Author Topic: A descriptive passage of mine :D  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
A descriptive passage of mine :D
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:09:54 am »
The figures moved with a speed that seemed to defy their outlandish bulk.
They were merely vague suggestions of images, lingering on the edge of visibility like the shadows of lurking death. The flicked and whirled with motion, their movements flashing like the brightest darkness in the deep shade about them.
They danced and twirled with all the agility of a cat, agile and fast, elegant movements seeming to excrete a sickly animosity. Moments of deepest quiet darted from their movements like the shafts of a thousand spears, crippling the air with shards of imperceptibility. The silence seemed to resonate with unnatural menace, and the dark figures seemed to bathe in it like composers of their own symphony.

At an unspoken command, the figures snapped into stillness, and dropped to their knees. A beam of purest light shined upon them from above, revealing their naked bodies bowed upon a tower of death and carrion, tattooed with twirling designs that writhed with power beneath their skin. Motes of dust floated down from above, lazy in their movements.
The figures did not move.

Swirling mists engulfed the land before the towering pile of carrion upon which they stood. Heads, bones, and flesh, all buckled beneath the weight of fear and despair. Screaming and snapping, spiritless beasts plunged from the mists to claw at the Aii'eathyrs feet. The calm that had once been was shattered, and the darkling-mist suckled the light from the sky itself.

As one, their heads snapped up, heavy cowls dropping down upon their faces, their heads bathed in shade. The markings upon their skin, flowed and coalesced, power emanating from their bodies like light from a bulb. Fiery luminescence dripped from their limbs, and in a burst of star-light they were gone.
Only a flickering flame remained, until that too was consumed.

Something is coming.

Surrounded by glittering statues of pure crystal, an Aii'eathyr stood deep in concentration. Strands of fate, woven into the very fabric of this reality, curled and spun as the inhabitants of the galaxy continued their petty lives. They all lived in ignorance, and it disgusted K'lahrei. Before him orbited glowing runes that seemed to pulsate and contract as their lazy orbits drew them ever closer to the other runes, in operation the same way as planets might orbit a sun. However, this solar system describes not space, but time. The Aii'eathyr rose a delicate hand and plucked a burning rune from its erratic orbit before it touched any of the others.
He frowned at it for a second, before bowing his head.
So it is true. The future represents something far more terrifying than what we originally feared.
Something is emerging from the future, bearing down on us like the sky itself. It is too huge to be distinguished, but even now we can feel the gravity that its existence exerts on the present. It looks like an ending, beyond which is expansive nothingness that sucks the souls from our breasts and the breath from our lips. But the future lies indefinitely on the decisions made today.

What would you have me do?

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:13:21 am by Spudman »

"You will all suffer my sins, your oceans of blood will soothe my body and purify of it or this world which I have been born into. Your souls will merge with mine, your pain and fear and despair will drive my crusade!"

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: A descriptive passage of mine :D
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:39:38 am »
Brightest darkness?  :-\
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:02:30 am »
Difficult to explain. Like a lighter shade of dark... Besides, these guys aren't particularly normal :P
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:14:58 am by Spudman »
"You will all suffer my sins, your oceans of blood will soothe my body and purify of it or this world which I have been born into. Your souls will merge with mine, your pain and fear and despair will drive my crusade!"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 10:25:24 am »
This seems to be a description of a James Bond title sequence.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 10:43:21 am »
This seems to be a description of a James Bond title sequence.

I read this before the second paragraph.

I applaud you, sir.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 06:07:49 am »
Thanks guys!
Thing is, I'm not too sure where to take this...  :'(
What do you guys think should happen next?

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 08:33:47 am »
Bond now must go to the office to pick up his magnetic shoelaces.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 08:54:45 am »
Write down your ideas(All of them) and flesh them out a bit, and if it doesn't seem to fit with the stuff you've written already, change one of them or scrap the partially fleshed out ideas.

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 11:39:08 pm »
Good idea... Thanks!
Bond now must go to the office to pick up his magnetic shoelaces.
What?

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 08:26:35 am »
Anytime!

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 12:03:12 am »
Added some extra! Not much, but i want to hear your feedback right about now. And yeah, i'll admit it: i haven't written anything in a while....
 :P