Author Topic: 'Tis The Season: Twelve Days of Vengeance RP  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
'Tis The Season: Twelve Days of Vengeance RP
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:24:43 pm »
December 16th, 9 Days To Christmas

A troupe of carolers strolled merrily (of course) along the side walk, picking up speed fractionally as they passed Elf headquarters.  Only the best of veteran carolers attempted that imposing, if jolly, structure.  Someone on an upper floor might hear (or think they hear) a wrong note, and that could end quite badly for all involved.

Behind them they left a trail of crisp footprints in the fresh snow, a perfect inch deep.  In twenty minutes or so a squad would come around and scrape it back into the hulking mobile snow machine, which would lay down another perfect inch in it's place.  Nature could hardly be trusted in something so important.  At the moment such measures were only taken in December, but a proposal was being made to extend it to all winter months.  There was even talk of clouding the atmosphere to allow snow year round.

This was the picturesque scene that would have been seen through the main doors of Elf headquarters, had said door not just been thrown open to frame an imperious figure all in black.  To be fair, it was a very neat, shiny black.  Boots shone with a bright polish and the wind tugged on the edges of his waist length cape, the high collar held with a modest gold clasp.  The only acceptance of color was a small sprig of holly tucked into the band of his top hat.

As Yule strode in, but before the door could close, an announcement played in the street.

"Running out of wrapping paper?  Try the Jolly Paper Merchant on fifth street!  Afraid you might run out next year?  Give some to yourself this year and save the hassle!  Remember folks, improperly wrapped presents can lead to peeking, so save you children the temptation and double wrap!"

Yule allowed himself a smile as he marched towards his office.  It was, as always, going to be a nice Christmas.

Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: 'Tis The Season: Twelve Days of Vengeance RP
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 07:42:37 pm »
Father Alexander stood in his church finishing up his sermon to the bible thumpers, his church was not the most beautiful one as it was of course a shanty hastily put together underground. Such a group would not be tolerated under the ever watching eyes of SANTA. There were churches on the surface but they were run in a much jollier way then Alexanders. As he finished up his sermon he snapped shut his bible and seen everyone out.

He then grabbed his cross and revolver and headed out the door and in to a sewer passage, he had business he had to finish up, after walking for a number of minutes he opened the door to a maintenance room. Inside was a man tied to a chair beaten and bloody, the wires had been pulled from the fuse box as if they had been used recently. The man still sported burn marks on his bare chest.

Alexander pulled the mans head up and pointed the revolver in his face. "Last chance, tell me what you know about the new weapon that SANTA is planning to employ this year?" He said coldly.

The man was shaking and tears flowed down his face. "I told you everything..all I know..is ..is its some kind of..cyborg..its code name is R.U.D.O.L.F" he stuttered as he spoke.

Alexander pulled back the latch on his gun causing the man to sob more profusely."May God have mercy upon your soul." Alex mumbled.

"Your a priest!..I don't understand..doesn't God forgive everybody?" The man sputtered.

"Indeed, but I'm not God" Alex replied without missing a beat as he pulled the trigger blowing the mans blood and brain matter all over the nearby wall.

Offline Zolinn

• Zork Emperor
  • In Soviet Russia, Mario Plays You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 08:13:07 pm »
Nolan wasn't very big on Christmas. As per usual, he sat inside his home in a stereotypical, clean cut neighborhood. His neighbors houses were gleaming with light. Several of their bushes and trees were covered with Christmas lights and lawn ornaments were piled around the lawns near him. Meanwhile, Nolan's equally identical yard had nothing. He had originally intended to put a headless Santa up but that was quickly wheeled away before Christmas decorations had even shown up.

He walked over to his window and stared at the neighbors across the street. They happily sat in their living rooms, a tree near their fireplace and stockings piled nearby. Meanwhile, Nolan's house was empty... aside from the occasional mouse. Nolan quickly glared across the street and headed back towards the center of his room. He flipped over a moose head on his wall, revealing a secret keypad. He quickly entered the numbers 1134 and the wall clicked. It pulled itself back, revealing a secret door into the basement.

He calmly walked down the staircase. Slowly as he progressed downwards, it seemed to change from a suburban house to a high-tech laboratory. As he stepped to the bottom floor, he was quickly greeted with bright, white lights and high tech weaponry stacked along the walls. he strolled past the weaponry, casually running his finger along them, before stumbling across the farthest table from the staircase. A large candy cane sat on the table. He smiled and casually unscrewed the top of the metal dud, revealing a large bomb inside of it. He inspected the bomb, poking at it a few times, before re-screwing the cap.

He smiled, taking the candy cane with him, and headed into a side room. After several minutes, he came out dressed in a very convincing Santa costume. He headed back up the stairs, candy cane in one hand and a bell in another. He quickly headed off towards center city, preparing to raise money for charities.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:16:40 pm »
Garland stood at the window and snorted as the caroling group passed on the street below. Taking the large log from the corner, he lights it then hefts in onto his shoulders. Pushing open his door, he steps out and is immediately surrounded by a group of singing elves. Snapping his fingers, they quiet themselves and turn towards Garland.

"Find the trainee caroler elves. Their first assignment will be to upstage those out of tune bellowers on the street. They should really know better than to time their urgh.... signing... so close to my patrol."

One of the group saluted and ran off into the compound while the rest turned back and returned their singing. As he made his way down the hall, he stopped as Yule came up.

"Everything merry this day I hope, Yule." Garland said as his moved the log a little closer to Yule to bathe him in the fire's warmth, "Anything I should be aware of as I walk the town?"
Virus Buster.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 08:30:09 pm »
Oly Smilo made his way down the street, humming a jolly tune to himself as he bounded along the sidewalk, practically skipping as he smiled beneath his red and green painted mask that had a big smile and eyes that looked happy cut out of the mask's material so that he could see and talk. Underneath this, he had on a green ski-mask of sorts, with the words 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' in red repeating over and over in the weave. His coat was also red and green, but almost haphazardly so, as it tried to create a pattern but failed miserably, often putting a streak of green in the middle of red, and vice versa. Atop his head was a stove-pipe hat(Think Abraham Lincoln's if you don't know what a stove-pipe hat is) that was also green, once again, with the words 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' in red written across the front. Normally, someone like Oly would stand out, the only problem was that everyone else seemed to also dress as 'Christmasy' as he.

As he bounded along, a great red bag slung over his shoulder clapped noisily, hinting at the oh-so-special surprise presents within that were labeled, " From SANTA, with Love. " He stopped suddenly at the boundary of a local school, and swiveled his head slightly, ever smiling, and looked at his watch. It was time to let out, and it would only be seconds before the bell to let out school tolled. He immediately changed course, and began bounding towards the school's main doors, reaching them just in time to see them swing open, hordes of rotten children marching out.

He waved, smiling, and declared, rhyming badly as always, " Presents for all of you from SANTA! Each of you gets one, trust me when I say that this is no trick, today you've won, something far greater than some boring ol' brick! Take 'em home to your parents, they're not on lent!" Almost immediately, he was swarmed by the young schoolchildren, each one trying to get their grubby, greedy fingers on their " present. "

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 08:48:21 pm »
"I shouldn't think so, Garland," Yule answered in good spirit, "Past tells me there's a twelve percent increase in dissident behavior leading up to Christmas, but none of my...  Sources have anything to say on the matter.  There used to be a problem with peeking, but your, aha," he grinned sharply, "presents have cut down on that quite well.  Should I learn anything from today's interviews, I'll be sure to tell you."

He tipped his hat to Garland and continued happily on his way.  Past was quite right on the increase, he always enjoyed how his little visits picked up over the holidays.  It just wasn't Christmas if someone wasn't asking you why they'd been arrested.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 08:59:48 pm »
Chris strode quickly down the hallway towards Past department, humming "Silver Bells" as he went.  He couldn't help but be in good spirits.  Despite being in this den of deceit and injustice, and having the threat of detection constantly looming over his head, it was still only a week until Christmas, and regardless of the circumstances, that was a reason to be jolly.

Pulling up the sleve of his white suit, he glanced down at his bright gold watch, looking up again just in time to avoid running into Yule as he rounded a corner.

"Ah, sorry about that Yule.  I'm afraid my mind is elsewhere.  Exciting time of the year, lots to do!  How are you on this fine December's morning?" he said exuberently with a wide smile on his face.  Chris really disliked Christmas Future officers, especially those like Yule.  Didn't trust them in the slightest, but he wouldn't let anyone know that.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline SerenityGrace

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 09:00:39 pm »
Today had been a jolly day, of course every day was jolly for Joy. She had done her weekly walk through of the present Christams division today to make sure that everyone cubicles were properly displaying holiday spirit. This week everything was in order, probably thanks to the caning that took place the week before. SANTA's workers were the best, and they were held to every code very strictly. The worker's miniature tree on his desk had a light bulb blown, this of course called for ten stripes with the cane as a warning. It was his first offence thus his simple punishment. Thankfully this week everything was in order, just the way Joy liked it.

Joy was on her way home, but she first had to stop at the store to get some supplies for her famous fruitcake and mistletoe cookies. The HO HO HO's party would be coming up soon and she had to make sure she was ready with the sweets. She was still in her uniform but that was a good thing because it was very festive. She had on the standard elfin green cap that rested on her picture perfect blond hair with its perfect flip. Her dress was made of fine red velvet with white fur trim on the bottom sleeves and on the plunging neckline, on her feet were the regulation thigh high black boots. She might be getting up there in age but she still kept her body in perfect condition to fill out her uniform.

Once she had gotten her supplies she went to the mall to get some more Christmas presents. She had already bought and wrapped the recommended amount of presents for her family six months ago, but she always did love the mall right before the big day. Besides more peresnets only meant more joy.
Go away now. You are boring me.

Click my frackin eggs! >:(

............. Pweese O_O

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:06 pm »
Garland couldn't help the smile Yule's comment put on his face. Punishing the naughty were almost like a present all in itself. Re-balancing his log, he makes his way outside. As he did, the singing elves increased heir volume. Looking around at the pristine beauty of the city as the Most Important Day drew ever closer, his smile just continued to grow.

"'Tis the season to be jolly..." he joined with elves with a jolly sigh.

Turning towards the Christmas Tree Farm, he decided to start his patrol with the area that should be the most quiet this time of year.
Virus Buster.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 10:16:19 pm »
Alex holstered his revolver under his robes and went up the sewer passage opposite of the path he last walked. He reached the bottom of a sewer access tunnel and waited while checking his watch, once the hands hit a specific time he climbed the ladder, pushed open the man hole and climbed out. On the surface Alexander had to tread carefully for the large wooden cross on his back attracted unwanted attention. Most of the time he was just passed off as a rambling zealot but with Christmas nearing SANTA would be on high alert.

Right on time Alexander seen a man in a Santa costume and casually walked up beside him keeping perfect pace with him as if he was there the whole time.

"Its robotic, code named R.U.D.O.L.F...Its all he knew" Alexander whispered causally to Nolan.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:58 am »
"Merry, but of course..."  Yule paused as he cycled through the people important enough to address him but not important enough for him to know personally, trying to put a name to the face.  "Mr. Noel.  Have a nice day."  As he went on he reviewed the way Noel had looked at him.  Far too Jolly.  Of curse, Yule intimidated people enough that most tried to look extra jolly when tey saw him.  Nevertheless, Noel was shuttled a few spots up his mental list of people Yule suspected of hiding something.  Nothing would probably come of it.  It was a very long list.

Stepping into his office, he shrugged off his cape and hung it and his hat up, reaching for the traditional black cloak used by agents of Future during interrogation.  It was looking to be a delightfully full day.

Offline Zolinn

• Zork Emperor
  • In Soviet Russia, Mario Plays You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 08:51:01 am »
Nolan nodded to Alex and smiled. "I'm sure we'll figure out more... just give it some time." He walked towards the mall, ringing his bell as he walked towards the other Santa's. He casually placed the candy cane near the wall. He stood a good distance away, ringing his bell along with the other Santa's as the bomb quietly ticked away. "Two minutes. I'll give the bomb two minutes" He thought to himself.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 09:06:11 am »
In the quiet tree farm a few young trouble makers were carving things into the bark of young Christmas Trees that would not be ready for several years yet. In the distance, they started to hear the sound of quickly approaching, perfectly sung Christmas Carols.

"Oh jingle bells! It's the singing elf corps. I knew this was a bad idea!" one of them cried as he dropped his knife and ran.

"The what?" the youngest of the group asked, tears already starting to form in his eyes.

"I'll explain as we go come on!" the third one panicked as he tried to pull the youngest who seemed frozen in place.

Quickly, Garland came to stand over the two children. First noticing the knives in their hands, his eyes narrowed and turned towards the trees to see the carvings.

"Naughty behavior, and so close to the big day... I hope you don't mind being away from family this year." Garland said with a cheery scowl as he took a full grip of the Yule Log.

Swinging it around, he hits the older trouble maker right in the ribs, sending him flying into a tree and knocking him out. Two elves quickly move to collect the two and take them away to one of the re-education centers. Garland Turns his attention back to the defaced trees and sets them on fire with his log to deny the troublemakers recognition for their misdeeds. Pulling out a communication device he reports the incident, and continues back towards the town proper.
Virus Buster.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 10:28:45 am »
After Nolan sat the candy cane near the wall Alexander continued keeping perfect pace beside him. "I hope you had this well planned Nolan, there are many innocent people around!" He whispered through gritted teeth. Collateral damage was not something Alexander was willing to tolerate from anybody, GRINCH or not. He adjusted his akruba hat and continued walking beside him.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 05:10:05 pm »
After Oly finished giving out the special presents to the children, he wandered off, and chucked the now empty red bag into the first random dumpster he saw. Once done, he ceased to bound along, and slowed down to a normal pace, as he quietly checked the multiple digital and mechanical watches hidden beneath his coat, each one containing a different time, many of them counting down. One digital watch counted the days, hours, minutes, and seconds to the " Most Important Day, " while another digital watch counted down the time to the Big Surprise Party, as he called the moment when the presents were set to explode. His smile grew larger, almost impossible considering how much he was already smiling, at the thought of the chaos that would ensue, as whatever fire departments SANTA, or some other organization, had would likely be overwhelmed.

His eyes traveled further down his arm to two digitals, which recorded how long it had been since he was born, and how long since he had disappeared from NOT. These, however, counted only the years, months, and days, but that was enough for Oly. Beneath, or to be more accurate, closer to this body was a strange mechanical watch he had finished the moment he had finally cracked, which was so complex and odd that he was the only one who held the secret to what time it gave. What this was, he had never revealed to anyone. Though, why someone as mad as Oly would care so greatly about time is unknown.

He found himself mindlessly wandering off to the mall to watch Nolan's handiwork unfold, finding a nice secluded spot in an alleyway so that he could lean against a wall and casually watch.