up staying up far to late. The game is awesome! it just doesn't seem so right away when your still learning them,mechanics and controls.

Now I can't wait for it ..bah.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 01:27:07 pm »
I get the feeling it will wear out quickly... I'm still going to get it. What's up with all these new releases in Q1? SupCom 2, Mass Effect 2, Just Cause 2, Assassin's Creed 2. Any other sequels I should know about?  :D

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 06:47:17 am »
I AM BOLO SANTOSI

Well, the game is out. I'm gonna try it.

EDIT: Just doing a bit of intro mission stuff. It's very nice.
I'm pretty stoked at how well this game performs, as in it doesn't crash left and right. It looks and feels extremely well polished.
Sometimes I feel like I just don't see many games like this anymore.
I'd like to step up my graphics card but I'm waiting for those new Fermi cards from Nvidia to come out. Figure it'll drop all the current high end cards down in price.
Or maybe I'll get a Fermi for DX11. I dunno.

It really isn't bad though. I'm having a blast.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:23:22 am by Gauphastus »
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 01:25:40 pm »
Did the demo have DX11 support? If not, then I guess I will have to buy it so I can have a game that uses the tech I paid for. :P

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 04:46:34 pm »
Whooo... this is fun. Raise your hand if you're in the Mile High Club!  :P

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 07:31:56 pm »
Now the question is; PC or 360?  ::)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:34:58 pm by Pixxel »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 07:58:40 pm »
PC. Always. ;)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 10:03:16 am »
So, bought the game on Steam yesterday but it only unlocks here tomorrow, so I kinda did a dirty trick and used steam://install/gameid and it worked, the game preloaded :D

But I still couldn't play it after preloading, so I kinda backed up the files and got a crack just to play it until tomorrow, then I'll revert the files to the original.

Has anyone been to the LOST island?

I approached this island with a 737 on the top-right corner of the map, clear skies and everything.

All of a sudden storm clouds pop out of nowhere, I notice a tall tower with smaller ones around it, the towers have something spherical on top of them, THUNDER STRIKES and I notice a bright light forming on top of the big tower and then a burst of energy fills the skies and KABLOOEY, MY PLANE IS GOING DOWN.

I jump out and use my parachute, whatever that tower is, I'm taking it down, nobody takes out my plane and goes unpunished! I approach the tower and it seems deserted at first, I grapple to it as I notice some upgrade and money bonuses, all of a sudden guys with V for Vendetta masks pop out and start shooting at me, while screaming "This is a war you cannot win", I barely escape their powerful weaponry.

Taking refuge in the jungle deep down, I decide to head for the beach and I come accross... a HATCH, and then I hear it, that monstruous sound, of something big and powerful lurking in the jungle, I ran to the beach and called the black market chopper to take me back to the mainland  :o

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 10:28:39 am »

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 10:48:04 am »
*cough*
http://kotaku.com/5500828/when-lost-meets-just-cause-2

I know I'm not the first, I was asking if anyone here had been there. I found it by accident, then found the videos  8)

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 02:50:54 pm »
If anything, I need to play this game just for that.

Buy...maybe not. Maybe rent.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 05:23:59 pm »
If anything, I need to play this game just for that.

Buy...maybe not. Maybe rent.

How do you rent a Steam-requiring game?

Unless it's for consoles  ;)

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 06:26:06 pm »
Never seen lost nor do I plan to, so I probably wont understand any of it.

I however still cannot get over how fun this game is, it surprising considering how much the first one sucked. Its also the first game in awhile where the graphics really impress me.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 09:10:58 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfuJTaCTYbw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfuJTaCTYbw</a>
Fail.

I did laugh pretty good though.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 09:37:57 pm »
I pulled a full-on Nelson laugh with that one. :D

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 03:23:35 am »
Why is there a plane there in the first place?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, tomorrow's my birthday, and I'll get this then.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 03:56:42 am »
Doesn't knowing what you get for birthday present kinda ruin the whole purpose of it?

On another note; I don't know if I will get this or not, bit short on cash atm. Maybe in a month or two :)

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2010, 04:21:50 am »
Well, it's possible I could be getting something else, but I highly doubt it.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2010, 08:00:44 am »
Never seen lost nor do I plan to, so I probably wont understand any of it.

I however still cannot get over how fun this game is, it surprising considering how much the first one sucked. Its also the first game in awhile where the graphics really impress me.

It might also be the first non-procedural game to have such a big area. It still has a lot of empty spots though, they'll probably use those for DLC, they did say the game had a lot of DLC possibilities  ;)

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 10:46:07 am »
Just hope they have better missions.
Man, some of these missions are terrible.

Hey, you have to snipe a guy right over there.
*walk over*
*snipe guy incredibly easily*
Mission complete!

Hey, you have to use this jet to attack a base.
*fly to base*
*fire at it a little*
Mission complete!

Serious, man. Some of these are almost hilariously bad.
Still, I do get a big kick out of the game. Flying around causing trouble.
Might draw some short comics about some of my frustrations with the game. Oh man, this game makes me piss glue.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2010, 12:36:13 pm »
The only thing I really dislike is how ridiculous skydiving controls are.

*Jump off a building*
*Zoom forward like Superman*
*Overshoot the ring directly below you...*

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2010, 12:39:23 pm »
Dude, I refuse to even do those challenges.
I like my blood pressure to stay nice and level.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 03:18:32 pm »
Hey Gauph, remember the flying school in San Andreas?

:V
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2010, 03:28:59 pm »

t...that was piss easy >.>

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2010, 04:09:40 pm »

SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
I'VE GOT LIKE 227000 PANAUAN MILITARY GUYS AND LIKE 840000000 HELICOPTERS ATTACKING ME ALL AT ONCE.
I'LL HAVE TO CALL YOU BACK.

**** this game sometimes, man.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2010, 06:04:56 pm »

t...that was piss easy >.>

In OPPOSITE LAND.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2010, 06:11:56 pm »
I just remember the last 1 or 2 parts of the flying school to be particularly hard. I found the last mission of the driving school harder from memory or maybe it was the second to last The last was the the race across town and back I think.

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2010, 05:15:00 am »
If you're exploring the skies of Panua and happen to spot a zeppelin (or well, two balloons holding up a boat >_>), do check it out. :P

It's got strippers and everything, go there. >_>
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:41:23 am by Digital Hellhound »

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2010, 09:38:12 am »
Yeah I flew over it whe--- it has what!?

*Runs off to game*

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2010, 02:52:15 pm »
Want infinite grapple ropes? Ones that don't break? Unlimited health/ammo? BOLOpatch!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2010, 08:33:10 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmyLsSWksM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmyLsSWksM</a>

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:30 am »
Want infinite grapple ropes? Ones that don't break? Unlimited health/ammo? BOLOpatch!
Demo version stops the timer.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2010, 09:26:02 am »
Wow, unlimited unbreakable rope is fun. First I tied some civilians together and giggled at them all try and escape each other. It turned into a big squirming pile of people.

Then I tied people to their motorcycles and drove the bikes into the sea to watch them drown.

Then I caused a pile up by tying all the cars on a street together.

Glee.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 09:52:42 am »
oh snap, maybe now i can bring a bike to the top of the sky with a heli, and then hop on it.
 i couldnt do that first because the rope would break as soon as you get out

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 02:11:30 pm »
oh snap, maybe now i can bring a bike to the top of the sky with a heli, and then hop on it.
 i couldnt do that first because the rope would break as soon as you get out

Really? When I tried that, the helicopter was just too slow rising.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2010, 02:31:36 am »
So, finally mod tools have been released for Just Cause 2, 'll be working on a Blackmarket mod that includes all 104 (?) Vehicles + the DLC vehicles and All the weapons in-game + DLC weapons, no so much legal on the DLC side, but hey! these aren't sold DLC, so it's not like there is a way to buy them unless you pre-ordered 3 copies of the game from 3 different places at once  :P

Don't worry, Precious'll make a version without the DLC vehicles and weapons for those who want to keep their integrity ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:33:46 am by DarkDragon »

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2010, 05:07:17 am »
I picked this game up today, already took a helicopter to as high as I could bailed out and managed to get just before I hit the ground. Managed to survive the crash as well.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2010, 11:53:13 am »
Technopaths (aka DarkDragon) Blackmarket Mod v2
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?2vigtozzadj

DONE:
- 102 Vehicles and 15 Weapons in the Blackmarket list.
- Relatively cheap prices for all vehicles and weapons.
- Each weapon/vehicle upgrade takes 1 upgrade "bonus". (this is to adjust the amount of vehicles and weapons to the amount of upgrade bonuses available in the game, might eventually make this 0)
- Preview images for every vehicle and weapon.

TODO:
- Make every vehicle and weapon upgradeable.
- Remove the Blackmarket cutscenes.
- Make an "everything free" version of the mod.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Extract the *.arc and *.tab files into your "Just Cause 2/archives_win32/" folder, that's it!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrGuTDT-NY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrGuTDT-NY</a>
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:25:05 pm by DarkDragon »

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2010, 04:37:55 am »
Can u make the clip of the black market chopper arriving skippable I don't have time to watch cutscenes I have things to be exploding.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2010, 04:54:50 am »
Yeah, I'm working on that.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2010, 03:56:12 pm »
Hmm...it's skippable in the demo.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2010, 04:05:05 pm »
Hmm...it's skippable in the demo.

He means auto-skippable, as in you don't even have to start watching it. And I've done that now.

[Blackmarket Mod v3.0] DOWNLOAD 1 | DOWNLOAD 2
The most complete blackmarket mod out there.

Features:
- 102 Vehicles.
- 15 Weapons.
- Removed blackmarket cutscenes.
- Fixed agency vehicles not retaining the upgrades from before installing the mod, and not upgrading correctly.
- Custom prices and upgrade costs to compensate for the amount of new stuff.
- Custom preview images for all vehicles and weapons.
- Vehicles sorted into various categories (cars, bikes, atvs, boats, airplanes and helicopters).

Planned:
- Making every vehicle and weapon upgradeable.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2010, 01:21:20 pm »
you are my hero! i'll try this right now
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2013, 03:45:44 am »
There's a test of the multiplayer mod again this weekend. Download here, and enjoy!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 08:05:53 am »
No seriously, don't let lame old Didero underhype this.

I've played in every beta test. They're ****ing awesome. If you have Just Cause 2, PLAY IT! GOOD LORD PLAY IT!!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »
Alrighty, the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta is rolling out a robust upgrade to the faction system.

Check this mess out! It's glorious.

The gloves are coming off, gentlemen! It's time for fun.

**EDIT**
By the way, Team Venture is hiring. :o
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:33:59 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2013, 08:44:19 am »
THE BETA IS BACK UP THIS WEEKEND!!

https://www.jc-mp.com/

And they fixed hit detection...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bser_vCe3UI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bser_vCe3UI</a>

Offline Digipi13

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2013, 08:47:18 pm »
I understand be keeping track of you.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2013, 09:48:26 pm »
Good luck, the beta never stays up long enough.

Offline alisaer

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2013, 02:16:34 am »
Could not find an existing topic, don't know if this is the right section but it is pretty Runescape Gold related...

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2013, 07:16:04 am »
Not sure if bot.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2013, 09:14:26 am »
I hear they're going to integrate JC2-MP into Runescape.

Triangle Island is gonna get a lot more fun!