Author Topic: A Brief Fantasy Adventure RP  (Read 56724 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
A Brief Fantasy Adventure RP
« on: October 11, 2009, 02:31:57 pm »
"Can you tell us what it was you saw?"

"Aye..."

A knight with armor half melted to his skin sat in front of a group of  scribe. "Twas mid day if I recall. Me and my men were positioned in the throne room, the twelve of us, on simple guard duty. Of course, when you're a royal guard it's hardly ever 'simple'..." The knight paused for a moment as he recollected his thoughts, all the while the scribes hung on his every word. "Yes... mid day... Then we we're requested to open the throne room door, Lord Kyro had requested a conference with the king." The knight shook his head in regret, "We should have known something was up, when Lord Kyro entered the room it was if the sun itself had come in with him. The heat.... its was incredible, my armor was hot to the touch and you could see the air bend of heat around Lord Kyro. Then, the door shut, and the throne room was only us 14. We twelve 'royal guards', King Christopher IV, and Lord Kyro." The scribes hastily wrote down all they could as the knight told his tale of woe, "Lord Kyro approached the royal throne with a ghastly steady pace, never halting, never slowing down, never speeding up. It was all very methodical... The King asked as Kyro approached, 'My Lord Kyro, what brings you here to my castle?' Lord Kyro has no response. Instead he continued approaching the King, the King asked, 'Why, has something cut out your tongue?' Some of us laughed, some of us questioned why Lord Kyro was so silent. We would receive an answer soon enough." Then, a scribe asked, "Did the Lord say nothing at all?"

The knight thought for a moment and then shook his head, "Nay, once he was face to face with the King he leaned over and whispered something in his ear. None of us knew what it was he said, only that the King solemnly nodded and removed his crown. We we're confused at this action, but we had no time to question it. Once the crown was removed from the Kings head Lord Kyro raised his hands and instead of reaching for his ax merely clapped his hands against the Kings head. There was a brilliant bright light and then it was as if Lord Kyro had brought the room aflame, the heat became so incredible many of us had our armor melted into our very skin. Then, once I had recovered my sight I had seen the Lord Kyro had, during the radiance of the light, murdered many of my comrades whilst they remained blinded! The fiend had cut them down before they could even comprehend the reality of the situation! I.... I fled the room before Lord.... or... King... King Kyro could cut me down as well... I turned back to see him sitting on the throne, ax bloodied and glowing red with heat, smirking at me as I ran." The knight pounded his fist on the table, "I wasn't worth his time! But know this! We of Carridia will not stand for this, our King being slaughtered and replaced by this monster! This... this demon of heat! He will be stopped!" The scribes finished writing all the knight said just before the door to the small home was busted in and soldiers in crimson armor began killing all in the house. Such revolutionary ideals could not be spread. Not whilst King Kyro held the throne...
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The great Kingdom of Carridia has recently seen an exchange of power take place. The circumstances are highly debatable, however, the official story is that King Christopher IV had passed away unexpectedly and Lord Kyro has assumed the throne. The Kingdom now reigns under martial law, as King Kyro has had to quell some who wish to spread lies of murder and assassination. King Kyro now rules Carridia with an iron fist, breaking the will of pretenders and revolutionaries with a blade to the heart. If found out at private estates at suspicious times, with a suspicious gathering of people, be self assured your trial will be quick, the verdict being suspected treason. The royal guard will be sure to take care of you, their crimson armor melding with the blood that runs thick along it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyro sat upon his newly acquired throne, his numerous advisors and the royal court all in attendance. A great map of the known world lied in the middle of them. Kyro pointed to the Eastern Kingdoms, "Here... they are numerous and disorganized, yet the lands are fertile, the resources abundant, and the treasure priceless." The men in attendence, the generals, the Lords and Ladies, and others, all nodded in agreement. Kyro nodded too and said "I am glad you all agree with me, because I intend to have Carridia swallow the lands up, purging all who resist, and have it become a part of our great Kingdom." Many advisors clapped in agreement and pleasure, praising their Kings ambition, yet some grimaced, one stated, "My liege, these lands have always been peaceful to us and compliant, why must we go to war with them if they already do most of what we ask." Kyro nodded and said, "Ah, yes, most... most of what we ask. What we plead. What we beg of them to give to us you mean?" Kyro's voice became booming and he continued, "Carridia will no longer be the beggars! We will take what we want! And the people of Carridia will be behind me! Our Kingdom will be legendary, and my reign will go down in history ! We will no longer trade our valuables with theses eastern savages for their goods when we can just as easily take them!" Kyro then pointed to one of his generals yelling, "You there, prepare our armies, gather our troops, light the forges, I want to see smoke from every available workshop and smith in the land!" he then pointed to his bard, "You! Tell the people of Carridia's great crusade for treasures unheard of and land of plenty!", he then turned to the advisor who questioned him, "You! You will die for your treason!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Upon the Inn door reads a sign, "King Kyro has let loose the dogs of war! Give your life to Carridia!"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:24:30 pm by eropS »

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: A Brief Fantasy Adventure RP
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 03:09:42 pm »
Edwin was in his laboratory working on one of his many alchemical projects. He had gotten to the most important ingredient, when one of his students burst in.
"EDWIN!" She screamed
"AARGH!" Was Edwin's response, as her shout had caused him to spill all of the ingredient into the cauldron, which produced a rather violent reaction. As he appeared out of the cloud of smoke, he spluttered "What is it, Laura!? You know, These doors have doorknockers for a reason!"
"Edwin, they're coming! They're going to-"
"What are you on about? Who?"
"Kyro's soldiers! They're going to kill us!"
Edwin needn't hear more, and he he rushed up to the observation tower, Laura close behind.
"Assist me, Wand, help me see! Give my spectacles magnification ability!" Ed was the King of impromptu spells
"Oh, my look at them all. They look rather mean. Hmm..."
He thought for a moment, and it came to him just in time.
"The blood of my students would make an unpleasant shower, give my castle some good flying power!"
There was a sharp jolt, a loud CRACK!, and they found themselves floating above the army, which, although they were fully armored, looked rather surprised and angry.
"What now, Edwin?" Laura asked, still rather shocked by the recent development.

"When in doubt, TO THE LIBRARY!"
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 03:18:12 pm »
Hatsuharu was always a wanderer, from age five, until he was taken in by the monks to hone his unique skill in nature manipulation.  He always had a special magnetism with nature, especially with plants.  Some people, according to the stories the monks told him, could control animals, other rocks, and then there were those who could control the growth and movement of plants.  When he was younger, it was completely at his subconscious's control, his power.  When he was found by the head monk, a rock manipulator, he could only make food grow when he was hungry, and barriers formed when he was scared.  After nine years of training, he had finally learned all that could be taught by non-plant manipulators.  It was time for him to set out again...

He had wandered westward, into what was called "Carridia."  He settled in at an inn in some town called Maridi.  He ordered a beer and sat down.  He entertained himself by making the the little bits of hops swim around in formations in his drink.  He drank it slowly, observing the other people here.  He sat it back down and resumed watching the little bits fly around like birds, or make intricate shapes.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 03:47:49 pm »
Andvoorsker walked in very slowly, his brown boots clearly having seen far better days, and all his other attire looking worn from all those adventures. He sat down on one of the chairs, and ordered wine, waiting what seemed like centuries.....

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 04:02:17 pm »
Sylvester Allegri was walking away from a luxurious house on the outskirts of the town of Maridi. A large-brimmed hat sat on his head and a white cloak was draped over his incessantly neat clothing. He enjoyed Maridi, despite its simplicities. The town proper was fairly small and typical. It has a smith and a general store and a small stone tower that housed The Order of "whatever noble-sounding name the town's militia could think of"; again, all fairly typical and boring. The outskirts was a different story though. Wealthy landowners had winter homes in the area and that meant that there were treasures to be found! Much to Sylvester's delight, one such landowner met an unfortunate end at the hands of some kind of blood sucking demon. The end result was that Sylvester had been able to walk away with some spectacularly odd trinkets. In celebration of his acquisitions, Sylvester decided it would be best to take a little break.

As Sylvester approached the in thunder rumbled in the distance. He looked off over the horizon and spotted a few flashes. He'd heard through the grapevine of ill omen in Carridia, though such news had probably not permeated the veil that separated places like Maridi from progress and prosperity. Sylvester pushed the inn's door open wide and stepped inside. A few people looked up as the odd man entered the building. He pulled his cloak and hat off carefully and set both onto a nearby hook. In the dim light of the bar his black attire seemed like a yawning void of bitter darkness. A gold chain hung around Sylvester's neck and was attached to some kind of pendant that was lost beneath his shirt; also, the man wore a signet ring of some unknown origin, most likely something he had picked up in his travels. Sylvester quietly made his way over to the bar and sat down. He didn't like to attract any undue attention. The barkeep looked over at Sylvester and nodded.

"What'll you have?"

"You have dragon's blood?"

"Just ran out."

Sylvester smiled and relaxed a bit. The barkeep seemed to be on the level, or at least cordial. He'd yet to find anyone that actually carried dragon's blood and wasn't sure what he'd do when or if he found someone that did. It was a little contest he'd been playing with himself for several years.

"How about a Southland brew?"

"How about Eastland?"

"Sold."

Chuckling a bit, the barkeep filled up a mug and slid it down to Sylvester who tossed the man a shiny bronze coin.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:10:38 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 04:32:30 pm »
Edwin's Castle was buzzing with activity, they were preparing just in case they came up against some more unsavory people.. recently, the castle had flown to a small town by the name of Maridi. Edwin decided it would be a nice spot to moor the castle, and he sent a few of his students to the local market for food and supplies.

The people of the town must've been fairly surprised to have seen that massive castle floating in the air, tied down by a rope in the middle of a field.

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 05:20:53 pm »
Hurrasha Unmar sat in one of the many chairs in the inn,tapping his fingers quietly as he scanned the area for any unfamiliar faces.He sat in the far back of the room,where he was not noticed by most others.He stopped tapping his fingers long enough to scan the crowd with his piercing blue eyes,a look of boredom upon his face.He looked at the man who had just had a quick "20 questions" game with the barkeep.He looked away when the interesting parts of the conversation ended.He sighed.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 07:32:42 pm »
Omann silently lit his pipe and began puffing it. He had come with his war band to the small town Maridi before he set off to the battle front in the Eastern lands. His party had taken most of the rooms in the local Inn, most of the weaker willed soldiers had long since checked out and we're crying themselves to rest. Omann and his loyal, hardened troops, took up an entire corner of the Inn. Loud, obnoxious, and crude, he joked aloud with his men, "Wah haha! You did what to his sister?!" The soldier leaned in and whispered something again, causing the entire corner of the in to bellow in laughter. General Omann blew out a fume of smoke and demanded, "Barkeeper, peasant! Bring us another round of your finest! On me!" With that the General violently threw a large sack of silver coins against the wall behind the bar, almost putting a hole in it.

As a barkeeper brought them another round, a soldier whispered something in the Generals ear, Omann then stated aloud, "What?! You think anyone in here has the pure strength of will and power to join the crimson crusade?! Ha! I could snap everyone in here like a TWIG, A TWIG!" With that he drunkenly smashed his hand on the table, causing it to crush beneath his power. The General then looked at the table embarrassedly and stated, "Hm... that one... that one was on our great King Kyro!" The troops let out a 'Hear hear!' and pounded down another round.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 07:45:55 pm »
"I bet I could take you on!" Said a rather thin boy on the other side of the bar

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 07:52:59 pm »
Sylvester stood up quickly and grabbed the boy by the collar.

"I respectfully disagree, my friend."

He turned toward the General's party and bowed.

"Ignore this man, he's obviously a tad drunk."

Moving his hand to the boy's neck, Sylvester quickly pulled him back to the bar with more force than his tiny body appeared to be capable of. He sat the boy down next to him and hoped that his apology would be enough to keep things peaceful. Whispering, Sylvester scolded the complete stranger.

"Are you mad? That man is a Carridian general... haven't you heard about the happenings in Carridia. Sit down a be quiet and hope that he doesn't come over here."

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 07:58:25 pm »
"well, let's see here..." the boy muttered to himself

"uhh"

"hmm"

"..."

"ah, that's it"

"don't let me go against this brute and loose, give me the strength of him times two!" He kept his wand concealed so as to not give himself away.

"man, this'll be funny" He thought

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 08:03:50 pm »
Hurrasha tried to lean back a little as the group of soldiers sat in his corner.He grunted and lowered his head.He stopped tapping so as not to annoy them.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 08:05:30 pm »
Omann glared at the men, "A tad hm...?" He watched as the two men walked to the bar and the wealthier looking one whispered something in the fools ear. "Take the tough one outside boys..." With that, two large Crimson knights got up and approached the lanky man who had challenged Omann
. However, a few knights quickly ran in the tavern, eyes wide, saying to their commander, "Sire, there is... a... a floating castle above the town!" General Omann grew wide eyed, "What?! Here?! Impossible! The wizard was supposed to be ex-..." He then looked around, knowing the King wanted Edwin taken out in a private manner. He calmed himself, "It is ok... The castle will move along shortly men, for now, we drink!", Omann continued to glare at the challenger, angered by his ignorance.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:19:42 pm by eropS »

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 08:08:23 pm »
Hurrasha looked over at Omann.He was uncomfortably close to him.He shuffled away a little quietly,his long pale skinned hands clasped together tightly.He looked over the inn,trying to not pay attention to the general.He backed his chair up into the darkness as he observed the soldiers.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 08:13:05 pm »
There was a great crashing sound from outside the bar, and the boy quite nearly jumped back into the tavern. The look in his eyes clearly showed he thought it was all good fun

Meanwhile

"Do you think we should check on Bertram?" Another of Edwin's students said to his partner as they walked down the market's streets.

"He never was good with alcohol, you know" he continued

"Oh, no" they said in unison

They had both heard the crash coming from the bar, and rushed off, neglecting to give the shopkeeper which they had just gotten potion materials from a single coin