Author Topic: [AC]The Alpha Cluster Manifesto  (Read 18585 times)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
[AC]The Alpha Cluster Manifesto
« on: December 29, 2009, 01:39:30 pm »
Having recieved a good majority of positive feedback on this extremely, extremely rough draft of the Alpha Cluster Manifesto that I've sent to certain members for review, Yuu also proposing that I post this here for public discussion, I bring it to public eyes.

Keep in mind how extremely rough it is. I'm not sure whether the spacing makes it seem longer, thereby making it easier to read, or if the assumed length makes it more foreboding. Also, due to questions in PMs, I will now state that the Alpha Cluster would in fact be a supercluster of galaxies, starting with one galaxy, and adding a few more as needed, and as the RPs demand their creation. Also, I do not intend to exceed 20 members at any time, as I currently see the Alpha Cluster, it is only a place for those who can keep track of others' creations, and keep increasing their own creation's lore, etc, while being able to be present to continue all RPs their creations are involved in. Another tidbit, the finished rules will likely not be so long, once the Notes have been removed.

So, as an extreme rough draft which I am currently still writing(as well as re-writing some parts, as of 21:35 London/Greenwich time), is the Alpha Cluster Manifesto;

The Alpha Cluster Manifesto

The purpose of the Alpha Cluster Manifesto is to define the means by which I(Razonatair) seek to re-establish some activity within the Creation Corner.

Via rules and regulations, I hope that order can be created from chaos(what chaos there is left in the Creation Corner), but I do not attempt a "re-boot" of the Creation Corner. No, my aim is merely to ensure the continuation of Spore RP-style RPs. This doesn't entail the re-establishment of a new "Golden Age". In fact, I do not intend, or want, to create another "Golden Age" at all.

This objective entails the "shedding" of all non-quality work by the use of screening, having a new "universe", and learning from past mistakes of others like the RG, NG, and NC, etc, but having a limited number of members to be decided at a later date.

To accomplish this objective, and uphold and amend all the rules of the Alpha Cluster, as well as ensure quality and the smooth running of the Alpha Cluster, the Administration and Approval Council is to be composed of three members, myself, and two others to be selected at a later date by election by the individual Founding Creators of the Alpha Cluster.

Current Administration and Approval Council Members(The AAC)
1. Razonatair

2. To be Decided via Election

3. To be Decided via Election

Also, the Chief of History, whose job it is to organize any timelines and history files.

The Chief of History
Josasa

Honorary Titles for those who are with us from the beginning;

Founding Creators/Their Creations
1. Razonatair - The Vantry
2. UFO King - The Yerxe
3. Kenotai - The Crystalion
4. Kitkat - The Chara'Ai Crystalline Entities
5. Yuu - The Viri Isa
6.Badger Man 22 - The Hydron

Creators/Their Creations
1. Darth Grievi - The Phaaruun
2. Josasa - The Slorv
3. omegatripod - TBP
4 Gec - TBP
5. Clarke - The Kota Coalition

(((As a note, to refer to Rules, use the format of "Rule x.y.z"(ex. Rule 1.3.B), where x is the number of the category, y is the rule, and z is the optional letter to specify where to begin reading the rule.)))

1. AAC Rules(Applicable to only AAC Members)

1A&B&C. (A)AAC Members are in the AAC for as long as they remain active, or resign. (B) Active is defined as atleast one post in one month, but not for two consecutive months. (C) AAC Members can announce that they are temporary leaving on vacation or for other reasons, and appoint a temporary replacement until their return.

2A&B. (A)AAC Members must have as little bias as possible when Creator-Creator arguments occur. (B)If an AAC Member believes he will sustain a bias towards one party in an argument, he can appoint a temporary replacement until the argument is finished.

3A&B. (A)AAC Members may resign at any moment. (B) In the event of an AAC Resignation, another Election is organized to select the successor.

4A&B. (A)AAC Members vote to amend and add or substract rules by coming to a unanimous consensus, (B)except the rules in the "AAC Rules" category.

5. AAC Members function as Moderators and Police in the realm of the Alpha Cluster, to allow them to ensure the Alpha Cluster is running smoothly.

6. AAC Members vote on whether to allow a Gamingsteve Member to become a Creator in the Alpha Cluster, by reaching an unanimous consensus.

7. AAC Members ensure the quality of all creatures in the Alpha Cluster remains as top-notch as the Creator can possibly sustain, by providing assistance and ideas.

8A&B. (A)If a Creator cannot sustain top-notch quality of their creature, AAC Members first vote to Extinct it by reaching the usual unanimous consensus, and then collect the opinions of the other Creators as to whether or not the creature should be Extincted. If there exists an obvious trend towards Extinction, it will be done. (B) When Extinction occurs, the AAC creates a cover story and publicizes it.

2. General Rules(Applicable to all Creators)

1A&B. (A)The Alpha Cluster is an entirely seperate body from all previous "galaxies", and as such, (B)no previously existing creature from another "universe," with the same history as the original, is allowed to exist in it.

2. No person may create a creature in the Alpha Cluster without the permission of the AAC.

3. No Creator may take any action, or make a request, that affects or changes the Galactic(or Cluster) map, without sufficient RP reason.

4. Any sudden leaps or discoveries of very advanced technology such as RIT or instantaneous travel requires sufficient RP reason, and approval by the AAC.

5. Common Sense Rules, so generally look to the regular RP rules established by the Old Galaxy.

Guidelines for Creator Approval
1. Prospective Creator must have already demonstrated the ability to RP, and not RP like some fool, RP well.

2. Prospective Creator must present their creature to the AAC. The creature must make sense. Not exactly be realistic, just make sense.

3. The creature should also generally be original, but can be a copy of another galaxy so long as the history is wiped clean for the AC(different thread), etc, as well as diverting from the casual humanoid form whenever possible, but some exceptions to the humanoid rule can exist.

4. The creature can't look like an earth-creature. No purple bird-people. (I think I saw a UFO fly by)

5. It doesn't matter whether the creature appears cartoony or not, but some level of "good" drawing capability must exist.

6. Again to uphold the idea of the creature making sense, so to must the creature's culture and history, etc. Usually though, culture and history in detail will come later. We expect you to uphold the highest level of quality without having to force us to intervene, the AAC.

7. Minimum creature submission is as follows;
A. Creature Image
B. Creature Planet Description
C. Creature Description
- Personality, maybe some recent history, etc

8. The AAC reserves the right to refuse a Creator entry for any reason. If we all collectively(collectively being the key word) just didn't like you, that would be the end of it.

As to the humanoid creations, creatures vividly different from humans, such as the prawns from District 9, are allowed. Just no obvious humans.

Future Plans
Simple Economy Model(Supply, demand, etc)

Galaxy Map Creation(Determine number of sectors, find proper image, create grid)

Hold AAC Elections for other two spots

Theoretical - A creature in-rp-universe to serve as the RP Arm of the AAC.

Submitting A Creature(pre-Manifesto finalization)
To submit a creature, first type the first post up in something like wordpad or notepad or whatever external program you may have available, then copy it onto a PM to me(Razonatair) once you're finished, then we'll have a look and make sure everything makes sense, after which I'll send a confirmation PM, and you can go ahead and post it in the Creation Corner, if you want, or wait until the Manifesto is finalized.

This is done to keep creatures made for the AC, but eventually rejected, from appearing and cluttering up the CC.

Whew, now that's over, discussion, comments, and proposed rules(or rule changes) go after this post.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:44:30 pm by Razonatair »

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: A Proposal: The Alpha Cluster Manifesto
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 01:48:36 pm »
All those rules and regulations will just consign this to failure, as happened with the NG.  Another thing that killed the NG was the "no previous creatures" rule.  Seriously, read their rules thread to see how many people asked.  Also, BS checkers there, now AAC, will simply slow this down until it's taken off life support when people simply return to the OG/RG, as happened after a couple months of nothing happening in the NG.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:52:14 pm by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:00:17 pm »
--Broke up the notes from the Manifesto, put revised edition of Manifesto in place of old.
-Added Future Plans section

The AAC is designed to be efficient by consisting of the three(preferably most regular members) in the Alpha Cluster.

One of the major differences, which you obviously didn't notice, between the NG and the AC would be that we do not intend to allow it to grow to large proportions, with dead creatures merely piling up. The NG was also afflicted by Zoviet's sudden leaving, collapsing the entire thing. The AC also allows for less realistic creatures, as long as you can explain them being the way they are. Energy-Beings, etc, are allowed.

edit3: I'll also say that the AAC is there to help stimulate RP growth by providing ideas to Creators to kick-start new RPs, if they hit writer's block. There are only actually a few rules, since most apply only to AAC Members. Half of the rules can basically be slashed off if you're not in the AAC.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:13:13 pm by Razonatair »

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 02:44:48 pm »
You do realize of course, that at the time, Ovi, Huck, and Flisch WERE active, or at least I think they were.  Though, I think what did it in was that it took so LOOONG to get approved, ultimately killing the person that wants to get ins interest, if it wasn't already killed by them not being able to reuse their favorite creature.  I still think this will fail.  OMYL failed, NG failed, and the NC all failed.  A fervor of interest, and then barren nothing, reverting back to the comfortable, rule less OG.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 02:53:44 pm »
Aren't you ever the positive one? You forgot to mention dead.

The AAC is supposed to approve/disapprove/offer advice for changes within a day, occasionally two.

I think you've got some Anti-Razonatair sentiment in your opinion of my idea.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:01:17 pm »
The RG is not quite dead.  If only like two or three older members came back, such as myself, Josasa, Martyk or Little (in no particular order), we could have a string of decent quality RPs going, which was the idea for the NC*, which might cause more people to come back.  And we already have a couple good people, like Yuu, UFO and kitkat.  And you, of course.  If an RG RP was set up, with some quality controls, they would join.  (hopefully)

*I think this failed because Neo stopped RPing in the most recent one, killing it while it was still fragile.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 03:06:09 pm »
I think that this project is a good idea. I'm often confused by the landfills of dead creations of the OG and RG as well as the interesting yet long and confusing backstory. This provides a fresh new start with good ideas and scientific plausibility. Perhaps a good RG RP is in order as well(maybe the Core Combine War?), for we can have that and the AC at the same time, making the forum a much more exciting and interesting area of creativity.

Just do what works and discard what doesn't. And I wouldn't mind being a member of the AAC.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 03:07:45 pm »
The RG is not quite dead.  If only like two or three older members came back, such as myself, Josasa, Martyk or Little (in no particular order), we could have a string of decent quality RPs going, which was the idea for the NC*, which might cause more people to come back.  And we already have a couple good people, like Yuu, UFO and kitkat.  And you, of course.  If an RG RP was set up, with some quality controls, they would join.  (hopefully)

*I think this failed because Neo stopped RPing in the most recent one, killing it while it was still fragile.

I asked all the people you listed, besides martyk since I figured he was gone-gone, and they all expressed good reviews (save Kitkat, and you).

And yeah, Neo seems to like to stop RPs suddenly, Christmas RP as a point.

gec05

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 03:12:46 pm »
I for one will wait and see on this. Though I resent the statement that the RG is dead. I know it's hard to go back and try to put the everything into a history book, but I don't think these rules will make it any fun either. But it seems history repeats itself and people will always go back to the RG. I actually have a big story in the works for my Sombreron, so I'm definitely still supporting the RG.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 03:40:14 pm »
-consolidated parts of the Manifesto

There are hardly any rules beyond the quality control, and the no-previously-made-creature rule. Once you're in, you're basically subject to the same rules as the OG, just that it's a much, much smaller group of people so that we all know each other's creatures backgrounds and such, and know we're all competent/good RPers. Most of the rules are AAC-only.

Anyway, if you think you'll make a creature for the AC, then tell me here so that we can get a move on and get the other two AAC members elected.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 03:44:29 pm »
I'm announcing my candidacy for AAC member, specializing in scientific quality checks.

Oh, and I think I'll move the Yerxe to here. Maybe they'll become the Yerxic Star Empire or something.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 03:46:39 pm »
UFO, I see nothing talking of scientific quality checks, only it making sense.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 03:56:55 pm »
I'm announcing my candidacy for AAC member, specializing in scientific quality checks.

Oh, and I think I'll move the Yerxe to here. Maybe they'll become the Yerxic Star Empire or something.

Every member will be on the poll for AAC membership, and every member will get two votes, so technicially, everyone is a candidate unless they wish to not be.

And Kenotai is right. Energy-beings aren't scientific, but acceptable, for instance. Perhaps Kenotai is also right on the no-previous-creature. I'm thinking maybe we loosen it to being able to have the "same" creature, just not the same history, you still start fresh with one world, namely their homeworld.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 04:03:13 pm »
Hmm, I think if the same creature rule is changed to how you say, I think this has a fair chance of succeeding.

To that end, I will probably join, but I personally will make a new creature.  And I do want consideration for AAC.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 04:19:48 pm »
-Necessary changes made to the Manifesto to allow for "Clean Slate Old Creatures," as I shall call them.

I believe we're nearing the final revision of the Manifesto, but I'll give it a few days and let others say they're going to create a creature, get the creature prepared for "launch," and voice any other concerns.