Author Topic: [AC] Crystals and Carbon  (Read 5428 times)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [AC] Crystals and Carbon
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 09:08:12 pm »
Empire of Sahrzhir

It was a shocking event that only fueled the war fever in the Empire.

The retrieved craft had exploded in a huge fireball, obliterating several buildings, killing fourteen, injuring hundreds, and causing thousands of silver in damages. Within hours messengers were dispatched to all corners of Sahrzhir, spreading the news and ordering all able-bodied Yerxe to "enlist, and avenge Vnzem!" In some months' time the largest army the planet had ever seen was assembled and ready to kill. A million Yerxe armed to the wires and thirsty for blood.

Zvirnnau VII claimed to have been hailed as the Emperor of the Material Universe by the gods, and was now addressed as the Divine Emperor. He shortly proceeded to dissolve the Zvau Dynasty and discarded his titles, proclaiming that there was only the Divine Emperor, who rightly ruled all of Yerx. Then came the declarations of war, and the armies trampled other empires, absorbing their lands into Sahrzhir, now known as the Yerxic Empire.

But little did they know that a small tribe living in Stone Flats would make them conquerors of the stars, and also that the Crystalion were at their homeworld busy preparing to make short work of Yerx...

Stone Flats, six months earlier

Somehow, the lead jewel being spoke to Zvuung'ik through their minds. It touched his upper chest, sending buzzing sensations through his brain. Then a calm voice like the splashing of waves against pearly sand spoke to all of the tribe.

"Take me... to the leader of your people...

"...Ah... oh, um, yes, yes... Our Chief is right over here."

He stepped out of the way and gestured towards Chief Djekel-Inakhvu, an elderly female Yerxe who stepped forwards to the jewel beings, looking perfectly calm. A few Duos slaves in a back tent tried to peek out, but to their surprise the Quattuor around them did not hit them for disobeying. It was not clear at the time, but the jewel beings had somehow enlightened the tribe to a message of understanding and peace.

Meanwhile, Djekel-Inakhvu confronted the lead jewel being. "Greetings, Being of Honor. What may we do for you?"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:51:29 pm by UFO King »
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 09:41:30 pm »
Speaking, now through Zvuung'ik, the scout leader addressed Djekel-Inakhvu.

"You hear now the voice of Zvuung'ik, but the mind is of us, the Chara'ai."

"We have come to your world at the behest of our leaders. We are explorers, 'sailing' through the stars and discovering new worlds and beings. Beings such as yourselves. We have found you to  be an interestingly intelligent race in our most recent encounter here, very unlikely, and very fortunate, that you have the honor of calling yourselves sentient. My point in all this, is that we require help from you. We require metal to continue to live. Iron, gold, and others of the type. We have been deprived of the ability to get these on our own, and our survival, and the life of our brethren aboard the shimmering light you have observed, hinges on our regaining that ability, quickly. We, in return, will    be indebted to you; a favor would be in order."

"The only problem is that you appear to be in possession of little metals. We would be unable to take so much of so little. Do you know of anything more that could assist us? In return, you need... you... need. Your people have little, and a life of potential should not be wasted away in such accommodations."

He pulled a small crystal from the carapace of the EVA suit.

"This," They said, "Is a crystal. It is the essence, the life of our people, crystal. This one in particular is meant for learning. For you, it will guide you in times of need, help you in making the right decision, and, occasionally, teach you about a subject of your choosing. I am not sure how it would work in a Carbon , though."

He held it up, floating it gently to Djekel-Inakhvu.

"Take it, and tell me, how do you feel?"
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
[AC] Crystals and Carbon
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 04:51:19 pm »
"I feel calm and rational. Thank you for this." She turned around to face the other Yerxe. "Come, and feel this crystal! It will surely benefit us all. Yes, even the slaves-"

She stopped.

"...By the Gods, why have we enslaved fellow Yerxe? Think about it! Are they not intelligent like us? Can they not feel like us? Release them from their chains! It is the wisest course of action!"

The others looked surprised, but some were thinking hard. After a while there was a general murmur of agreement, and some young Yerxe led the shorter Two-Arms out of the slave tent to remove their shackles. "We now understand our common brotherhood. The jewel beings have given us such wisdom!" "If only they could give it to the rest of the world." "Come to think of it, why can't they?" The Yerxe stared at Djekel-Inakhvu, hoping for an answer.

"Well, if you were all paying attention you would have remembered that these beings need metal to live! Quick, bring out all your non-essential metallic items and give them to the jewel beings!" She faced the lead one, then the blank-faced Zvuung'ik, and decided on talking directly to the being. "We do not have much, but we hope it shall benefit you."

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 03:48:53 pm »
~//The program is functioning exceptionally well. I was expecting little or no reaction.//~
~//Yes, notice how it functioned as the leader required guidance...//~
~//Indeed. What are the implications?//~
~//This is an excellent opportunity to observe social mechanics.//~
~//We may have caused damage to the civilization, however.//~
~//But such problems in a race as this are often quickly resolved.//~

The chatter between scouts continued for a while, eventually coming to the resolution:

~//It may be beneficial to withhold some information//~
~//Or direct its instruction//~
~//Crystals are capable of radio transmission, we may use that to retain connection with an amplifier in orbit.//~
~//Yes, that appears to be the best option at this point.//~

The lead finally addressed the Yerxe:

~//We thank you for your donations. We, and our people, are greatly indebted.//~

And so they left back for the ship. It wouldn't be long until they reached the deposit.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 10:55:30 pm »
"You are very much welcome, o kind bejeweled beings. Thank you once more for enlightening us!"

And so the Chara'ai set off, but they would soon be making contact with the Divine Emperor himself, and unwittingly setting off a new age of darkness for Yerx...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:56:51 am by UFO King »

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 11:58:35 am »
The Rouli had finished their tasks.  Now that they had gathered data, and suffered for it, they must return and be debriefed.  With anger in their core, they sent a message to Crystalia Prime, telling them of their situation.  

First officers of the Rouli reporting.  In our normal scouting trip, we encountered a planet with signs of life on it.  We sent a probe to the surface, where we engaged in SOP surrounding the scouting of a planet.  We determined the race to be intelligent, and began to test that intelligence.  Shortly after, another species came into the system, and when we tried to electrify it so that we can see it, it had adverse effects, so we stopped.  Currently, we carry an inactive probe from that species on our hull.  We then sent down our two captains to the surface to test their diplomacy.  But their leader was a power hungry, singular, despot, who cared only for himself, and let his people suffer.  The captains then informed it that he flew in the face of our moral judgment, and they were slaughtered.  We then detonated the scout they went down in.

The message was very startling.  The House of Culture suggested a change in nomenclature to "Butchering Ones," and it was agreed that they certainly seemed to be that way.  The entirety of the message was relayed to the populace, with shocked reactions.  Many then began to petition the Houses for a war declaration.  The House of Culture then weighed the implications, while the House of the People took in the opinions of the populace.  After three months of debate, it was decided that aggressive action must be taken, with focus on toppling the current leader.  And with that, ten ships with many soldiers, and secretly, they had Crystalion Powder, which would be used to assassinate the leader.

In three months, they would be at their target.  And they would not lose to them.

Meanwhile, a study was being done on the probe that had been stuck to the hull of the Rouli.

End of First Contact
Begin Conflict
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:50:41 pm by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.