Author Topic: [AC] The Viri Isa  (Read 6718 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: [AC] The Viri Isa
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 07:06:49 pm »

The Crossroads of Viri Malikei

"The Crossroads of Viri Malikei" is a very short work written by Yuu describing the story behind the formation of the Viri Isa, and the eventual reunification of the five civilizations.

For those who are interested, the short literary piece can be found here.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 03:53:16 pm »
Could you describe the Viri An Sama in more detail, or better yet, could you draw a picture of them?  All I can gather is that it is a big sphere so far.  It might also be a good idea to have pictures of the others as well.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 09:54:09 pm »
Updated with the pictures.

As for the An Rani Nalanei, they don't have any since they're made of software. They're basically their ships.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 01:37:36 am »

Maintaining a Single Mind

Since the advent of interstellar expansion, maintaining homogeneity within the singularities has been quite a hassle for the An Zintra, An Aiueo and An Rani Nalanei. There have been times when a portion of them would be separated from the main group for over a decade. Obviously, this caused some problems, especially in the outer fringes of the civilizations.

Deciding that this cannot go on for longer, the five singularities convened in the An Aiueo capital of Oi Aiueo to devise a plan for maintaining order within the web of systems. Eventually, they settled on a single plan.

The five singularities would produce a vast, intricate grid of interstellar trade routes, and the vessels which would run on them. This would make it possible for each and every inhabited star system to send and receive updates from it's respective homeworld in the fastest and most efficient way feasible.

The plan was approved, and almost a century later, the network was finally complete. Everyone rejoiced as it allowed for exponentially faster loading times, with the farthest colony only being a year and half or so behind.

Regardless, the singularities were certain that such an arrangement could only hold on for so long. There was only so much they can do to reduce lag until they would need a faster method of transportation.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 01:39:38 am »

Warp Generators

Warp Generators are the Viri Isa's indigenous method of faster-than-light transportation. It was first invented by the An Rani Malikei, but was soon developed separately by the An Zintra.

The device works by folding space in front of the vessel it is equipped to, therefore shortening the distance required to travel from Point A to Point B. There is, however, a limit to how much space can be distorted by a lone generator, necessitating the use of multiple or larger generators for heavier loads.

For the most part, trans-stellar travel using this technology is slow and somewhat cumbersome. The speed at which one can jump from system to system can be likened to that of crossing the Atlantic during the Age of Sail. Still, it's currently the fastest method of transportation available to the singularities.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 01:57:45 am »

Trade

Trade between, and within, the singularities are mostly centered on intellectual property, art being the greatest interstellar commodity, with academics coming as a close second and technology as a close third.

Interstellar trade is usually performed using large vessels equipped with equally powerful warp generators, with the largest vessels almost reaching eight hundred meters in length.

Purchases arrive, on average, within a few months.

Intrastellar trade, on the other hand, is mostly done by relatively smaller vessels equipped with small warp generators, or none at all. These crafts usually range in size between a hundred to three hundred meters in length.

Purchases arrive, on average, within a few days using warp generators, and within a few months using traditional methods.

As for planetary trade, most of the products are sold via planetary communications networks, owing to their nonphysical nature. The few products which happen to be tangible are shipped through a network of levs, vaccum tubes, or whatever the planet may have for a transportation network.

Purchases arrive, on average, within a few milliseconds if non-tangible, and within a few hours if tangible.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 02:20:24 am »

A Plethora of Singularities

"A Plethora of Singularities" is the official introductory story of the Viri Isa. It tells the tale of the Crystalion's first encounter with Viri An Sama and the Slorv's first colony vessel's fateful cross with an An Zintra cargo craft.

For those who are interested, the story can be found here, with it's out of character topic located here.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 07:49:36 am »
I've noticed you seem to take some things of their language and terminology from Japanese.  The most obvious (to me) is An Sama, with sama being a very high honorific.  And AIUEO is the vowel order in Japanese.

Also, speaking of An Sama, it looks awesome!  They all do.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 08:17:05 am »
I see you're getting on to me! ;D

Indeed, Aiueo does come from the Japanese order of vowels. :)

Though, I have to say that An Sama doesn't actually come from the Japanese language, though that would be equally rad. But it does come from something very close. ;)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 08:22:41 am »
I was thinking it came from sama in kamisama. 

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 08:28:50 am »
Indeed it is kinda misleading.

Though, I will say that it does have a real life meaning behind it, as well as most of the other names in the thread.