Author Topic: I have rediscovered the Joys of spore.  (Read 44304 times)

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
Re: I have rediscovered the Joys of spore.
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 08:07:42 pm »
Yes, an uncalled for thread. That isn't really equivilent to "hatedom". People will grumble about being let down, but that isn't the same as kneejerk abject seething lynchmob, heh. You'll notice the people who make such threads generally make more than one, and are rather outspoken. It gives an illusion of people caring, when most people rolled their eyes, had a grumble and moved on already. :P

And i'm not much of an archivist, i'd say use the search bar but I wouldn't even know what to search for. There were plenty of threads like that prior to the release though.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 08:10:27 pm »
Meh. Well then lets get thos back on track, you have any Spore "rediscoveries?"

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 10:19:32 pm »
Well, I personally like Spore. It's not even close to the game that we were told about* but it's still a good time-waster. If i hadn't been following it for 3 years before it came out, i would probably barely remember that it existed. But I think it's fun to be able to go around the galaxy and explore, and it does feel good to grow a tiny bacteria into a spacefaring empire. I've seen a lot of topics saying that this was essentially the worst game ever released, but I feel different. It was disappointing, yeah, but still good.

*i remember one video in particular his creature was walking around a very lush and diverse world, and creatures would actually approach him and all acted in a different way. He was attacked by a small animal that he explained would call its pack to take you down in an intelligent way. it looked like he was interacting with the world, instead of trying to beat it, which is basically all you can do in the final product. Does anyone know what video I'm talking about?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 11:26:18 pm »
So do I, In GA, if only I could connect rocks and stuff to props. Then I could make the universe's first Photosapult!
*Pictures full-armour Photos going flying through the air, then landing on the dirt with a dust clound 60 feet away*

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 11:52:04 pm »
To infinity and beyond!  ;D

Yeah, that would have been awesome.  :)

Does anyone know what video I'm talking about?

The one with the Creature Stage Screeble living on a peninsula?

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2010, 08:40:12 am »
Does anyone know what video I'm talking about?

The one with the Creature Stage Screeble living on a peninsula?

yeah i'm pretty sure that's the one. God that got me excited...

EDIT: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7568551350470142686#

That's the video, i think. haven't watched it yet but i'm gonna
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:46:24 am by 762 »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2010, 03:13:04 am »
Believe it or not but over the last few weeks I have actually been enjoying Spore. I have been making adventures and even revisiting old games to try to get the achievements. I am not sure why but its not as bad as i remember it being last time I played it.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 12:23:03 am »
I never found the game to be bad, except for tribal which really was nothing worth looking at  I guess Civ was very basic but I found it ended the moment it got old I mean dead on the minute I got the super i win weapon used it and moved on. So that was perfect length Outside of tribal it wasn't a horrible game and every so often who doesn't like building something.

Given my time all over again I'd have still bought this game (heck only last weekend I got the C&C expansion for this game it was $8 so why not).

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 03:37:16 am »
The Creature Stage sucked totally. It lacked fun, something I think the whole game did, it lacked fun and challenge.
@davidramnero

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2010, 03:49:04 am »
The Creature Stage sucked totally. It lacked fun, something I think the whole game did, it lacked fun and challenge.

Or to cut your story short: It lacked game.

It was basically just editor with a test area.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2010, 04:26:44 am »
What are you talking about? The CS had the most "game" of all the lower levells.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2010, 04:48:40 am »
What are you talking about? The CS had the most "game" of all the lower levells.
No, that would be the cell stage. And even that grew stale after an hour or so...
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

gec05

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2010, 10:09:15 am »
The cell stage lived up to all it's expectations given by the GDC'05 video. That's why it's the best stage.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2010, 12:26:25 pm »
The cell stage lived up to all it's expectations given by the GDC'05 video. That's why it's the best stage.

It has nothing to do with the '05 version.* Cell stage was the most fun stage. Period.

All the other stages seemed more like editors with a big test area attached to them, except for the space stage which had its own flaws.

* Following this train of logic you could also say that the tribal stage was the best part, because there were no expectations for it whatsoever. Guess what, it turned out to be the worst of the five stages. (Followed by Civilisation stage, which also didn't have any expectations attached to it due to the lack of demonstrations.)

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2010, 03:18:12 pm »
(Followed by Civilisation stage, which also didn't have any expectations attached to it due to the lack of demonstrations.)
I actually liked the civilization stage. Did you try the economic path? Its completely different from the other two.