Author Topic: [RG] Crystalion  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: [AC] Crystalion
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 04:04:16 pm »
I made it dammit.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:08:12 pm by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 04:15:14 pm »
Ok, sorry. I had reason to be suspicious. It looks like martyk's previous work on Perrawiih, and it's more high-quality than the image before that. I apologize.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 04:20:56 pm »
Actually, this could easily be a compliment (saying my work is as good as Martyk's).

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 05:04:50 pm »
Ships and Ship Operations

Like the Crystalion themselves, their ships are highly generalized.  The skin of the ship is warped and wrinkly.  Then, on the outside part where radiation and such is most likely to affect them, is machinery stuff such as engines, power generation, life support, sensors, and the storage of various things such as tools.  On the next part is where all of this is controlled with various engineering decks.  The next, which makes up the bulk of the ship, is quartering for the Crystalion that live, work and serve on the ship.  Then, the center most part is the command center.

The inside has very little decoration, as the Crystalion are nearly blind.  The decks are bare, the ceilings are very low, and the hallways narrow, where the Crystalion can simply ooze through them.  The walls can carry electric current very easily, and have little tunnels where communication chemicals can flow through, as well as sprayers.  That way, messages can be carried long distance through the ship, since everyone would be in contact with the walls.  For somewhat larger rooms, there are rods which come down and poke the people inside.   Private calls are done by badges worn somewhere on the outside, where it will release the appropriate chemicals and electricity.

The command structure is easy.  2 captains, 3 first officers, 7 second officers, 13 third officers, and a varied number of lieutenant equivalents and ensign equivalents (names are in Crystalion, so it would be worthless to transcribe them).  The two captains co-run the ship, while the officers share in each others duties.  Disagreements can rise, but due to the rapid nature of Crystalion communication, they are solved hundreds of times faster than a human conversation could ever.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:28:20 pm by Kenotai »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 05:09:06 pm »
I love the stylized nature of the picture. The whole ship seems very well thought out. How large are they?
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 05:11:15 pm »
It varies.  However, they all follow the same pattern, more or less.  I will make more types though (probes, stealth, battle(notice how this has no weapons)).  The one to find the Yerxe will probably be about Enterprise size (original series).

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 05:15:12 pm »
Sounds cool. The Yerxe have a more edged, geometric design to their architecture, specifically triangles and pyramids. A Yerxe ship would probably be something like a pyramid with huge lasers on each point. Say, what kinds of weapons do the Crystalion have, anyway? Lasers? Plasma? Particle beams?

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 06:22:08 pm »
I haven't given it much thought.  I always felt that a weapons style is indicative of the races personality.  Atom Breakers which rain down righteous judgment for the Vykusi, and the timid Milika with their vast ships and exellent shields.  I'm thinking these guys will probably be more militant, utilitarian, hedonistic, and cerebral.  So I will think on what way the weapons would work.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 06:57:09 pm »
*picks up jaw from the floor*

Aaaaaggghhh!!!

MAGNIFICENT!

The emotions that flew through my mind while reading it was just intense!

Bravo, Keno! These guys are fantastic! :)

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 07:05:41 pm »
I agree with yuu.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 10:47:44 am »
Small Ships
Probe

The probe is a small, torpedo shaped version of the main ship type.  Most of the outer mechanical part is made up of sensors for gathering data ranging from star data, to planetary surveys, to reconnaissance.  They have a small power source for either a one way trip or a two way trip.  One way trip type probes have a large computer on the inside that records the necessary data and sends it back to Crystalia Prime.  Two way trip type probes are older, and were used to test the effects of space travel on living tissue.  They are empty on the inside, and can fit a single occupant.  They also are used to shuttle single occupants between ships on occasion.  Probes can be refitted with explosives to make a weapon is necessary.

Scout

The scout is a much larger, triangular version of the probe.  It has enough room to comfortably fit two-three occupants.  These are used much more frequently to shuttle people between ships.  These were the first ships to leave the bounds of Crystalia.  They have discovered a couple neighboring systems, some are habitable, but colonization has not even been considered yet.  They are much faster than a probe.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 11:38:59 am »
Wow, it's looking great! Keep up the good work!

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 04:53:13 pm »
Death

When a Crystalion dies, they sort of "deflate".  They turn into a puddle of cells, and the crystal fibers twist and fray.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 04:57:57 pm »
reminds me of what happens to an orange.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 05:00:20 pm »
Why are you posting such graphic images of death? Really, if a young Crystalion saw that, they'd cry. (Or whatever their equivalent is.)

In all seriousness, that's a nice description. It gives me a good idea of what a plague or something would look like.