Author Topic: The Pentekonterus: Will They Ever Make The Leap? OOC  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
The Pentekonterus: Will They Ever Make The Leap? OOC
« on: November 12, 2009, 06:40:40 pm »
Yes, it's another OOC. If I have disturbed the peaceful rest of the NG, then I am sorry. I'm such a n00b. Anyway, I feel it nescessary to open up for ideas. Any suggestions for how their development should go? I've got Tribal down, but any ideas for history before this, for Civilization, Space, etc.? (BTW, until space, an ocean is going to cut off the sapient ones from the non-sapient ones, making it so only 16% of their population is sapient by Space. Then they'll go on a religious mission to sapientize (Is that a word?) the rest of their "people". Also, I am arbitrating in a poll (Hopefully) for a plot twist. How do I add a poll?
Potential Plot Twists:
A. It was a dream sequence.
B. This was actually 40 Earth years, which is 30 of this planet's years, and so Girruth looks really dumb...
C. The story is told by later members of his people who worship him as a god.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:35:59 pm by Dr.Octagonapus »

Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Re: The Pentekonterus: Will They Ever Make The Leap? OOC
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:48:53 pm »
I must say I'm a bit dubious as to how quickly they are progressing.  I mean, monolith or not, it's a bit of a stretch to go from around the inteligence of a wolf, to fire, weapons and spoken language within 3 hours.  Even then, I don't see how they could feasibly reach space any time soon.  Even if they were given the technology, they just don't have the capacity to use it.  It'd be like if we gave guns, cars and computers to chimps.

Also, just a head's up, the NG is defunct.  Most RPs are in the reborn galaxy, the continuation of the origional galaxy.  A bit confusing, I know.

There is potential in your race, no doubt, but I'm very iffy about how you are currently handeling them.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 06:53:07 pm »
Actually, he's the only one. This is why, later on, his people will worship him as a god. It's gonna take a long time for his message to get through. Time, time, more time, and a lot of leftover food. Girruth is mostly imitating what his "visitors" are doing as well as things he found on the monolith. He doesn't understand half of what he's doing. LOL...
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 07:03:41 pm »
Is it OK for me to double-post in this? Also, any other questions?