Author Topic: I have rediscovered the Joys of spore.  (Read 45013 times)

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
I have rediscovered the Joys of spore.
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:36:33 am »
Okay, so it's been weeks of doing just attempting an adventure, then maybe quitting or retrying to finish playing it, or making a few creatures then quitting.

I was randomly making a few creations, and I thought to myself, "Hey, maybe I'll start Cell stage, and play around through the Creature Stage for an hour or two."

I went through Cell Stage using the Adddna cheat code to make an overpowered Cell brute. The thing that annoys me is when I am floatin' around, and I see Cell using the HIDDEN CELL EDITOR PARTS. >:(

I got to Creature Stage, Annihilating almost every race I saw, (No cheats used, if I remember correctly.). I ended up seeing 2 epics, both of them being creatures I made. I ended up allying two Rogues, (Sadly only one of them made it to the Tribe Stage.).

Alright, so In the Tribe stage I was casually gaining food, and when the enemy Raids started coming, I was like D:< and destroyed the enemy base right after I defeated the Raid. I was so FOCUSED on gaining food, If they hadn't attacked me I probably would have spent HOURS on this one stage, gaining food. (I ended up Allying one of them, just for the heck of it.)

In the city stage, I annihilated the 3 starter bases, and ended up saving one of them as an Economic City.
I decided to try to Aim for an Economic-Based win, so I ended up Buying most of the cities after that. (Except maybe two, which I Air-Spammed.) I was SO close to getting to Diplomatic, but right before I could buy the last city, he Surrendered so I was stuck as Military.  >:(

In Space Stage, I did 2 Beam-Down missions, Set up a few colonies, allied a race, then Exited Spore.

All in all, a Fun 5 hours of my life, I enjoyed every stage.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
Re: I have rediscovered the Joys of spore.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:15:08 am »
I have to say I did rediscovered the joys of Spore as welland have play it though the creature(used evoadvantage cheat), tribal, civ, and the beginning of the space stage, but I haven't had anytime to play it lately. Stupid college classes.

Maybe the reason I rediscovered it was because I broke my ankle? :P

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 04:09:59 pm »
I literally was focused on gaining food in the tribe stage, and I only ended up destroying other villages because they tried to Raid me / Steal my food. I probably would have played for an extra hour if it wasn't for them. xD

Offline ilovespore

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 11:35:08 am »
I love spore because there is no better game out there and i have a spaceship and over 30 planets where i get spice and sell it to make even more money
i have saved alot of money already but i am going to get more money so i am ready to attack the space aleins to get to the middle of the map

Spore is a great game anyone who ays it isnt is kind of stupid in my iopinion

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 12:08:03 pm »
Oh god, we have another me.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 11:35:58 am »
Spore is alright, but it's not, and I quote:

I love spore because there is no better game out there and i have a spaceship and over 30 planets where i get spice and sell it to make even more money
i have saved alot of money already but i am going to get more money so i am ready to attack the space aleins to get to the middle of the map

Spore is a great game anyone who ays it isnt is kind of stupid in my iopinion

It's an average game, Garrysmod has way more freedom, Half life 2 will still be amazing and Modern Warfare 2 has, personally speaking, the best cinemagraphics.
the real saviour of this forum

gec05

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 01:09:20 pm »
Too bad he's a deceptive alt troll Plank. :P

*brandishes banhammer*

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 01:59:36 pm »
Who is behind this tomfoolery?
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

gec05

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 02:35:34 pm »
Someone who doesn't deserve the attention. Now let's continue with the topic.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 02:37:41 pm »
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!

Anyway, I cannot seem to stop playing GA lately. I don't know if that counts as here, but its improve my creativity a bit. :P

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 11:37:01 am »
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting back into it... though I was sort of guilt-tripped into it when people were asking why I'd stopped making stuff. I never considered anything I did good enough that people might miss it when it was gone...

I'm enjoying making an adventure and painstakingly putting ambient sounds and NPCs here, there and everywhere. Although I know if anyone can't complete the adventure they'll just downrate it right away, never mind all the effort that goes into it. :P

It's easier than making a LittleBigPlanet level, at least, which I got recently but consistently cause my levels to collapse on themselves within.  ::)
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 04:55:54 pm »
I got back into it for a while, but then I just got LF4D2, so that killed my enthusiasm.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 10:53:12 am »
Started to play again. I built up a creature and jumped straight in to space as a Wanderer. Last time I played the GA adventures were downright painful, but now the content is better. I've only had one mission that was unplayable. One thing I've noticed now is that the Missionista Badge takes a lot longer to get, as do the Gopher badges since there is a lot more variety. (so I still don't have the full-heal repair packs for my ship)

Finally found SOL as well. Once I put the Grox in their place I'll take it over.

Still a fun game, but I have been away for many months.

-Lego

gec05

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 10:59:53 am »
I still like making adventures. I never play the space stage, but I love creating all these adventure/platformer games.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 06:33:39 pm »
I still like making adventures. I never play the space stage, but I love creating all these adventure/platformer games.

You need to make more Beyon City adventures! I love them to death!