2 (13.3%)
Not a galactic threat but definitely a force to be reckoned with
9 (60%)
A minor annoyance
1 (6.7%)
About as scary as a kitten...
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: [RG] The Core Combine  (Read 30497 times)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
Re: My new creature!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 07:09:08 pm »
//Accessing Core Data Files//

//Accessing......//

//ERROR! password required// *hacks*

//password accepted...please present genetic identification//

//ERROR!...genet-// *hack* *hack*

//Accessing Core Leadership Files//

//WARNING! Data corruption detected files may have been tampered with//

One of the most mysterious aspects of the Core Combine is its leadership, there is little public information on how the Core Combine actually organizes its hierarchy, from an ignorant stand point the Core Combine actually seems to operate on a strange scale of perfect order to borderline anarchy, however anyone who has studied the Core extensively knows very well they are MUCH more organised than they appear.

//Leadership Caste//

The Skrall- The Skrall are the de facto leaders of the Core Combine, a highly warlike race that originates from the swamp world Felron. They are possibly one of the most ruthless alien species in the galaxy incredibly warlike, arrogant to the core, and honestly.... downright unpleasant to talk to. They are basically ones responsible for the destruction of many pre-interstellar and early interstellar races that inhabited the area around their home sector and beyond. However what truly makes the Skrall hated and perhaps feared is the brutal assimilation process they call Skrallification, a procedure they use to enslave any species they encounter Skrallification genetically and cybernetically enhances a race all while brainwashing them to  be unquestionably loyal to the Core Combine. Appearance wise, Skrall look like grey skinned slugs with three eyestalks and tentacle like manipulators at the sides of their mouths.

//Warlords and Raider fleets//

Even the Core realises the value of rewards, and thus soldiers have a ranking system all their own, Core soldiers who have proven their prowess in combat multiple times may gain certain favor with a  Skrall commander, in some cases the Core soldier will receive cybernetics and some more genetic enhancement and be promoted into a warlord

Warlords- Core Warlords are soldiers who have proven themselves to be above their kin, if they are somehow recognised they have the possibility of becoming warlords who are given their own personal battle fleet *often called a raider fleet* and are sent out to harass shipping lains as well as look for new worlds to conquer *like a privateer* *these raider fleets only start appearing AFTER the Core is introduced to the galatic community*

//The Overlords of Central Command//

This....THIS is the Core's prime leadership, next to NOTHING is known about the invisible hand that guides the Core Combine known as Central Command, also sometimes called the Overlords, any espionage attempt to track central command has ended in either dead ends....or the participants in the investigation dead..... All of the highest cast of the Core answer to Overlords and NO ONE ELSE. No matter how much two rival Skrall hate eachother they know very well the second they even draw a GLANCE from central command  then they better shut the F*%$ up and get back to work, central command is no nonsense when it comes to leading the Core, and they rule it with an iron fist DEMANDING complete, utter, hivemind equivalent obedience.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:58:48 am by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 07:42:47 pm »
neat! Keep it up! ;)
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 10:09:54 pm »
Interesting.

I like how they're kinda like the Combine from The Adventures of Gordon Frohman, only a lot more serious. :)

I especially like how the Gorak Units better shut up when the Overlords get angry.

Any info on their technology? :)

Anyhow, these guys would probably get along with the Barroc, if only Clockwork was still here? :'(

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 03:00:39 pm »
Wow theyre almost the same as the zrithig...

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4653.0
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 03:30:29 pm »
If you are implying that I am attempting to rip off or completely copy your creature I will respectfully say you are incorrect.
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 03:47:57 pm »
I don't think so.

I think it was just a clever way to advertise his creature >_>
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 04:05:41 pm »
Core Combine technology

Typically with the Core Combine, most of their technological development is towards the singular purpose of warfare. Any race that faces the Core Combine will likely immediately note their heavy use of gravity and anti-gravity based weaponry, especially in space battles. On the ground the Core mostly employs smaller amounts of graviton weaponry and mostly sticks to plasma and lasers.

Gravity Based Weaponry

As said before, in space battles, especially mounted on their starships, gravity and anti-gravity based weaponry are a common sight. From basic gravity missiles which create short burst of unstable gravity fields to the much more powerful devastator class graviton bombs, designed to wipe out the surfaces of planets and decimate fleet formations, the Core are one of the few masters of gravity based weaponry. (Aside from say, the Wexxians)

Bio-technology

Bio-technology is another heavily employed type of technology in the Core Combine, you can see it everywhere from the organic armored hulls of their ships  the bionic armor and enhancements on their slaves and soldiers to the many horrible genetically engineered monstrosities the Core employs, bio-tech is an integral part of Combine technology.

Hands down terraforming spores are one of the Core's most infamous weapons, responsible for permanent destruction of multiple exotic ecosystems and the assimilation of multiple species. Upon subjugation, or deployment of ground forces, the Core will rain down capsule like pods which upon exploding in the air will rain down terraforming spores upon a planet, once the spores have reached the planet they are generally nearly impossible to get rid of. The effects of the spores upon reaching a planet is the increased amount of vegetation and the transformation of animal life, the reason Core spores are so difficult to get rid of is because once the spores enter a plant, the plant biology will be manipulated to produce strange pod like growths which will create spores from them which will in turn infect more plants, upon making their way into an animal they seem to make their way to multiple parts of the animals biology from the brain to the muscle system, even the nervous system, the spores  begin manipulating the DNA its self, causing several changes in its offensive and defensive capabilities, as well as giving it loyalty to the Core. But that is only the beginning of the spores threat, for you see when inhaled by sentient the spores take a while to actually force any type of loyalty to the Core, so the spores instead have the lesser effect of encouraging sluggish behavior and if not dealt with soon could cause entire planetary population to lose their will to fight back, which makes conquest and assimilation much easier
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 08:59:31 am by SimplyNecro »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 09:17:04 pm »
This does all seem very plausible, and I like the idea of a gravity mine as well as the terraforming spores; those are rather ingenious.

But thermal radiation rifles that disintegrate stuff? That's just plain ridiculous. I know it's justified by the fact that you don't know much about physics, but here's a good idea: How about heat beams? A large starship-mounted weapon could rotate around and fire intense blasts of infrared light, melting and vaporizing things. In fact, the Vykusi(or Milika, I can't remember which) already have that type of weapon. Rifles could be laser rifles, firing invisible infrared beams.

Keep up the good work! It's great to see newbies who put a lot of effort into their work.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 10:48:01 pm »
I doubt that you took the time to search for my creature, it was posted long ago, i just found the similarities to be interesting
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 01:28:32 am »
Very true to their combat philosophies! I like it! 8)

Keep 'em coming, SN! :)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 12:41:04 pm »
To UFOKing- Heat beams would work but I am just to lazy right now to edit the post properly

And for a usual question.....what do you guys think should be next?

There is some more culture I could post, maybe just a bit more technology I could update, or I can get started on the history, or maybe start or join an RP
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:43:44 pm by SimplyNecro »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 05:07:56 pm »
Homeworld, if you may! :)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 05:52:17 pm »
If it is homeworld you wish.....it is homeworld you shall receive!

//Accessing Core data files//

//Accessing...//

//Files found!//

//Subject: Core Combine Homeworld: Felron//

Felron... the Core's homeworld, of all the things they have constructed, Felron is the best representation or Core's endless hunger, their endless need for resources...no not need...GREED, in a way its also a representation of what the Core has become. It is the equivalent of a being kept alive only by machines, the air is artificially filtered, and bio-machinery runs deep down into the planets surface, it is even said the planets core is artificially maintained, Felron was once a lush world but now the sky is constantly blackened by the smoke of pollution, and the spores constantly emitted by the thousands of bio-factories on the surface. When you land on the surface of this world, and take your first breath it is as if the very air is toxic threatening to take over your mind, a combination of poisonous vapors as well as the hypnotic effect of the spores taking hold of you. Felron does indeed have vegetation, but it looks as if its poisoned and dying. Why the Core even bothers keeping this world going is beyond most races, however it is the closest thing to a homeworld they have, it is also one of the largest production centers in the Core Combines empire as well as a large center for information, and generally the center of their empire.

Felron used to have rings, but they have long bin mined clean from orbit, from space the planet is a dirty brownish green color, which is the same for its oceans, the planet is surrounded by large space stations taking material from other worlds and is essentially under constand guard with the Core fleets always looming over it watching for any threats, the planet also shows signs of constant storms and winds kept only at bay via artificial weather control.

Imports- there are no imports worth mentioning, mostly basic things.

Exports- War materials, Genetically engineered beast of war, spacecraft, and is also rumored to be a major center to the galatic black market *after the Core is introduced to galatic community.*

//Felron Defensive Systems//

Felron not only has its fleets to defend it, there is an uncountable amount of defensive weapons both in orbit and on the ground, Nearly all of the space stations on Felron have gravity railgun platforms on them, as well as turret mounted gravity beams... making a frontal assault on the planet hell for the attack force, on the ground it does not get any better, Felron is basically one big gigantic group of military installations, combat bunkers, and war trenches, there will be NO event when the attack force is able to rest, they will be attacked by wave after wave of Core soldiers and slaves non stop 24/7, and in Felron's few swamps which have not been drained or poisoned, there are countless amounts of large and deadly wildlife, all which is loyal to the Core Combine. In fact talking about landing on the planet is basically already getting ahead of yourself, as on the ground exist a second line of defence of militarized tractors beams that can pull landing craft and large ships speeding down into the surface towards predesignated "crash zones" or simply send them crashing into eachother...

//End of file//

((Little bit short but that is basically the Core homeworld a sick, and twisted combination between polluted wasteland and a strange dying yet still thriving environment))

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:32:12 pm by SimplyNecro »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 06:32:34 pm »
For Geidi Prime! 8)

I just had to say that after reading that! :D

Wow, these guys really will get along with the Barroc Confederacy! Their homeworlds are both living hellholes AND overly industrialized! ;D

EDIT: For history! ;D

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 02:15:49 pm »
Despite the fair voting count and the fact that Yuu requested history, sadly I will have to put that particular thing on hold, WHY?! because as of right now I was making some final checks to the history and honestly their where just certain things I did not like so it probably will be a while before its properly posted

So to quench you hunger for now I will give you an alien sheet instead.....

....Soon....

Is it possible for me to get one of those Alien sheets I have been seeing, not the one up at the creature making recourses I ment the simpler one, because if you ask me it is actually more effective *in my oppinion*
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:41:11 pm by SimplyNecro »