Author Topic: Stargate Universe  (Read 20850 times)

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
Re: Stargate Universe
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 12:36:03 pm »
My friend and I are under the impression that we're done with the Main Story episodes and going to have Standalone episodes starting on next week's episodes.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 01:15:59 pm »
The last episodes was sort of a downer for me. Nothing really happed. Though many of the episodes can be sort of blamed for that at least we normally learn something about the crew or the ship. Here we learned that there plan would not work which we could already pretty much assume that it would not. The "Drama" part to center stage here but really was not saying anything we did not already know about the characters. We did not get any deeper connection with anyone of the. But i might be over analyzing it now.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 07:33:44 pm »
Yeah; all it really did was set up a motive for the one guy to get revenge by sleeping with the colonel's wife...
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 04:49:51 am »
Don't forget we also learned that Eli is a "nice guy" and girls are only interested in him when he is possessing another guys body from light-years away. :P

Also Eli sort of looks like he could be Seth Rogen's brother or something.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 06:06:18 am »
We already knew Eli was a nice guy :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 03:37:25 pm »
Time was really good. :)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 03:44:56 pm »
Time was a cop-out. I hate Time-Travel stories, especially when they are pulled off incorrectly... this one is pulled off so sloppily it sounds like a Star Trek Fanfic circa the 1980s.

Ignoring the time travel elements, it was a pretty good (if cliched) story in general. >.>
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2009, 12:46:59 pm »
For a time travel story i found it OK. I like how it was told. Generally i hate time travel stories with a few exception like Back to the Future.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2009, 03:41:48 pm »
I liked HOW it was told, but the ending, the paradoxes, and I dunno... the whole Time-Travel thing could have been pulled off better. I liked using the Keno to tell the story. They should do more episodes that involve the Keno showing parts of the story.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2009, 04:01:39 pm »
What paradoxes? >_>
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 09:01:18 pm »
Away team goes in leaves Keno. Alternate Keno A is found. Team never goes, so they never leave AKA. Instead they go in, die to the gliding chest-bursting things , and leave Alternate Keno B. Alternate Keno B with message on how to survive is left behind so that entire crew gets saved. Yay! Except.. now they have no reason to leave a Keno behind period, and no means to do it. Which means the whole process starts over again since no one went into the past to to leave behind Alternate Keno C and finish the cycle.

So AKA leads to AKB which leaves you right back to no Keno to find, causing the AKA scenario to replay.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 05:12:51 am »
Except!

A: They may have left a keno behind programed to enter when the solar flare starts up

B: Depending on how time travel works in this fictional world (And i am not sure how it work i must say.) Paradoxes like the Grandfather paradox can be resolved with MMI of quantum physics. I know that some shows actually indicates such.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 06:18:09 am »
At the last part the keno goes threw the gate and goes back to the past. They will find it with data on it and watch it and tells them to go out and get those creatures in the day

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 07:02:27 am »
At the last part the keno goes threw the gate and goes back to the past. They will find it with data on it and watch it and tells them to go out and get those creatures in the day

Yes.. that's the problem. They go there but they probably don't leave a Keno behind for anyone to find. It just creates a loop that goes No Keno to Keno A to Keno B to no Keno. Even if you subscribe to the Multiverse theory, it creates problems as well as disassociating the viewer with the "proper" timeline.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:33 am »
Thats always the problem with time travel and MWI. If we use the MWI then at least 2 expeditions have died. In fact is reasonable to assume that a infinites amounts of crews have died in a infinites amount of parallel Multiverses, which can make it seem a bit pointless.

This is sort of why i do not generally like time travel stories. For a time travel story this one was OK. But i hope that we skip time travel. This was only interesting in the way the story was told. In the past smiler stories have only been interesting due to showing alternative possibilities i think.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons