Author Topic: [AC] One for Profit, One for Knowledge  (Read 7180 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: [AC]One for Profit, One for Knowledge
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 09:00:58 pm »
Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Slorv System, Construct A-1 Orbiting Slorvian V

Yuntar bowed out of the room and cut the video feed. He immediately headed for the nearest door and walked down the hallway. After traveling down several levels on the elevator and pushing through two large doors he found himself amongst the Slorvian High Council members. They had all been awaiting his arrival and quickly stood up and lifted their trunks into the air in the sign of greeting. Yuntar did the same before finding a seat. He knew they would be asking him questions.

"What was your first impression of the Vantry?" a female councilor asked him, "I have my own, but I would like to hear your opinions on them."

"Well," Yuntar began, "at first I didn't know what to expect. They were alien, no doubt, but I can see an actual relationship forming between us. They seem peaceable enough to us. And, to be quite honest, if it ever came to war, I don't think we would have a problem securing our assets. I know this is not how a diplomat should be speaking, but I must look at all the possibilities." Several other councilors shook their head in agreement.

"Especially now that we have our hands on a faster-than-light engine," one of the councilors chimed in. "Which we must also talk about. We've been in contact with the researchers and engineers that have been working towards a prototype. They've looked at the information and they've confirmed it. The theories are sound and production has already begun on one of these engines. We have decided, as a council, that the first engine will be tested on one of our smaller ships. If the tests go as plan, our flagship of the Slorvian IV Defense Fleet will be outfitted with the engine. We've chosen this ship because it is the largest one we have, and because it has the most up-to-date technology."

"This sounds excellent," Yuntar said. "If I may speak freely?" he received a nod and continued on, "I would suggest the construction of several giant ships. They can be built under the guise that they are meant for trade, but in reality they can be used for colonization. I do hope that I am not the only one thinking that we must expand beyond this system..."

"We are already ahead of you on that matter," one of the councilors said, chuckling. He tapped away at a hidden display keyboard and a holographic image of a ship appeared in the middle of the board room table. Yuntar was fascinated by this piece of technology. Holograms were relatively new, but this was the Slorvian High Council, and as such, they had access to technology others could only dream of. The ship itself was an elongated orb with several fins and a large engine protruding from the smooth surface. It was a very Slorvian design, in that it had a smooth appearance. "This is a scaled down version of the generation ships we had been debating long ago. At that time we were considering the possibility of constructing these massive ships to expand the Slorv race outside of this system. The idea was scrapped after it became to expensive. But now that we have a faster-than-light engine we've been reconsidering these ships so that we can finally colonize new worlds." This was exciting news to everyone, and it showed on their faces. "Our team of engineers have been pouring over the old plans, updating them and cutting down on the size. Construction on these ships should begin within the week. We're moving at a fast pace here, and for good reason." Yuntar nodded his head in agreement.

"But now, a matter that we had been discussing before you arrived. Do we give the corporations access to the faster-than-light engine?"

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 04:04:25 pm »
Alpha Quadrant, Sector(2,2), Tapnam System, Ahm, Hours before Graka recieved the Council message

Deep within the bowels of the Altcom Corporate Headquarters, sat a ragged and weary Jergo in its mecha suit, checking reports of different varieties. The recent financial quarter reports were bleak at best, and when the government told im and the other CEOs about the industrial might of the Slorv, he realized that either Altcom was going to fail, or he had to do something big immediately to save the corporation. The CEO determined his options as; merge with a Slorv corporation, convince the Council to levy heavy tariffs on Slorv imports(unlikely considering their view that the Vantry needed the Slorv industry), or roll into the capitol with significant military force alongside other disgruntled corporations and those mistrustful of the Slorv who had power in the military, and there were quite a few powerful military Vantry ready to stage a coup.

Claudin Fran IX, the Altcom CEO, was a member of the Frans by adoption. Many years before the Jergo-Fran bloodline was established, the then-Fran-leader Claudin Fran I decided that he would integrate both the Jergo and the Milute into the Fran ranks, but he found no Milute willing to even discuss the idea, so he settled for just adopting a Jergo to make the Frans seem like an open, good-natured family. Through this connection, Claudin IX obtained great power and control over the Vantry economy, as the Frans essentially controlled every important corporation. They even feigned competition to keep the Council from levying charges of monopoly on the family.

However, Claudin IX's control had been waning for decades, as the minerals of Ahm seemed to disappear into thin air, almost as if Ahm was himself hiding the precious metals from Altcom and the Frans. There was hardly any need for a military anymore, as the enemy to tackle now was the frontier of space. Only the newer space industries, something which the Frans had no stake in, were growing like wild fire. The Council had also figured out how to take down the Frans, and had ceased to obey the commands that the Frans handed down. The old Military-Industrial-Governmental Complex was taking its last dying breath, the exact complex that held the Frans in power, and Claudin IX and his family didn't like that at all.

The Frans could do little to nothing about the death of their control over Government and Industry, but they still had their allies in the Military, which was slowly but inevitably dying. Almost all the old and powerful military officers were under their thumb, and acted like lap dogs. The only issue with using them to roll and fly into the capitol high above on the sky-shield was that the younger officers and enlisted would never attack other Vantry, as per the Vantry Constitution's orders. What Claudin IX needed, was a false-flag attack to rally the people to the corporate side against the Slorv, as the Council would no doubt defend their new-found allies. So, he handed down orders to contact the Slorv corporations via ship, sending off the Altcom Skycutter with the fastest FTL drive Vantry scientists had so far developed, which was only slightly faster than the older one, but hardly enough to make a difference in travel speed. Within the hour, it was soaring towards the Slorv to make corporate contact.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 11:20:06 pm »
Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Slorv System, Construct A-1 Orbiting Slorvian V

The Slorvian High Council had been debating over the corporation-FTL issue for the past few hours. Every now and then Yuntar would add his opinion, but for the most part the High Council seemed to agree. Eventually the corporations would get access to the engine, but only after the Slorvian government had established a fleet large enough to secure both the home system, and any other system the Slorv hoped to colonize. Everyone knew that while the government would be able to fund several different colonies in far away systems, the real growth would be seen when the corporations started to invest their funds in the colonization effort. That's how it had been before, and there was no reason it wouldn't happen the same way.

"So," one of the councilors said after there had been a momentary lapse in the conversation, "we must add more funding to the military. It seems that anymore we cannot sustain any true growth in colonies. The people follow their jobs, and their jobs are supplied by the corporations. We should cut back the funding in those areas and focus on the protection of our people. That is what a government if for, is it not?" There were many nods of agreement at these words, since they spoke the truth.

"So we can agree on this? The particular figures can be worked out at a later time, but I call for a vote for an increase in the military budget." With that each High Councilor tapped in a few entries into their datapads in front of them. After several minutes of this the votes were up. "Eighteen vote in favor, three are opposed. Then it's settled. A new committee will be setup which should include a good team of engineers, several military officers with experience in space warfare, and scientists to continue weapons development. And with that, I think it is time we take a break." Everyone slowly got out of their seats. They were all a little sore from sitting in the same place for such a long time, but they had reached a decision. Things were moving forward, and at a very quick rate.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 11:46:06 pm »
Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Slorv System, Days after Graka's talk with Yuntar

The Altcom Skycutter dropped out of warp on the other side of the system from where the Skipper had arrived, with the intention being to avoid all governmental-Slorv intervention, as well as give the Skipper as little time to respond to Altcom's presence in the system as possible, though the pilot and messenger had what they thought was a good story if Graka decided to ask why they were here. They quickly scanned the system, and decided upon the most industrialized planet, assuming that the center of industry was the center of the corporations, setting off towards it.

Predictably, the Altcom Skycutter's warp signature appeared on the Skipper's sensors within seconds, and Graka was alerted within minutes. He quietly stepped into the cockpit, and looked over the sensors, "Altcom... I don't like this. They shouldn't be here, the system home to the corporations that will bring about Altcom's downfall... it doesn't make sense... contact them." The pilot nodded, and keyed in the ship's 'frequency' on the FTL communications equipment built into the cockpit itself, followed by a short "Hello?" from the Skycutter's pilot. Graka quickly sat down in the co-pilot's seat, and began, "Why are you here? And don't give me some bull crap story. I know you corporate types."

The pilot of the Skycutter took a moment to respond, but then he replied, "Don't worry, Mr. Diplomat. We're just here to negotiate a merger to save our hides from poverty. Nothing illegal about that, is there?"

Graka snorted to himself, but the equipment didn't pick up on this, "Oh, nothing illegal at all. You've all been informed about the Slorv, I suppose you would want to not lose your job." Before the pilot could answer, he cut the connection, and typed in a few commands, "I'm sending a recording of this small conversation to the Council... their computers will be able to determine whether or not that pilot is lying. As well as whether or not we're going to need a military inquiry into Altcom's latest movements." The pilot of the Skipper nodded, saying a quick "Good thinking, sir," as if he hadn't been listening. It was technically his job not to hear anything Graka said.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 12:01:06 am »
Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Slorv System, Altairian Shipyard Orbiting Slorvian II

News of the aliens had spread across the system, and the corporations had been waiting patiently. They all knew that this was opening up new windows for trade, and they would be quick to jump on it. Little did they know that it would happen so soon. It was Altair Inc. that was the first to notice the approaching alien ship, and they were the first to attempt contact. The Vantry language had been downloaded from the government, so they were able to readily communicate with the new arrivals. They didn't realize that the ship represented an alien corporation, but they did realize that a ship was approaching the general area of their headquarters so they weren't going to sit around when there was the possibility of trade.

//Greetings alien vessel. This is Altair Inc. attempting contact. We know of the peaceful relations between our two races and wish to speak with you concerning trade. Are you able to discuss these matters?//

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 12:09:33 am »
Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Slorv System, Nearing Slorvian II

The pilot notified the messenger, Claudin X, that a Slorv corporation had tried to contact them. Within moments, he sat down in the co-pilot's seat, and began transmitting to Altair as he read the message that his father had entrusted him with; //Greetings to you, Altair Inc. This ship represents Altcom Inc., and Altcom represents the primary mining corporation on Ahm. Consequently, our very existence is threatened if our species trades with yours, without tariffs. Is this a secure channel, I.E., can your government hear us?// Claudin X sat back in his chair, waiting patiently. Already, they had gone out on a limb. If this corporation decided to turn them into the government, they would be ruined.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 12:13:34 am »
Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Slorv System, Altairian Shipyard Orbiting Slorvian II

//Our scientists and engineers ensure us that this is an encrypted channel, but one can never be too sure. But you say you represent a corporation yourself? What deals have you come to discuss, especially if you are a mining corporation? Altair Inc. constructs space ships, so there is definitely a connection, but we would not present any major competition to you. That would be Alcoan Inc.'s job.//

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 12:22:48 am »

Comforted, Claudin X continued, //We do not wish to speak to our future competitors. Altair Inc. constructs space ships? That's perfect. You see, we're here to offer you the chance of a lifetime; the blueprints and theorems to build a FTL drive, specifically the fastest one have built.// Of course, not mentioning that it was hardly faster than the Skipper's FTL drive, //In exchange for this, we would like you to build military-grade ships Altcom has designed, with our own material and armor, at a massive discount, for a period of ten of our years. It would also be preferable that you keep your government from snooping around too much, if you can do so. We would also like any information you have on weapons manufacturers who are willing to build infantry and vehicular armament for Altcom, as well as knowing not to ask why we want them built. Would you accept this deal?//

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 12:36:13 am »

The executives were nearly jumping for joy when they heard this message.

//I think we can agree to those terms. As long as you supply this FTL drive you speak of and the materials necessary to construct these ships, it shouldn't be a problem. As for weapons development, there is one company that specializes in automated mechanical beings. They are quite effective on the battlefield, and each new generation continues to improve over the last. Retrem Inc. builds these robots, but if you wish, we could contact them for you since you seem to be trying to avoid too much publicity. Altair Inc. understands that and respects that. If not there are several other arms dealers that could produce any number of weapons for your purchase. As for vehicular armament, there are no major corporations specializing in the construction of military grade material.//

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 11:58:20 am »

Claudin X could just imagine how excited and relieved his father would be, and proud of his son as well, //Hmm, no vehicle manufacturers? We'll just have to make do with taking some of our military's... But theirs are more than satisfactory. We may have be in peace for many years, but we never forgot how to build a tank. We can offer the further incentive of having five pre-built drives delivered to you within days, if you will build the first five ships for free. All you would need to do is make some modifications to your current ship, and hook the drives up to their power systems, and you'd be weeks, months, even years ahead of your government. Do you mind if we land on your world so that we can sign the contracts written in Slorvian? If you don't, are there any Retrem Inc. representatives on Slorvian II to negotiate a different contract?//

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 12:05:58 pm »

//For all intents and purposes, our robotic 'buddies', as we refer to them, are our vehicles. They come in many different shapes and sizes. As for the exchange of five drives for five ships, we can only say no. Ships are expensive things, and even though these FTL drives are invaluable, we do not think they are on par with the profit of selling five ships. I can barter with you though and agree to giving you three free ships for the five pre-built FTL drives.

When we do reach an agreement, you would be more than welcome to land on our planet, but seeing as a majority of it is covered in magma fields, it would probably be better to dock with our space station to conclude the deal.

As for Retrem Inc. representatives, there may be a few scattered around Slorvian II, but I doubt they would have the seniority to negotiate any major deals. However, they would have the means to contact their headquarters better than we could. I'll have them called up to be present at our contract signing if you so wish. It would be the most efficient way to move things along.//

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 12:24:48 pm »

//Agreed then, we didn't realize you were in orbit of Slorvian II. Three ships for five drives is satisfactory. As for the docking, does your station have what we call uh... a 'ship-to-ship' connection, or does the ship land within the station, where there is already pressurization? And we would indeed like you to have them be present. We should be in orbit of Slorvian II in a few minutes... But we can wait for them to gather.// Claudin X pushed the button to transmit the message, having all the while been aware of the time-lapse involved in radio transmissions.

Suddenly, the FTL communications chirped, and it said, in Claudin IX's voice, "The others are in agreement. Once you've obtained the deals, the material will be there in a day. The cargo ship has already left the station." Double-meaning messages, his father's favorite way of communicating secrets. The message was literal, the cargo ship had indeed already left the station with the ship material, but it also meant that the operation was a done-deal. It was going to happen now, and there was no going back. It just needed the proof-the deals- before the other corporations would sign instead of agree.

Alpha Quadrant, Sector (2,2), Tapnam System, Ahm

The Council computers received Graka's message, and processed it within moments, deciding upon 'Liar' as their result. It sent this result down to the Council themselves, in their debate chamber. Councilor Alpha read the message to the assembly of Councilors and Military brass, and spoke, "Altcom is up to something. We cannot trust a corporation which can see its death coming. Vantry can do many things in desperation, especially when greed is involved. General Daedan, I want your Inquisitors to investigate and report their findings. There are no buts involved in this matter of Vantry security." Daedan nodded, and immediately began whispering into a transmitter that he always held on his first left shoulder, as Alpha continued, "Now, what is the next issue?"

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 02:06:10 pm »

The executives of Altair were bristling with pride. They had successfully dropped the deal down to only three ships whilst still securing the five faster-than-light engines, a very successful barter if they had ever seen one. Plans were already being made, and the area within the Altarian Shipyards and prepped to begin construction on these three ships. It would take some time to construct them, but the sooner they got construction underway, the sooner they would be done and the more money could be made.

At the same time, Retrem Inc. representatives were called to the meeting area where the deal would take place. They came along, wary of their corporate rivals, even though they weren't directly competing. They were accompanied by several three-legged robotic 'buddies' that were tasked with the job of carrying several large containers which held images and some smaller examples of nearly ever robotic model in production. They were prepared to strike a deal, and they were willing to show these newcomers everything that they had to offer.

//Normally we would have a ship to ship connection, but because we are unsure whether these locks would be compatible, it would probably be better to land within one of our docking bays which can then be pressurized. I am not sure of your preferences, but it would probably be better to come in some sort of biosuit, depending on the differences of our two worlds. We must also take into consideration that there may be some foreign microorganisms that could be transferred between our two races. It would not be good if we were to trade these along with our material goods.//

Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Throughout the Slorv System

The arrival of the alien species and the subsequent transfer of technology had pushed the otherwise hectic Slorvian Empire into a chaotic spiral of energy. Rather than being fearful and staying at home, many Slorv were excited by the idea of new life and the possibility of traveling between the stars. A majority of the population had no idea that the Slorvian High Council has secured a faster-than-light drive, but they now realized that it was possible to go faster than light and arrive in a far away place almost instantly. Or so they thought.

The real action was occurring within the Slorvian government itself. Funds were being shifted, spending was being increased, and production facilities throughout the home system were going into overdrive to pick up the slack where others left off. Most of this activity was military in nature, after the High Council agreed to secure the home system and guarantee protection to every Slorv. Various shipbuilding corporations, namely Altair Inc., received new orders of military grade ships while several high-tech production facilities received blueprints to begin construction on mysterious objects. Several executives were briefed that they were in fact FTL drives, but the average worker had no idea what they were building.

Retrem Inc. became the most busy. They were receiving orders to begin construction of several new Robotic Brigades, complete with weapons and the latest hardware. New models required to carry out strange tasks were called for and old designs required upgrading. The Slorv were going to expand in, and they were going to do so with the ability to defend themselves if the need arose.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 02:40:24 pm »
Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Slorv System, Near the Altairian Shipyard Orbiting Slorvian II

Claudin X was already getting suited up in the exosuit, a practice that was still unprecedentedly dangerous and required exosuits to survive space. However, instead of space, it would be a foreign atmo and biosphere that could potentially still result in death. As Claudin wasn't present, the pilot answered, //Claudin X is already getting suited up. We're going to come in while he's holding onto the side of the ship, an assuredly sterile way to land, as no microbe we currently know of can survive space.//

Once Claudin was suited up, he entered the air lock, which vacuumed the air out as they approached the station. What was left was sucked out into space as the lock opened, and Claudin briskly climbed out, clutching a square pyramid-shaped device that would print copies of the contract for each representative and himself, as well as translate these different copies. Alternatively, it would also serve as the translator between species. He then gracefully crawled along the Skycutter's hull, as all 'Gra do, because of their six leg-arms that give them great mobility, even in zero-gee.

The pilot selected the first empty bay he saw, and brought it in slowly, making sure not to scratch the sides as he deployed the landing gear and shut off the engine. Safe, Claudin climbed down the hull, orchestrating a kind of back flip to land on the ground. It was almost uncanny how agile a 'Gra became once gravity ceased to be part of the equation. He then patiently waited for the representatives to pressurize the dock and come see him.

Alpha Quadrant, Sector (2,2), Tapnam System, Ahm

Almost immediately, the Inquisitors got to work, walking into Altcom's headquarters calmly. Two of them, always working in pairs, simply showed their IDs to the security guard, who knew what to do if asked if the Inquisition were here, as they walked through the metal detector, but it oddly made no noise as it scanned them. Secretly, the Inquisition was the only Military force to use Ragtan Alloy weapons and armor, making them virtually undetectable by all convention forms of scanner technology. Nothing short of a full-body scan would detect that anything was amiss, and even then, their equipment would simply appear as voids in the scan. They kept their IDs out, and showed them to the secretary at the front office, quietly saying, "We are going to speak with Mr. Claudin IX. This matter is far beyond your clearance. If you hear gunfire, we were not here. If you are asked if you saw us, you saw only the air." The secretary, slightly frightened by the appearance of the Inquisition, quickly cleared them to go straight to the top of the skyscraper. One Inquisitor made his way to the elevator, the other asked the secretary, "Did you see us?" The secretary quietly gulped, and replied, "Is the wind blowing? Strange." Underneath his hood, and behind his protective Ragtan mask, the Inquisitor smiled, and joined his comrade in the elevator.

At the top, the elevator opened, but it was apparently empty as Claudin IX looked up from his paper-covered desk. He narrowed his eyes slightly, suspicious, but went back to work. Moments later, the elevator doors closed, and it went back down to respond to a call from some employee on another floor. He looked up again to check to see if anyone got in, and was greeted by a blue, crystal-armored fist slamming into his face. He woke up some amount of time later, strapped to his chair, but he felt no pain due to the pain killers the Inquisitors had thoughtfully given him. He quietly contemplated whether or not these pain killers had something else mixed into them, as the pair conversed in whispers in front of him.

One of them noticed he was awake, and looked over at him, saying, "Mr. Claudin IX. We have some allegations that seem to involve you. You may have heard rumors about the Inquisition. They are all true."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 02:31:44 pm »

Once the Ventry ship was securely locked in the docking bay, the large blast doors closed behind them and an atmosphere was slowly pumped in to the chamber. This wasn't the most efficient way of docking ships, but because there was no compatibility, it was really the only way to conduct this transaction. It took several minutes for the atmosphere to be pumped in to the, all the while the Altair and Retrem representatives stood watching up above from behind a plexiglass window.

When this procedure was finally completed, the representatives made their way into the docking bay, preferring to go out and meet the Vantry rather than forcing him to leave his ship. It was always better to be close to something familiar. The robotic companions filed in behind the representatives, several large containers stretched out between them. They waited patiently for the first deal to be made before moving on to Retrem.

"Greetings, soon to be business partners," Chief Executive Hoko said. She was one of the higher representatives of Altair Inc. and had been given the clearance and go ahead to conduct the first trans-species business deal in Slorvian history. She knew that her name would probably go down in the history books, but that wasn't what she was focusing on at this point. She was a businesswoman first and foremost. She was good at her job and it showed. She had a contract to sign, and she was going to get it done. "We have written up the terms of the deal on these pages," an associate came up carrying several stacks of paper, "that basically state everything we have agreed on. You may review them if you like, but we Slorv are very particular about our business transactions. For what it's worth, we have never had a case of illegal procedures or switching the legal terms of a deal in our history. We normally conclude our deals with a signature. If your race has a different tradition, I feel it would be best if we conducted this transaction in both our races traditions to securely seal this deal without stepping on anyone's tails."

The Retrem Inc. representatives watched the proceedings with much interest. They recently came from a business deal conducted between Retrem Inc. and Alcoan Inc., but they were always aching for information concerning other major Slorvian corporations. Plus, if things went well, they could very well be signing a deal similar to the one going on.

Alpha Quadrant, Sector (3,2), Slorv System, Retrem Inc. HQ on Slorvian V

Retrem Inc. headquarters were one of the few buildings that broke through the ground and extended above the planet's surface. Following colony protocol, a majority of the buildings and infrastructure were located underground to provide protection from the dangers of space. But there were several structures that had been given clearance to pierce the protective earth. And the Retrem Inc. HQ was one of them.

CEO Tiik sat in his office chair pouring over the information that continued to flow in from every corner of the Slorvian homesystem. Ever since the arrival of the aliens, things had been hectic and massive shipments were being ordered from practically everywhere. The government orders alone were going to put Retrem Inc. in the black. So Tiik had ordered a group of representatives out to Slorvian II in order to secure a larger shipment of refined metals from Alcoan Inc. and had been pleasantly surprised to learn that contact had been made between an alien corporation and Altair Inc. They had asked for representatives from Retrem Inc. as well, with the promise of good business between the two races.

But there were other things that were making his job as CEO hectic. He had secured a deal with Yasirean Inc. a few months back for several experimental small drive AI constructs. They had just recently arrived and were currently being installed in a group of military-grade robots. These were the first AI constructs being installed in military robots. For the most part, the military robots of the past had been hardwired to identify enemies and determine whether or not to shoot. They had been successful, but they had required an actual Slorv commander to order them to certain positions. This hadn't been a problem though, because a majority of the alarmists didn't like the idea of totally automated robots that had the capability to kill someone.

AI constructs had made leaps and bounds since then, and now were fully capable of being installed into a robot whilst giving it cognitive thought. This was the current test, to see whether or not they were effective in battle or whether they would fall flat in comparison to their computer controlled, Slorv commanded brethren. They still had the hardware that wouldn't allow them to disobey direct orders from their superiors, but now they could strategize. Truly a step up.