Author Topic: Dante's Inferno  (Read 13470 times)

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
Dante's Inferno
« on: December 11, 2009, 08:43:05 am »

Plot
Dante's Inferno is based on the first part of Dante's Divine Comedy. The player controls Dante, a veteran of the Crusades, who chases his beloved Beatrice and attempts to free her soul from Lucifer, who needs to wed a heaven-bound soul to break free of Hell and make another attempt to take over the Throne of God. As his pursuit takes him through the monstrous entities within the nine Circles of Hell to save Beatrice, Dante must face his own sins, his family's past and war crimes.

* Prologue
o Dante returns to his home to find his lover, Beatrice Portinari, has been murdered, and witnesses Death drag her into Hell. Giving chase, Dante steals Death's scythe and begins his journey to save Beatrice.
* The First Circle of Hell - Limbo
o Meeting the soul of the poet Virgil, Dante begins his descent into Hell, fighting demons, unbaptized babies and other tormented souls. He rides on the back of Charon, the ferryman, to reach the serpentine King Minos, the Judge of the Damned, whom he must defeat to continue his journey.
o Confirmed Bosses: Charon, King Minos.
* The Second Circle of Hell - Lust
o Reaching the second circle of Hell, Dante discovers Lucifer is personally holding Beatrice's soul, even dressing her as his hellish bride and deceiving her into thinking Dante broke his vow to her. Dante must journey to the phallic tower in the center of this circle's endless hurricane to defeat Queen Cleopatra, who rules as one of Lucifer's regents.
o Confirmed Boss: Cleopatra
* The Third Circle of Hell - Gluttony
o Having defeated both King Minos and Cleopatra, Dante journeys to the next circle, one populated by gluttonous demons, great landscapes made of living organs, storms of human waste and giant gorger worms with insatiable appetites. There he must face the "great worm", Cerberus, a mass of worm-like stomach protruding from a open maw.
o Confirmed Boss: Cerberus
* The Fourth Circle of Hell - Greed
o Defeating Cerberus, Dante enters the circle of Greed, which is mechanical in nature compared to the previous circles. Within the circle are occupants who are boiled alive in molten gold below, condemned for spending their life hoarding and or wasting riches. In this "factory of torture," Dante will be faced with the horrendous puzzles of the Wheel of Fortune which is used to deliver punishment, and come face to face against the fallen god Plutus, a living golden statue.
o Confirmed Boss: Plutus
* The Fifth Circle of Hell - Anger
o Dante continues to search for Beatrice and confronts Phlegyas, a giant, flaming demon who Dante unknowingly rode across the River Styx. Escaping the behemoth's fury, he witnesses the beast entering the City of Dis, and he must follow if he is to save Beatrice.
o Confirmed Boss: Phlegyas
* The Sixth Circle of Hell - Heresy
o Upon entrance into Hell's capital, the burning City of Dis, Dante descends into the lair of the Heretics who are trapped in flaming tombs and nailed to inverted burning crosses. The Dark Priests, necromancers and conjurers are free to worship the "Fallen One" and guard this circle. The souls of the ancient followers (Ex. Abraham) are trapped here as well, waiting the arrival of "The One" and their redemption. Dante also encounters a former Crusader friend who died because of him.
o Confirmed Boss: Unknown At This Time
* The Seventh Circle of Hell - Violence
o Dante enters the seventh circle of Hell and must traverse a river of boiling blood, the Wood of Suicides and a desert of buring sand.
* The Eighth Circle of Hell - Fraud
* The Ninth Circle of Hell - Treachery
o Having journeyed through all of Hell, confronted his past and atoned for his sins, Dante must now face Lucifer in his true form: a giant, three-headed demon. Only by defeating the Prince of Darkness himself can Dante save Beatrice, and his own soul.
o Confirmed Boss: Lucifer

You basically fight your way through the nine circles of hell to get to Beatrice. Dante the character you are playing is not in any way like the one in the book though, The devs says that if they would've used the Dante from the book, the game would suck.

Weapons

Deaths Scythe: Dante's primary weapon is a scythe, which he steals from Death itself. So far it has been confirmed that the scythe can be in 3 sorts of modes. Normal, Spear and then a sword version. The scythe can be upgraded.

Holy Cross: The holy cross which is given to him by Beatrice before her death. It fires a burst of light that push away anything in its path. I don't know how effective the cross is. But I've heard that it is meant to push back enemies.

[No image yet]
Magic: Not much information has been said about this. All i know is that it is different from the cross. I will update when i know more.

Punish or Absolve
This is basically how you upgrade you equipment. Throughout hell are several "Shades" which you can interact with. Shades are the people who go to hell for making poor choices in life. They are bound for eternal pain and suffering. So with theese Shades you can either Punish them or Absolve them. If you punish them you kill them with your scythe, and so the scythe grows stronger. But if you absolve them you send them to Purgatory (or heaven i don't really know). And thus your cross becomes more powerful.

Trailers

E3 Trailer
E3

Nine Circles Trailer
Nine Circles

Gameplay Trailer
Gameplay

Story Trailer *NEW*
Story

Gameplay Video *OLD*
Old Gameplay

Pictures and Concept Art

Dante

King Minos (Limbo)

Cleopatra (Lust)

Cerberus (Gluttony)

Limbo Concept art 1

Limbo Concept art 2

Heresy Concept art

Phlegyas (Anger)

Some of the Shades you can find in the game

Platforms

Xbox 360
Ps3
PsP

Release Date

NA February 9, 2010
EU February 12, 2010

Demo
Late December.

*Note*
This thread is mostly not made by me, I liked the lay-out and I'm a lazy bastard. I take no credit for this thread.

So, any thoughts? It kind of looks like a GoW clone more or less, although I'm fairly interested in the story.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:26:04 am by Eagle »

I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
Re: Dant's Inferno
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:10:00 am »
Those monster's (save Cerebus) are pathetic. Not very excited for this.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:13:00 am by Snork »
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Dante's Inferno
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:58:16 pm »
that is the most twisted interpretation of Cerberus ever.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 05:32:08 pm »
Dear god that Cerberus is scary/ugly as hell.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 05:41:54 pm »
Cerberus looks so awesome!

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 04:30:50 am »
Cerberus was supposed to look like somebody intestines puked out. A job well done I suppose.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 06:38:17 am »
This I will probably buy.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 03:20:42 pm »
Played this weekend, finished the game in two days. It was awesome. The scenery is amazing, the story was good and the final boss battle wasn't too hard and the ending video was rewarding. If you have a few days to play, rent it and play it!

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 03:26:40 pm »
I hate this game it has the most annoying checkpoint system, the puzzles are usually plain annoying because of the camera just deciding to randomly teleport and you can't turn on the damn subtitles when you've started a game who in godsname invented that?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 03:36:27 pm »
wow, we had different experiences. I loved this game, I haven't been drawn into a single player game like this in a long time. The puzzles weren't too bad though one I just couldn't do. I unlocked a bunch of stuff at the end including a new costume for Dante.

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 06:00:50 pm »
I like playing on the hardest difficulties available.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 09:07:09 am »
I couldn't play it, I can play the most gruesome nasty games out there, but shortly after I came across the unbaptized babies I stopped playing. It was a bit to much for me.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 09:24:11 am »
I have this game but I can't play it. It's like it's locked away in a safe and I don't have the combination for it.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 10:14:26 am »
I have this game but I can't play it. It's like it's locked away in a safe and I don't have the combination for it.
Um. What? How so?

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 02:47:12 pm »

Parental controls on his 360.

Ha  :D