Poll

What do you do now?

dart between cubicles and try to escape with stealth
Try and fight them
Continue hiding
Other(specify)

Author Topic: The Changeling  (Read 4820 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 08:49:02 pm »
There, updated poll.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 08:54:24 pm »
Hooray! Things are looking pretty unanimous for once! ;D

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 09:11:23 pm »
Currently, I'm only getting five votes at most, with the rare sixth vote, and the fifth vote is usually mine so... Shall I update?

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 09:32:39 pm »
I guess. There's a winner this time. If you ever run into a situation where there is no winner, I'd say wait for the 6th vote, or count posts as votes.

That being said, I think a good idea would be to keep the poll options at 5 or below, so that at least one option must get 2 votes.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 10:06:28 pm »
Good idea. That, and I should do it before someone ties it up again.)

 After much pondering, you look around, then spin on your heel, turning to face the work-centered buildings. You straighten your suit up a bit, then look around for any obvious landmarks besides the bridge. Then, you remember that the business you work at is to the left. You smile as the image becomes clearer. Slowly, you take a few steps, then get into a bit of a power walk, examining each building as you go. Office, office, pharmacy, hospital, gun shop... You continue on, then notice a dispute nearby. Two men, apparently members of rival gangs, are up ahead, shouting obscenities and shoving each other.

Apparently, they aren't armed, but they're certainly dangerous, and look close to breaking into a fight. You tense up and stare, and you feel as if your black eyes penetrated their very souls. The gang members, as though feeling your gaze, shiver slightly and turn in your direction. Their eyes immediately light up with rage and mixes of fear at your appearance. Quickly, you decide to...

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 10:12:02 pm »
Whoop their sorry butts if you have to, but don't start the fight. Try to see if you can get to where you work, there might be clues there.

Offline lopaz

  • Breakout Battler
  • *
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:53 am »
What Darth Grievi said.

Offline Rysworld

  • Autoduel Mechanic
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 04:17:03 pm »
Ditto.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 09:15:19 pm »
Slowly, you shake off your fears and get into position. You feel adrenaline course through your veins rapidly. You take in a deep breath of air. The thugs charge. As they get closer and closer, you squeeze your eyes shut tight, then charge forward. You hear more than feel your feet pounding against the sidewalk, and a slight grunt of surprise and a tug at your sleep. You hear something scraping along behind you, and a man grunting with small hints of pain and what sounded like surprise. As you stop with a skid, you pant loudly, putting your hands on your knees. You look behind you, and nearly shout.

The thug had grabbed your sleeve as you passed, and had been dragged along in your mad rush. His jacket and shirt was shredded off from friction, as well as some skin. He had his teeth gritted as he released your shirt, then tried to slowly get up. The other thug could be seen still approaching. You look around wildly, and spot the name of the office you work at splayed across the front of a towering building. It was definitely familiar. You shake off of the surprise of your immense strength and speed. The bottom of your feet were practically burning, with the shoes ripped badly. Your brain is sore, and you're surprised that it didn't get smashed into a sludge/paste by the momentum.

You decide to...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:17:37 pm by boswell25 »

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 09:18:56 pm »
Let's take a breather here for a second, see if the thugs will be idiots and still try to fight you. You seem like the kind of being that fights better outdoors, so let's not bring the fight inside your office building.

Offline Rysworld

  • Autoduel Mechanic
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »
Our brain is sore? The one part of our body with no nerves is sore? Wow, that sounded a lot harsher than I meant it to be.

Anyways, I agree with Greivi.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »
I think he means all the other gunk floating around in there is sore. Like how you get a migraine because your blood vessels spasm.

Update?  ;D

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2009, 01:54:15 pm »
;D

I think it's safe to enter the building. We might find some clues, or at least some posessions of yours.

EDIT: Update?  ;D I refuse to let a good game die.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2009, 02:21:44 pm »
Slowly and shakily, you straighten up, stretching with a low groan. You turn, then decide to enter the building. You shake the door's handles. Your eyes widen and you stumble back when you find the doors to no longer be attached to the wall, but rather clenched in your fists. You make a mental note to practice control of this strange new powers, then gasp when you hear low sirens. Either someone heard the ruckus, or the gang members grew a pair large enough to spin a story to the police. You dwell no longer on these thoughts as you dart in, sprinting to left and bolting up the stairs instinctively. It was the typical office building, with cubicles, phones, a few papers here and there, nothing special. You already know all this though, as you dart and duck in one of the cubicles. You hear the sound of cars parking outside over the sirens.