Author Topic: Xynalis Mecanucus Training RP  (Read 1743 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Xynalis Mecanucus Training RP
« on: December 26, 2009, 11:25:31 am »
P.S. Oranis, Low Orbit Above Ikelis
High Chief Ga'nes walked through the hallway of the large transport to the Pod Bay. He arrived at the blast doors, and punched the code into the door acess pad. The doors slid back to reveal the massive room, where thousands of Orbital Pods lay, ready to insert troopers where shuttles would be inconcivable, or in an area where shuttles would be too cumbersome. A trooper came to him.
"High Chief Ga'nes, your pod is this way. Follow me." The trooper said. He followed the trooper to the Pod Launching Rail. He stepped into the pod, and took a seat. The restraint came down and magneticly clamped down, securing him firmly. The young recruit next to him was near to hyperventilating.
"What's wrong there?" He asked.
"It's...my first....time riding in....a pod. I'm scared..." The trooper said.
"Don't be. It isn't as bad as it looks. In fact, it can be kinda fun, if you don't think about the fact that you're getting propelled away from a ship with a Magnetic Induction field towards a solid rock. Other than that, it's not that bad." He said with a grin. The trooper passed out.
"Works every time." He said to himself with a chuckle. The pod doors shut, and there was a countdown played. At zero, there was a lurching and a grating sound, then it stoped momentarily, then there was a lurch again as the pod's engines shot them off towards the planet.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Xynalis Mechanicus Training RP
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 07:43:50 pm »
A very excited-looking Perrachi was vibrating slightly in his seat. His colorful beak was in a wide grin, and he looked at a many-tentacled creature in a robotic suit sitting next to him. Both of their seats had contorted to fit their anatomy, a feature common with nanotechnology.
"Boy, this is exciting, huh? I can't wait to get down there and see the whole base! Do you think it's nuclear-powered? It probably has a carbon nanotube base! Oh, and maybe there are robots! Cleaning robots that scoot around the floor! You know, this method of propulsion reminds me of a rail gun. There are some huge ones on the PSR's battlecruisers. Did you know that I once worked on building one? Speaking of me, my name's Yan Ru-Kom. What's yours?"
From its deflated look, the H'qur next to him was becoming depressingly annoyed.
All of a sudden, the pod doors closed and a whirring sound like an engine starting up was heard. A few troopers in the pod looked around, excited. Then the pod shot off. Although some gravity field metal placed in the pod walls helped lessen the g-forces, Yan and the other troopers were pushed back in their seats. If it wasn't for the restraints, they would be squashed against the wall. Though some troopers looked terrified, Yan had a decidedly thrilled look about him as the pod sped towards the gray, barren planet below them...
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: Xynalis Mecanucus Training RP
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 08:06:24 pm »
When the pod had landed on one of the special Orbital Pod Recievers designed to take pods from orbit without leaving a gaping crater on the ground, Ga'nes detaced his harness and stepped out onto the floor pannel. This was a big mistake, as the panel shook, then began retracting into to opening it had been exposed from. He barely maneged to retain his footing as the floor stopped shaking. Once it had stopped, he walked to the exit of the room without saying a word to anyone.
"There will be enough said later..." He murmured to himself under his breath. A message was brodcast over the intercom system:
"Attention all new Mechanicus recruits, welcome to Ikelis. Please report to the Front Room. Simply take a right from the exit of the building you are in now. Again, Welcome to Ikelis."
Ga'nes walked to his quarters and set his things down. As a High Cheif, he was usually given the honor of addressing the new recruits. He walked out of his quarters and turned left to the Front Room. This was a type of meeting hall used to greet new recruits. One of the new recruits was a young Photos by the name of Phi'kos. He heard the announcement and headed to the Front Room.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 05:34:54 pm »
Yan was shaken up by the ride, but that only served to make him even more excited. He eagerly removed his restraint and jogged down to the Front Room, pausing only to look out of the station's windows at the world of magnificent desolation outside. Several other recruits stared at him, him being unusual sight because of the majority of the recruits being Photos. Yan paid no attention and walked into the Front Room, where hundreds of recruits had gathered. Because everybody was standing up, Yan at 5 feet tall had his vision blocked by the taller Photos in front of him. In a comical move, he leaped up onto the head of a Photos standing in his way. The recruit looked annoyed, but was soon distracted along with Yan as a High Chief walked into the Front Room.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 05:52:00 pm »
Ga'nes stepped up onto the stage and adjusted the microphone to his prefrences. He looked up, ready to begin his speech.
"Welcome, all, to your new home, Ikelis. This is where you will learn everything you will need to learn to be sucessful in the Xynalis Mechanicus. Later today, you will be recieving the cybernetic implants given to all members of the Xynalis Mechanicus. Later, you will be assigned to your rooms, given time to unpack, and you will have the rest of the day off to do...well, whatever you want, as long as you don't violate any rules, most of which are simply common sence. Also, a little note, as this has been a concern for most recruits the past few years: After you recieve your eye implant, that eye will not function for about three hours.This is because your brain has does not take the implant right off the bat. As it gets used to it, you will get a fuzzy image, slowly sharpening after about, as previously stated, three hours. For some of our non-Photos recruits, it could be faster or slower. Be careful after you get the implant, as only one eye leaves you lacking in depth perception, unless you can compensate, or have more than one eye. What ever the case, we of the Xynalis Mechanicus welcome you to Ikelis. Please listen to the broadcast to learn which Implant Station to go to."
Ga'nes walked off the stage and out of the front room, towards his quarters. As he walked, he heard the female Photos make the announcement:
"All Initiates with......" He did not hear the rest as the door to his room opened silently.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 11:18:51 pm »
((Thread locked. If interest picks back up, I'll unlock. OCC is still unlocked, though, so discussion can continue.))