Author Topic: Stargate Universe  (Read 21146 times)

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
Re: Stargate Universe
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 08:15:03 am »
What a mistake to take this direction. But maybe some of the toddlers on this forum likes it better?

I hope you know you are implying that everyone who said they enjoy it is a toddler.

I happen to enjoy the series. I hang out a friend's house every Friday just to watch it (and maybe Clone Wars if it's on)

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 11:46:07 am »
But maybe some of the toddlers on this forum likes it better?

Well maybe its because I'm a girl and like my scifi mixed with drama, but i really like it. I love the stargate universe it is set in and I just cant let it go :'( Ive been fallowing it since the origanal movie and the first of the series started. I grew up with it and i cant imagine it being gone....... i know it probably a serous problem, but i will be a dedicated fan until I die.

I loved the movie, stargate sg1 and stargate atlantis series. But this new one has serious problems so far.
I love you Magenti, you are my hero!!
Kenobros confession!
Quote from: Kenobro on October 06, 2009, 01:41:48 PM
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 02:01:55 pm »
I agree with Magenti's prognosis, but not the manner in which he delivered it. You need to cool it with what you say.

Anyway, it's not as bad as I thought/expected it to be and I do enjoy a good drama but very little of what Universe does right now is "good drama". It's already starting to suffer from the underdeveloped plot, and the holes that they cause. I mean I'll watch it until it becomes unbearable, but that's mostly because of the lack of good SciFi/shows on right now. I wonder when Eureka's next season starts. >.>
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 02:23:09 pm »
Eurekas said somewhere in summer or spring of  2010 ;0

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 03:08:59 pm »
Battlestar Galactica with Stargates. I rest my case.

p.s. Not a BSG fan.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 03:52:53 pm »
I like what i have seen so far but i am a bit afraid they will not be able to hold me much longer.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 04:59:50 pm »
I like what i have seen so far but i am a bit afraid they will not be able to hold me much longer.

Yay we had sand monster and then flying into the sun and the doc going crazy.

Man.. how could they ruin such a great franchize.

I will continue watching the season out but not with enjoyment. I just want to see what the final twist will be.
Kenobros confession!
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 05:34:21 pm »
Ehh.... What are you debating with me for? Your comment seemed to have nothing related to what i actually said.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 06:19:40 pm »
Well as you said you do not think enough excitement in the show can keep you on. I am saying that I am only staying on to see the season finally because the show is pure garbage and is already not exiting in any way for me.

Needs more replicators.
Kenobros confession!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 07:01:41 pm »
I did not say that. I said that i am a bit afraid they will not be able to hold me much longer. That is a huge difference.

To make it even a bit more clear. I am afraid that the formula will get stale and they just keep on and on in the same manner. So far the mystery have manage to hold me (But i think they could have left a bit more unclear about the ship actually.) But if there is never going to be any development then I think i will get bored. If every episode is about them getting some resource that the ship suddenly lacks (plus in the end is shows that the ship actually manage to get the resource it self without the input of the crew, As in the light episode) then i think it will get old really quick. If they however unravel a bit of the mystery for each show that i think it can very well hold for a long time.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 05:03:30 am »
Well they havent been able to access the main computers yet and they have not explored the entire ships. They havent seen what were in those crates in the beginning either.
Kenobros confession!

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 06:32:33 am »
Well this is not Stargate Universe anymore.

Its Stargate 90210.
Kenobros confession!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 07:22:11 am »
Well they have not explored the entire ship because many sections are deadly having no atmosphere. Also note that there have been very little time with a lot of issues to actually hinder exploration.

It is to early to tell what is going to happen later on. A lot of things are in the dark for now. Also note i have not seen the latest episode.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 01:11:53 pm »
This series is kinda okay but getting old fast. I mean, they had a problem with air they had to fix. Then power. Then water. Now I know there's a potentially interest episode called "Time" coming up, but still. This is getting annoying.

I want some extended time on an interesting planet, or interesting (non humanoid, english-speaking, or dust cloud) aliens.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 11:16:48 pm »
Arg; every time Eli starts being a likable character, the writers screw it up by throwing in some gratuitous McKay-sounding line. They need develop him as his own character instead.

Drama is a useful story element; when well executed. SGU has some pretty bad writing in some scenes. It also doesn't help that some of the actors frankly can't act their way out of a paper bag. The dramatic scenes thus flow poorly with the rest of the episode.

I also find it a bit irritating that the writers assume that having Eli make Star Wars references will increase their viewership among SW fans; especially ones with such choppy delivery. At least when SG-1 made SW references, they were well delivered and were actually funny.

Still waiting for aliens as well.

Also, O'Neill seems to have lost at least 50 lbs since the pilot...
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).