Author Topic: Zenyxis : A Fallout NV add-on (Formaly know as a Fallout 3 add-on)  (Read 16811 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Introduction
Welcome to my Fallout NV mod project Zenyxis. A add-on about a Pre-war company that the Lone wander can explore the ruins starting with fining one of Zenyxis many research labs experimenting on far out technology like Teleporation, Cryogenics and Force fields. A company that at is hight spanned the globe but now like most pre-war organizations exist only as ruins for the brave waste landers to explore.

Goals
In no particular order
A: To add a story that fits well in with the Fallout world full with interesting characters to interact with.
B: To expand on the use of some skills like Medicine and Science by giving the player access to a lab though his adventure in the add-on
C: To expand on the locations in the world via the use of a teleporation system.
D: To add new enemies with unique or rarely seen qualities and therefor pose a new interesting challenge to veteran players.

Extended Goals
These goals are secondary i hope to be able to let be a part of the add-on. At least in the finished product.
A: To Voice all the characters dialogs including any new Enemies added to the game.
B: To add Scavenger System where you manage scavenger teams. This is meant as a cash sink.
C: To add anything else that would enchant the add-on  ;D

Recurring
If anyone is interested in contributing to the project feel free post right here. Does not matter what skills you have or how much time you can spare. Only thing that matters is how motivated you are. ;)

That being said i would like to know what you would like to do and at times i might ask you to give me a estimation about how the work is going. This is so we all can work together in a efficient way and do not have to wait for others. If you know you can not handle a deadline then say so form the start and we we will find a solution. And remember a small contribution is still of value so if you just make a weapon, heck even just the skin or sound effects for that weapon then is still helps. Just being willing to discuss ideas you have is enough if you do not wish to commit to anything.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:56:33 am by Yokto »

Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Zenyxis : A Fallout 3 add-on
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:58:57 pm »
Team
Project Leader: Yokto

Technical Advisor: Yossitaru

Concept Artist: Flisch
Assistant Concept Artist: Flamester
Assistant Concept Artist: Summoner

Level Designer: Pixxel

Writer: Krakow Sam
Assistant Writer: Detoxicated
Assistant Writer: Bagder Man 22

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:16:23 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 03:07:11 pm »
OK i better post what i got as a story so far.

Zenyxis was founded some by a Enigmatic man that i call Lanely Theogonic for now. He came from seemingly no ware and build his business empire on his radical idea. The truth about Lanely Theogonic is that his technology is based on Alien technology that he found. He keep this secret form everyone and have pretty much worked on reverse engineering the technology for own profit. That is why he is seen as a radical visionary and few has any grasp on the technology he comes up with.

Zenyxis dabble is all sorts of things. Lanely Theogonic is a Entrepreneur at heart and try to implement his the technology he has reverse engineered in as many fields as possible. He has several R&D teams working for him helping him to implement the technology. After he has decoded the basic principles of said technology of course.

Lanely Theogonic is still alive in the post apocalyptic world of fallout. But he is in suspended animation. It is up to the player if He/She wish to wake him form his cryostasis.

(Thanks Yossi for the name)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:13:14 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 05:49:57 am »
I could come up with some side quests and characters, but only in text, youd need to make the models
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:52:35 am »
I could help with the Level design. ^^
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 07:40:48 am »
I guess i put you both up on the list.

And remember folks. Just because there is already a Level designer on the team does not mean we do not need more designers. (goes for any spot.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:42:33 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 03:34:33 pm »
I'd like to help with some concept stuff here. I have tons of ideas for FO3 but have never had the ability to put them into anything.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 03:46:06 pm »
Project Update

Yossi joins the team as a technical advisor. Something the team really need. His expertise is in the area of programing and related fields.

I have also talk with Pixxle a bit about the location. Some of the locations I am looking in to is Hong Kong or Miami as the Central area for Zenyxis research HQ. The idea is a city where mutated vegetation have taken over lager part of the city to work as contrast to the wasteland that fallout uselessly show. Both places have prose and cons. If we decide on Hong Kong then in our divergent timeline it was still a British colony up until the resource wars. English will be prevalent in the city so do not worry. Miami is also a nice location if not so exotic. But that can work to our advance to. Please feel free to comment on the locations. Or maybe you have a better idea for a main location.

There will also be a lot of other smaller locations to visit in the future. All thanks to the Zenyxis experimental teleprotation grid. I even hope we can make a one of the locations be a hidden base on the moon. We might hold back on some of the location however for future updates or add-ons to the add-on.

Welcome to the crew Badger. Feel free to express your ideas.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 03:51:50 pm »
I think we should use Hong Kong as all the add-ons I've seen, official or otherwise, have been located in what was formerly the United States. Plus who wouldn't find a tiger equivalent to the Yao-Guai awesome?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 04:59:24 pm »
Could I help? I can come up with ideas for quests and creatures.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »
Yeah you can help. But remember. Ideas are cheep. The trick is to make the idea in to something can be workable. As always you can normally find me on the IRC channel if you wish to have more direct chat about the project. Normally better then just waiting for responses here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:01:01 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 12:19:53 am »
As I said in IRC, I really think making a setting outside the US would be a mistake.

Fallout is extremely grounded in the culture of 1950s America, for one. Second, we have so little information in-canon about anything outside the US that anything attempted outside that bracket would be a wild stab in the dark, and you'd end up with something like Mothership Zeta, where nothing has nay context and everything feels sort of plasticky and hollow.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 06:33:00 am »
I agree with Sam, Fallout is all about the US.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 07:53:16 am »
As I said in IRC, I really think making a setting outside the US would be a mistake.

Fallout is extremely grounded in the culture of 1950s America, for one. Second, we have so little information in-canon about anything outside the US that anything attempted outside that bracket would be a wild stab in the dark, and you'd end up with something like Mothership Zeta, where nothing has nay context and everything feels sort of plasticky and hollow.

I do not think that Mothership Zeta problem was that it was set in a world to far form the core fallout world. If so Point Lookout would actually be more foreign as the Alien theme has been with fallout form the start wile the swamplands if point lookout is a new concept. No there where other problem with the Mothership Zeta which i attribute more to core design.

I do agree there is a risk of making it so that it not that well connected to the rest of the fallout world if we go with hong kong. On the other hand Hong Kong is and was a multi cultural city colored a lot of western ideals including American culture. (Though of course both British and Chines culture have had more impact) Even more so back in the 50's it was seen as a capitalist outpost towards China. Since Fallout 3 (Even the Vau Braun project) there have been more connection with china to. I am sure that if we pick Hong Kong we would manage to link it rather well to the Fallout world.

Few things to keep in mind.  One always takes a risk. Even taking any city in USA is taking a risk when it comes to getting the story, characters and such to fit in with the games world. This is not meant to be adopted as Canon. Presuming that Bethesda, Fallout Bible or whoever would love to add our little story as a canon piece would be rather arrogant i think. If it is good enough it may very well be consider canon if we lucky. No this is more a spin off, a what if scenario. So i do not feel to bound by canon (i will use it as a base as much as i can) and i do not intend to guess what the future canon of the world would be. Also there is really no hidden border you must not cross in the Fallout Universe. If we look at the 2 first games they where set on the west coast. When tactics came out it was seen by some as a bit heretical as it was set in the mid west. Same with the 3rd game came out being set on the east coast in the DC area. But i do not see the problem. And with the latest official add-ons the locations have expanded even more.

But i might put this issue up to vote. Hong Kong, Brasil, Miami and Hawaii are the best locations i have so far.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:55:06 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 05:54:05 pm »
Project Update

Badger have been working on a creature for the mod called the Qilin. There is still some work to be done with the creature but it promising. Will fit well in Hong Kong or even Hawaii it seems. Though it technically could be any ware due to is background.

Yossi it telling me we can soon start basic testing of the Crafting system. Running some simple scripts and such to see what we can do with the system. We just need to get a Beta room up and running. I am hopping Pixxel will get on that soon.

Not much else have happen today. But you who feel you have little to do in the project contact me and i will try to give you some assignments. And we are still recurring people of course.  ;)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons