Author Topic: Classifed: Operation 1138((And possibly other stories))  (Read 4909 times)

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
  • Level 40: I got TENTACLES!
    • View Profile
Classifed: Operation 1138((And possibly other stories))
« on: October 31, 2009, 05:11:01 pm »
Happy Haloween everyone! And in honor of this evil holiday that's sort of sugar coated,((lol)) I have written my own horror story over the past month or two! This is just part one of I don't know how many, so I hope you enjoy. The main character, Arick, I have used in the pilot comic for "Eclectic", so you get a basic idea of what he's like after the incident. Give any comments, but please, ONLY CONSTRUCTIVE ONES. I'm tiered of people just saying "I hate this." If you want to rage, give a reason! I'll add on more to this description later, mostly because finishing this story has taken it's toll on my creativity today, so I have no clue what o write right now. Enjoy! Oh, and PG13 for violence, gore, detail, and sparse language.

CLASSIFIED:
Operation 1138

A Dream Factor
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A WEREWOLF STORY! WHEN I SAY HOWL, I DO NOT MEAN LIKE A WOLF HOWL! I MEAN A STRONG AND ECHOING HUMAN SHOUT/SCREAM!

The bright operation lab lights shinned oddly with their blueish green tone above the dead body of Arick, his body horridly mauled and ripped apart from his neck to legs. His hoodie was covered in blood and shredded on it's front where a design once stood, a suspected murder yet no signs of attack were found at the scene. The two doctors stood over him in their blue lab coats with masks and goggles, along with the other necessary anti contamination gear, one shaking his head, his shadow casting over the body. "I just don't understand how such a thing could be possible..." he said through his mask, his words echoing around the room in an ominous tone. "He has no pulse and he's not breathing, heck, even his blood's stopped... yet his eyes are still moving...like he's dreaming...he's supposed to be dead...the tissue is deteriorating yet his eyes still friking move..." he said, grabbing a small light and shining it into Arick's eyes to show the second doctor. His eyes moved rapidly, jumping from one place to the other like in REM sleep. The doctor let go of his eye lid and backed away, his footsteps soft but also loud. "It's just not right...." he said, looking to the second doctor. The other doctor looked him over and said "Maybe it's like they said in Medical school..the whole thing with the electromagnetic pulses still going after they die." he said, looking at his eyes once more. The doctor turned to his assistant, then saying in an annoyed tone "Yeah, that would be possible if he died only a few hours ago and while he was alseep. He's been here for three days, and he's still moving." The assistant jumped back a little, then leaning forward once more. "It's actually pretty creepy then...like the whole chest buster scene in AvP." The doctor placed his hand over his face, grabbing and pinching his nose bridge. 'Why did they give me the newbie? Why?'

ARICK'S DREAM/FLASHBACK((Experiencing this in the morgue))
Arick panted as he ran, stumbling on the rough city streets and trying to call for help, but his breath was to precious to waste. He tried to scream for help when he could, but his voice simply echoed around the empty city streets. The pants and thuds of the creature behind him echoed in his ears, cars whipping by as he raced past them, jumping over a few but avoiding most as they would slow him down. He ran as fast as he could, tripping and pushing trash cans to detour the monster, give himself more time to escape...and more time to live. The creature screamed, it's howl echoing along the empty city streets. 'The evacuation...I should have left' he thought to himself as he ran, clenching his teeth, muscles aching and agony ripping his hopes of escape apart. Suddenly, the creature leaped, landing just short of Arick, the wind from the impact nipping his heels, howling once more. He turned down and ally, running as his foot thuds echoed around him. He ran, hitting a dead end. He turned, the creature's silhouette running to him. He screamed, the creature leaping, pain shooting through him as sickening cracks were heard, ripping of flesh and blood splattering the walls. The pain increased more and more, soon fading with his vision and breath as the creature ripped him apart, as if looking for something. The creature stopped momentarily,  lifting it's head, Arick's vision blurring and greying, the echoing sound of a helicopter flying over filling the ally, the creature howling and running before it was seen. The chopper flew over, Arick gasping his last breath as it flew by, dropping rescue teams....

"Well, we'd better do a biopsy on the flesh...see what the heck killed him" the doctor said, Arick waking up from his vision he had experienced over and over agin for what seemed to be days, blinded by the lights as he woke from his comma. His eyes flicked around, looking as everything trailed along in his vision, pain numbing his scenes. The second doctor nodded, reaching over and grabbing a swab, a scalpel, and a small petri dish. The doctor nodded, taking a swab and wiping blood from his exposed flesh. Arick felt the delicate cotton, screaming in his mind. Eyes still flicking, everything distant. The doctor put the swab in the petri dish, then grabbing the scalpel. He leaned down, starting to cut a small slice of flesh. Arick tried to inform them he wasn't quite dead yet and he could still feel pain, coughing instead of speaking, the doctors looking up and jumping. "Greg...was that you?" the second doctor asked in a terrified voice. "Y-You sure it wasn't you?" Greg asked, looking at Arick. A raspy breath arose from his chest, the ripped flesh moving with his heaving chest. Arick moaned, slowly getting up. "HOLY #@$*!" The second doctor said, falling over and crawling to the wall, his eyes wide with terror. Arick, gasped, coughing, blood spurting onto his mauled chest, his body shivering with each raspy cough. He shivered painfully, blinking, his eyes still flicking around. The doctors looked on in horror at the dead coming back to life, jumping when he turned to them. "W...what happened?..." he rasped, fully sitting up and then falling off the hospital bed.

MORE IN NEXT POST
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 05:16:52 pm by Guilmon »

Awesomeness runs strong in the Greivi bloodline.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
Re: Classifed: Operation 1138((And possibly other stories))
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:11:50 pm »
A sickening crack filled the air as he hit the ground arm first. Arick screamed in pain, clenching his teeth and getting up slightly, leaning on the floor. "Y-you're supposed to be dead..." one of the doctors choked out, the other shivering. Arick moaned, pulling himself up. "I-I can only remember...." he started, eyes suddenly distant as he remembered the pain, the creature and going unconscious..the darkness of the alley. He shivered, asking his question once more. "Y-you were found dead in an alley...y-your chest torn open.." one of the doctors choked out, his voice quavering. Arick coughed once more and looked down at his chest, his legs nearly giving as he saw his mutilated torso, torn apart. "What the heck happened!?" he shouted, fully pulling himself up and stumbling, like a small child just awoken from a summer slumber. The doctor reached for his packet, grabbing a portable radio. "Red A-alert...sector 27, division 5, room 518...we need back up!" he said into the mike. Arick looked at them, getting back onto the bed in and awkward way, sighing as he laid down. "How in the heck did it happen...." he said, closing his eyes and occasionally gasping in pain. In a few moments, security officers burst into the room, seeing the shaking doctors and the body on the table. "What's the problem?!" the head officer asked, looking at the body, suspecting it was all a joke.

Arick gasped in pain and raised his head slightly, moaning and dropping his head once more. The security officers all jumped  little, then signaling to move in. "He told us this might happen...." one said, taking the back end of the table. The officers, rolled Arick down the hall, leaving the doctors to boil in their terror. The moved quickly up the building, keeping pistols ready to shoot at the living dead as they navigated the twisting and oddly lit halls. They soon arrived at the top floor, rolling the bed into a large room, then moving out. Arick raised his head slightly looking at his surroundings. A large room, shadowed and filled with artifacts, along with some strange technology. Arick moaned as he saw a door in the back corner, dried blood around the openings, as if some sort of horrid torture was being held in such a room right now. A man walked out of the shadows, smiling as Arick painfully turned over. "Good evening, Mr.Jallot. You're probably wondering what's going on. Let me explain." he said, Arick sighing and laying back down, giving a huge and shuddering cough. "Rest easy, Mr.Jallot." the man said, walking to a computer and typing something quickly. Arick managed to push himself up, grunting and groaning. "You see..." the man started, making Arick lay back down, trying to make him relax, then sitting in a chair.

"That creature that mauled you a few nights ago was actually a special breed of ...well I'm not allowed to say...but ....a bit of...I'm sorry but it's classified...." he said with a smile, Arick starting to feel the pain fade. "You see....these...breeds...if you can hardly call them that... are...like an obedient dog...in a way, the perfect working machine. We use them for many things, such as...errands...perhaps...classified. And like all other creatures on this dustball of a planet, our breeds age and grow so eventually we have to... replace them..... Every time one of them grows old and passes it's time of...it's time, we send them out and they...can't say...sort of as a last assignment to ensure we won't kill them on the spot. But by the looks of it, it saw you snooping around when it was doing it's last mission and thought you were there to kill it, put it out of it's miserable excuse for a life... That's why it chased you...but we never expected it to maul the living @#%$ out of you." he said, still a little unsure of what was happening himself. "Although I don't recall that one.." he muttered to himself, rubbing his chin. Arick felt a little rage that they had let the creature just maul him, but he didn't care...he was alive once more...although dying was just like going into a comma...

"But, by the looks of it, you may be the next one of it...sort of. It was found dead this morning...so there's no other to find another except my personal breed, but she's not allowed outside." Arick's rage built, making him clench his fist. "Why the heck do you mean?!?" he yelled, pain starting to hit his finger tips. "You'll be one of them....but light....meaning you will be the cat amongst the lions, hunting the mice and deer." he said, folding his hands and putting them in his lap. "We can keep you alive..as we are doing right now...Our idiot doctors didn't know that... and give you steroids. You'll be as strong as an Olympic athlete and you'll live longer than any other human...with a bit of service as payment... Refuse our offer for you to work for us and we'll kill you once more, never to return to life...and we're not letting you out of here until you decide." he said, still smiling. Arick clenched his fists once more and stumbled off the hospital bed, his walk awkward and clumsy. "You can't do this to me!" he shouted, the pain intensifying. "We can, Arick." he said, his smile turning to and evil grin.

"YOU CAN DO T-" Arick started, then stopping and dropping to the floor in pain, a gasp of pain escaping his lips. He grabbed his hand, slowly opening up his fist, four bleeding slits in his palm where his fingernails had laid. He looked up, nearly screaming, gasping in pain and sheer terror instead as he saw his fingernails darkening and thickening, turning into...talons...He looked up in horror, a bit of terror showing on the man's face. "What have you done to me?" Arick choked out, standing up and stumbling near the left wall, nothing but a huge window actually, nearly falling once more. Arick screamed in pain once more as a large crack erupted through the air, the man jumping. Arick fell down onto all fours, his ribs growing and bones strengthening, talons on his toes growing out also, his mauled chest slowly closing as if being stitched by ghost. Another small symphony of cracks erupted as his feet worked their way to adapting...painfully....He panted, looking up at the man, rage and furry growing in his eyes. Another crack erupted, Arick screaming once more, crashing through the large window and plummeting through the  cool night to the streets below....

Arick was silent as he fell, pain clutching his throat. People from the buildings beside that of the "hospital" watched in horror as what seemed to be a man fell from the window, not a word piercing the air around him. 'So the evacuation was fake' he thought to himself, his chest now healed into a mangled scar beneath his ripped clothing. He braced himself as he hit the ground, pain shooting through him once more. He expected to go back into the comma that was death, but waited, opening his eyes as he saw he had landed in a crater...no...he had CREATED the crater when he had hit the streets, only a few bleeding cuts on his hands. He looked down, his body mostly healed, but now his skin a fading greyish tone. Fear seemed to fade slightly, nothing scaring him more than the fact he had been alive while his chest had been torn clean open. He staggered to the side of the street, terrified pedestrians screaming and taking pictures, calling the police and contacting an emergency ambulance. He approached a car, grabbing onto it's side view mirror, pulling himself up onto two legs, which felt as if he was trying to bend his back 90 degrees, horridly odd and painful. He groaned and looked up the the shattered window of the death trap of a hospital where the man stood, horror and anger on his face, then fading back to a smile as he radioed reinforcements, a plot streaking his mind. Arick groaned as he let go of the car mirror, letting out a small gasp as he lifted his hand from it, its metal now horridly bent...as if molding clay. Arick groaned as he staggered down the street, away from the hospital as horrified bystanders dialed 911 or threw rocks, trying to something. He ignored them, nothing but a blur as he walked, such a huge experience filling his mind with thoughts, his heart beating fast..as least...he thought it was still beating...

Night fell as Arick walked the city streets, eventually becoming less and less of himself and more and more of that beast who had first ended his life in the darkness of the nights. In the end, his skin had completely grayed, his eyes turning from the hazel they were to a deep amberish red, piercing and small pupils. His talons had fully grown in, dark gray and at least an inch long like an eagle's. He had hidden his face under his hood and his back had developed a bit of a hunch, standing on all fours the only way to rid himself of it. His toe talons had ripped and shredded his shoes, the wear and tear of the streets leaving him with less and less to protect him. His voice had deepened, and become more raspy, the coughing its becoming more violent, but further apart. Last but not the least bit terrifying compared to his night, his feet had grown a bit more accustomed to lifting the heel off the ground, like who someone would stand on their toes, along with the fact he had grown from 5"2 to 6"5. And although he had become more muscular, his human amount of energy still remained. He eventually grew tiered, his muscles screaming, begging for rest. He staggered to an alleyway, his gut begging him not too after his first meeting.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 05:28:49 pm by Guilmon »

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:12:30 pm »
   He stumbled into the alley, a stack of wooden boxes meeting his gaze. He walked over, plopping down onto the hard wooden crates, resting, sighing with his head back, the cool midnight air blowing across his face, his sense of smell now also enhanced. He lay, the sounds of footsteps soon filling the alley, making him reluctantly lift his eye lids and look down it's depths. Down the alley way, the shadows of a group faded from the darkness of the night to light of the moon, gang colors and clothing, their dumb*** clothes trying to look "cool". He rested his head once more, his tiredness overpowering his human fear of being attacked. "Hey...looks like a little kid wandered from his mommy! You shouldn't be out alone trick or treating!" the leader of the gang teased, cracking his knuckles. Arick raised his head, looking at them in a flat way. "Halloween is still a long time from now. No need to put that costume on early." another joked, a group of snickers echoing his joke. Arick felt a growl rumble silently in his throat. "I don't want any trouble..." Arick said, the gang laughing a bit at him. "This is our turf, kid. Get out or get ready to fight." he said, cracking his knuckles once more, along with his neck. "Good luck with that." Arick rasped, not quite thinking clearly. The gang looked at each other....unusual that someone would stand up to them...

The gang moved closer, surrounding Arick. "Listen, if you think we're just punks..get this..." he said, lifting up his sleeve, revealing a scar tattoo. "yeah...like the looks of that?" he said smirking. Arick narrowed his eyes. "You want a scar?" he asked, threateningly. The gang leader was a bit taken back, but returned to his fierceness. Arick lifted up the front side of his hoodie, revealing his scared chest, mangled and sewn back together as if by a sloppy shoe maker. The other members of the gang jumped back in disgust and fear. A string of cusses arose from them along with comments and gasps, the leader raising his hand for silence. They quieted as he walked foreword, ready to fight. The other member smiled and moved back around, trapping Arick. He turned, cracking his neck loudly underneath his hoodie, ready for the fight, the fading human part wanting to run, but the stronger and new part lust for the blood. He growled, ready to beat the living **** out of this dude.

The leader launched, running at Arick. Arick smiled as he ran at him, jumping at the last moment possible. He jumped over him, gasps and wow's following his inhuman leap. He landed clumsily on all fours, growling, teeth bared, his human mind new to this sort of balance, still telling him to balance like a biped and freaking out at his animalistic behaviors. He realized the new foot stance was perfect for pushing off for longer and more powerful tackles. The leader turned, a bit frightened by his animal like stance. "So we're going to be a little wolf for Halloween?" he teased, then yelling as he swung back his arm for a punch. Arick pushed from the ground once more, pouncing on the gang leader. He let out a huge howl, an inhuman roar, subconsciously wondering where the heck it came from... The leader and gang member screamed, the leader thrashing as he begged for his life. Arick howled once more and dug his claws into his body, the lust for his crimson blood overpowering. He grabbed his head, leaning in close. The smell of his rotting flesh choking the leader, then smiling. Arick then quickly twisted his head, a sick crack erupting through the air. He shredded his chest, the leader going numb and limp. He let out another yell, his increased lung capacity letting his shout run free. He growled, turning to the other members of the gang. They all shivered in his gaze, one slowly backed away, starting to flee, running for his life. Arick turned, crouching and howling once more, leaping to the building and then jumping in front of the fleeing wuss. "Wrong choice..." he hissed, cracking his spine with a quick motion, his eyes rolling into his head as he dropped from Arick's talons. Arick looked back at the gang members, fleeing from his wrath. Arick howled once more, his voice echoing through the city streets and beyond.

He lowered his head, turning to the dead bodies that lay in front of him, one's kill silent, the other a bloody murder plain in the starlight. He walked to his first kill, the human part screaming in horror at the gore, the other growing part actually chuckling.,. He looked back to his first kill, his human mind now coming back into power, the other submitting for now. "What the heck is wrong with me?" he hissed to himself, walking to the body. He looked around, then dragging it and throwing it easily into the dumpster, suddenly reminded of his human need for rest. He sighed and looked up, the moon bathed balconies inviting and seemingly a paradise as his new mind came back into power...for some strange reason. He quickly looked at the weak brick wall, digging his  talons into the wall with a little bit of work, pulling himself up quite easily. He mumbled something to himself and slammed his other hand into the wall, starting to pull himself up "I can't believe how I'm doing this..." he said to himself, climbing up the red stone wall. Digging into the wall felt a little uncomfortable at first, but he soon got used to it's odd feeling. After a few moments, he climbed onto a high balcony, the apartment within seemingly empty and quiet, like a grave yard. Arick sighed sat on the edge of the balcony, enjoying the night but terribly afraid he would fall as his new and old balance conflicted with each other.. 'I've never felt so...free...yet so trapped..' he thought to himself, looking at the city streets below. Suddenly, the sound of the glass door behind him sliding open ripped through the air, followed by a woman, her eyes filled with rage and fear, a bat ready in her hands.

Arick turned, backing up to the edge of the balcony. "Get the heck off my property!" she shouted, her hands clenched tight around her bat, ready to swing and end his life. "Hey...wait a min-" he started, stopping, jumping back and yelping as she swung her bat, Arick misjudging his leap, falling to the ground off the balcony. "NOT AGAIN!" he shouted, cursing before he hit the ground, another sickening crack. He groaned as he got up, flipping the lady off.  He brushed himself off, gasping in pain a bit when he hit a bruise. He looked for a place to rest, only to hear the sirens of the police. He looked up, the woman looking out over the balcony, speaking quickly into the phone. Arick gasped and started to run, stumbling as he tried to go the human way. The sirens grew closer as he stumbled, eventually banging his head on a trash can, immobilizing himself as the police arrived.

Arick tried to get up again as the police car rolled up, the officers running out of the car and the sirens blaring. "FREEZE!" they said, the headlights right on Arick. 'Oh geeze...' he thought to himself, raising his hand and looking into the bight light, nearly blinding him. The the officers ran up, shoving Arick o the ground and cuffing his hands. "You have a right to remain silent as-" the officer started, then looking curiously at his talons. "Sir...why are you wearing fake nails?" he said, tugging at them lightly. "Their NOT friking fake nails..." he hissed, feeling the human mind submit, possibly forever as the new mind grew into control. The police was taken back a bit. "Sir, we're going to have to ask you to take a breathalyzer test." he said, the other officer grabbing it. Arick hissed as they moved it to his mouth, then blowing in. The first officer looked at it, then jumping back in surprise. "Jonathan! It's like he's been drinking pure preserving alcohol! No wonder he jumped from a balcony! Sir, please step into the vehicle at once." he said, leading Arick to the car. "I won't go." Arick hissed, stopping abruptly. The officer shoved him a little, trying to move the bloody murderer. "I WON'T GO!" Arick howled, his new mind taking full control of his actions. He quickly broke the cuffs, part of the metal cutting an officer in the head as it flew from his talons. They broke like little plastic rings, easily as he turned, growling at the wounded officer and his partner. "WE NEED BACK UP! WE NEE BAC-" one officer stated, then stopping as Arick screamed, pouncing on his new victim, pinning him down. "GET OFF ME!" he screamed over and over again, the other officer stumbling for his gun. Arick turned, the officer ready with his gun. He got up slowly, then smiling as he turned and ran on all fours, panting as he escaped the city. "Forget the old...learn the new..." he hissed as he ran, disappearing into the rising mist. The two officers looked off, shivering in terror.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 05:15:47 pm by Guilmon »

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 05:13:00 pm »
   Arick ran through the city streets, his minds balancing. "What the *$&# is happening to me!?" he howled, his human mind jabbing in. He shook his head, digging his claws into the ground and running forward, trying to escape the concrete death trap...no place for someone of his kind... He used the walls and other buildings, like a free runner on steroids. hat seemed to be an incredible human feat was now nothing more than crawling compared to what he imagined and felt he could do. He ran down the city streets, passing people as a blur, the buildings thinning and houses becoming more sparse as he approached the highway, car squealing to avoid the monster. Arick ran the ways, hopping on the occasional car until he arrived at the coast, the morning sun starting to flow over the horizon.

"Off we go!" Arick shouted, jumping off in a roll of a truck he had hitched a ride on, hitting the soft sand of the ocean's bay. Arick walked slowly to the water's edge, his shoes now completely gone along with the bottom cuffs of his pants. He sighed a bit, standing on two legs as the mind shifted back into integrity, letting him chose his fate, which mind would rule. 'What have I become?...Killing people...surviving inhuman falls....' he thought to himself, the cold water sending a shiver up his body. He looked at his hands, shaking a bit from the pounding of the last few hours. 'What would I do? I...I could go back to the city...clip off these talons...claim my hunch is a birth defect...but what about my lust to be...to be free? I could...I could run...go wild....' he thought, looking closely over his body. He looked at his hands once more...'Weak and trapped....or...' he started, a growl rising in his throat. "Free." he rasped, clenching his fist. He yelled once more, his call echoing along the smooth waters. 'Free...' he thought once more, walking down the coast. He smiled as the new mind grew into power, engulfing his human mind...no longer sane at heart...

Arick spent the day walking the coast, his human mind growing farther and farther, new intelligence and skills filling his soul. His hind talons were polished by the abrasive sand, reflecting the morning sunlight. 'Gone from a pathetic human to something more in a single night...' he thought to himself, still smiling. A particularly large wave hit the shore, Arick flicking his head and jumping in a fraction of a second, the salty wind holding him in the air for a few moments. The scents hit his nose, his shortened reaction time making the world seem slower, the lift seem lighter, and the entire world seeming to open up a whole new part, hidden and dreamed about by all humans...but impossible to discover. Yet Arick wasn't a human...that explained it...., He closed his eyes for the moment, then landing in the wetted sand. Arick looked to the sun, bleeding the ocean red, a bit of sound catching his ears over the crash of the waves. He turned his head, a new thought catching the jagged walls of his mind....'Just why did I come back?...' he thought to himself, wondering what it was about that creature's merciless claws that saved him."Why?" he muttered to himself, losing consciousness to his thoughts, drifting into deep thought. Suddenly, a flash appeared beneath his eyes, filling his vision and blinding his senses. A few scenes unfolded, his breath becoming hoarse and short.

((FLASHES))
"This will be a great idea! We'll get millions! Who could resist a steroid that gives superhuman performance!?" a voice echoed as a blurry conference room flashed, different thoughts also echoing, but distorted. "Begin the research right away then." another voice echoed, familiar to Arick.
A Research lab flashed, vials everywhere, testing chambers, syringes, and many more details that wouldn't stick even though he paid close attention to them.
"The project was a failure....I'm sorry..." a voice echoed as the flashes stopped, filling the darkness. After a few moments pause, it echoed again. "Wait...wait...WAIT! JOHNSON! JOHNSON COME LOOK AT THIS!" it shouted, a vision of a few cells under a microscope filling the blackness. "It's...organic cells...."
A few flashes showed people arguing, the cells, and the lab once more.
"Maybe this doesn't have to be a steroid...."
"Develop it right away..."
"But sir....develop it into what!?"
"Something more....something to give pathetic humans a run for their money when it comes to the survival of the fittest...."
"Sir...wh-"
Arick felt pain as flashes and shrieks of creatures flashes. He saw their embryos, growing and changing, then shot in the head. Deformities of some lump of flesh, different evolutions of it, becoming what looked like a primitive form of the animal that had mauled him. It appeared once more, screeching as it was pulled away, deformed grotesquely, a gun pointed at it's head as it's shadow faded.
A room filled with carcasses and blood started to bleed through the flashes. The man who had start it all, looking down on a single beast, it's pinkish flesh covered in open wounds that still bled a deep color liquid. The man smiled, nodding as it fell to the ground.
"Just throw them out...they can't possibly survive without it...."
"Sir...we're having some problems." the voice echoed, the lab flashing, a few cages filled with the snarling beasts. The man turned to him, taking a taser and electrocuting the beasts, their shrieks sending a shiver of pain up Arick's spine. The voice seemed to send a feeling of rage at his actions. "What is it?..."
"Their DNA doesn't have a very strong immune system...and it's starting to break down on itself....their going to die or be ill for the rest of their life until they die of the effects......unless you could fund some research for a stabilizer...." He nodded.....
"Another defect...the DNA isn't stable enough...it keeps varying...."
"Raise it...lets see what monstrosity emerges..."
"But sir....it...wait...."
"They're living out there! They are a huge threat to human kind! This could be the black plague all over again! You have to do something!"
"A few lives are worth hat we're doing..."
"A few!? A FEW!? This is insane! You're INSANE!!! This is all insane!!! I'm killing these things once and for all! They don't deser-"
"The body might adapt if it's...."
   Arick gasped as he came out of the shock, rage and fear building. 'He did this....they did this...its...' he thought, trying to shake his head of the horrid sights that scarred him. He stumbled slightly again, a growl rising in his throat once more. He stood still for a moment, the smell of civilization catching his nose. He turned, a small town on the horizon. He lifted his head, the smell of meat making his mind pull him towards the source. He walked slowly along the sand that turned to leaf litter, sniffing deeply, trying to wipe the smell of fear and dying beasts from his mind. He walked along, the occasional rocks nothing but a small bit of pain rather than the paralyzing shock a regular human would receive. The town grew closer, the smell becoming that of frying meat, Arick's stomach growling for some of it's delicious flavor. He wandered nearer, soon completely forgetting he wasn't quite the kind of person who could blend in with a crowd....although now it was actually just a matter of caring about the reactions....and he didn't give a %@#$ about that right now.
   Arick followed his senses, soon arriving at a small crowded dinner, looking up and a bit unnerved by the fact he struggled to read the neon sign.  'Brad''s Burgers' it said, the lights hurting his eyes slightly, his pupils closing more to keep out the excess sunlight. Another thought hit him as he walked to the door....Why didn't he just kill to get some meat? He was a super human zombie...thing..Why should he have to buy meat? "Because I don't want to attract attention right now..." he growled to him self, sticking his hand in his pocket, pulling out a small amount of folded green paper and metal circles, then remembering it was 'money'. "Stupid trade system..." he growled, pushing open the door to the restaurant, nearly jumping and attacking as a bell rung through the air. He growled once more as he remembered shopkeepers put bells up to hear customers come in. He lowered his head and walked to the counter, met by a husky man in an apron, feeling the weight of eyes on his hunched shoulders.

"What can I get you?" the waiter asked him, wiping a dish with his greasy apron. "Just some raw meat...as much as this can get...." he said, his voice raspier as he spoke lower, making sure to keep his hood over his eyes. He slid the contents of his pocket across the counter, quickly and swiftly so his claws could not be seen. 'Why not just go on out? Steal the meat...you're not bound by anything..' he hissed in his mind, conflicting on wether to attack or not. The man looked down, counting the money and then looking back up. "This will get you about 3 pounds of meat. You sure you don't want it cooked?" he asked, putting the money into the cash register. The question struck Arick by surprise. 'Cook...it?' he thought, then shaking his head. The man shrugged, going to the back and bringing back a wrapped package, the smell of raw steak making Arick's stomach growl again. He nodded, quickly grabbing the package and leaving the dinner, back onto the sidewalk, the sound of mummers behind him.

He walked a little ways, then turning down an alley, stopping and sitting beside a dumpster that stood near the end, the end of the alley opening to a street. He glared with hunger, ripping open the package. Met by 3 steaks, Arick started to drool, realizing he hadn't eaten in days. He picked up the the top piece, biting into it hungrily, it's juices delicious, otherwise repulsive to humans. A group of snickers and mummers echoed down the alley, a group of five or so young boys meeting his gaze. His muscles tensed as he felt a growl rise, something about alleys and gangs this week..."Hey! You're not from around here...an' that's the local dinner...see the connection?" one said, pointing down the alley as the moved forward. "Think I care?" Arick hissed, a few of the boys jumping slightly. "This is our town, so pay attention. First rule; we-" he stopped, looking at the raw steaks. "Dude...that's going to kill you eating it raw!" he said, revolting a bit. "Leave me the @*#& alone." he growled, ready to launch at them, turning and continuing with his steak.
   "Thats disgusting!" one boy shouted, turning to keep from throwing up. Arick growled as he ate, soon devouring it. "He's a mad man! We've got to tell the cops!" the leader shouted, turning to run. Arick raised his head quickly, going into the hunting crouch, howling and leaping, landing in front of the boys, standing at full height. They shook with terror, stumbling and starting to scream. "You can't tell them....he'll find me...." he hissed, approaching them slowly. One boy start to make a break past him, Arick's reflexes kicking in. He felt a pang of terror as he realized what the reflex was. His arm lashed out, grabbing his head and cracking the neck, falling to the ground limply. The boys screamed in terror, running out of the alley. Arick howled..remembering he was not bound by the law system or by the morals of humanity. He felt a slight grin, then turning to the dead child. He felt a pull, crouching and sniffing.

Arick lightly bit into the flesh, warm and soft, a bit stringy, but filled with flavor and juice. The skin a bit tough and flavorless, but the meat near the bone mouth watering and savory. ((DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW THAT! I AM JUST IMAGINING!!!)) Arick felt a small rumble of delight, digging in, eating the corpse. 'Eating human flesh....now this is the life...' he thought to himself, rolling onto the ground and eating in large mouthfuls, hungrily gulping it down. The sounds of the fleeing boys faded, leaving Arick to eating, his hoodie starting to become bloodstained in a few places. After finishing, he looked at the remains, obviously too much to eat. He was about to dispose of it when a thought hit his mind. 'My presence....must be know...I need to be feared...' he growled in his mind, standing up and walking back to his steaks, wrapping them and stuffing it into his hoodie pocket for later. Sirens started to fill Arick's ears, smiling as he climbed the wall of the alley.
   He was hit by sunlight as he reached the roof tops, seeing the police driving down the road. He grinned, human joys of freedom tainting, then rushing off across the roofs. The streets whizzed by as he ran, jumping and clawing the ground. Shingles flew behind him, dust stirring, a howl rising in his throat. He let it lose, running faster, the edge of town within his grasp. He gave a final leap, just about to go back to the roads, his vision suddenly going black as a pistol shot rung through the air, gasps of horror and screams as the air rushed past his face, pain shooting as he hit ground, deafening silence going through his mind. He opened his eyes, vision gray, trailing, blurry, and familiar. '...*$%#..' he hissed in his mind, paralyzed by pain.A figure walked down the path of his sideways world, Arick blinking to clear the pain. He struggled to open his eyelids, vision returning to a pair of shoes, the light fading.

"You have a choice, Mr.Jallot..." a voice said, pressure on what he thought was his shoulder as his vision turned, concrete turning to sky. "We have the cure for the infection...we can save you now with the steroids and the cure...or you can die...a horrid and lonely death..." the man said, looking down casually with a bit of seriousness at Arick.  Arick gasped with pain, coughing up blood. Arick glared up, his eyes growing dimer. The moment seemed t go on for centuries, Arick thinking deeply. 'I can be human again...I can go back to that...' he thought, his raspy breath echoing around him...'Or I can...can be...' he thought, breathing in heavily for his last words, the blood welling in his throat. "Go...die...in a hole...." he hissed, losing consciousness....dead...

PART 2 COMING SOON
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:30:39 am by Guilmon »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 05:21:16 pm »
Looking good so far, but....

Mind if I go through and proofread it? You've got a few grammar errors and a couple of confusing sentences.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 05:21:54 pm »
Sure....just tell me what they are and I'll change them.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 05:39:04 pm »
Wow... Awesome story.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 10:48:11 pm »
There's now a new and revised version here. Bit different plot, more character, and more conflict!

http://silverkit1138.deviantart.com/art/Classified-Operation-1138-1-5-148527324

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 09:21:43 pm »
I've got another one! here's the first bit I've gotten so far... Very rough...

Matthew Alan stood outside in the winter city air, looking up at the towering buildings and grayed blue sky as the local seagulls flew swiftly through the wind. His face was blank as he wondered, just staying in the moment as people walked around him, many thoughts on his mind, many of them about this months rent and bills. As someone in a brown coat shoved past him, he snapped out of his daze, shaking his head and digging his hands deep into his pockets, walking home and ignoring the cold air. Everything went by as a blur, the winter cold nipping at his face and ears. He picked up the pace, his apartment building soon coming into view. "Finally..." he muttered to himself, his thick grey blue jacket just barely keeping him from the winter frost. He started into a jog in order to warm himself up , soon racing up the black metal stairs, taking out the keys to unlock the old and ragged door((The weather in the city had taken it's toll on the door and the rest of the apartment complex). A little jiggling and it opened, Matthew quickly diving in and shutting the door, hoping to keep the apartment warm. "Hey, Matt." his girlfriend Tresha welcoming him, accompanied by Matthew's African Grey parrot, Marcus, bouncing up and down on her shoulder. "Hi!" it said, raising one foot, and repeating the phrase three more times before resting on Tresha's shoulder once more. Mat smiled, hanging up his coats and hugging Tresha, a little peck on the cheek. "How was work today?" Tresha asked, putting Marcus down on the table, then pouring some coffee for the both of them. "Ahh... The same old usual schedule... But we got a new guy today." he aid, pulling up a chair and sipping from his mug, the coffee warming every inch of his body. "Oh really?" Tresha asked with interest. She had always wanted to know about the new people, considering she knew a little about computers, and thought about joining Matthew at work. She listened carefully to the newbie's skills, comparing them to hers, but usually disappointed when their skills ranked far higher than hers. "The only thing is that the kid doesn't listen to anyone... He just keeps on going like we're not there... It frustrates me to no end." he said, remembering the new guy messing up with the number of copies for a project, ending up with 1,000 rather than 100. He sighed at the waste of good paper, then changing the topic. "How was your day?" he asked, sipping coffee, Marcus starting to bounce again, squawking in rhythm. "Nothing much... I went back to the volunteer service, and I helped out at that cafeteria down the street... The day was just a blur..." she said, slightly chuckling, Marcus then making a farting noise. the two of them smiled at the parrot, the room going quiet other than the parrot's acting, starting to sing a few songs from the Television. he started to whistle the "House" theme song, the two of them laughing slightly at the parrot's attempt to cheer them up. "Perhaps we should bring Marcus down to the park in the spring, let him get some fresh air, entertain a few kids, and make a few other people laugh..." she said, Marcus tilting his head and starting to sing bits and pieces from the "Monk" opening instead. "I'll look into that..." Matthew said, finding actually quite hard to imagine Marcus in a harness at the city park. He smiled, finishing his coffee with a little jitter, then washing out his mug and Tresha's, Tresha in the meanwhile putting Marcus back in his cage, the parrot still singing theme songs.

The rest of the night, Matt forgetting his worries as they two of them sat on the couch, underneath a green comforter, watching some T.V., the African Grey continuing to sing to things it recognized, at one point, shouting "HUSH." over and over again to the commercial, Matt and Tresha cracking up. The evening went fast, night soon coming, the two of them climbing into bed, Marcus going to sleep as well. "Good night..." he said, giving Tresha another little peck, then snuggling down to go to sleep, the lights outside lulling him to sleep. Another thought hit his mind, jolting him awake. The rent... The bills... he thought, a groan in his throat. Paying both would leave him broke, and he wasn't getting payed until next week, and that wouldn't be enough to restock. He rolled over, looking at the ceiling, wondering what he should do. He could do some volunteered work... Like something he'd find in the newspaper. he thought of possibilities, groaning slightly, then rolling over and falling back asleep, glad there wasn't work tomorrow. Vision faded, going to sleep and dreaming. He was disturbed throughout the night by dreams about loosing the apartment, dreams about Marcus flying away, only to be caught in a jet plane engine, and most disturbing, dreams about a hospital room, just one window, the entire world passing quickly beside him, days and months passing in seconds. he tried to scream for help,  but his mouth was sewn shut, blood welling from his lips.

Matthew awoke with a start the next morning, panting slightly while he rubbed his head. The memories of last night came back fast, reminding him of his worries and fears. he sighed, getting up and getting dressed, then stepping outside as Tresha slept. The cold morning hit him, making him shiver. His breath fogged below his face, urging him to get the paper and get back. He ducked and walked down the stairs, the metal clunking below his shoes, the bottom cement hitting his boots with a thud as he started off in a jog. He walked quickly and swiftly, making sure not to trip anyone, then turning to corner, seeing the blue and green newspaper dispensers. He sighed slightly, unhappy it had come to this, then walking over. He inserted the money, shivering as he touched the cod metal, lifting the lid, and returning to the apartment with the paper. He shut the door, keeping out the cold. He hung up his coat and took off his shoes, walking into the kitchen where the coffee maker stood. Making his morning brew, he opened the news, going straight to the "Jobs" section. he flipped through, seeing a few things such as "Baby sitting", "Maids", and even "Farm Assistant." He grumbled, seeing very few things that would pay good money. He was about to close the newsprint when another job caught his eye.

One week service is required at minimum,
pay is 250$ per day, with a total of 1 months work at max.
Any injuries or allergic reactions will be treated at no cost
1-343-016-2915, 81732 71st ave. and 23rd

Matthew thought for a moment, thinking of the pay. He smiled as he thought of how much that would be on the first week. $1,792 in one week... Amazing! he thought, rubbing his chin. He quickly clipped out the ad, placing it in his pocket. He smiled at the thought once more, his daze broken by Marcus singing "Good morning, bright faces, and a wonderful pancake!" he smiled, walking over to the bird's cage and feeding him, Marcus raising his foot and saying Hi. Matt stretched, then cleaned the apartment as he waited for Tresha to wake up. His mood seemed to improved dramatically ever since he read the ad, and throughout the morning he kept looking at it, smiling every time he saw it. As Tresha woke up, he greeted her warmly. "Morning, sweetheart." he said, hugging her tight. "You're in a good mood..." Tresha chuckled, getting herself a cup of coffee. "This is amazing!" Marcus said, flapping around in his cage. Tresha looked at the grey parrot, Matt smiling and bringing out the ad. "It is amazing..." he chuckled, letting Tresha read over. "I'm not so sure about this, Matt.... This is a clinical trail... Something really horrid could happen... Like getting sick, or even dying...." she said, worry hinting her voice. Matt patted her back, hugging her "Don't worry... We have the health insurance..." he said, Tresha and even Marcus going silently for a few moments, Marcus breaking the silence by shouting "I call the coffee maker." Tresha and Matt looked over a bit nervously, but then cracking up. After a few moments, Tresha smiled at Matthew, then giving him a kiss. "When are you planning to go?" she asked, putting her cup on the counter. "I was hoping for this week." he said, Tresha looking at him and smiling. "If that's what you want..." she said, still a bit uneasy about this. "I'll go check it out this afternoon... See what it's all about... I'll probably start my job tomorrow." Matt said, the evening going silent, the noisy parrot even sensing the dread coming off Tresha.

Later on in the day, Matthew got into his off green zip-up sweatshirt, his jeans jacket, and a nice, warm pair of pants. He said goodbye to Marcus and Tresha as he left, expecting to come back later that night. He started towards the garage, thinking about how far this place was, checking the address once more, but surprised to see small text below it.

Applicants please go to 2130 on 16th and Forshe

Matt raised an eyebrow, but glad he didn't have to use the car. he shrugged, then walking down the street at a nice pace, thinking about what he was to do with the extra money. Well put it in the bank, obviously. he thought to himself, rolling his eyes. He wasn't going to spend it in one fell swoop like some people he knew. He trudged down the street, the bitter cold making him think about wearing a turtle neck below his jackets, but the thought going from his mind as the address came into view, the building white and in good shape, surprised it had survived the weather. He shrugged, walking inside, met by a nice looking women at the front desk. "I'm here about the job ad in the paper." he said, holing out the small paper. She smiled, replying "Ahh... we knew someone would come. We've had those ads out for weeks, but nobody wanted the job ever since that man with the peanut allergy. He sued us." he sighed, turning to the computer and typing something up quickly. "If you could please fill out one of the applications over at that table, please." she said, pointing to a white table at the corner of the room. Matt nodded, then walking over, but surprised to see how dusty it had gotten, with very little marks on the table. He raised an eyebrow, blowing the layer of dust off, but coughing as the cloud drifted up towards him. He picked up a paper from a pile, and sat, beginning to write. As he filled out a few questions, he noticed one very light marking on the table, written with a little bit of blue ink, like in the one he was writing with. He read closely, his eyes wide with confusion as he finished it.

Westly didn't come back today. He said he'd be back soon. The desk operator thinks I'm filling out an application. I'm not. If i go missing, and I'm not back in one month, call 9-1-1 and destroy this place and organize my funeral.
-Ted Dreae, 1934

He realized the date on the writing, wondering what had happened. He shrugged, but the thought nagging at his mind. He finished the application, wondering why it had asked such questions as "How many relatives do you have?", and "Do you have any experience in law?", and even "Who lives within your household?". He remembered how weird these applications could be, then pushing the thought away. He handed in the application, the woman reading over, then smiling. I'll send this in. If you'll wait just a few moments." Matt was surprised. Just how many people worked here, and how could he be approved or disapproved within a few moments!? He sat in one of the chairs, wondering if Tresha was right. He waited, the desk attendant having to call him twice before him snapping back into reality. he blushed slightly as he walked up, the woman going through the computer quite quickly, then turning to him and saying with a slight hint of glee "Dr. Parks is in room 15 at the moment. please go and see him about the job." Matt nodded, walking down the hallway, then knocking on the correct door. "Come in." a voice sounded, Matthew obeying and walking in, seeing Dr.Parks looking at a few papers.

What do you guys think so far? (( Please D-aww if you like the Parrot))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:05:58 pm by Guilmon »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 09:26:59 pm »
So this is Morgan, not Reginald Parks, right?

Hint Hint, crossover ahoy!

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 06:04:19 pm »
Yes. He iz.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 03:01:25 pm »
News.

Everyone remember Zachary Quant from the Super Hero RP?

Guess who's there.

And Dr. Parks.

Woot.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 05:55:10 pm »
THE STORY. IS ACCOMPLISH.

Seriously, it's up now. The first 5 chapters are ready. In my "Heirloom" folder.

Over here --->http://silverkit1138.deviantart.com/gallery/#Heirloom

Please enjoy. Have fun looking at Zak. And Matthew. And "Daww" for Marcus.