Author Topic: New Star Wars game to be announced?  (Read 6033 times)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
Re: New Star Wars game to be announced?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 01:31:50 pm »
:(
There's always ass Mass Effect. I wonder if I can run it with 3danylze?
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 01:53:59 pm »
The other thing about the ad the showed at the VGA that angered me was how insulting it was to the potential player.

LA Employee 1: Hmm. Lets show him blowing up walls for no apparent reason with some random "something-something-dark side"- like quotes.
LA Employee 2: Ooh! And then we can show some thing like a rancor, but impossibly huge! They'll think that's really cool!
LA Employee 1: And then, he'll randomly shoot force lightning everywhere. Because force lightning is cool!
Common Sense: Don't you guys think its a bit insulting to assume that people will pay for a Star Wars game just because its got big things and looks shiny?
LA Employee 2: Who cares? as long as its got the star wars logo on it, people will buy it.
LA Employee 1: And if they don't, we already make money by existing, so its not like it'll affect us.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 01:55:16 pm »
Dude, that happens with pretty much most video games nowadays; Money>Fans.
Look at Oblivion.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 05:20:34 am »
I think this can become pretty cool if they fix the flaws from the first one.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 02:13:25 am »
I LOVED the first one... The wii controls were perfect, but it was way too short...

As for how they can continue with the lead character dying?  They already did that with the secret apprentice twice... IN THE SAME F***ING GAME.  Don't tell me that they can't pull it off again.

Alternately, this game COULD be the early, pre-Juno training.  After all, he had a lot of dead pilots before she came along.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 11:52:46 am »
I LOVED the first one... The wii controls were perfect, but it was way too short...

I had no problems with the Wii gameplay. that was its only redeeming value
As for how they can continue with the lead character dying?  They already did that with the secret apprentice twice... IN THE SAME F***ING GAME.  Don't tell me that they can't pull it off again.

"Can" isn't what's in question here. "Should" is.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).