Author Topic: Demon's Souls  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Demon's Souls
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:49:36 am »
This game is freaking hard. Well once you know the weakness of a boss/enemy and how to combat them it's not as bad but seriously, it's still not all that easy. Is anyone else playing this? Anyone around Soul-LV14 and want to take on the Tower Knight? I got a bad connection and was dropped just before me and some other people were about to kill it. I want to get out of Soul-Form, but dare not try to take that thing on by myself.

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
Re: Demon's Souls
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 12:36:34 pm »
I like invading peoples worlds and watching them fall into my traps or to use death to kill them.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 11:20:18 am »
Links, explanation?  Perhaps try to say what the game is for people who haven't played it instead of just complaining about lag.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 03:47:58 pm »
It's one of those games where if you haven't heard about it already, you probably won't like it.

But:

http://www.demons-souls.com/home.html

King Allant the XII, the last king of Boletaria, searched tirelessly to expand his might. The Nexus, a great ice shrine nestled in the mountains, bestowed the power of the souls onto him, bringing prosperity to his kingdom. Still unsated, he returned again to the Nexus, where he foolishly awakened the Old One from its eternal slumber. This long forgotten evil, now wrought upon Boletaria, plunged the realm into darkness and fog. A mighty demon horde poured into the kingdom, devouring the souls of men.

Champions from other realms learned of Boletaria's fate and sought to deliver the kingdom from evil; none would return from the cursed land. Called upon by a mysterious maiden in black, you go forth, the last hope for humanity in a place lost to demons and darkness...

You could call it a Massively Single-player Online Game (MSOG), as you can play mostly alone if you so chose (except if you are invaded by a Black Phantom [another player]). You see the actions of other players and other players deaths and messages provide clues about the dangers that are ahead. It would fall into the category of "Rogue" RPG.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5u_LrqmPo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5u_LrqmPo</a>

Beautiful, compelling, and at times unforgiving, Demon's Souls is the hardcore RPG experience PS3 owners have been waiting for since the platform's launch. Revolutionary online features define your adventure like never before, presenting seamless interconnectivity that serves in every instance to enhance the single-player game. Unprecedented in its depth and subtlety, peerless in its relentlessly challenging gameplay, Demon's Souls is the ultimate action RPG.

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 04:04:23 pm »
It would fall into the category of "Rogue" RPG.

I'm pretty sure that's the best graphics I've ever seen in a roguelike, or do you mean something else when you say that?

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 04:18:53 pm »
I meant rougelike but it should probably read roguelike-like since the only randomization that occurs in interaction with other players and occasionally boss battles (who seemingly randomize their attack patterns, though still predictable and telegraphed at times on some bosses).

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 06:33:24 pm »
It's one of those games where if you haven't heard about it already, you probably won't like it.

*watches the video*

So it's exactly like monster hunter but without the oversized weapons....

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 12:50:24 pm »

*watches the video*

Plus better game play and more difficulty.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 12:59:49 pm »

*watches the video*

Plus better game play and more difficulty.
Ohhh, so it's exactly like monster hunter freedom unite but it actually has multiplayer that actually exists

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 06:52:17 pm »
Wow this looks like my kind of game, wow.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 01:59:55 pm »
Proven fact: 78% of the people who attempt beating this game go mad and end up institutionalized.