Author Topic: Monster Hunter Tri  (Read 13669 times)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Tri
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 05:13:51 pm »
the first aids are a cheap and easy heal thats not going to set you back a few cash but you should be bringing all your own supplies since when you get to high rank you don't receive anymore items until after a set time of the quest has gone by

My only 2 complaints are that when bad people take the shock traps for capture quests and do them at the wrong time and you just happen to have forgotten yours and all the people that knock you over with moves they shouldn't really use (like the rising cut on switch axe and great sword)

I only disconnected once and that's because my connection was pretty bad at the time

you should consider getting a lagiacrus set ultramarine, I don't know how I ever did water fights without olympic swimmer or having my elemental heavy weapons get insane boosts from the ele attack up. The Los and Lagi sets also compliment nicely if your doing land fights or water fights, I usually swap them around (So tempting to do a 5 minute rathian with lagi armor but getting 2 shotted from fireballs isn't fun)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 05:18:46 pm »
I've been building up to the lagiacrus set myself. Looks pretty cool. I've been using the jaggi set this entire time, not even fully upgraded.
Probably should handle that since I can't really take rathalos very well.. or barioth.
Oh my god that god damned barioth moves so freaking fast aaaaghsghls
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 07:33:59 pm »
barioth isnt that hard, just got to be quick on snapping his claws then he comically slides around and lets you beat his face in

lagiacrus armor+wyvern blade fire helps a ton too

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 09:23:18 pm »
barioth has trouble hitting you if you stay really close to him actualy, somewhere behind his arms is best
also, every time after an attack he repostitions himself either once or twice, cant remember. but following that patern is a nice way to like, time your attacks

just prepare with some nice stamina items so it doesnt run out as fast and you should be fine

oh and use some traps and bomb his face to cut the battle in half

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 09:52:03 pm »

My only 2 complaints are that when bad people take the shock traps for capture quests and do them at the wrong time and you just happen to have forgotten yours and all the people that knock you over with moves they shouldn't really use (like the rising cut on switch axe and great sword)

Oh my god, THIS. Yes. Thank you. For the most part though I always bring a pit fall and shock just in case, because there's always some idiot who gets killed twice and I have to resort to a capture. During capture quests though, we usually rape the monster enough to use the trap and tranqs then and there.. depends on the team though. When I'm helping noobs I usually dumb down my weapons so they just don't leech from me and not learn a damn thing out of the experience. Granted, the upswings have been rare; I tend to keep my distance. And when I use the upswing I do my best to keep out of the way of other hunters but still attacking a vital part of the monster.. but I never go switch axe unless I really have to (and considering how annoying of a weapon it can be, rarely is an understatement.)

you should consider getting a lagiacrus set ultramarine, I don't know how I ever did water fights without olympic swimmer or having my elemental heavy weapons get insane boosts from the ele attack up. The Los and Lagi sets also compliment nicely if your doing land fights or water fights, I usually swap them around (So tempting to do a 5 minute rathian with lagi armor but getting 2 shotted from fireballs isn't fun)

Investing in that set as we speak actually, I LOVE the skills you get from Lagi, and to make it perfect all I need is fire res +10 and something else that stacks well (so far I have just a fire res +10 and clust attk + 3 v.v or something along those lines). For the most part though, aside from Olympic swimmer, I'm mostly looking forward to awaken. I'm still pretty attached to my current set though: Dober Helm, Bna+ Chest, Dober vambraces, Bna+ waist and legs. I had to BS some of my skills in but luckily got my hands on a crit draw + 7 talisman which helped me complete my set; skills consist of: Crit Draw, Marathon Runner, Status Attack up, Razor Sharp, Dragon Resistance +10 and Fishing Expert <--- the last being a fluke since it was part of my talisman. I was hoping for Crit draw and stam +4 but so far I have no such luck :L otherwise I'd gem it out for dragon defense. Despite the -19 to fire it's rather versatile of a set, even for Alatreon. His dragon punch does basically 1/18 damage to my overall health =D

But yeah, it all depends on your stats and evasion skills, because I've managed to take out a thian + solo with that set and a GS and took barely any damage till the jho decided to troll.

barioth has trouble hitting you if you stay really close to him actualy, somewhere behind his arms is best
also, every time after an attack he repostitions himself either once or twice, cant remember. but following that patern is a nice way to like, time your attacks

just prepare with some nice stamina items so it doesnt run out as fast and you should be fine

oh and use some traps and bomb his face to cut the battle in half

Very true, but Barioth is EXTREMELY temperamental so that strategy won't always work. He's basically the Nargacuga on steroids when it comes to speed. On the brightside though, his fits of rage don't last long and the fact that he has to quarter turn each time to attempt an attack makes dodging him a easy if timed correctly. Oh and I also advocate the use of bombs, you can never have enough when it comes to Bari.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 01:48:16 pm »
nargacuga....I hated him on the psp

even more than double high rank tigrex

edit: appears we both need to be on to add friends.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:00:50 am by Kaizer »