Author Topic: [EY] The Extended Yuuniverse  (Read 17698 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The Extended Yuuniverse [EY]
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 01:46:57 am »

The Crystallines

The Crystallines are the beings that are composed of crystallized substances. They are predominantly made from alloys of Omnium. Their advantage compared to others is their ability to perform programming more easily, due to their partial Omnium composition. Without using programs, however, they have the most limited range of movement of all.

Pictured: A Zarabas.

A good of example of Crystalline beings are the Zarabas, capable of feats similar to the Atheim, though on an extremely lower scale.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 01:51:33 am by Yuu »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 01:47:44 am »

The Soft Ones

The Soft Ones are the most common form of lifeforms in the dominion. Though, considered by people outside the dominion as "bio-mechanicals," they are as organic as a dominion citizen can get. Even though they can be considered as the weakest, hence "softest," of all the branches, they have an edge when it comes to their ability to flourish in environments where purely mechanical beings cannot, especially in places with massive electromagnetic or psychic interference.

A relatively well known example of their kind are the Orealyians, predecessors of the Orealyianis.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 01:49:08 am »

The Energies

The Energies are beings that have no true physical form. They can be most likened to artificial intelligence or sentient networks of electromagnetism. Their lack of a true physical body is balanced by their minor telekinetic abilities and the fact that they can transfer their minds to anything with the slightest sign of having an electric circuit.

The best, and most prominent of their kind, are the Theramixians. Not to be confused with the Terran-Ixians, the Theramixians work with the Atheim in maintaining the stability of each and every inhabited star system in the entire dominion.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 10:37:17 am »
Wow, this is pretty detailed. Do these guys inhabit an entire parallel universe?
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 06:37:57 pm »
They inhabit the same universe as the RG, but are somewhere on the other side of the big bang.

Come to think of it, the NG is actually much farther away, since it's in an entirely different universe.

Interesting...

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 09:29:50 pm »

The Prismatic Palace

Pictured: Left: Prismatic Palace with static spires. Right: Prismatic Palace with rotating spires.

The Prismatic Palace, the dominion's capital city and crowning glory of architecture. It is where the Universal Administrators, and later the Atheim, hold their millennial meetings and is also the original place where the Spores first landed.

Pictured: Prismatic Palace main gate. Several Universal Administrators and Luminary Vessels can be seen.

Other than being the center of government and monolithic symbol of art, it also serves another very special purpose. It's top spires always point to the direction of the Administrators' place of origin, a universe far, far away.

Pictured: Prismatic Palace main hall. Several Atheim can be seen here conducting a meeting.

Designed by Zephiriadne and constructed by the combined efforts of everyone in the dominion, including himself, it is, up to this day, the largest structure ever built in the entire dominion, reaching an incredible height of almost five-hundred thousand light years.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 10:16:59 pm »

The Main Galaxy

Pictured: Scale model of the Main Galaxy, the capital galaxy of the entire dominion. The Prismatic Palace can be seen at the center, acting as a stabilizer for the entire structure.

The Main Galaxy, the dominion's capital galaxy and center of civilization. Constructed from the primordial mist that was the aftermath of the great expansion of the universe, the Main Galaxy has become a lush paradise filled with all sorts of life.

When the Administrators first arrived, the collection of mass that would later become the Main Galaxy was merely a large expanse of gas, with small generation one stars being the only sizable objects present. The Administrators soon put themselves to work, bringing the clouds of gas closer to each other until a large number of them collapsed into stars. They then rounded up these stars and turned them into multiple, separate galaxies. And finally, with the completion of the Prismatic Palace, the once separate galaxies were realigned to form the Main Galaxy's many life-sustaining arms.

After the structure was complete, the Administrators then began spreading life across it's many stars.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 10:45:47 pm »
Oh holy hell. That has got to be the biggest artificial structure ever made. I mean, it's like a thousand light years across! And the galaxy reminds me of the Sombrero Galaxy, but on steroids.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 11:36:49 pm »
Thanks! :)

Though, I'm sure there are some artificial structures in other literature which are much, much bigger. :)

Also, thanks for pointing out the similarity to the Sombrero. :D Didn't notice it while I was making the pic. :)

Hey, UFO, you think Kitkat can remake the galaxy in PS? I'm really not sure how he makes galaxies in that program, but I bet it will still look more photo-realistic since all the galaxies I make in PP end up being a bit too crisp. :-\

Anyways, the excrement is about to hit the fan with-

The Corruption of Lord Bathariadne

After finishing their work and delegating it to the care of the Atheim, the Administrators finally began formulating the massive program that would open a gateway to their next destination. However, all was not well within the order of Administrators...

One particular person was simply not quite content with the way things had gone. That person originally concieved to occupy not just the dominion, but also the realms that were originally not meant for them to rule. He wanted to lead the entire universe.

The one who pursued this dream in his heart was none other, than Lord Bathariadne.

Pictured: Negative Bathariadne minimized.

Filled with discontent, he was, over the course of several million years, slowly corrupted from within, though few, if any, were able to notice this through his bright, outer shell of an appearance. Eventually, he started to question in his mind the methods of the one who sent them. Dark thoughts eventually settled into his mind, leading him to think that he, the greatest Administrator of all, would be more fit for the task of leading not just the dominion, but also the others like it which were established all across the multiverse.

Calculating the numbers that would soon come into play, once he put his plan into motion, he smiled a little inside, knowing that everything was going to be in his favor.

The entire dominion will soon know the wrath of Bathariadne, and civilization's descent into chaos was soon about to begin.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 11:40:38 pm »
Ah, great. The rise and fall of the Roman Empire all over again.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 11:59:52 pm »
Later on I'll cover Roman Balkanization 2.0.

Oh, and I found a similar galaxy like the one here while browsing Wikipedia.

Man, I wish I could go there.

The Fall of the Atheim

And so, Bathariadne kept on his charade until his preparations for war were complete. Through Lord Luntentheim, the Leader of the Atheim, did Bathariadne make his first maneuvers. Knowing that the two of them had very similar natures, he saw it fit to reveal to him his plans before confiding it with anyone else.

Soon enough, the two usurpers, along with many other Atheim, gathered the necessary numbers to overthrow the current order. The only thing left to do was wait for the opportune moment, wherein they will strike unexpected, without any hint of mercy...

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:52:50 am by Yuu »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 12:51:40 am »

The Great Rebellion

And so, the opportune moment finally came and Bathariadne, along with his fellow usurpers discarded their light-giving forms and revealed the true contents of their souls. Their bodies which once illuminated the stars and planets were transformed into shadowy figures of their former selves, absorbing any hint of light which dared cross their path. The only light which they continued giving off was a faint yellowish glow, reminiscent of the corrupted Omnium shards which were now flowing through their systems.

With the challengers revealing their true form, the Great Rebellion had officially begun.

The first strike was by Bathariadne against Kora, who, despite of his best efforts, was instantly destroyed by the evil Administrator in a single mighty blow. Everyone from both sides followed suit, and the entire dominion was plunged into an age of turmoil.

Due to the danger posed by the corrupted beings, the Administrators ordered their creations to escape to other parts of the universe, as with the case of the Asemi of Lord Sporda. Others, however, begged to stay, and fight against the evil menace alongside the Universal Administrators.

After eons upon eons of brutal warfare, the two sides exhausted their abilities to the point of utter collapse. All that seemed to remain were the now fallen Atheim and the usurper Bathariadne. There seemed to be no trace left of other Universal Administrators, or of the very few Atheim who never succumbed to the darkness. All hope was seemingly lost.

Fortunately, all was not what it seemed. There was, as a matter of fact, one last shred of hope to those who trusted in the power of Illumination.

Just as Bathariadne was finally about to crown himself King of the entire Universe, a lone Universal Administrator revealed himself in amidst the dominion's capital, now called the Obsidian Palace. Soon enough, everyone realized just who exactly the intruder was...

Zephiriadne.

Wanting to relish the moment trumping his twin brother, Bathariadne declared Zephiriadne as his and his alone. After a brief exchange of words, the fighting officially began.

Unbeknown to Bathariadne, however, Zephiriadne took his time to hone a very special program that would stop his evil aspirations forever, or so it should. As the fight dragged to a crawl, Zephiriadne, with the last of his remaining life, reveals the great program and unleashes it at his fallen brother. Moments later, Zephiriadne fell to the floor, dead.

His efforts were not in vain, however, as Bathariadne, though still alive, was truly mortally wounded. This forced him to compromise. He had to transfer his mind to something else while his body was still recuperating. A great being of Atheimian magnitude would suffice. And so, he chose to dwell inside Lord Luntentheim, which now went by the name of Lord Glutenheimer.

However, this wasn't the only effect of the program. Soon, the Atheim realized that their memories, and in fact even Bathariadne's, were slowly starting to crumble. Eventually, the Atheim completely forgot even their names.

As eons passed by, everyone else slowly forgot the name of the Atheim, which is why today, they go by the name of...

"THEM"

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 10:55:06 pm »

The Nameless Empire

Pictured: The Imperial emblem symbolizing their reverence to Bathariadne and goal to crush all who oppose them in spreading Imperial rule all across this universe, and in others.

With the battle won and Bathariadne being the sole surviving Administrator in all of known space, the fallen Atheim set out to rebuild the dominion in their own twisted likeness. They expanded their arsenal and militarized many technologies in order to suppress, or outright crush, any remaining opposition in the former dominion.

They weren't alone, however.

During the bloody transition, neighboring intergalactic empires began expanding at a rapid pace, taking advantage of the superpower's disappearance. But this proved to be mostly temporary, as was shown by the Empire's rapid reclamation of former dominion territory.

All seemed well for the Empire, until the aftereffects of Zephiriadne's program finally became apparent and Bathariadne and the Atheim began losing sizable chunks of their memories. Storing their memories in multiple drives became futile, as even the data stored inside them quickly began to disintegrate. The only thing they could do was accept their fate.

One day, they realized that they had finally forgotten the name of their race. But they were not alone in this, as everyone, and everything, who knew it eventually forgot about it also. Accepting what has happened, they chose to be called the Nameless.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: [EY] The Extended Yuuniverse
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 08:12:38 am »
I find it interesting that the top spires point to the universe where the Administrator first came from, and you can't quantify any "direction" towards another universe.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Re: [EY] The Extended Yuuniverse
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »
Imagine that the multiverse is an ocean and the membranes/universes are bubbles. That's basically the main idea, a small compass inside one of the bubbles which is pointing at another, distant bubble.

Indeed, we can't quantify extra-universal directions with our limited sensors. But that is only because we haven't broken out of our three-dimensional shell yet.