Author Topic: Short-Stories.  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
Short-Stories.
« on: October 26, 2009, 05:29:41 pm »
I've decided to post any short stories I may write here, in order to practice my writing and jot down some of my ideas. Most of these are originals (Hopefully) while others are fan-fics, and a few might even be tied to The Octopus Theory. Post your thoughts please, along with any Criticisms.

I'll start this thread off with a really short one. It's weird yeah, but that's what happens when you read surreal web-comics before bedtime:

Meaning

In its dream, it saw mountains of green and blue, that broke through the sky and poked the stars. In its dream, it was a star, shining among hundreds of thousands, and in it's place on the sky, the star thought on the same question it asked in its waking hours, and even asked it's many brothers and sisters the same question:

"What is the Meaning to MY life?"

They shook their heads, for no answer came, and it then floated down unto the blank earth in its waking form, floating through expansive gray mists, meeting with shapeless fog like beings that spoke only in lies and riddles.

And it asked them one question, hoping to get at least one true answer from the talkative fog-men:

And the Fog-men grew silent, as once more, no answer came.

It floated up in the sky yet again, but the stars had hidden, with only a sun to fill up the blank, empty sky.

It then floated to the sun, which was proud and haughty, and hoped to get an answer from one who saw everything.

The sun stared at the Curious one for some time, and it assumed that it simply did not know the answer, as the shapeless fog-men and the stars did not. Yet, as it was about to float down into the earth, the Sun opened his mouth, and said, in a mighty, booming voice:

"When you worry on such trivial things, it means that you have only wasted your life."

At that, The Surgeon woke up.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:20:17 am by Snork »

Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: Short-Stories.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 05:40:44 pm »
You know, you could be a writer. I would buy your books. (So yeah, the story was great)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:50:49 pm »
The gas in the corridors must be getting to him. ;)

Awesome! Hope to see more. :)

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 06:57:06 pm »
Nice... Just so you know, you used the wrong version of its in the beginning.  Not to nitpic, but just for future reference.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 06:38:08 am »
Ah, thanks for that dndfreak! :)
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 03:37:25 pm »
This one is half-finished and half-arsed, and I have no plans on continuing it. Perhaps later, if people ask for that.

Alien Autopsy

Before starting to prepare the recently deceased Aliens corpse for autopsy, the ships Doctor took the time to observe the alien creature, intrigued by it's unusual appearance.

The Science ship had been performing a Research based Expedition to an Uncharted planet, and the crew were surprised to discover that the planet contained civilized lifeforms on most of it's surface.

After the all of the ship's Scientists had come to an agreement, it was decided that they would abduct several of the sentients on that planet for medical experimentation, and in the extremely slim chance that any of them survived there after, they would be sent to the Crew's home planet as slaves.

The Dominant species on the planet were not yet capable of space-travel, and as such, the crew wouldn't have to worry about starting a war between the two races, and could get to work on experimenting with on the fifty aliens they had beamed up.

However, they encountered a problem.

All of the fifty captives died on-board just shortly after being beamed up to the ship, and the Scientists were faced with a dilemma on what to do with the all of the alien corpses.

A meeting was set up, and after many heated arguments (Several of the Scientists simply wanted to eat the bodies) it was finally decided that they would be studied post-mortem in order to discover the cause of death, and to examine the internal biology of these creatures.

The Doctor examined the body that was laid out in-front of it on the table, and simply stood beside it for some time, not taking it's eyes off of the body.

The crimson light of the ship cast down unto the pale skin of the cadaver, and as the Doctor washed the corpse with a hose-like tool that had come up from the ceiling above them, it continued examining each detail of the dead alien with morbid curiosity; It had a simple, yet odd body design, consisting of four limbs (Two arms and Two legs, perhaps), a single head, and nothing else, and this struck the doctor as odd, as most species he encountered almost always had a bit more than that.

He then examined the creatures head, noting the features on the alien's face: Two opened, glassy eyes, a half-opened mouth, with several bony growths (Teeth) behind it's pale lips, and finally, a nose. The Aliens dead eyes reflected the crimson light of the ship, and were clouded over.

The Doctor reached out with one of it's arms, and felt the corpses scalp with it's four fingers (Two fingers and two thumbs), feeling the thin, tawny fur on it's scalp, which was absent on the rest of the alien's naked corpse.

Strange.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:39:17 pm by Snork »

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 08:25:33 am »
Cool excerpt. I like the perspective, makes it all very interesting, and the different mind-set the aliens have to Humans (Like thinking about eating them). Any others?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:02:50 am by Spudman »
"You will all suffer my sins, your oceans of blood will soothe my body and purify of it or this world which I have been born into. Your souls will merge with mine, your pain and fear and despair will drive my crusade!"

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 03:54:52 am »
If I get any more Story Idea's I'll put them here. I seem to be having Writers block though.

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 05:06:02 am »
Why do you capitalize random letters? I do notice you do it with Nouns more, though.
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 11:03:26 am »
I think it's when he pauses trying to come up with the right word for what he has to say.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 04:10:21 pm »
Blah, go sue me :P

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 04:12:16 pm »
unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with egyptian law.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 04:20:13 pm »
well here in egypt we throw stones at people.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 04:21:05 pm »
in that case, of course I'll sue you.  it sounds like fun.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 04:21:38 pm »
lets hold hands.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 05:30:20 pm »
You're egyptian? Huh. (Yes, I just checked his profile now)

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 05:10:32 pm »
lets hold hands.
Yeah that'll definitely get you a stoning.
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!