Author Topic: Stargate Universe  (Read 21134 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Stargate Universe
« on: October 11, 2009, 08:33:34 pm »
The 1st episode just aired last Friday here in Australia. Has anyone else seen this yet, and if so what do you think? The series has only just got started so not a lot has happened yet will have to see over the coming episodes if this new spin off is any good. Remember to place spoiler tags the show is getting Fast tracked down here but I think there is still a week or so between when it airs in the states to when we get it.

Offline SerenityGrace

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate Universe
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:23:12 pm »
you can watch it up to date on hulu. I realy like it , better then Atlantis.
Go away now. You are boring me.

Click my frackin eggs! >:(

............. Pweese O_O

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:04:24 pm »
I didn't watch a lot of SG-A even started to get tired of SG-1 in the final season. Still I liked the feel from the pilot episode of this.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 08:48:31 am »
It reminds me of Atlantis more than anything else. I dunno... it's less Sci-Fi and more Drama. We'll see how it goes, and if I'll continue watching it.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 10:12:51 am »
I'm getting a Battlestar Galactica feel from it, which might be a good thing.  It'll be interesting to see whether they introduce an enemy for this series or just go with human interaction.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 10:20:38 am »
Reminds me a bit of Farscape.
That's a Very, Very good thing :D
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 01:19:12 pm »
I decided to follow this.

New to stargate, aside from the odd SG-1 episode.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »
Called the ending to last Friday's episode while watching the trailer for "Next week on Stargate" The Destiny is Solar Powered. Which makes me think more that Rush knew it all along if my cousin and I could work it surely he could. I hope the show doesn't end up having the plot be danger of the week be the ships way of fixing it's self and if they sit around and do nothing things will resolve them selves.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 07:35:04 pm »
I think its pretty good but alot of drama 0-0

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
This last episode left me with one resounding question:  Who shoots a cloud?  Seriously, I don't think word of cloud aliens had even gone out at that point, so the soldier saw a cloud, and then decided to shoot it, for no real reason.

And an observation:  Why is stranding an intelligent life form on a planet with the opposite conditions to those of it's native environment better than killing it?  Found in a hot, arid wasteland?  Let's drop 'em off on a planet where's it's so cold that waterfalls freeze!  They breathe the same air we do?  Good news, this air is made of poison!
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »
I think its pretty good but alot of drama 0-0

Yeah I have to say I'm kind of enjoying this series also like how so far it feels very different from the previous series which feels pretty refreshing. I've heard a lot of comparrsion to Battle Star Galactica (Calling it Battle Stargate) Seeing I never saw that much of BSG that doesn't bother me too much. Also there isn't much else in regards to new sci fi going at the moment.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 01:39:53 am »
And an observation:  Why is stranding an intelligent life form on a planet with the opposite conditions to those of it's native environment better than killing it?  Found in a hot, arid wasteland?  Let's drop 'em off on a planet where's it's so cold that waterfalls freeze!  They breathe the same air we do?  Good news, this air is made of poison!

Yeah seriously! I thought the same thing. I also wondered why they did not use the floating platform to get the guy out of the hole.

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 06:06:54 am »
Anyone other than me think they basically ruined the franchize with this hardly worth calling stargate spinoff series?

Every episode is just so boring it looks more like an episode of dynasty than anything else.

Seriously, what is with the drama ****? I want sci fi not this crap.

I gave it 6 shots and every episode just fails.

What a mistake to take this direction. But maybe some of the toddlers on this forum likes it better?
I love you Magenti, you are my hero!!
Kenobros confession!
Quote from: Kenobro on October 06, 2009, 01:41:48 PM
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 12:33:57 am »
I think it's OK. I wasn't really into SG-1 or SG-A, that was more my brother.

But, yeah, it's OK. If I didn't like it for some reason I just wouldn't watch it. Easy enough.

Offline SerenityGrace

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 08:14:10 am »
But maybe some of the toddlers on this forum likes it better?

Well maybe its because I'm a girl and like my scifi mixed with drama, but i really like it. I love the stargate universe it is set in and I just cant let it go :'( Ive been fallowing it since the origanal movie and the first of the series started. I grew up with it and i cant imagine it being gone....... i know it probably a serous problem, but i will be a dedicated fan until I die.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:17:52 am by SerenityGrace »
Go away now. You are boring me.

Click my frackin eggs! >:(

............. Pweese O_O