Author Topic: Monster Hunter Tri  (Read 13826 times)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
Re: Monster Hunter Tri
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 05:25:59 pm »
Well, if just after midnight is your problem I think we could probably play, just making it clear for... Cobra. Really I'm good to deviate about six hours backwards >_>

Ah right, I said twelve since I can't really speak for Yossi, who's still stuck then.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:31:24 am by Kratok »

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2010, 04:31:25 pm »
My god I am getting this first thing after I finish my last exam.

Then I can actually have a use for my wii.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 05:18:04 am »
Switchaaaaaaaaaaxe.

But all my armour is gunner armour and I upgraded my bowgun already :/
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 05:52:51 am »
I just can't get into this game it just hasn't hooked me.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 12:31:10 am »
Getting back into the single player a bit, it really is a lot easier than the multiplayer equivalents. Where it takes Kratok and I over 40 minutes to beat down a Lagiacrus to the point where we can capture it, I can take down to death the same thing in single in about 20 minutes, with the same weapon and armor.
Virus Buster.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 03:44:59 pm »
so here's my breakdown to success

play singleplayer till you can acquire barroth armor(for melee)
gem it to negate the -expertise
farm one of the dragon element weapons (the ones requiring jumbo pearls)
go online
team up with three competent players (rare to find them -.-)
get 2 star quests
farm rathian
??
profit

online is only hard if you don't go for a full team, with four of us as melee users properly set up we can usually down a rathian in 10 minutes tops

although I do prefer having a gunner since a sleep shot+all of us doing double large barrel bomb+ to their faces will basically insta-win

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2010, 12:34:12 pm »
I disagree, I feel single player and online should be separated completely. Nothing worse then looking for other HR1s and finding them fully equipped in Lagis armor and weapons who one shots anything you can fight for the next 8 hours.

I generally only hunt online with Serenity because its so dang hard to find teammates for an appropriate power level.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »
anybody still playing? I'm HR 30ish havent checked in awhile

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 09:33:03 pm »
Strange coincidence. I just got a LAN adapter so I could stick around online reliably. Got that all set up decently I think.
Played some rounds with Kratok but in the end, he was the one getting disconnected more than me. It was kind of surprising given what I had just experienced without the adapter.
My god, so frustrating.

I'm HR4 with jaggi gear and some.. chieftain's great sword thing. I'll get my HR up a ways as I pop in now and again and let you know.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 09:44:05 pm »
I'd be more than happy to help, last I checked i'm just grinding till I get the next urgent quest

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 09:57:27 pm »
Not sure if you can friend me while I'm offline, but try to look up my character, Gauph. I can't remember my code.. let's see.
There, found in chat logs. 98XBGP

Pretty good connection, aside from sync issues, but we've had those since Monster Hunter 1. _

EDIT: Oh yeah. So I'm not playing currently. I take breaks all the time, so I might just be done for the day at this point.
I'll be around though.
Want dat powah.

EDIT2: And the word censor is retarded. I can't say "after".
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:24:53 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 04:26:42 pm »
EDIT2: And the word censor is retarded. I can't say "after".

That's everyone's gripe, but from what I've heard the word is apparently profane in another language... German I think? Not entirely sure but there's also some odd cases..

Framerate, admin, and administrator are blocked but douchebag, retarded and puto (yes it's a slang term but seriously, how does one get away with that?) aren't... Whomever came up with the censorship system were high off their ass. What makes it more funny is that even before you make it online it mentions that server updates are constant.. it's been out for this long and they haven't taken notice to this? BS.

Also for your sake Gauph I suggest you stay off for a few days till this Jhen Mohran event dies off. The server has been acting nuts, randomly kicking people left and right, just an hour ago I was in the middle of a Lagiacrus quest and the next thing you know my partners got kicked. I soon followed suit with the connection error.. so yeah, offline play would be a good idea.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 04:34:07 pm »
ahh the low level jhen mohran.

why they would allow low rank players to fight the final boss of the low tier at around hr 10 confounds me.

I have issues fighting him in my full lagiacrus gear, not to mention randoms are terrible at not dying >.>

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 04:49:44 pm »
Guess they wanted to give everyone a fair chance at taking him on... though that sounds like a great recipe for rage quits (which I've seen plenty of each time this sandstorm shows up..

I usually go Los, simply because of my critical eye+ 3 and fencing (really comes in handy). Haven't given Lagi a try though, speaking of which I need to make the high rank version of that.

not to mention randoms are terrible at not dying >.>

Depends on where you go and who you're with, I usually have a few trust worthy buds and at least one random guy take it on. Provided they've actually fought one before. Failures with Jhen and Jhen+ have been rare these days, I can only relate to a degree. Had the same guy die twice during the HIGH high rank "Double Trouble" mission, and almost died myself since the other two were screwing around with their eggs and no providing back up. I mean sure I can solo los+ easily but with BOTH him and his bitchy girlfriend tag teaming it was proving difficult to gain the upper hand.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 04:58:59 pm »
Yeah, we tried the fight a couple times. I tried later on with a couple other crews, some of whom were happy to help me learn the procedure of that particular battle.
There were no successes however. We all simply absorbed too much damage, though I rarely was the one dying. The expert guy died a lot due to ramming, and then we'd have some other dingus who wasn't given instructions getting nailed by bombs.

And uh, am I the only one who brings with me a stack of potions and mega potions? It feels like everybody is all grabby for the first aid meds in certain quests, and if the fight doesn't go so well, you can really tell they've run out of healing items.
Pretty silly, but I still have very little complaint about the online besides the lag. Very few disconnects for me, but still some for others.

Well.. I guess if I did have to make a complaint about the online is that their community system (friends and stuff) is years behind the times.
Oh well. I still have my fun. Met a few cool dudes already that are in my friend roster.. none of whom I've managed to snag to play with a second time. Meh.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom