Author Topic: A Brief Fantasy Adventure RP  (Read 56949 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Re: A Brief Fantasy Adventure RP
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 02:32:09 pm »
"Hm? Fire King?" The crimson soldier looks puzzled, "I know nothing of the sort, King Kyro does have a manipulation of heat with his hands and the strange ability to transfer it to which he touches, but to conjure fire? That is something of wizards and magi, not of our King. You must have your facts askew. Though I am glad our great King does have a fantastic reputation." The soldier then became serious, "Though, if you dare doubt the crimson army's power and leadership against these... these monks and movers of stone, then you will be very mistaken easterner. We have numbers, we have power, and we have cunning and strategy. Not to mention the element of suprise... Now... If you wish to join our rank. Well... I mean, you are from the eastern kingdoms, so technically, you are barred from the Crimson crusade. You would have to seek conference with General Omann, or, if he says no, then King Kyro. However, somehow getting the conference of our great King would surely be impossible at this time of war, but you could always try."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:37:50 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 02:44:00 pm »
Hurrasha slowly began to tap his long fingers again,bored half way to death.He sighed and leaned back in his chair.He closed his eyes and slowly dozed off.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 02:50:42 pm »
"Not to keep doubting you, but information is precious.  Don't go thinking that there are only rock manipulators, animals and plants too.  I have never personally heard of water ones, so I think they are extinct.  Monks may study the hardest, but almost everyone has some form of unaware control, frighten then, and you might find the ground begins to quake..."

He left the soldier to think about what he had told him, and hoped that he got the chance to kill him soon enough.  Hatsuharu stepped out of the inn, and went out back.  He knelt in the grass, and touched it with his hands.  Beware, the Fire King approaches... he thought into the grass.  For a brief moment, the words could be seen there, but soon vanished. 

Soon, all over the Eastern Kingdoms, the words he commanded the grass to make began appearing in random places, such as tree trunks or etched into leaves, or grass like he did.  Hopefully, someone important would see the message.

He stood up again.  He went back out front, and peered into the window.  Some people were taking to eachother, and there was the soldier still.  He sighed, he had to come up with an accident for him, before he could tell anyone important about the info regarding the Eastern King.  But, if he were to truly try to play spy for the Eastern Lands, he needed in.  So, he went looking for the general.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 03:39:09 pm »
"Call me Sylvester. And allow me say that it is a pleasure to have found someone in this town that is concerned about the happenings in our world."

He raised his glass and nodded at Abigail.

"As far as my opinion... I think the conquest of the Eastern lands and the entirety of the so-called 'Crimson Crusade' is a blatant admission of guilt on the part of that fool, Kyro. Men like Christopher IV don't just drop dead unexpectedly unless someone has hurried them along, so to speak. Unfortunately though our world is ruled by fools, Christopher IV being no exception, and as such, I fully expect Kyro to accomplish his goal. The Eastern lands are no match for Carridia. Yes, the conjurers and manipulators in the Eastern lands are to be respected; but they are an arrogant and stubborn race. They'll die on principle today instead of seeking cover and fighting tomorrow. It's like throwing a rock at a pane of glass. All Carridia has to do it hit the mark once and the Eastern lands will crumble."

Draining his mug, Sylvester set it down quietly and let out a long sigh.

"And after the Eastern lands fall the Northern continent will be united under a single banner and then the conquest will spread to my hallowed Southern lands. And us Southlanders are as arrogant and stubborn as the Eastlanders; though, I'd like to think our advances in the industrial arts will see us through the storm. Even if we manage to repel the Carridian forces the damage will be great. There will be no winners in this war. We can only hope that Kyro the Dim chokes on his dinner."

Sylvester raised his hand and knocked on the wooden bar with his ring finger. The sound was sharp and passed right through anyone within earshot.

"So now I ask myself, was it wise to divulge these thoughts to a complete stranger who may well be able to use my incriminating testimony against me? Or am I confident enough in my own abilities that I will be able to avoid such a dishonorable fate? Tell me, Abigail, what do you think?"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 05:38:02 pm »
The lady smiled behind her cloak, "You're a smart man Sylvester, a smart man indeed." She leans in towards him, "I do hope you do not mistake what I am about to tell you for the ramblings of a mad woman, but the circumstances of Kyro's accent into power or much more sinister indeed. You are right, men like Christopher do not drop dead unexpectedly... They turn to ashes at the hands of a power hungry tyrant. I was there; and I knew the man Kyro used to be, but he is long since dead." Looking to the trader she peered him up and down, "Do not think of me as mad... I have asked many for someone with connections to many people, someone uncorrupted by the serpents promises. They told me 'Ah... the kind trader of Maridi seems of the sort'. You are him... I do pray you are him."

Abigail looked around the emptier Inn once again, "I... I am... unable to carry out task such as the one I am about to request to you as my time is limited, my face is known, and my actions are forfeit." She then turned her eyes to look at him, her charred eye seeming to stare into the depths of his soul, "The King must be stopped. You know this to be true; you have the resources and the charisma... At least... So I am told... I can give you nothing for this deed, but knowledge that stopping such a tremendous loss of innocent lives is surely enough? No... No this is ridiculous! You're just a trader, I am just a Lady! A mad sister! Surely Edwin has already been taken care of! Surely a ragtag group is no match for the crimson guard and Kyro's ax!" Her voice became less frantic and calm, she looked away from Sylvester, "No... just the ramblings of a mad woman I suppose."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:44:55 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »
At that moment the door to the tavern slid open revealing a cloaked figure. Taking a few steps in, Sabar threw off his hood and peered around the bar for an instant before settling on the woman. Their eyes connected and they were recognized. Sabar had found his prey, Abigail her predator.

"I was told I would find you here," Sabar said, nearly gliding across the floor towards Abigail and her companion. His feet didn't make a sound as he approached her. "Fear is such a wonderful tool... It reveals things that would otherwise be secrets." Sabar continued to approached her, but at the same time reached under his cloak, resting his hand on the concealed dagger buried within his robes.

"So, will you go easily, or must you put up a fight?"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 06:02:48 pm »
Glaring, Abigail glanced at the figure now standing before her, threatening her life. "Another one of Lord Kyro's peons sent to take care of me? An 'usurper'!?" She then reached kicked out with her foot and forcefully kicked the assassin away. She then stood, slowly, and from within her cloak pulled out two small daggers. "Things are never easy in Carridia." Her frail body shaking as she wielded her daggers, her body in a defensive stance.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 06:10:16 pm »
Sabar stumbled back a few feet before regaining his balance. "As you wish," he said, mimicking the last words spoken to Kyro. He drew his dagger into plain view. "Seems as if I am outnumbered," he muttered under his breath, a faint smile on his face. His large incisors came into view, causing more than a few of the bystanders to shrink back a bit.

He slowly circled around Abigail, making sure that his back was protected from any other attacks. When you did the kind of work Sabar did, you always made sure you were protected. Most of the time you were in enemy territory and you couldn't let the little things slip you up.

There were a few tense moments of them staring at each other. Just when it seemed as if they would stay in the stalemate forever, Sabar lunged at Abigail with inhuman speed, doing his best to bat away one of her daggers while attempting to dodge the one in her other hand.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 06:15:46 pm »
Sylvester looked up at the man's teeth as he smiled and chuckled. He watched the pair exchange blows for a few moments before getting to his feet. Ignoring the fighting, Sylvester walked between Abigail and her assailant and got up in his face.

"What peculiar teeth! Are you one of those blood sucking demons I hear so much about?"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 06:17:58 pm »
Stopping mid-strike, Abigail halted her blade at the back of the merchants head. "Are you mad? Madder than even I?! The man is an assassin!" Abigail then took this distraction to her advantage, attempting to side-step the assailant and get a strike into the side of his cloak.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 06:23:45 pm »
Sabar's smile grew, showing off more and more of his teeth. "You could say that." But at that point Abigail's strike grazed Sabar's side. Before she could withdraw, however, he had reached down and wrapped his hand around her wrist. They were quite small in Sabar's hands.

"That does sting!" He gave her hand a good shake, causing her to drop one of her daggers. At the same time he pushed Sylvester out of the way to clear the space between Abigail and him. "Must you keep fighting? I don't want this to get too ugly."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 06:27:40 pm »
Sylvester held onto the assassin's hand and pulled his attention away from Abigail.

"I could say that? So you're like me, then?"

Now Sylvester began to grin. His grip tightened more, so much so that the assassin could not shake him loose. A shiver ran down the spine of everyone present and the dimly lit room seemed to grow slightly darker.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 06:33:41 pm »
"Fiend! How dare you touch nobility as such!" With that Abigail again, now with one dagger, took at strike to Sabar's wound, thankful the merchant had once again distracted Sabar, and, to her eyes, seemingly held him in place. "Kyro will not extinguish me so easily!" She screamed as she began to strike at the small wound she had inflicted earlier.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 06:39:07 pm »
"I thought I smelled something on you... I should have paid closer attention." With a shrug, his outer garments were tossed aside, even as Sylevester held onto his arm. But slowly Sabar's features began to change and morph. In a flash his undergarments and robes were ripped apart as they could no longer contain his expanding frame. A muzzle appeared, stretching out his face so that his new teeth could fit more comfortably. His knife wound sealed itself for the time being. But that was something Sabar would have to deal with later.

His strength was increasing, but instead of attempting to free himself of the merchant's grasp he focused his attention on him, throwing Abigail into a corner and bringing his other arm to bear against his new enemy.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 06:53:19 pm »
"Gah, Bertram, get up!" Fordwin's muffled voice could be heard through the door. He seemed rather exasperated.

"uuuugh" Bertram moaned.

"BERT! SNAP OUT OF IT!" Fordwin seemed to be getting rather annoyed.

"blaargh" Was all he got.

"You two sound like you're having a good time" Isabel said sarcastically, coming in.

"Hold it!" Fordwin rushed to the door, trying to keep Isabel out.

"you just couldn't wait to practice that necromancy spell, could you?" Isabel giggled.

"Yeah, and it worked great!" Fordwin said, though he didn't sound quite truthful.

"Really? 'cause to me, it looked like you need a tad bit more practice" *rolls eyes*

There was a rather loud *thud* as Bertram tried to get out of one of the infirmary's beds; He still hadn't quite remastered using his legs.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)