Poll

What's our plan?

Take the rag back out and show it to someone, along with the shirt.
Try to find the battery for the phone.
Take a shower.
Go back to the crime scene.
Tell someone about your experience.
Carry on with normal activities.

Author Topic: Insanity-A MetaGame  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
  • Level 40: I got TENTACLES!
    • View Profile
Insanity-A MetaGame
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:53:33 am »
OOC: Alright. This Metagame arose from a dream I had, and I decided "Why the heck not?" when I realized I was running out of things to do and draw in my spare time. Don't blame me if this sounds extremely familiar to anything. It was a dream for goodness sake... X3

The cold evening wind blows on your face as you wave goodbye to your friend Nicholas, glad that he could help you out with your studies. You're sure you're going to ace Tuesday's test now thanks to his help.

You walk down the fresh sidewalk quickly, the sun fading below the trees and houses, making the air even colder. As you hurry home with the leaves scuttering around your feet and the dying blue sky above your dark hair, your cell phone begins to ring in your pocket, but you don't recognize the tone. You take it out, remembering that all of your contacts have different tones, but this one rang the regular tone. You look at the number on the front, coming up with 131-943-2019. You raise an eyebrow, wondering who this person was.

EDIT: Please note, our actions will determine our character, so choose carefully. Also, remember, certain things will make a huge impact on the later story. There are 5 plots in mind, each one different from the others.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:16:20 pm by Guilmon »

Awesomeness runs strong in the Greivi bloodline.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
Re: Insanity-A MetaGame
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:14:54 pm »
The phone beeps as you miss the call. You decide to try and see if they left a message, opening your phone and going to your voice mail. As you begin to open your inbox, the screen comes up with the voicemail. You put the small silvery cell phone up to your ear, shivering as you feel how cold it is. The message begins to play.

"No! Stop, you idiot! This ISN'T necessary!" a voice shouts, barely audible.
"Please help me! DEAR g- JUST HELP ME!" a person screams into the phone, sounding like they were in tears, blathering sobs and slurred words.
"I need help!!! It's coming for me!!! He won't stop it, and it's got me!! ON MY TAIL!! HE-e-e-e-lllppp me-e-e..., please hear my message! 23rd Avenue and Urundo! TWENTY THIRD AVENUE AND URUNDO!!! NOW!! HE-" the man screams into the phone, a loud screech filling the background, followed by the loud sound of the phone dropping and skidding on pavement. You pull the phone away from your ear in a flinch, forcing yourself to listen. Suddenly, your hear cracking, the man's screams stopping, and something screeching again and again. You hear the phone being picked up once more, then a loud sound, the message ending.

Your eyes fill with terror, wondering what the heck was going on. You think for a moment, the cold wind reminding you that you have to get home. You shake your head, running at full speed home, assuming it was all a wonderful prank call. You smile, secretly congratulating the pranksters on a job well done, and PROPS for actually scaring you for a moment.

Your feet hit the pavement with great force, propelling yourself forward, the street lights turning on as you run under them, the echos of your feet only silenced by the wind. The phone rings once more, you digging in your pocket, stopping under street light. You take out the phone once more, seeing something much different upon the screen. Nothing. You raise an eyebrow, thinking it's an alarm you set for yourself.

You quietly open the phone, the screen beeping at you. 'One missed call.' You look, wondering why the number didn't show up.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:17:20 pm by Guilmon »

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:01:30 pm »
I'll update tomorrow if no one else votes today, or if I don't get 3 more voters. =3

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 03:52:52 pm »
OOC:I can't believe how impatient I am... T.T Next Update!

You begin to wonder if it really was a prank... What if someone was really in trouble? You might as well go to their need, or call the police, or at least call them back... You really don't want to look like a jerk...

You think, nervousness plain on your face. You have to go home, but that man could really be in trouble... Perhaps he was being mugged... Or even worse... You glance around the darkening streets nervously, wondering what to do... Might as well just go to the address. After all, it's only a few darned blocks away. But then there's the risk of putting yourself in danger. You groan, turning and running to 23rd and Urundo, figuring you'll call the police if things go wrong.

You pant as you run as fast as you can to help the man in need, hoping you don't look like an idiot when you barge in. You desperately try to think of an excuse, coming up with "I was going to the store", remembering the meat market down the street. You smile slightly, pushing ahead, ignoring your aching muscles and cold skin, just thinking of saving someone. I'll be like a hero... you think in your daze from the endorphins, the streets sign soon approaching. Now for the choice of action.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:18:07 pm by Guilmon »

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
  • Captain, we're eaten by a gluttonous black hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 04:53:15 pm »
Call the police.
:o Whoa... that was deep.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 04:54:42 pm »
EDIT: Ahh, who cares? Let's update!

You feel it would be best to sneak around... Don't want to alert the police for nothing... Or make yourself look like a complete idiot. You walk slowly to the intersection, looking for whoever had called you. As you walk through the dim light, you jump as you hear a crack, then looking down at your shoes, realizing you had stepped on a broken cell phone, You hesitantly pick it up, looking at the scratched screen and broken back. You open it delicately, looking around once more before pressing against a wall. You look, the screen flickering on and off. You carefully look in it's history, feeling your neck hair raise as you see your own number, dialed 16 times. You glance around once more, looking at the alley way beside you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:18:41 pm by Guilmon »

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 10:49:00 am »
After looking down the alley for a moment, just barely leaning in to try and peer into it's dark depths, you decide looking through the phone would be much better.

You carefully go to the menu, hoping to not damage the phone further. You decide the best place to go first would be contacts, see who he knew. You open up the menu, met by a few numbers and people's names. "Lawyer" was among them, along with "Dr. Phillis", "Mary", and then... You're startled to see your number. There are a few more numbers, "555-193-4537", "918-367-3724", and the empty number. You look through, seeing nothing more than their phone numbers inside the contacts, frustrating you. You quickly go back to the menu, suddenly hearing something like a car screech down the street. You freeze, your breath stopped, waiting for the car to arrive, getting all the more nervous when a car didn't come. You shake it off, going back to the phone and looking for his pictures.

As you find them, you eagerly begin looking through. The first few you see are of brick walls, black, and the streets. You frown slightly, but come to the next picture. The entire thing is blurred and trailed, like taking a picture... while running. There is a blur in the center of it, resembling something of a bear, and in the corner, there is a large pale blur, obviously his finger over the lens.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:19:53 pm by Guilmon »

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 10:59:35 am »
Are we female?
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 11:01:32 am »
Yes... I imagine we are female... with dark hair... =3 Not much more in mind... We'll get to that later.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 11:02:41 am »
*Evil grin*
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 07:49:24 pm »
After careful consideration on the facts, you think it'd be best to call the police. There was obviously something screwy going on here. You put the damaged phone in your pocket, then bring out your own. You quickly grab the 911 number, bringing the cold phone up to your ear. You shiver once more, then hearing the car screech again... But closer.

You wait patiently as the dial tone rings, suddenly feeling dread, the atmosphere around you tightening, starting to make you sweat. The car screeches once more, making you nervously start to walk away from the alley. The tone rings louder in your ear, the streets almost silent.

You feel the need to scream, the operator suddenly coming on. "Hello, 911. Wh-" she starts, a hard blow suddenly hitting your neck. You scream slightly as you fall, the cold and grey sidewalk meeting your view, your vision going black. The operator continues in your ear, your vision blurry, skin stinging, and back aching as a weight presses on top of you. "the nature of your emergency..." the sound fades, the light around your going black as you go unconscious.

You moan, feeling prickle and itch all around your burning skin, crinkling below you. Your eyes flutter open reluctantly, meeting the sky and the oak tree outside your house. You startle awake, panting as you look around you. You realize you're on your lawn, in front of your house, the morning gazing above you.

You sigh in relief when you remember it's Saturday, glad it wasn't a school day. You shiver as coldness touches your back, craning your neck to see your shirt ripped and torn around your collar. "What the..." you say in surprise, feeling along with the cold, something slightly wet and crusty on your exposed back. You slowly reach for it, touching it, and recoiling in disgust. You get up, brushing yourself off, then realizing that your parents will freak when they realize you were out all night, and now you had torn one of your good shirts.

You dash inside quietly and assassinly((My new adjective. :D)), grabbing a new shirt and a towel, wiping your back and replacing the shirt. You stash the mysteriously torn shirt in your closet, hoping to look at it later.

OOC: Sorry for the flatness of this one.. Hard to get in the mood when you're in a public library with your little sister freaking out beside you. ^.^: Better update when I get back.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:21:48 pm by Guilmon »

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 07:52:52 pm »
Can't update right now... I can't get into the mood while I'm at the Library. X3

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 07:54:54 pm »
Better than me. You try typing anything meaningful with no comma key! :o

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 04:30:36 pm »
    Surprise hits you like a brick wall, then flooding over with worry and doubt, your hands dashing for your pocket, a sigh coming from your lips when you hit the damaged phone. You bring it out and open it up, waiting for the screen to come on. You wait patiently, the screen blank. You press the damaged and chipped power button, worry nagging at your mind as you nip yourself on the sharp material. You wait. Nothing. You flip over the phone, cussing silently as you realize the battery for the phone had been ripped out. You dig in your pocket to make sure it hadn't fallen out, coming back with lint and a few chips of plastic. You groan, putting the phone into a drawer. You sigh, then look to the closet, a few ideas hitting the inside of your head.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 11:58:03 am »
I'll update later... Got a project I need to do. X3