Author Topic: The Raptorian Empire  (Read 4988 times)

Offline mam72

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Very simple, yet the ancestors of all life.
    • View Profile
Re: The Raptorian Empire
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 05:01:36 pm »
Yeah, it gets us nowhere.

I like converting mass... what do you think I use the silicon and iodine for?

I will update it soon enough... no time left tonight, school tomorrow.
Insert random text here:

My old sig was outdated...

...so what the gods is next?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 08:12:43 pm »
I don't mean to kill, but I want to explain something, mam.
The reason we are so harsh at times is that we are building you up to forum standards. The Photos were the first creatures I created, and I got much the same responses you have gotten. I thought I was getting picked on, but now I look back on it, and it all makes sence. We all make a "pseudo-scientific piece of crap" on our first creature. (Most, anyway.) I made the Matter/Antimatter cannon, and the resulting "neutron singularity". You made Raptorium. You edit it to make sence, and move on. So understand, we aren't trying to be mean, we're trying to mentor you. It's a warm GamingSteve welcome. You'll thank us later.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 06:14:37 am »
Now where is Yuu?

Pardon for the absence.

Anyways, pretty okay, so far.

However, you should really either replace Raptainium with a different substance or change it's characteristics a bit, like lower the force required to shape it. You can try a value that's somewhere near the point where diamond is formed.

Just my thoughts on it, but I think what the others are concerned about is the "-est" part of Raptainium's shaping requirements. You can say that it's one of the hardest, but it's usually frowned upon to say that it is the hardest.

If your original intention was to go for something like X-Men's Adamantium, lowering Raptainium's molding requirements is your best bet.

Now, other than that, I'm somewhat concerned about something...

Do the Raptorians have a vault containing samples of Volcana's flora and fauna? What are their plans for rebuilding the planet's ecosystem?

Offline mam72

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 11:23:45 am »
actually, yes, they do have a vault. it on the orbital station over the gas giant.

and I'll fix that Raptainium right away. I thought someone would have come up with something stronger... like armor against a supernova (the explosion, not the radiation)
Insert random text here:

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 02:11:20 pm »
actually, yes, they do have a vault. it on the orbital station over the gas giant.

and I'll fix that Raptainium right away. I thought someone would have come up with something stronger... like armor against a supernova (the explosion, not the radiation)
Supernovae are pretty rare, and given the technology present, I think you'd be able to detect them in advance and stay clear. In the event you don't, standard shielding and armour made of something like Titanium would be able to cope with the blast pretty well unless you're RIGHT ON TOP of the star when it goes. Only really big stars go supernova, in case you didn't know.

Offline mam72

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 06:07:33 pm »

Supernovae are pretty rare, and given the technology present, I think you'd be able to detect them in advance and stay clear. In the event you don't, standard shielding and armour made of something like Titanium would be able to cope with the blast pretty well unless you're RIGHT ON TOP of the star when it goes. Only really big stars go supernova, in case you didn't know.

and most stars that reach that stage have already become supergiants... part of the Main  Sequence. but most stars go to be white dwarfs instead of supergiants.
Insert random text here: