Author Topic: The Iavolg, of Agnasi  (Read 27345 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The Iavolg, of Agnasi
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2011, 06:33:42 am »
he's called the blood eater because his diet consists entirely of infant's blood. it is extremely low in nutrition, so he can go through over a hundred carcasses a day.

Over a hundred children?!

That's like ten tens!

And that's terrible!

:'(

though I can't see how I am supposed to market a story about a salamander chasing a spider through a glue factory.

A Benny Hill chase scene, but with SPIDERS AND ZOMBIEMANDERS!   ;)

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2011, 12:14:31 am »
well, they are his children. he can basicaly do with them as he pleases.

oh, and just about all Iavolg are children. just keep that in mind.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2011, 12:11:49 am »
Hnangha isn't exactly a planet eater. it has a slight variant.

as I have touched on, in the final phases of iavolg consumption, after any threatening life has been destroyed, is to devour the planet. the iavolg steadily congeal into a single mass of flesh and skin around the world; they build a stomach around the planet.
inside, all usefull resources, matter and substances are piped up through space cables into Hnangha until everything is drained
then they dig deeper and deeper until they implode the core. (one way or another)
this also fits with the spider theme, wrapping up the victim and sucking out its liquefied innards.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:26:31 am by Crazen »
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2011, 08:11:26 am »
The image doesn't show up for me.   :-\

Though, yeah, judging from the description, that's... kinda creepy.

More or less on this level.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2011, 12:45:54 am »

Think of all the pain you have ever felt                                                                                                                                                          
This is what I feel, always                                                                                                                                                                              
Imagine the pain of those you know; your family, your friends                                                                                                                          
Imagine all pain they have ever felt                                                                                                                                                                
This, I feel as well                                                                                                                                                                                        
Imagine, if you can, all the pain that anyone has ever felt, and ever will feel                                                                                                      
This I feel                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Imagine the pain of the dead                                                                                                                                                                        
This I feel                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Imagine the pain of those not yet born                                                                                                                                                          
This, I will feel                                                                                                                                                                                              
Always                                                                                                                                                                                                        

No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2011, 03:33:14 pm »
Quote from: AM
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2011, 09:38:01 pm »
so yea, Hnangha is big enough to wrap up planets in a coat of atrophic flesh and suck out their innards (couldn't let the spider theme die entirely)But because he is their only ship/world, it should balance out.
unfortunately, my restraint actually does the opposite. see what I'm getting at?

balance is shot cause someone wants a million ships the size of stars.
I don't mean military power balance or anything. I mean narrative power. someone like Hnangha loses all significance if there is a fleet of ships each individually a hundred times his size.
or maybe its my fault for thinking small.

/rant
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2011, 10:20:00 pm »
I think that Yuu wants to make the galaxy like something out of an anime. He's always super happy and friendly, but the sheer scale of what he's making makes me think that he has no idea what he's talking about. From what MartyK once told me, Yuu first joined the Spore forums back in the Communicant Wars. He immediately proceeded to make up incredibly overpowered species with incredibly overpowered technology, and everybody naturally called him out on it. From what I can tell he seems to have restrained his ridiculous activities to the self-contained Yuuinverse (squid creatures that turn entire galaxies pink and worship pink, just because!) until the Nameless. If they really did have hundreds of ships that size, the galaxy would fold like a human spine on Gliese 581 d.

He's been watching too much Tengen Toppen Gorgan Laragganananan. Pretty soon he'll start making galaxy-sized ships that shoot galaxies. (That was in the Tengen Toppa...whatever anime. Seriously.) Not to be hating, but stuff like that is pretty godmoddy. And that's terrible.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2011, 04:48:40 am »
I think that Yuu wants to make the galaxy like something out of an anime.

As I've said before: I. DID. NOT. BASE. IT. ON. ANIME.

The Terran-Ixians, if they were to be based on anything, were equal parts the Scrin and their tripods, and allegories of some interpretations of Jewish Mythology.

As you can see, the former is based ultimately from the American B-Movie Monolith Monsters and H. G. Wells' The War of the Worlds.

The former, on the other hand is from South West Asia.

Totally not anime.

He's always super happy and friendly, but the sheer scale of what he's making makes me think that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Unless you'd cared to ask exactly why they're that large.

From what MartyK once told me, Yuu first joined the Spore forums back in the Communicant Wars. He immediately proceeded to make up incredibly overpowered species with incredibly overpowered technology, and everybody naturally called him out on it.

While I do admit that they did start out somewhat powerful and I wasn't, or ever will be, an uber 1337 RPer like Patman, there is the fact that virtually everyone, maybe except for Plank of Wood, overlooked the fact that their only foothold in the galaxy was a lone and heavily damaged ship manned by a decimated crew and under the command of a partially decapitated collection of surviving officers.

They were by no means intended to be overpowered, especially considering the fact that I purposely gave them built-in idiot balls and posted a method to kill said lone ship.

You could blame me for using my noobishness to make them on par with the others from the get-go (instead of rising from the totem pole), maybe, but making it a no-win situation? Nope.

And by the time of the RG, I specifically moved the TI's back to their original story, on the other side of the universe no less, specifically to avoid any further issues like this.

The whole Nameless LAC issue is ignoring one fundamental thing as to why they're here: They're the villains of the current arc. It's not like I'm gonna keep them here forever.

Seriously, guys, chill out.

My defining RP race is, and for the foreseeable future will remain to be, the Orealyianis. Not the Terran-Ixians, the Nameless, nor any other nation of equal standing from the EU.

(squid creatures that turn entire galaxies pink and worship pink, just because!)

Then you need to re-read their description, then, cause certainly do not do this "just because".

In case you don't get it, they're basically waging a space Jihad against what they deem to be imperfect, ie. everything that's not drowning in pink.

And then there's that heavy implication that, to the eyes of non-Versavol, they've become a race of neurotics.hi

If they really did have hundreds of ships that size, the galaxy would fold like a human spine on Gliese 581 d.

Even all the Nameless' feats are but small fry compared to some of the other guys out there.

He's been watching too much Tengen Toppen Gorgan Laragganananan.

I only ran through it once, thank you very much.

I'm more of a slice of life / comedy guy. And if I ever watch robots, it's mostly Macross.

That, and it's not like I only watch Eastern Animation.

Pretty soon he'll start making galaxy-sized ships that shoot galaxies.

Been there, done that.

Of course, not in this RP verse.

However, I'm fairly certain that most you guys would love to insinuate that I would, even though I won't.

Not to be hating, but stuff like that is pretty godmoddy. And that's terrible.

You know what's terrible?

People not getting the point.  >_>

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2011, 05:26:32 am »
Okay, I get your points.
(squid creatures that turn entire galaxies pink and worship pink, just because!)

Then you need to re-read their description, then, cause certainly do not do this "just because".

In case you don't get it, they're basically waging a space Jihad against what they deem to be imperfect, ie. everything that's not drowning in pink.
"Jihad" simply means struggle in Arabic, and within Islamic context refers to anything from personal nonviolent resolution of problems to war. It usually means nonviolent stuff, but of course Western media likes to distort images like that. Then again, I never expected anyone here to have studied Islam like that, so there's a lesson for you.

Nevertheless, it's still pretty darn one-dimensional. Why in the world would they consider non-pink imperfect? It's like if humanity's mission was to turn other planets into large-scale versions of the south English countryside. Are they just really big Peter Sellers fans? Or maybe they're just throwaway comic relief, because pink is a funny color and thus they're annoying in an endearing way.

If I hold such a low opinion of them, then why do I like them so much? There's the big question...

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2011, 08:14:08 am »
Jihad? You can't have Jihad! the graid are supposed to be the token Muslim race! no fair!  :'(

of course they also take influence from Peru, Spain, Australia, Vietnam, Serbia, romania Scandinavia, ancient Greece, Mesopotamia, Scottland, several native American groups, and the USA.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:32:39 pm by Crazen »
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2011, 08:18:48 am »
Still, makes you wonder how Graidient would react to a Time Abyss, considering they're astounding levels of patience.   :)

Once the head-banging issue's resolved, Gradient would make excellent ambassadors for any super long distance expedition.   8)

"Jihad" simply means struggle in Arabic, and within Islamic context refers to anything from personal nonviolent resolution of problems to war. It usually means nonviolent stuff, but of course Western media likes to distort images like that. Then again, I never expected anyone here to have studied Islam like that, so there's a lesson for you.

Actually, I already know about that.   :)

As I've said, their beef is against everything that's not pink, which isn't necessarily limited to people.   ;)

Going to war with everyone that hinders them isn't necessarily their Jihad, just a rather unfortunate side-effect of it.

Nevertheless, it's still pretty darn one-dimensional. Why in the world would they consider non-pink imperfect?

Maybe there's something about the particular wavelength that only they or their higher ups know?

Maybe it's all a cover for something else entirely?

Maybe it has something to do with how everyone is still stumped as to how a bunch of nomadic herders ever managed to get a Starship?

Maybe they really are just plain crazy?  ^^

Or maybe the manifestation of the color pink had a large role in their ancient society?

Or maybe they're just throwaway comic relief, because pink is a funny color and thus they're annoying in an endearing way.

In a sense, yeah.

It also kinda works both ways, actually, in that pink was is still a very manly color back then to this day.  :D

If I hold such a low opinion of them, then why do I like them so much? There's the big question...

They are affably evil knight templars, after all.  :3

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2011, 06:10:55 pm »
Covering the galaxy in pink? Not their style, but thanks for the derailment; the first thing Hnangha did was stop the trains.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:52:10 am by Crazen »
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2011, 01:16:24 am »
Covering the galaxy in pink? Not their style, but thanks for the derailment;

Thanks for the concern.

Now I feel more awful.

Why is it that I try my best to be cordial and yet I always get shouted at or ridiculed like this?

Maybe I'm just too foreign.

Well, at least now we have an example of how psychology from another country can also be as alien as most alien psychologies.

That, or the fact that I wouldn't sarcasm you out of my thread.

It's like that "kick a dog" moment, where I'm the one playing as the dog. I always get the short end of the respect, or at least just simply empathy, stick.

TL;DR  I'm sorry, Crazen, but could you please tone it down I little? I don't necessarily have the willpower of adamantium, let alone the ones most of you guys possess.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:18:51 am by Yuu »

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: apparently every thread is PPDT now
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2011, 04:16:32 pm »
sir, I am a rather low key and relaxed individual. I don't take most things seriously enough to get upset about them*. and I take absolutely nothing negative personally. so many things are just ridiculous if you step back and think about them.

I used to have anger issues.
What I realized  after a while of self destruction is it's not worth getting upset most of the time. hell, some of the time the thing your upset about isn't a thing. my frustration response has changed from seething and yelling to a bewildered laugh. sure, I slip up sometimes, and so does everyone else, but that's alright.

*exceptions are western imperialism, spousal abuse and a handfull more topics that get me livid.
No capitalization......

Crazen!