Author Topic: Monster Hunter Tri  (Read 13837 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Tri
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 04:46:39 am »
I..couldn't resist..just hope I don't regret it later. Grabbed a Wii from rent a center and bough Tri.

I think I'm in love.....

Renting a Wii for the game actually sounds like a good idea.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 07:30:46 am »
sure, why doesnt everyone in america buy several butloads of this game

any crazy european people who want this? >.>

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 07:38:44 am »
I'm thinking of getting this but I may just wait until after I played some more of Just Cause 2.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 04:04:30 am »
Yeah I know double post. I caved and got this game and I have no idea what I'm doing I spent an hour killing Jaggi. How do I convert the kills into resources to complete the quest I'm getting plenty of scales and stuff off them but how do I actually put them to the quest?

Edit: Also I was told in the tutorial I can regain health from from the blue mushrooms and honey I have gathered how in the heck do I do that? I'm trying to click on the items in my inv all I seem to be able to is reorder everything. The only thing I worked out how to eat was the meat I gathered after I cooked it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:35:48 am by Cobra »

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 04:00:11 pm »
You can only convert kills in to resources from free roaming on the forest, not quests. Talk to the guy standing on the crate in the village and pick hunt report and he will convert your kills in to resources.

You can combine blue mushrooms and herbs to create potions, and combine honey and potions to make mega potions. By itself the blue mushroom does not regain health, but the potions do.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 06:54:36 pm »
Ah so I need to find some herbs 1st before I can make potions well that makes some more sense. Thanks Gorman I got the resource conversion working so everything can move forward now. Expect further noob questions from me though.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 09:53:09 pm »
Argh!
Gotta wait until after exams before I can get this. :<
I want to huntzor monsters.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 12:01:16 am »
Now I'm trying to find a torch so I can go into the cave to do ore mining. I see a white butterfly near the entrance but it won't let me interact with it.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 01:25:54 am »
Butterflies seem to indicate insects which you need a bug net to capture.

Also, which weapons have you guys been trying out? I'm getting pretty good with the lance and the hammer. Using one after using the other for a while is pretty disorienting since they are vastly different weapons.
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 02:12:46 am »
Now I'm trying to find a torch so I can go into the cave to do ore mining. I see a white butterfly near the entrance but it won't let me interact with it.

its a torch to the left of the entrance, right there at the gate

you dont really need it though, you can still see in the caves

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 08:04:59 am »
My TV is somewhat dark so I actually have to use the torch. Its to the left of where you enter the forest.

I'm a long time vet of the series and I have always been a fan of gunbows. But in unite I took a liking to the gun lance. In this one I quite like the switch axe because its vials are almost like the wyvern fire on the gun lance.
(Sorry if this post ends up botched, I'm posting it from the Wii)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 08:42:38 am »
im really loving the bowgun, its the closest thing to a spellcaster you'll get

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 10:25:22 pm »
Ah so I need to find some herbs 1st before I can make potions well that makes some more sense. Thanks Gorman I got the resource conversion working so everything can move forward now. Expect further noob questions from me though.
I'm just kind of guessing from your earlier statement, but to get into a quest you have to talk to the Guild Quest Gal in the left side of the village above the vendor. After you have the quest go directly left onto the dock to begin your quest.

Also since were talking about weapons, I'm just using the GS (HA HA HA HA) right now since it's what I'm mostly used to, though back in MHU I also used the gunlance. Then I would have taken twin swords but they were gone too. Also hating on how they removed the normal farm and stuff.

I hope the DSL's have some of this stuff, why did they remove such good elements  :-\.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:28:42 pm by Kratok »

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 08:30:08 am »
Okay, double posting just to bump this for a moment, but for a multiplayer game we aren't doing much about it. Can anyone here set for a good time they can usually play?
Me and Yossi have been able to play quite a few times at 12 midnight so far, every other day or so.  Both HR3, having problems with the R.Ludroth, probably for stupid reasons.
Anyone else able to play at a time like that? Ehhh... 14 and a half hours later than at this post.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 05:06:46 pm »
Unfortunately I cant play midnight games with you guys, I'm working some flea markets May and June so I'm usually in bed before midnight. But ill post my code later (when i get on and see what it is) and maybe I can play with you sometime.

I think I'm HR 16.