Author Topic: The Galactic Protection Agency [ooc]  (Read 25700 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The Galactic Protection Agency [ooc]
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2011, 07:28:34 am »
I dont get what your talking about.

I'm asking you guys which option you would personally prefer if you were somehow forcefully thrown into the RG universe.  :)

It's more or less between...

A.) Quantum Leaping into an experienced officer with an extremely extended lifespan while still retaining said officer's experience. Sadly, unless you can escape arrest, the guys at the GPA would probably put you on trial because of loads of evidence which point out your support of the PSR's latest agenda. There's also the fact that the ship you're on is part of the PSR fleet that's assigned to defend Perrawiih, and we all know what happens to ships during a massive engagement.

B.) You can choose whichever GPA race you want to be, and gain every single peace of technical knowledge of that race. Unfortunately, you're basically filling the role of a random redshirt.

Long-lived but likely to get locked up/exiled/go in hiding/drawn into the ensuing civil war or a walking library that has to survive something akin to Operation Overlord.  :)

but...they already got those things! the animals on Earthsky have those things.

We humans, on the other hand, don't.  ;)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2011, 05:40:24 pm »
and a Perrachi body that will remain fit even in 500 years...
Well, Perrachi only live for 200 years now. Maybe you're running on a different planet's time.

Sadly, unless you can escape arrest, the guys at the GPA would probably put you on trial because of loads of evidence which point out your support of the PSR's latest agenda. There's also the fact that the ship you're on is part of the PSR fleet that's assigned to defend Perrawiih, and we all know what happens to ships during a massive engagement.
Actually, the GPA halted their invasion once the PSR collapsed, which was a few months in. There was a battle in the Nupis system, though the fighting near the actual planet of Perrawiih wasn't too intense. Besides, the reason they stopped was because everyone suddenly belonged to some sort of faction, every one of which refused to accept responsibility for the PSR's actions (which most of them viewed favorably in the first place anyway). The Interstellar Civil War lasted a full year and was arguably more significant, but that's chiefly among Perrachi and I doubt any of you want a primer on their biology, history and culture.

Talin's President of Zal now, and any GPA attempts to capture him would result in another war from the Perrachi, this time definitely a lot fiercer. (Territorial integrity and resentment, not Talin in particular of course.) Khadenin was killed en route to Extra by a Luzonian ship, and the various ministers and generals are divided among the Alliance. Any soldiers are basically freed of responsibility because of the civil war and PSR collapse, and some Perrachi nations I could name are actually very keen on good relations with the GPA.

But all this doesn't mean that the war wasn't thrilling or that the stakes weren't high or that the PSR didn't meet its demise at the Battle of Perrawiih. The stakes were just high for the threat of another war between members of the same species, and it was more of an open revolt in the skies (not the streets, naturally) that ousted the high command. In the brief duration of the invasion you could very well be captured and tried by GPA forces as a Perrachi captain, but providing you lived through it you'd probably be set free within a couple of months on account of having no higher-ups to blame anymore. Not that this wouldn't be soul-crushingly depressing, but hey! At least there's no foreign occupation.

Say, all of the USSS members were also GPA members. Did any of them take part in the invasion? It seems very out of character for them. I'm guessing the Slakos and Makal would keep quiet about how much they loved their new democratic governments on account of their space being used as vital supply lines for the invasion. The Goonals would either contribute just a few ships or stand by in indecision, the Bino government is kind of prone to infighting, and the Ni'Calls might just not care. I know they definitely have made an ally species within Perrachi space, though...
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2011, 01:22:07 am »
and a Perrachi body that will remain fit even in 500 years...
Well, Perrachi only live for 200 years now. Maybe you're running on a different planet's time.

No, really, I meant that.

It acts as an incentive to pick that choice in much the same way that the other choice gives you increased thinking skills and an encyclopedic knowledge about any one race's technology.

The stakes were just high for the threat of another war between members of the same species, and it was more of an open revolt in the skies (not the streets, naturally) that ousted the high command. In the brief duration of the invasion you could very well be captured and tried by GPA forces as a Perrachi captain, but providing you lived through it you'd probably be set free within a couple of months on account of having no higher-ups to blame anymore.

I see.

Still, I'd say the two choices are still balanced, risk:benefit ratio-wise.

Personally, which would you choose, UFO?   :)

Say, all of the USSS members were also GPA members. Did any of them take part in the invasion? It seems very out of character for them. I'm guessing the Slakos and Makal would keep quiet about how much they loved their new democratic governments on account of their space being used as vital supply lines for the invasion. The Goonals would either contribute just a few ships or stand by in indecision, the Bino government is kind of prone to infighting, and the Ni'Calls might just not care. I know they definitely have made an ally species within Perrachi space, though...

Was kinda wondering about that too, actually.

Anyone wanna clear this up?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2011, 02:49:46 am »
Still, I'd say the two choices are still balanced, risk:benefit ratio-wise.

Personally, which would you choose, UFO?   :)
Perrachi, because they're ek npakchich!
In all seriousness, I know more of the Perrachi than anybody else (obviously) and would thus be more familiar and comfortable with their culture. Besides, it's pretty cool that they can fly and have future tech, not to mention contact with dozens of other sapient species. Of course, the similar psychology helps. I wouldn't want to live among aliens that ramble on about *pretty space* or Juffo-Wup.

And of course I would know all the good escape routes...

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2011, 03:54:39 am »
I see.

You'd try and save as much of your people, yes?  :)

Personally, I'd choose being an Orealyianis and try my best to survive, since I'd probably be more likely to die if I was in a axecrazy Luzonian squadron and I'd probably not survive a civil war in a non-familiar culture. The others that I am familiar of aren't exactly great either, since I could get more knowledge as an Orealyianis while having to deal with less crazy compared to the Choro. Chivi, I really don't wanna be a bird-insect-slug in a jar. Or a blind mole. Or the spawn of Cthulhu and a watermelon. So, umm, yeah, Orealyianis it is for me.  :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »
Anyone want bio pictures?

EDIT: Of course you'll have to wait a fair bit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:22:14 pm by UFO King »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2011, 05:18:31 pm »
Personally, I'd choose being an Orealyianis and try my best to survive, since I'd probably be more likely to die if I was in a axecrazy Luzonian squadron and I'd probably not survive a civil war in a non-familiar culture. The others that I am familiar of aren't exactly great either, since I could get more knowledge as an Orealyianis while having to deal with less crazy compared to the Choro. Chivi, I really don't wanna be a bird-insect-slug in a jar. Or a blind mole. Or the spawn of Cthulhu and a watermelon. So, umm, yeah, Orealyianis it is for me.  :)

If survival is a big thing, I'd pick Ni'Calls. If you take care of their insides they last forever.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2011, 06:36:41 pm »
-For an out of character, would anybody like me to do some conceptual GPA-specific vehicles, such as fighters, space ships, ground forces, ect?-

Co-op design efforts, something like that?

If survival is a big thing, I'd pick Ni'Calls. If you take care of their insides they last forever.

Really?

Ni'Calls it is then.  :)

Compared to an Orealyianis which is pretty short-lived, having an indefinitely long life will net me much more benefits in the long run.

Anyone want bio pictures?

*raises hand*
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:41:02 pm by Yuu »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2011, 12:30:27 am »
So...

Who wants to make Rcalde the agency's new Chief of Security?  :)

Could help us save a lot on medical costs that way.  ;)

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2011, 08:16:16 am »
bwhuh?
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2011, 10:06:07 am »
He's a veteran of a lot of combat scenarios and seems to be one of those hard-to-kill guys even for Gradients' standards.

Chief of Security in a place that's bound to attract a lot of nasty intruders is simply perfect for him.

And since he's sticking around anyway, I think he wouldn't mind it much.   :)

Failing that, Neuropyzine is pretty expensive stuff.  :-\

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2011, 02:11:36 pm »
OK, so I'm probably going to have former Nirbalu Treasurer Limik run for Director of Public Information.

Probably.

I mean, she would have done something during the timeskip, right?

I don't even know.

*Note: This is according to a plan that Yuu and I know about and BLAH BLAH BLAH long story short we've been working with a couple of friends in the background and we've talked this over, but I'm not even sure we're actually going to do this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:17:06 pm by Dr.Octagonapus »
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2011, 03:48:17 pm »
We can probably make a Kosmosis GPA thread, you know, since we can use our old creations this time around.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2011, 01:18:55 am »
-snip-

Feel free to submit your candidacy, then.   :)

EDIT:

Oh, right.

Umm, in the interest of not cluttering things up, should we assume that Oct's guys already joined, and simply bring it up in a future conversation?

Or should I cut in on the election (which would be all kinds of awkward)?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:21:56 am by Yuu »