Author Topic: The Station  (Read 5020 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: The Station
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 07:23:57 pm »
"Ugh....what a loathesome creature..." Ki'una thought to himself.
"Welcome to The Station, diplomat Taragan. I am Commander Ki'una of the Photos. Please, if you would, sit. Sit, and we shall proceed to discuss our...terms." Ki'una said. He was lucky he had a helmet, for his face was contorting at the thought of having to negotiate with such barbarians.
"Requirement One: I want all prisoners of war given back to their representative empires. Requirement Two: I want ALL Photos, be they POWs, or slaves, returned to us, immediately. Requirement Three: I want all, I mean ALL, Core Combine technology on Felron deactivated. Re-" Taragan went to cut him off.
"These are our requirements. The Orlyanis most likely have their own. And I know you Core Combine want Felron back. Well, let me be the first to break it to you; You ain't getting it back! You stepped in this hole, now you're gonna go to the bottom of it. These are our requests, they are non-negotable. It's either these, or we go the other route, and wipe your empire from existance. Trust me, we've done it before to other upstart races that were too much of a threat to the galaxy at large, we WILL do it again." Ki'una said sternly.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 08:29:03 am »
"Humorous.... it thinks this is a surrender." Taragan thought as the Photos went on and on and as he did the creatures bobbed his eyestalks up and down as if nodding.

//hmmm.... most of your terms seem... reasonable enough. The return of all Photos can be arranged very quickly, I would assume you would want all bionics removed yes? I also suppose you creatures would want a good portion of our slave stock? you seem to have a very strange interest in it...//

By slave stock, Taragan  was referring to unconverted captive aliens that where most likely being stored away somewhere in stasis chambers, though it confused Taragan, why would they be so interested in it? Did they need slaves to?

//However.... Felron is an entirely different issue, we are not asking for it.... we are taking it, and we will only acquiesce to your terms if you return it without hostility.//
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 08:41:56 am »
"Absolutly, Positivly not. There isn't a chance in the world you're getting Felron back, without a fight. And our strange interest in your...slaves....is that it disgusts us that you reduce other living things to such low levels. That's what machines are for! Now, you know our terms, now get off my planet!" Ki'una said.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 07:24:22 am »
"Now, now, Commander!", a loud overpowering voice from beside him said. "We are here to discuss an armistice, not a declaration of war." He looked at him with a mix of disappointment and concern. "Being a person of honor, you should know to keep your composure more than most of us gathered here..."

Facing towards the entire assembly, he softened his voice so that only the commander could hear him. "I am telling you this, not as a Luzonian representative, but as a fellow warrior, commander... All of us lost something dear to those beings in front of us, however, raising our weapons against them would only bring about further chaos... As much as they would not will to admit it, their necks are now well within our grasp... To let this opportunity slip away would put to waste the many sacrifices of our comrades out there..."

Returning his voice to a proper modulation, he faced the Core diplomat and soon began to speak. "Pardon that affair, representative... Let us get back on our discussion, shall we?"

"There seems to be a curiosity within your collective regarding our interest in these, assimilated worker castes...", he said while searching through some of the files he carried on his person. "Allow me to explain."

Using a small projection device, he showed to the assembly the section of the Galactic Charter which pertained to the rights of all sentient beings, and the many political, economical and philosophical arguments used to uphold them.

He also pulled out several reports showcasing several Charter-friendly sentient worker species, and how they should be treated. Case in point were the Komodile, a worker race which could be akin to living economic stimulus packages for the Beyon economy.

He additionally produced several documents regarding a couple of Charter-friendly non-sentient worker species, like steeds, guard animals, trees, among many others.

Obviously, nothing in the Core Combine's slave pool passed the Charter's standards.

"That, dear representative, is why we are interested in the acquisition of these assets.", he said, wielding a voice that thoroughly drove his point.

"Regardless of what has transpired, we, in fact, do recognize the sheer importance of Felron.", he added as he flipped open an image of Felron's current state. "But we must likewise require some compensation, do we not?"

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 03:05:42 pm »
The creatures once again bobbed its eyestalks up and down, mostly as an acknowledgement that he was paying attention. After looking at the charter the Skrall's outermost of its three eyestalks lowered down while its middle eyestalk remained up, a type of body language that showed irritation, but nevertheless Taragan remained all too calm.

//Forgive me... your name eludes for now but I have a question, when my species first began to travel these stars... did I somehow enter a sleep cycle unexpectedly and while I slumbered my race apparently signed some agreement that binded us to this charter and I apparently was not informed?//

He paused for a few moments letting that sink in

//However, compensation, that we can understand, plain fact of the matter is that what our species perhaps view as valuable are different, so my question is what do you want?//
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:15:16 pm by SimplyNecro »
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 03:27:54 pm »
"My apologies for that outburst, it won't happen again, Taragan. Though he does have a point, my Luzonian friend, the charter is only binding to those who signed into it. Now then, onto the issue of Felron. As I said, I am heavily hesitant about allowing it to return to your control. After all, with the bio-factories left over on the planet, as well as 90% of the command structure, where is my assurance that you won't turn around and attack us? No offense, but your race's word is worth a pile of fecal matter at this point. If you want Felron back, well then, you're gonna have to do some serious bartering." Commander Ki'una said, much more friendly than before. He turned to the Luzonian next to him, who had notified him of his inappropriate behaviour.

"Did I conduct myself well enough there?" He asked sarcastically in a low voice.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 08:56:29 pm »
But before the Luzonian diplomat could reply to him with a friendly congratulatory remark, a delegate from the far side of the room raised one of his tentacles. It was the tier six representative sent from Chorgata.

"Pardon my interjection, but regarding the good officer's exposition of the Charter...", she said in a sophisticated yet welcoming tone, a common affair in Choro Deidalus intellectual discourse. "Through intermediate analysis of his rhetoric, I have come to the conclusion that the Luzonian representative did not intend to make the projection of his personal ideals unto others as his end, but rather to disseminate information regarding the Agency's motivation for the acquisition of the aforementioned assets."

As she finished her words, the Luzonian representative continued his interrupted remark before clearing up any further misunderstandings. Afterward, the majority of the representatives spoke their voices into the matter, agreeing that the Combine would need to barter quite a large sum for the return of their homeworld.

Almost everyone considered this an opportune moment for finally pushing the Core to release their slave, both stock and converted.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 08:43:11 am »
((are the negotiations over?)
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 05:28:01 pm »
((Just a couple more posts to go.))

A veil of silence covered the entire chamber as everyone waited for someone else to go before themselves.

Finally, someone opened his mouth out of sheer loss of patience.

"Well?", the Chivi representative said, urging someone, anyone, to go ahead and speak already.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:35:38 pm by Greg »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 04:21:52 pm »
Hey grox. Cool your jets.

I know its April fools. But that's no reason to spam, shout and generally break the rules.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 04:37:42 pm »
Well, figuring that it's all going bye-bye in 8 hour's time, who cares?  :P Besides, im sure Yuu/Greg's post violated a forum rule.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 08:28:11 pm »
((Fine, fine...  :P

Sorry if that seemed a bit too bizarre, Yuu will tear it down in a jiffy.  :)

Though, to answer your question, yeah Yuu was partially insane when Yuu did that.

EDIT:

To those who are wondering what just happened...

You may never know.  ;)))
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:37:15 pm by Greg »

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 02:46:58 pm »
Taragan had been contemplating the terms he had been given for quite some time…all slaves? that was a tall order…. Not to mention certain technicalities also had a hand in such things… ones he was willing to exploit…

//Your terms to have all slaves stock as well as slaves returned have been….//

There was a slight pause, almost as if he was loathed to say it… which he was.

//Accepted…//

But before any cheers or sighs could occur the Skrall immediately turned back to his hostile staccato voice.

//BUT there are certain technicalities that have a hand in these decisions, your terms to have all first generation slaves as well as our stock will be met, but all second generation slaves remain ours…

A second generation slave is a creature born of DNA harvested from the original species in a bio-factory; it is a product of bio-technology and thus our property.//

Removing a second generation slave’s bionics would not do anything anyway…. Other than reducing it to a vegetative state since it never had free will to begin with…

//Also in the matter of transportation and the removal of any and all bionics will be handled by our units, since it is our technology we will be able to remove most enhancements with the least damage to your precious organisms…//

That and the Core did not want the GPA getting its hand on any more Combine technology...

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 09:24:34 pm »
the graid representative, Kurheac ,who had been quietly overseeing the debate, spoke softly.

"Though it will not bring back the lost beings and knowing, or absolve them of their breaking of tenets (all of them), this seems to be the best solution.

The 'slaves' they demand to keep fall under non-reasoning beasts, so there is no regulation required."

Of course, he would just as well have the Core combine's entire society banished from known space. Still, sometimes a compromise had to be made; he had just learnt the concept of compromise the day before; he had always belived in finding the right solution, not the one that was most agreable. such silly rules these other beings had. in any case, at least their would be no more violence in the forceable future, which would mean something, if you knew you wouldn't be personally around to deal with what comes after "the forceable future".
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:26:06 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 04:54:50 am »
The body convened for one last time before speaking their final decision. There was much debate, but all of it eventually went to pass. As one of the representatives stood up, it readied itself before voicing the group's ultimate decision on the matter.

"Very well, then.", it said in a calm, neutral manner. "The Galactic Protection Agency hereby agrees to the relinquishment of the stellar system containing the planetary body Felron, including the body itself, in exchange for the return of all slaves, as well as slave stocks, by the Core Combine, with the safe transportation and removal of bionics from the organisms to be handled by the latter party."

It stopped for a brief moment before carrying on with it's words.

"There shall be exceptions to this transaction.", it added, heightening it's voice slightly so as to remind everyone of the addendum's importance. "Second Generation units, so long as they are non-sentient, shall not be included in this exchange of assets. They shall, instead, be classified, in accordance to the Galactic Charter, under the markers live, non-sentient, property."

"If there are no further requests for modification or calls for clarification from both parties, this meeting shall be adjourned.", it said, waiting for any remarks before officially closing the meeting.