Author Topic: Stargate Universe  (Read 20857 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Stargate Universe
« on: October 11, 2009, 08:33:34 pm »
The 1st episode just aired last Friday here in Australia. Has anyone else seen this yet, and if so what do you think? The series has only just got started so not a lot has happened yet will have to see over the coming episodes if this new spin off is any good. Remember to place spoiler tags the show is getting Fast tracked down here but I think there is still a week or so between when it airs in the states to when we get it.

Offline SerenityGrace

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate Universe
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:23:12 pm »
you can watch it up to date on hulu. I realy like it , better then Atlantis.
Go away now. You are boring me.

Click my frackin eggs! >:(

............. Pweese O_O

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:04:24 pm »
I didn't watch a lot of SG-A even started to get tired of SG-1 in the final season. Still I liked the feel from the pilot episode of this.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 08:48:31 am »
It reminds me of Atlantis more than anything else. I dunno... it's less Sci-Fi and more Drama. We'll see how it goes, and if I'll continue watching it.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 10:12:51 am »
I'm getting a Battlestar Galactica feel from it, which might be a good thing.  It'll be interesting to see whether they introduce an enemy for this series or just go with human interaction.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 10:20:38 am »
Reminds me a bit of Farscape.
That's a Very, Very good thing :D
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 01:19:12 pm »
I decided to follow this.

New to stargate, aside from the odd SG-1 episode.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »
Called the ending to last Friday's episode while watching the trailer for "Next week on Stargate" The Destiny is Solar Powered. Which makes me think more that Rush knew it all along if my cousin and I could work it surely he could. I hope the show doesn't end up having the plot be danger of the week be the ships way of fixing it's self and if they sit around and do nothing things will resolve them selves.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 07:35:04 pm »
I think its pretty good but alot of drama 0-0

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
This last episode left me with one resounding question:  Who shoots a cloud?  Seriously, I don't think word of cloud aliens had even gone out at that point, so the soldier saw a cloud, and then decided to shoot it, for no real reason.

And an observation:  Why is stranding an intelligent life form on a planet with the opposite conditions to those of it's native environment better than killing it?  Found in a hot, arid wasteland?  Let's drop 'em off on a planet where's it's so cold that waterfalls freeze!  They breathe the same air we do?  Good news, this air is made of poison!
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »
I think its pretty good but alot of drama 0-0

Yeah I have to say I'm kind of enjoying this series also like how so far it feels very different from the previous series which feels pretty refreshing. I've heard a lot of comparrsion to Battle Star Galactica (Calling it Battle Stargate) Seeing I never saw that much of BSG that doesn't bother me too much. Also there isn't much else in regards to new sci fi going at the moment.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 01:39:53 am »
And an observation:  Why is stranding an intelligent life form on a planet with the opposite conditions to those of it's native environment better than killing it?  Found in a hot, arid wasteland?  Let's drop 'em off on a planet where's it's so cold that waterfalls freeze!  They breathe the same air we do?  Good news, this air is made of poison!

Yeah seriously! I thought the same thing. I also wondered why they did not use the floating platform to get the guy out of the hole.

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 06:06:54 am »
Anyone other than me think they basically ruined the franchize with this hardly worth calling stargate spinoff series?

Every episode is just so boring it looks more like an episode of dynasty than anything else.

Seriously, what is with the drama ****? I want sci fi not this crap.

I gave it 6 shots and every episode just fails.

What a mistake to take this direction. But maybe some of the toddlers on this forum likes it better?
I love you Magenti, you are my hero!!
Kenobros confession!
Quote from: Kenobro on October 06, 2009, 01:41:48 PM
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 12:33:57 am »
I think it's OK. I wasn't really into SG-1 or SG-A, that was more my brother.

But, yeah, it's OK. If I didn't like it for some reason I just wouldn't watch it. Easy enough.

Offline SerenityGrace

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 08:14:10 am »
But maybe some of the toddlers on this forum likes it better?

Well maybe its because I'm a girl and like my scifi mixed with drama, but i really like it. I love the stargate universe it is set in and I just cant let it go :'( Ive been fallowing it since the origanal movie and the first of the series started. I grew up with it and i cant imagine it being gone....... i know it probably a serous problem, but i will be a dedicated fan until I die.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:17:52 am by SerenityGrace »
Go away now. You are boring me.

Click my frackin eggs! >:(

............. Pweese O_O

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 08:15:03 am »
What a mistake to take this direction. But maybe some of the toddlers on this forum likes it better?

I hope you know you are implying that everyone who said they enjoy it is a toddler.

I happen to enjoy the series. I hang out a friend's house every Friday just to watch it (and maybe Clone Wars if it's on)

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 11:46:07 am »
But maybe some of the toddlers on this forum likes it better?

Well maybe its because I'm a girl and like my scifi mixed with drama, but i really like it. I love the stargate universe it is set in and I just cant let it go :'( Ive been fallowing it since the origanal movie and the first of the series started. I grew up with it and i cant imagine it being gone....... i know it probably a serous problem, but i will be a dedicated fan until I die.

I loved the movie, stargate sg1 and stargate atlantis series. But this new one has serious problems so far.
Kenobros confession!
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 02:01:55 pm »
I agree with Magenti's prognosis, but not the manner in which he delivered it. You need to cool it with what you say.

Anyway, it's not as bad as I thought/expected it to be and I do enjoy a good drama but very little of what Universe does right now is "good drama". It's already starting to suffer from the underdeveloped plot, and the holes that they cause. I mean I'll watch it until it becomes unbearable, but that's mostly because of the lack of good SciFi/shows on right now. I wonder when Eureka's next season starts. >.>
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 02:23:09 pm »
Eurekas said somewhere in summer or spring of  2010 ;0

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 03:08:59 pm »
Battlestar Galactica with Stargates. I rest my case.

p.s. Not a BSG fan.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 03:52:53 pm »
I like what i have seen so far but i am a bit afraid they will not be able to hold me much longer.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 04:59:50 pm »
I like what i have seen so far but i am a bit afraid they will not be able to hold me much longer.

Yay we had sand monster and then flying into the sun and the doc going crazy.

Man.. how could they ruin such a great franchize.

I will continue watching the season out but not with enjoyment. I just want to see what the final twist will be.
Kenobros confession!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 05:34:21 pm »
Ehh.... What are you debating with me for? Your comment seemed to have nothing related to what i actually said.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 06:19:40 pm »
Well as you said you do not think enough excitement in the show can keep you on. I am saying that I am only staying on to see the season finally because the show is pure garbage and is already not exiting in any way for me.

Needs more replicators.
Kenobros confession!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 07:01:41 pm »
I did not say that. I said that i am a bit afraid they will not be able to hold me much longer. That is a huge difference.

To make it even a bit more clear. I am afraid that the formula will get stale and they just keep on and on in the same manner. So far the mystery have manage to hold me (But i think they could have left a bit more unclear about the ship actually.) But if there is never going to be any development then I think i will get bored. If every episode is about them getting some resource that the ship suddenly lacks (plus in the end is shows that the ship actually manage to get the resource it self without the input of the crew, As in the light episode) then i think it will get old really quick. If they however unravel a bit of the mystery for each show that i think it can very well hold for a long time.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 05:03:30 am »
Well they havent been able to access the main computers yet and they have not explored the entire ships. They havent seen what were in those crates in the beginning either.
Kenobros confession!

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 06:32:33 am »
Well this is not Stargate Universe anymore.

Its Stargate 90210.
Kenobros confession!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 07:22:11 am »
Well they have not explored the entire ship because many sections are deadly having no atmosphere. Also note that there have been very little time with a lot of issues to actually hinder exploration.

It is to early to tell what is going to happen later on. A lot of things are in the dark for now. Also note i have not seen the latest episode.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 01:11:53 pm »
This series is kinda okay but getting old fast. I mean, they had a problem with air they had to fix. Then power. Then water. Now I know there's a potentially interest episode called "Time" coming up, but still. This is getting annoying.

I want some extended time on an interesting planet, or interesting (non humanoid, english-speaking, or dust cloud) aliens.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 11:16:48 pm »
Arg; every time Eli starts being a likable character, the writers screw it up by throwing in some gratuitous McKay-sounding line. They need develop him as his own character instead.

Drama is a useful story element; when well executed. SGU has some pretty bad writing in some scenes. It also doesn't help that some of the actors frankly can't act their way out of a paper bag. The dramatic scenes thus flow poorly with the rest of the episode.

I also find it a bit irritating that the writers assume that having Eli make Star Wars references will increase their viewership among SW fans; especially ones with such choppy delivery. At least when SG-1 made SW references, they were well delivered and were actually funny.

Still waiting for aliens as well.

Also, O'Neill seems to have lost at least 50 lbs since the pilot...
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 12:36:03 pm »
My friend and I are under the impression that we're done with the Main Story episodes and going to have Standalone episodes starting on next week's episodes.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 01:15:59 pm »
The last episodes was sort of a downer for me. Nothing really happed. Though many of the episodes can be sort of blamed for that at least we normally learn something about the crew or the ship. Here we learned that there plan would not work which we could already pretty much assume that it would not. The "Drama" part to center stage here but really was not saying anything we did not already know about the characters. We did not get any deeper connection with anyone of the. But i might be over analyzing it now.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 07:33:44 pm »
Yeah; all it really did was set up a motive for the one guy to get revenge by sleeping with the colonel's wife...
Fanfic!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 04:49:51 am »
Don't forget we also learned that Eli is a "nice guy" and girls are only interested in him when he is possessing another guys body from light-years away. :P

Also Eli sort of looks like he could be Seth Rogen's brother or something.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 06:06:18 am »
We already knew Eli was a nice guy :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 03:37:25 pm »
Time was really good. :)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 03:44:56 pm »
Time was a cop-out. I hate Time-Travel stories, especially when they are pulled off incorrectly... this one is pulled off so sloppily it sounds like a Star Trek Fanfic circa the 1980s.

Ignoring the time travel elements, it was a pretty good (if cliched) story in general. >.>

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2009, 12:46:59 pm »
For a time travel story i found it OK. I like how it was told. Generally i hate time travel stories with a few exception like Back to the Future.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2009, 03:41:48 pm »
I liked HOW it was told, but the ending, the paradoxes, and I dunno... the whole Time-Travel thing could have been pulled off better. I liked using the Keno to tell the story. They should do more episodes that involve the Keno showing parts of the story.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2009, 04:01:39 pm »
What paradoxes? >_>
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 09:01:18 pm »
Away team goes in leaves Keno. Alternate Keno A is found. Team never goes, so they never leave AKA. Instead they go in, die to the gliding chest-bursting things , and leave Alternate Keno B. Alternate Keno B with message on how to survive is left behind so that entire crew gets saved. Yay! Except.. now they have no reason to leave a Keno behind period, and no means to do it. Which means the whole process starts over again since no one went into the past to to leave behind Alternate Keno C and finish the cycle.

So AKA leads to AKB which leaves you right back to no Keno to find, causing the AKA scenario to replay.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 05:12:51 am »
Except!

A: They may have left a keno behind programed to enter when the solar flare starts up

B: Depending on how time travel works in this fictional world (And i am not sure how it work i must say.) Paradoxes like the Grandfather paradox can be resolved with MMI of quantum physics. I know that some shows actually indicates such.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 06:18:09 am »
At the last part the keno goes threw the gate and goes back to the past. They will find it with data on it and watch it and tells them to go out and get those creatures in the day

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 07:02:27 am »
At the last part the keno goes threw the gate and goes back to the past. They will find it with data on it and watch it and tells them to go out and get those creatures in the day

Yes.. that's the problem. They go there but they probably don't leave a Keno behind for anyone to find. It just creates a loop that goes No Keno to Keno A to Keno B to no Keno. Even if you subscribe to the Multiverse theory, it creates problems as well as disassociating the viewer with the "proper" timeline.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:33 am »
Thats always the problem with time travel and MWI. If we use the MWI then at least 2 expeditions have died. In fact is reasonable to assume that a infinites amounts of crews have died in a infinites amount of parallel Multiverses, which can make it seem a bit pointless.

This is sort of why i do not generally like time travel stories. For a time travel story this one was OK. But i hope that we skip time travel. This was only interesting in the way the story was told. In the past smiler stories have only been interesting due to showing alternative possibilities i think.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2009, 03:01:12 pm »
These time travel stories always seem to cheapen the shows. What basically happened was that the team we have been following was completely wiped out and we are now watching the exploits of an alternate reality team. Also what are the chances of every single team the SG series has follow has time traveled makes it even more cliche since every sci-fi show has time travel plots then they totally forget about them.

The only show I ever saw pull a time travel story off and follow through was Star Trek TNG where the result of a alternative reality member of the crew going back in time had offspring that became a Romulan menace later on.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2009, 06:05:25 pm »
These time travel stories always seem to cheapen the shows. What basically happened was that the team we have been following was completely wiped out and we are now watching the exploits of an alternate reality team. Also what are the chances of every single team the SG series has follow has time traveled makes it even more cliche since every sci-fi show has time travel plots then they totally forget about them.

The only show I ever saw pull a time travel story off and follow through was Star Trek TNG where the result of a alternative reality member of the crew going back in time had offspring that became a Romulan menace later on.

What episode are you talking about? There are a ton of well done Time Travel episodes in Star Trek, especially TNG, but granted there are many many more bad ones than good ones. Still, the series finally of TNG (while not 'TECHNICALLY' a time-travel story) is one of the best stories I've seen along those lines. Still.. there are plenty of bad stories as well. What about the story involving the Enterprise-C? That one was particularly well crafted.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2009, 07:06:00 am »

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2009, 02:06:30 pm »

What episode are you talking about? There are a ton of well done Time Travel episodes in Star Trek, especially TNG, but granted there are many many more bad ones than good ones. Still, the series finally of TNG (while not 'TECHNICALLY' a time-travel story) is one of the best stories I've seen along those lines. Still.. there are plenty of bad stories as well. What about the story involving the Enterprise-C? That one was particularly well crafted.

Yes I referring to the story that start with the episode Yesterday's Enterprise. You are right though there are plenty of interesting standalone stories out there especially in Star Trek its just that they forgot all that stuff ever happened after that episode and the rules for time travel tend to change from episode to episode.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2009, 03:11:06 am »
It's not the 1st time travel episode in the Stargate-verse the most notable I can think of being when they traveled back to ancient Egypt to recover a Z.P.M. the episode pretty much states screwing around with the timeline doesn't cause paradoxes although it can still bite you in the ass if your not careful with what you change.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2009, 10:27:30 pm »
It's not the 1st time travel episode in the Stargate-verse the most notable I can think of being when they traveled back to ancient Egypt to recover a Z.P.M. the episode pretty much states screwing around with the timeline doesn't cause paradoxes although it can still bite you in the ass if your not careful with what you change.

They did kind of stretch things a bit when everything still happened exactly as it did before. No, wait; the pond has fish now. : P
Of course, it was alright, since it would have been too weird to make any significant changes to the characters because of it...

One of my favorite* Star Trek episodes has to be the two part Voyager time travel one, where they have to stop ed Begley Jr. from trapping the universe in an endless time paradox loop (with the help of Sarah Silverman).

*favorite regarding humor/camp value. plus the cool plot twist about the 90s computer revolution being a result of 24th century tech.
Fanfic!

Offline ilovespore

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2009, 11:36:37 am »
my friend told me that stargate universe should be called stargate 90210 instead

i dont watch sci fi much but i like 90210

is it exactly the same so i should see it?

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2009, 12:30:04 pm »
In the words of LeVar Burton, "Don't take my word for it."
Fanfic!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2009, 05:11:38 pm »
I never really watched 90210 my self and while this version of Stargate does have a stronger drama side than previous versions of the show each focused more on a villain of the week. It doesn't go all the way into teen drama territory. Personally I think the balance is about right it's refreshing change to the formula to me although I have noticed for many their mileage may vary. Many have made a comparison to the new Battle Star Galactica now I never watched that my self. Still I think the show is really starting to get going and I'm interested as to where they plan on taking it.

Offline ilovespore

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2009, 12:43:51 am »
I never really watched 90210 my self and while this version of Stargate does have a stronger drama side than previous versions of the show each focused more on a villain of the week. It doesn't go all the way into teen drama territory. Personally I think the balance is about right it's refreshing change to the formula to me although I have noticed for many their mileage may vary. Many have made a comparison to the new Battle Star Galactica now I never watched that my self. Still I think the show is really starting to get going and I'm interested as to where they plan on taking it.

my friend sais they ruined all of stargate with stargate universe and that every episode is worse than an episode of the bold and the beautiful i like the bold and the beautiful but if it is worse then that then i don watnt to watch it

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2009, 12:19:32 pm »
If your friend doesn't like it, then he shouldn't watch it. Wrked for me with The Inbetweeners. Until, you know, I'm forced to watch as part of a media class.

Anyway, although having never watched 90210, I'm pretty sure it's nothing like it.

There are only about 3 young people I can think of. Scott, Eli and Chloe.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2009, 08:36:52 am »
Yeah its a ok show but its not that bad. The Eairler episodes got annoying but the newer are ok

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 07:04:41 am »
IF YOU SEE THE NEW EPISODE Read ahead!

Its strange that Rush tryed to frame Young for when they thought it was a murder. I think Rush is going to get in that spaceship on that planet and attack them later
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:34:18 pm by Summoner »

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 09:38:00 am »
We have spoiler tags. But really, whose coming in here when they haven't watched the latest episode?

Rush will be back. He's paid and listed as the "Lead Role". Not just as a main character.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 10:04:38 am »
Also they have build him up to much.

If they where to remove him now it would most likely have to do something not connected to the story and then you would likely have heard it in tabloids. Not that i follow that. :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 10:25:05 am »
Oh, he'll be back within the next two espisodes, I'd wager. SGU has habit of setting up plot devices, leaving them a cliffhanger in the episode they're introduced in, and closing them in the next episode.
Fanfic!

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2010, 09:52:45 pm »
Well, I enjoyed that episode. It was nice to have some sentient hostile aliens.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2010, 12:46:13 pm »
Well, what's-her-name is pregnant with what's-his-name's baby.

Am I the only one watching the new episodes? They're all on Hulu, you know.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2010, 01:03:11 pm »
You mean Lieutenant Can't-Act and Eli's platonic friend?
Fanfic!

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2010, 04:13:57 pm »
Whine whine whine. Just enjoy the damned show.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »
I'm liking this show more and more each week as well. I think we are still or week or so behind the U.S. still but that's not so bad.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 11:09:21 pm »
Our latest episode was Faith. They find an Earth-like planet that reminds them of home. Was this your latest episode?

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 11:47:29 pm »
That's the next one I think we had the one where the Civs try and mutiny against the military which was on last Friday night.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2010, 03:23:03 am »
Aww, the latest one for us was the one where they meet those aliens.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2010, 11:57:36 am »
On friday i watched Faith. (I live in USA) But on Sat it plays it on Hulu

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2010, 01:41:41 pm »
Well, it's certainly better now. And the finale was a hell of a cliffhanger.
Fanfic!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2010, 06:35:19 am »
Yeah I have to say this show is getting better and better.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2010, 08:07:06 am »
I certainly agree. Too bad the next season isn't till October.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2010, 01:40:46 am »
Don't know if anyone around is still watching this thing.
Anyway, it's been canned by SyFy. The remaining half of season 2 will air, and that's it.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/syfy-cancels-stargate-universe/

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:43:33 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2010, 12:54:58 pm »
Well, that's disappointing.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2010, 04:56:07 pm »
I had been watching it, so that's a little sad.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 01:51:31 am »
Aww... I liked the start. I have not had a chance to watch it however as it has such bad time on TV for me. (Here it is sent on like a Friday when i have frankly other things to do.)

I guess it was not crappy enough for the Syfy channel :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2010, 10:09:41 pm »
I heard about this and am frankly disappointed I really enjoyed this show.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2011, 05:23:21 pm »
Yeah that sucks. It was a good show I thought. Oh well.  :-\

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 03:45:52 am »
So did anyone else think the ending sucked?

Honestly SYFY is taking off all the good shows. First back with Farscape (at least they had a movie), then with other shows and what do they replace them with? Wrestling and Cooking Shows? I mean really. Keep those on the Food Network or Spike. Also I never see the newer Doctor Who on there now. Have to go to BBC America just to see it. With their track record they will replace Warehouse 13 and Eureka with Oprah and Sports.  ::) I mean they already made the stupid reality series on there. SGU was actually watchable. Good storyline and they took out a lot of the "cheeze" that SG1 and SGA had. I also think the renaming to "SYFY" looks stupid. Anyone else feel the same or am I alone on this?

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2011, 12:58:44 pm »
Totally agree. I mean i do not get Syfy channel (Wizard that is such a silly name!) but when i had waaaay back it was pretty cool. Heck it was one of the better channels around. From what i have heard and seen SyFy channel seems to have turned in to something really horrid.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons