Author Topic: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle  (Read 2504 times)

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
« on: February 08, 2010, 10:17:49 am »
Allow me to start by saying that I was OBSESSED with the original NMH.  Great combat, a slight sandbox feel and a world littered with unlockables not to mention... mmm, Sylvia.  Anyways, I was looking forward to a similar experience with this title.  What I got was something else.

-For those of you who haven't played the original, the following text will mean pretty much nothing to you.  Feel free to tl;dr-
The first thing you'll notice is the graphics.  Not the textures themselves of course, we're talking about the Wii.  I'm referring to a revamped HUD and the special effects from your weapon.  It's really a huge leap when compared to the last game, although I kinda miss the bigger meter for your battery.  Oh well.

The next difference you'll notice is your transportation.  The game is no longer open-world.  You merely select where you want to go from a menu and BAM you're there.  No more K-Entertainment either, all your side jobs are pulled from that same list.

Here's the next thing- all the side missions are 16-bit minigames.  Where previously all you did was attack things with your beam katana, now you'll be delivering pizza in Off-Road or collecting coconuts in a twisted version of Adventure Island.  This time around, the only killing you'll do is your assassination targets and their guards in the story missions.  Not only that, but two extra playable characters take over for a few of these missions meaning that you'll only spend a fraction of the gametime playing as Travis.  For a game where the combat is the best feature, it's way too downplayed.

I'm not saying that the game isn't any good, it still has some entertainment value.  It just doesn't feel like NMH anymore.  It's something else, a different experience entirely.  Of course, it's still something you don't want to be playing when someone enters the room, but that's about it.

It feels like the whole game just ENTERED THE GARDEN OF MADNESS!!!

And no, she doesn't really say that much any more.

Offline bludseek

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Re: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 11:35:19 pm »
I told my friends that I like you very much.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34:48 am »
Awwwww!

Offline Casavasung

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 04:41:27 am »