Author Topic: The future of Spore  (Read 15098 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: The future of Spore
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 07:27:47 am »
OK just a question to the critics that say the game can not be fixed no matter what is added to it. Have you tested Galactic Adventure yet? I have just gotten it so i can not say if it added to the game or not. But i think that is worth a shot to test it out to see if the theory is false or not. If Galactic Adventure do add something to the game then expansions can add to the core game.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 02:52:17 pm »
In this regard Galactic Adventures is even worse than a hypothetical underwater expansion (just an example) as GA only affects the Space stage and leaves the rest absolutely untouched. Creature stage is as boring as it was before and tribal and city remain unbearable. Furthermore, you don't change how the Space stage plays. It doesn't make Spice trading more interesting, terraforming less costly, completing missions less repetitive and fighting the Grox less annyoing. All it really is does is adding a subgame to the original game. You don't play a more enjoyable Spore. You just play a different game that you can only launch if you have started the Spore application.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 05:33:18 am »
Fair enough.  Like you said. It is pretty much its own stage.

I do not find terraforming that costly. But that is mainly because i save up to the terraforming tools that only use energy. Though is not much to it. Like most parts of the game. Things needs more depth. Much of the game is just repetitive bizy work. The reason to play it at lower difficulty is often just to avoid that bizy work. Especially in the Space Stage.

Even with its flaws i like the game. But much of it is due to its editors.

Btw does anyone else think that they should try to make a culture editor? Right now a culture is mainly just the creature and in some rare cases a anthem, vehicles and buildings when those are not assigned random (and that is often only the case with your own races.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 06:03:52 am »
Indeed. They really should.

Though, I'm not sure how that would go right now, since EA is concentrating on CnC4 right now.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 06:24:04 am »
pff... i would not call that concentrating. The Tiberium Saga is getting butchered beyond recognition.

Also EA is big. They can in theory (even with there bad economy) do several project. And in fact they are doing several projects. All publisher try to have several titles marketed to several categories of people. Though sometimes i wonder when i see how they try to uniform all products in to the same boring rehash of old games but with less depth to make the more "casual".
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 07:22:42 am »
pff... i would not call that concentrating. The Tiberium Saga is getting butchered beyond recognition.

Let's see...

Croissant-mandoes, crayola/gaga avatars, tiny-barreled mammoths, scorpion tanks that look like a chewtoy, defense crawlers that look like shoe boxes with four tiny wheels on them, ridiculously over-sized weapons for the box-troopers, tiberium that fall from the sky even though all the tiberium's supposed to be in the TCN, the flame lametank, the non-aerodynamic orca, and a whole lot more...

Why do I get the feeling that CnC3's models are a eons more high-tech looking, and not to mention better looking, compared to something that's supposed to be a decade or so after the third war? :-\

The game is doomed. :(

Though sometimes i wonder when i see how they try to uniform all products in to the same boring rehash of old games but with less depth to make the more "casual".

Same here. :(

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 09:02:09 am »
Say what you will about spore but at least spore tried to do something new.

CnC4 is just doing fake new. It is new for CnC but the game is clearly stealing concepts form other games and trying to market it as original. On top of that there turning the game in to a RTT rather then RTS. But i rather get Dawn of War 2 or World in Conflict then CnC 4. Both games makes more sense. (I was actually very close to getting WiC. I found it very cheap with is expansion pack. I sort of regenerate that i did not but i am not keen on RTTs. Maybe next time.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 06:23:32 pm »
Say what you will about spore but at least spore tried to do something new.

You do have a very strong point in that. :-\

All CnC4 does now is copy DoW. :(

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 03:38:31 pm »
*Wall-o'-text*
Really? I've never had any of those problems.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 03:48:24 pm »
If that is a that is a wall-o-text then you must have not seen a lot of other posts. Anyway, my only problem with Spore is that when ever I play the creature stage long enough(just messing around and junk) I get ejected back to my desktop and a message saying Spore has had a serious error and will need to be closed. We are sorry if you lost any infomation because of this(or something along those lines). Makes me want to punch stuff in the face.

You'll never know why.
<_< ¯\[ ◕O ◕]/¯ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline bad Karma

• Phoenix Fighter
  • It's not me, it's you. I'm not sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 07:43:01 pm »
*Wall-o'-text*
Really? I've never had any of those problems.
You call that a wall of text? Jesus, you have a problem. I'm quite a good reader, my speed it 400 wpm with 70% accuracy last I checked. A wall of text takes half a minute to read, longer if it's on philosophy. Anyway, if you think that's a wall of text I'm bemused and amused at the same time. A wall of text takes about a minute to read on average. You see, the average wall of text is several paragraphs long, and no spaces. Think of a four line paragraph as a brick, and there will usually be two at minimum, and probably 12. Sometimes you can get ones which are 30 bricks long, but they are usually troll posts, and are dubbed text walls of China. (Most modern walls of text are made by spambots from china, but that's a whole new story.) Anyway, if an older person in internet age does infact give a wall of text, one does not treat it as so. One must cherish every character, and relish every word, before taking each sentence and placing them individually upon a case, to remember for all time. If you do find the need to write one, you should italic, underline and bold segments, to keep the reader interested. This is not linking to TvTropes, this is doing it by hand, the old fashioned way. That way you know that the reader will either curse you for distracting them, or love that you cared enough to do this. That is what a wall of text is. That's how you play the game.