Author Topic: City in Ruins-a Story  (Read 4927 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: City in Ruins-a Story
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 01:35:57 pm »
The enemy mech in front of him almost met his Colossus in height. Two broken beams of energy shot from barrels on the torso of the mech, and they punched decent holes in his armour. Plasma Projectors, Or'naj thought to himself. He ran a scan on this unknown enemy assailant, and his HUD gave him all the info he needed. He targeted the right arm, and fired his Heavy Autocannon. It blew the arm off in one shot. A square marking opened around the sparking limb ending, leading off to a readout. ENEMY WEAPON DESTROYED, 0%, it read. Around the cockpit were several Strike Cannons, which Kor'nase fired. Or'naj grinned, and fired the much more numerous list of the same weapon on his mech. There were enough of them to actually make the enemy mech reel back, throwing it's aim off. Or'naj fired his Heavy Autocannon again, blowing one of the shoulder missile racks off, and taking the arm off with it. He heard an irritated groan on his intercom. The enemy fired it's jump jets, flying onto the top of a building.
"You haven't heard the last of me, fool!" Kor'nase said, firing the jets again, along with the other missile rack in midair. The missiles soared into his mech, blowing off 15% of his armour.
"Damnnnit!" Or'naj groaned, irritated.
"What, what just happened? Our sensors blacked out on you!" The commander said over the intercom.
"I just tangled with one cocky little SOB, named Kor'nase Hy'nera. Announced himself before shooting." Or'naj explained.
"And you're one lucky little SOB. He's the second-in-command for the Garan Seperatist operations on this planet. You just took on one of the big boys, Or'naj." The commander said.
"The mech he pilots is a prototype, sensor jammers, new reactor, the whole nine yards. Please tell me you did more than punch a hole in it's armour." Var'soon continued.
"I did more, I blew both it's arms off, and one of the missile racks." Or'naj gloated.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 02:42:50 pm »
((UPDATE!))
"Not bad, Or'naj, not bad."  Var'soon admitted. "How's your armour?"
Ah...65%, sir. If it's not too much, I'd like to request a repair." Or'naj asked.
"Sure." The commander acknowledged. A hail flying repair drones were launched from the Hothgar. They scurried about his mech, repairing whatever they could. Before he knew it, his armour was back up to 98%, and his weapons were all reloaded fully. They pulled out, and he set off on his misson again. He made his way to the edge of the city, and came into a desert.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 08:59:54 pm »
Kinda like those repair drone thingies the GDI uses in the C&C Series?

Just curious, but can they also be used to attack opponents or rip off parts from broken enemy mechs to use for repair and resupply?

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 07:01:57 am »
And could larger, spaceborne, versions be used as mobile shipyards?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 08:46:03 pm »
And could they, as well as other vehicles, combine to form a giant space-capable supermech?

Sorry, just had to let that awesomeness out!  ;D 8)

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 10:28:57 pm »
Your pushing on straws, buddy. Grox here is firmly anti- Combining Mecha

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 03:34:45 pm »
((As far as space-going goes, mechs CAN operate in zero-G through a use of their jump jets and special magnetic feet pannels, designed to allow clinging to the hull of ships. It's kinda last-ditch, though. They aren't MADE for zero-G, they're just CAPABLE of it.))

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 12:04:24 pm »
((Out of boredom, and the sudden urge to write something, I'm going to revive this.))
Or'naj kept his mech at full speed, traveling along the desert. His HUD registered a couple hundred degree increase in built-up heat from the reactor and engine, nothing to the mech's numerous heat sinks. After a few more miles, he started to pick up a multitude of stationary blips, and started to come out to what looked like a savanna as well.
"Commander, I have a bunch of blips on my radar. They aren't moving, which suggests a base. Request satelite imagery." Or'naj said.
"Roger that, hold on a sec." The commander said, and sure enough, about 15 seconds later, a satelite image uploaded to HUD and superimposed itself over his sensor display, revealing a decent-sized outpost.
"Or'naj, you're gonna love this." The commander said.
"Yeah, what's up?" Or'naj asked.
"That's a mech outpost you're looking at. And according to our scans, the guard mechs are out on patrol. Best of all, there are about three hangars of Separatist mechs, powered down and pilotless at the moment. You've got a new secondary objective: Destroy the pilot housing. This will more likely than not draw the guards back. Destroy them. Do NOT let them blow the hangars. After the mechs are secure, level the rest of the base. We'll call in a recovery crew to collect the mechs afterwards." The commander explained. Or'naj laughed.
"Sounds like a cakewalk." He said, accelerating from stationary. He locked onto the pilot housing, and launched his missiles. They leveled the building. A matter of seconds later, and alarm sounded from the base. A bunch of what looked like nodes opened up, and turrets rose out of them. His scans registered each was armed with a pair of Medium Plasma Lances. These separatist variants, however, were rapid-fire, and when they hit Or'naj' Colossus, he felt it. He got a bead on one with his Heavy Autocannon, and the impact and explosion ripped the turret apart. He opened fire on a group with his lances, and they were soon rubble as well. He finished off the last one with his strike cannons. He picked up a group of moving blips on his radar about a minute later. There were five small enemy mechs on their way. He zoomed in on them, and gave on of them a migraine courtesy of his missiles. He blew the leg off another one with his Autocannons. Quite humorously, he sent one tripping into the sand by hitting one of it's torso actuators with his lances. That left two remaining. He locked onto one of the last two and fired more missiles. They pierced the cockpit, and the mech exploded. The last one stopped, finally getting close enough to see what was doing the shooting. It reversed, and then turned around full throttle. Or'naj fired one shot from his Heavy Autocannon. The mech dropped.
"Guards neutralized.' Or'naj said. He started leveling the base, and within a matter of minutes, the only buildings left standing were the hangars.
"Good work, Or'naj! Now, get moving. You still have quite a bit of ground to cover if you want to get to that base. Given that this was an outpost, it shan't be much farther." The commander said. Ornaj set back off towards his destination.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 07:28:59 pm »
Gundam meets Space Ace!