Poll

What do you do now?

dart between cubicles and try to escape with stealth
Try and fight them
Continue hiding
Other(specify)

Author Topic: The Changeling  (Read 4815 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
The Changeling
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:26:35 pm »
(Just a lil choice game I thought up.)

Slowly, you awaken with a throbbing headache and a feeling of nausea. You are 28 year old John Currachian, a member of a respectable software company. You have brown eyes, with black hair. You usually wear a gray business suit and tie. With your gaunt cheeks and sunken in eyes, you can be considered a creep, yet you're actually very nice. You rub a hand through your hair, greasy and ruffled. You feel a little bump where you had apparently been hit. You wince and hiss, quickly pulling your hand back.

You feel sweat roll down your face, and yet you are cold, almost shivering. Your fists are clenched tightly, and you feel cold stone under you. Slowly, you sit up, your vision blurred. The last thing you remember was walking down a sidewalk near a busy highway, going home from a hard day at work. You were alone, and it was nearing the end of the day. As you walked, you heard the shuffling of feet nearby, but ignored it. Suddenly, you feel something connect with your head with much force. Slowly, the image became more and more distorted. Then, nothing.

You finally manage to open your eyes the rest of the way.

What do you do?

EDIT:Comment if you wish. I don't wanna double or triple post with updates.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:51:11 pm by boswell25 »



Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:03:12 pm »
Oooohhh... interested. Let's hope this goes far! ;D

Let's get our bearings...

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:04:26 pm »
I have hopes for this, but hopes only go so far.

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 04:54:15 pm »
It's usually a good idea to know whats around you before you move, so let's look around.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 04:58:01 pm »
Five votes is as much as I can get for now I believe, sooo...

You narrow your eyes a bit and carefully looked about. Your eyes widened and you almost shouted in surprise when the entire area became perfectly clear. You hid your surprise well as you surveyed the area further. Apparently, you were in an alley. Bits of trash and puddles of water were randomly laid about. A dim light was overhead, which slowly crackled out. You looked up at the sky. Your eyes widened further when you realized it was the middle of the night. In fact, it should be be completely pitch black to you...

(New poll.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:59:37 pm by boswell25 »

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 05:05:00 pm »
Let's stand up before something happens. We don't want to be laying own if something comes through here...

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 05:06:24 pm »
At least one 'other' vote is always from me so that I can watch the poll, so ignore one vote from that area every time.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:29:50 pm by boswell25 »

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 07:20:02 pm »
We should see what exactly we are now. Look into the puddle.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 08:01:49 pm »
(Tie)

 Slowly, you gather your thoughts and stand up, arching your back in a stretch. Then, you stagger over to the puddle. You get on your knees and slowly bend over, examining your face. You seemed pretty normal, aside from the sweaty face and greasy hair, along with the rips and scratches in your clothes, as well as the mud and water splattered across it. Then, you inspected your face slightly closer.

 You jumped back with a small shout. Your eyes. They were missing, or so it seemed. You screamed louder and scrabbled at your face in a panic, then slowly calmed down. You gently reached a hand up, touching your eye lid. You felt an eye underneath. So, you still had eyes, they were merely pitch black. You noticed your body was significantly paler. You calm yourself and look around. You decide to...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:22:23 pm by boswell25 »

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 08:16:41 pm »
Intriguing...

Let's see if we can find any clues to what happened here...

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 08:22:57 pm »
So, how is this going for the first thread I've ever made?

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 08:26:16 pm »
Go go go! It's going great! You've been able to update 3 times today, which means at least 5 people are already interested! ;D

Offline Rysworld

  • Autoduel Mechanic
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 08:26:31 pm »
So, how is this going for the first thread I've ever made?
Pretty well. I like it, at least.

Offline Crazen

  • Space Ace
  • *****
  • Posts: 2998
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 08:26:47 pm »
woa, I just noticed, you dont make alot of threads. infact, none, cept this one

(I've made 63 topic, one for every fifty posts or so)
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!


Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 08:28:18 pm »
So, how is this going for the first thread I've ever made?
Pretty well. I like it, at least.

Thanks, I was pretty nervous to make this.
woa, I just noticed, you dont make alot of threads. infact, none, cept this one

(I've made 63 topic, one for every fifty posts or so)

Like I said to rys, I'm hesitant to make threads, since I'm afraid I'll fail.

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 08:31:58 pm »
Good so far, anyway it's good to have as much information as possible before we do anything so look around.

Edit: SO MANY POSTS!
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:48 pm »
You take a closer look around. One of the buildings is brick, or at least stone from what you can see. You touch the other wall. It's cold, and hollow, yet you can knock on it without getting scrapes. Wood. You look up. There is a sign dangling overhead. It was a name, probably of the building. You guess it's a bar. You decide to...

Offline Rysworld

  • Autoduel Mechanic
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 08:43:07 pm »
Enter the bar. I've deduced that this is a zombie thriller. The only way to advance the plot on one of those is to enter someplace dark and skeery.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 08:45:58 pm »
I say walk out of the alley... we might not want to go into anywhere with potentially a lot of people quite yet...

@Rys: Lol, we've got completely different takes on this. I'm overly cautious and you're ready to go!  :D

Offline Kitkat

  • Ultima III Time Lord
  • *****
  • Posts: 2859
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 08:48:31 pm »
I am with Grievi on this. Chances are, if we're a "Changeling". then we would cause quite a shock if we were to go out in a moderately sized crowd. Plus, with all those drunk guys probably in the bar, we most likely shouldn't risk it.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:53 pm »
It's not exactly a zombie thriller, but it's got some... Well, you'll see. It's a tie between 2 different votes. I need at least 1, maybe 2 more votes. Also, we are(were?)a normal human.

Offline Rysworld

  • Autoduel Mechanic
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »
I think I know what you mean.

Offline Kitkat

  • Ultima III Time Lord
  • *****
  • Posts: 2859
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 08:53:30 pm »
Ha HA! I forgot to vote >.>
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 08:53:49 pm »
So, update or wait?

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 05:24:57 pm »
Update?

If it helps, I change my vote to inspect stone building.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 07:03:56 pm »
Slowly, you turn to the stone building and approach it, ignoring the splash as you stuck your foot into the puddle on the way over. You touched your pale colored hand against the hard stone wall, then ran your fingers down it. You were surprised when their claws leaved shallow cuts. You looked at your claws. They weren't even chipped. You shrug off this strange occurrence as you look up the stone building. It was obviously a skyscraper, with many rows of windows going up, down, and across both ways and the top of the tower actually reaching the clouds. An office building, perhaps?

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 04:51:49 pm »
Looks like walk out of the alley is winning. This is getting interesting! ;D

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 05:01:01 pm »
Thank ye, kind sir.

UPDATE

Slowly, you clench, then unclench your fist, looking in all directions. The bar would probably have too many drunkards to be reasoned with. The office building... Too dangerous all together. So, you shrug, then stretch your back and turn to the alley's entrance. No light comes through it, but you see perfectly anyway. You take a slow, shaky step forward. Within seconds, you were power walking out of the alley. You breathed in the fresh night air, a good change to the damp and foul smelling alley. You look in all directions. To the right, there's a long line of various buildings, starting with the bar and ending with what appears to be a coffee shop. You look to the left. Starting with the office, there is also a long line of buildings, although these are more work centered. You look up. A large bridge looms overhead, and you hear the sound of an occasional car passing over it. You look forward. Another alley was across the street.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:24:05 am by boswell25 »

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 07:23:28 pm »
You should probaly update the poll, also walk down the street on the left.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 07:26:00 pm »
I agree with flamester.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, I didn't know you updated!  :)

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 08:49:02 pm »
There, updated poll.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 08:54:24 pm »
Hooray! Things are looking pretty unanimous for once! ;D

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 09:11:23 pm »
Currently, I'm only getting five votes at most, with the rare sixth vote, and the fifth vote is usually mine so... Shall I update?

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 09:32:39 pm »
I guess. There's a winner this time. If you ever run into a situation where there is no winner, I'd say wait for the 6th vote, or count posts as votes.

That being said, I think a good idea would be to keep the poll options at 5 or below, so that at least one option must get 2 votes.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 10:06:28 pm »
Good idea. That, and I should do it before someone ties it up again.)

 After much pondering, you look around, then spin on your heel, turning to face the work-centered buildings. You straighten your suit up a bit, then look around for any obvious landmarks besides the bridge. Then, you remember that the business you work at is to the left. You smile as the image becomes clearer. Slowly, you take a few steps, then get into a bit of a power walk, examining each building as you go. Office, office, pharmacy, hospital, gun shop... You continue on, then notice a dispute nearby. Two men, apparently members of rival gangs, are up ahead, shouting obscenities and shoving each other.

Apparently, they aren't armed, but they're certainly dangerous, and look close to breaking into a fight. You tense up and stare, and you feel as if your black eyes penetrated their very souls. The gang members, as though feeling your gaze, shiver slightly and turn in your direction. Their eyes immediately light up with rage and mixes of fear at your appearance. Quickly, you decide to...

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 10:12:02 pm »
Whoop their sorry butts if you have to, but don't start the fight. Try to see if you can get to where you work, there might be clues there.

Offline lopaz

  • Breakout Battler
  • *
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:53 am »
What Darth Grievi said.

Offline Rysworld

  • Autoduel Mechanic
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 04:17:03 pm »
Ditto.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 09:15:19 pm »
Slowly, you shake off your fears and get into position. You feel adrenaline course through your veins rapidly. You take in a deep breath of air. The thugs charge. As they get closer and closer, you squeeze your eyes shut tight, then charge forward. You hear more than feel your feet pounding against the sidewalk, and a slight grunt of surprise and a tug at your sleep. You hear something scraping along behind you, and a man grunting with small hints of pain and what sounded like surprise. As you stop with a skid, you pant loudly, putting your hands on your knees. You look behind you, and nearly shout.

The thug had grabbed your sleeve as you passed, and had been dragged along in your mad rush. His jacket and shirt was shredded off from friction, as well as some skin. He had his teeth gritted as he released your shirt, then tried to slowly get up. The other thug could be seen still approaching. You look around wildly, and spot the name of the office you work at splayed across the front of a towering building. It was definitely familiar. You shake off of the surprise of your immense strength and speed. The bottom of your feet were practically burning, with the shoes ripped badly. Your brain is sore, and you're surprised that it didn't get smashed into a sludge/paste by the momentum.

You decide to...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:17:37 pm by boswell25 »

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 09:18:56 pm »
Let's take a breather here for a second, see if the thugs will be idiots and still try to fight you. You seem like the kind of being that fights better outdoors, so let's not bring the fight inside your office building.

Offline Rysworld

  • Autoduel Mechanic
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »
Our brain is sore? The one part of our body with no nerves is sore? Wow, that sounded a lot harsher than I meant it to be.

Anyways, I agree with Greivi.

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »
I think he means all the other gunk floating around in there is sore. Like how you get a migraine because your blood vessels spasm.

Update?  ;D

Offline Darth Grievi

  • Gradius Vic Viper
  • *****
  • Posts: 4814
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2009, 01:54:15 pm »
;D

I think it's safe to enter the building. We might find some clues, or at least some posessions of yours.

EDIT: Update?  ;D I refuse to let a good game die.

Offline boswell25

  • Rigel Rescuer
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
Re: The Changeling
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2009, 02:21:44 pm »
Slowly and shakily, you straighten up, stretching with a low groan. You turn, then decide to enter the building. You shake the door's handles. Your eyes widen and you stumble back when you find the doors to no longer be attached to the wall, but rather clenched in your fists. You make a mental note to practice control of this strange new powers, then gasp when you hear low sirens. Either someone heard the ruckus, or the gang members grew a pair large enough to spin a story to the police. You dwell no longer on these thoughts as you dart in, sprinting to left and bolting up the stairs instinctively. It was the typical office building, with cubicles, phones, a few papers here and there, nothing special. You already know all this though, as you dart and duck in one of the cubicles. You hear the sound of cars parking outside over the sirens.