2 (13.3%)
Not a galactic threat but definitely a force to be reckoned with
9 (60%)
A minor annoyance
1 (6.7%)
About as scary as a kitten...
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: [RG] The Core Combine  (Read 31066 times)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
[RG] The Core Combine
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:53:39 pm »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:31:41 pm by SimplyNecro »

Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: My new creature!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:02:01 pm »
Although your spelling is sadly lacking in quality, this does look very promising. Tell me, are these creatures part of the main galaxy? If so, you might want to check the Galaxy Map for further info. But please don't post there, it's dead.

Oh, and we already have one or two pseudo-undead creatures here, though they're technically parasites controlling dead bodies. It's still an original and creative idea, though.

As a final note, you should definitely read up on other topics, like the creature threads and the RPs. Good roleplaying is highly valued around here, so think about what you're going to say and try and make it as realistic as possible. And remember: No technobabble!
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 08:02:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum  ;).

I can tell you put a lot of thought in to your creations, I quite like the core combine.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:06:23 pm »
I think you can make technobabble if you explain what it means, like Karven Fields.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:15:44 pm »
GAAHHH SPELLING!!!!  :( :( :( :( :(

This what I get for relying on the forum spell check... I deeply apologize for the atrocious spelling, its a bit of a weak spot of mine and I will attempt improve upon it in later posts

Ahhhhh question time.....please enlighten me!

whats this whole Real Galaxy, Reborn Galaxy, Novus Cluster

30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:17:35 pm »
Get firefox. It has an awesome spellcheck that works as you write.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 08:50:24 pm »
Originally, there was the Old Galaxy. After a while people moved on to a new one titled the New Galaxy, but that project failed. So the Old Galaxy was revived as the Reborn Galaxy, which is currently the main galaxy. A little while ago some people started the Novus Cluster, which is a satellite galaxy around the RG.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 02:57:47 pm »
Well I have decided to go off with the Core Combine so I will give a more detailed description of some of there culture and technology *Which most is stolen*

//Accessing Galatic Data base......New files found!//

//Accessing//

//WARNING!...Data corruption detected, files may have been tampered with//

//Accessing Racial profile Subject: The Core Combine//

The Core Combine is a collection of marauding races all led by the Skrall a slug like race originating from Felron. the center of their territory lies in the highly lawless and longly isolated Ragona sector, a sector longly considered by more civilized races to be lost to endless warfare between the species that had long called it home, the Ragona sector however actually does indeed have a high recourse concentration which does explain why control was so highly coveted by the races that inhabited it. The Core Combine after so many years has achieved its goal of domination in the sector, almost immediately after the Core began an aggressive quest of expansion, conquest, plunder, and assimilation

//Culture//

The Core Combine operates under an incredibly strict hierarchy that is decided upon birth in the Bio-factories and kept until termination of life functions *usually* All Core Combine soldiers and slaves are genetically programmed to obey their demanding masters, which they do so without question, no Core organism, be they a feral, a slave, a soldier, or even one of their genetically engineered weapons or monstrosities can truly ever brake away from the Core their sense of individuality and free will long lost to them upon their assimilation into the brutal regime of the empire.

The Core generally separates its ranks into three types ferals, slaves, and soldiers

Core Ferals- Feral Core as they are usually found are probably the most various types of Core organisms, mainly because their appearance depends on the planet they are on, ferals are not technicly the Core's main military force, they are more like a side effect of the Core's occupation or assault on a planet, ferals are created when the Core rain down there infamous terraforming spores onto a planet, which proceeds to transform the planets ecosystem to suite the Core's needs, which usually involves an increased growth in vegetation as well as the obvious transformation of animal life. Feral Core like all casts are genetically programmed to obey higher ranked units, which happens upon transformation. Feral Core are incredibly difficult to get rid of mainly because of the side effect of their enhancements is a hyper evolved offensive capability and a highly increased reproduction rate, even WORSE is that even AFTER a Core invasion is beaten back, the genetically enhanced ferals may continue to harass the planets inhabitants for years to come, because of this worlds that are attacked by the Core and survive may takes years to heal the wounds they inflict and the ecosystem properly stabilized, which would involve the extermination of EVERY spore on the planet.

Core Slaves- Ahhh....the unfortunate and innocent races that Core deemed useful and numerous enough to be considered slaves, slaves make up the bulk of the Core Combines military force, obedient to the letter, versatile in function, and generally a penny for a million, the Core favors use of limitless cheap cannonfodder units to overwhelm their enemies with nothing but pure numbers. Slaves can be found all throughout the Core Combine, they are the ones who maintain the factories, the equipment, and are generally the first and certainly not the last wave of any Core invasion, outside the battlefield it is not uncommon for slaves to be constantly overworked, though actual industrial deaths are actually not as common as one might think, as  even Slaves are genetically and cybernetically enhanced to be able to increase their workload capacity. On the battlefield slaves are absolutely relentless and vicious, with absolutely no sense of self preservation nor an ounce of mercy towards the enemy, their common weapons are long fearsome looking battle claws capable of tearing materials to shreds, they are also capable of wielding ranged weapons but are generally clumsy with them, but again they make up with near limitless numbers.

Core Soldiers- Most of the times the sheer numbers and versatile functions of Core slaves are generally enough to bring most planet bound species and some starfarring empires down, but sometimes they just need that one last hammer to smash the nail on the coffin, The Core Combine generally sends out its warriors when they realize numbers just aren't enough to bring a foe down. The second a Core soldier is out of the Bio-factory he is immediately trained to be a cold hearted and merciless killer, there is no industrial position for soldiers, they know and love the fact they will probably die on the battlefield serving the cause. Their training builds upon their genetic programing which already makes them blindly obedient.

//End of file//
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:58:38 pm by SimplyNecro »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 04:24:06 pm »
I think that if this Ragona sector already existed in the RG and these guys were stealing from other races somebody would have noticed by now. Also, sector? They're called sections and squares, and they have names like G3 and A7.

Otherwise, this is a lot better than some other creations I've seen. I'm glad to see that you're not just posting a few pictures and one sentence of barely any information.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 04:41:06 pm »
The name Ragona comes from a Xerga translation which means warzone, and the it is isolated which is why the species that inhabit it give it its own name instead of comforming to the galatic societies naming system *that and I have not decided where I want to have them located so this is a bit easier for now*, as for their stolen technology when I post the history I state that the technology they stole comes from the races they defeated and assimilated during the three way war.

Think of it this way, a group of coincidently closely located races made first contact with eachother before making contact with the galatic community, them some stuff happens, and the three way war essentially stops all exploration, *which is my explanation as why they call it the Ragona sector, and why they have not instigated a war with pretty much every RP race in the galaxy*

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 04:56:18 pm »
The first thing that came to mind with these guys is "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE" XD

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 05:03:31 pm »
That brings a tear to my eyes Kitkat... :'(

I generally did not want to give them a very Borg feel.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 05:13:21 pm »
Then... oops... >_>

I didn't mean it as a bad thing...

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 05:17:02 pm »
NAAAAHHHH its ok!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hmm it appears leadership is winning...so I guess I will post that later

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 06:04:39 pm »
I like these guys. 8)

They're awesome! :)