Poll

What should you do?

Continue talking to Nicholas / Wait for the ambulance to slow to escape
Leap out now
Try to hijack the ambulance
Other (Post)

Author Topic: Containment Leak -- A poll game  (Read 20386 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2010, 05:08:30 pm »
Refuse; removing the parasite at this point will either kill us or leave us as a vegetable on life support forever.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Guilmon

  • Donkey Kong King
  • *****
  • Posts: 1048
  • Level 40: I got TENTACLES!
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2010, 04:42:22 pm »
What would "other" be? Bargain? Create your own offer to confuse him? Ask him out to lunch? Eat him?  Ask him out to lunch and then eat him? ???
Awesomeness runs strong in the Greivi bloodline.

Offline Gnoll

  • Track and Field Jock
  • *****
  • Posts: 2471
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2010, 04:52:05 pm »
Refuse to remove the parasite! Let us control the parasite and become something greater!
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Gungnir

  • SunDog Pilot
  • *****
  • Posts: 3355
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2010, 07:02:51 pm »
Refuse!
Attempt communication with the parasite, maybe on an emotional/gut feeling level. Something like 'personal safety' yields 'parasite has food.' Basically try to make it want to keep you alive.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2010, 02:42:22 pm »
@Gunghir: I'll keep your suggestion in mind for when we have some down time.

You refuse Newell's offer, citing that it didn't seem to be necessary to remove the parasite. You'd had it in you for nearly two weeks, and despite it likely compromising the vast majority of your internal organs, you were showing no signs that anything was wrong. Besides that, there was still no guarantee that the organism could be removed without endangering both you and anyone preforming the operation.

Dr. Newell stares at you in silence for several moments before clearing his throat and nervously straightening his lab coat. He tries pressuring you further, warning that neurological symptoms would be next, including, he states pointedly, irrational desires to preserve the organism. You stand by your decision, though.

"Well, if you feel that way, I suppose we'll just have to stay here…" he says, hesitantly turning to face the door and straightening his coat again. Just when you think he'd given up on the effort, however, he suddenly whirls back around, something gripped tightly in his hand, teeth bared in a look of either determined fierceness or sheer terror. Before you can comprehend what is happening, he lunges at you, and you feel something sharp stab into your upper arm. Reflexively, you shove Newell away, sending him stumbling backwards across the room. He trips and falls, hitting his head against a nearby cabinet with a disturbingly loud thud. You take your eyes off the scientist, laying dazed on the floor, for a brief instant to glance at what he'd stabbed you with. You find a small syringe embedded in your bicep, already drained of its contents, and even as you carefully remove it, you begin to feel the drug's effect on you. Starting to feel your balance slipping away, you do your best to set yourself gently down on the floor as you wait for the effects to pass.

As the minutes, perhaps hours pass, you grow increasingly tired and find it impossible to move even your eyes. Your breathing slows, and it quickly becomes a fight to take in enough oxygen to remain conscious. You think you see Newell get up out of the side of your vision, followed some time later by your view shifting as you are picked up and presumably placed on a stretcher, then a period of blankness…

You regain your senses laying flat on your back on a padded surface, your entire body throbbing and aching. Wherever you are, it is almost completely silent, save for the faint, mechanical drone of an engine somewhere nearby. Occasionally, things would move and shift slightly, and with this information, you piece together that you are probably in some sort of vehicle, heading to an unknown destination.

Offline Gungnir

  • SunDog Pilot
  • *****
  • Posts: 3355
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2010, 04:41:49 pm »
Need moar readers/voters! The fate of the parasite and host depend upon you!

Offline Guilmon

  • Donkey Kong King
  • *****
  • Posts: 1048
  • Level 40: I got TENTACLES!
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2010, 09:31:47 pm »
Tie. Again. Wonderful.
Awesomeness runs strong in the Greivi bloodline.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2010, 07:19:54 am »
Brilliant, Guilmon

*Pokes*

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2010, 01:47:08 pm »
Maybe we stay still doing nothing while looking around, without opening our eyes, yea...
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2010, 08:15:00 pm »
We likely have to get out of here fast. White-coated people poking sharp, pointy things into us is not good for our health.

And theirs if you factor in the parasite going out of control...
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Gungnir

  • SunDog Pilot
  • *****
  • Posts: 3355
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2010, 09:14:18 pm »
The tie! It is broken!

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2010, 07:29:03 am »
Go Go Go GO!

Locking the poll now, update late today.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2010, 10:18:10 am »
Worried and curious as to where you are, you open your eyes. At first, your vision is uselessly blurred and unfocused, but with some effort you manage to get a clear picture. You roll your head to the side, fighting off the sudden wave of nausea the motion brought with it, and see that you are strapped to a gurney inside of an ambulance. Beside you is a stand, a bag of clear fluid hanging from it, but you couldn't see where the IV line went. With a quick glance down to your arm, you find that, despite the medication being ready, it hadn't bee hooked up to you yet. That, or someone had taken it out.

You look slowly about the interior of the ambulance for anyone else, moving carefully to prevent another wave of sickness, but find the room to be empty. Once you feel well enough to manage it, you sit up on the stretcher, pausing for a moment as the brief period of dizziness passes. You give the room another look over, checking behind you, but, again, you find that you are alone. With a sigh, you sit still and wait for the effects of whatever Newell had drugged you with to wear off.

As you listen to the sounds of the ambulance's engine running, you notice something odd. Though it made no sense, you could have sworn you heard an all too familiar wheezing cough somewhere nearby. The more you listen for it, the easier you could pin down where it was coming from. You look towards the source, behind you and to the left, but still see no one standing there. Completely confused, you continue to stare at the empty space where the sounds were emanating from, almost willing for Nicholas to appear. You blink once, then twice, and you think you catch a glimpse of his dark form, but it's gone before you can make it out.

Closing your eyes, you say quietly, "Nicholas, I know you're there. Stop messing with my head, please…"

You hear a sigh and a resigned "damn…"  You open your eyes to find Nicholas sitting on one of the ambulance's bench seats, slouched forward slightly with his hands in his lap. He's still wearing those sunglasses, but had left the breath mask behind. He looks at you with an expression somewhere between concerned and exasperated.

"I'm not stalking you," he rasps softly, "if that's what you're thinking. And I didn--" he paused here as he fought off a brief spasm on the left side of his face. "I didn't come here to save you. This just made a really convenient getaway car."

"Then why did you--" you begin, thinking he was the one who had taken the IV out, allowing you to even be awake and talking in the first place.

"Because I'm not that much of a callous bastard," he cuts in.

Offline Zarkatus

  • Atari Combat Vet
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2011, 02:24:57 pm »
Hey is this still going? It looks interesting.

Offline Cyst

  • Space Harrier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4092
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Containment Leak -- A poll game
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2011, 02:28:16 pm »
I don't think it is. Also necrobumping is generally frowned upon.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.