Where do we go?

Bar
1 (25%)
Factory
1 (25%)
Bedroom
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Spore, the RPG  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
Spore, the RPG
« on: November 20, 2009, 09:44:27 am »
OK, so this is a little idea that I had as a way of making the sadly lienear adventures. I want it to be a community thing, so here we go.

It'll take place in a Spore universe of my own creation.

You lot will be guiding the main character, just like in the many meta-games in the Roleplaying and Story section.

First things first, we need to choose which of the characters I have prepared to use.

Haltopen Peacemaker

Taken from the United Empires' own Proud Warrior Race, the Haltopen, to be part of the it's military arm, the Peacemakers.

With this character, you will be initially at the whim of the UE: settling disputes on contested planets, protecting planets from pirates/Grox/non-UE empires or attacking a non-UE planet. Unless you become a mercenary, then you can do whatever the heck you want.

Starting Mission: On your first mission out of training, defend a small research outpost from an attack.

Loren Special Forces

This character is a murderer. As the dominant thought in Loren society is 'once a murderer, alway a murderer', punishment for murder is to become part of the part of the UE's special forces. The Loren are one of the few races in the galaxy where everyone is able to read minds. Except maybe the Wanderers, but nobody's ever thought to ask.

With this one, you'll be travelling to different planets indirectly killing (through coercion and technically nonlethal weapons) individuals the UE decides are Unsuitable for Continuation. This includes mafia kings, planetary governors that do not conform to UE law and outright dictators. Unless you go rogue. You'll be hunted down, but that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Starting Mission: Assassinate a planetary governor who has been found to indulge in a bit of slavery of species under the protection of the UE, but not of the Council.

Carcus Priest

This is a priest who has just finished his training.

With this one, you'll be travelling from planet to planet, spreading Spode's good word, as ordained by your Order. In particular, you'll be sent to very sinful planets. Eventually, you might want to join a ship permanently, maybe being a shepherd to a flock, telling them tales from the good book, hoping a group of smugglers will find serenity.

Starting Mission: Last day of training before going out into the big wide galaxy.

Feel free to ask questions. This will be in picture story format.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
Re: Spore, the RPG
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 07:45:17 pm »
Special Forces! I like it better. :P

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 12:18:48 pm »
Preeche' fo' me.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:57 am »

You are beamed down to the planet Aerbilion, on the outskirts of Eogan, at what appears to be a dual space port/ green spice mine.

This is a Marrarce. After a war on their home planet, the ensuing dictatorship sold many of those who had opposed them to less-than-moral planets as slaves. After a revolution, with the help of Peacemakers, the UE council vowed to release the slaves.

The Port overseer welcomes you in a way that suggests he had be trained to tell you this, and he doesn't think much of this line of work. He points you down the road. Checking his mind, you sense that he is a little uneasy.

You make your way to the city. In the background is the green spice that is vital to terraforming.

Eogan is a fairly standard colony, inhabited by all the Council races, with all the mod cons. Apparently, the Governor had a lot of pull with the Services committee.

Standard primary defences.

Everybody's inside. Soon, though, people will be going to and fro, entering and exiting any of the four tall, modular buildings.

There seems to be four intelligent choices. Meet your contact, Avita, on the bar level of the mall (the one to the left), visit a member of a resistance movement, who is working at the factory (on the right), or head for Governor Eresa's apartment in the Habitation complex (in front). The City hall behind you is likely crawling with guards.

Sorry the city is so small. And empty. Photographing involves playing the adventure not in test mode, so it's hard to go back once the mistake is realised.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:46:00 am by Haseri »