Author Topic: Alliances and diplomacy with other civilizations  (Read 17683 times)

Offline SHW

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Alliances and diplomacy with other civilizations
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 11:58:20 am »
Yesw, in order to stop global warming, and to satisfy his thirst for war, Bush will be starting WW3 with nukes.....

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2005, 02:33:52 pm »
I really don't like the idea of nukes and radiation like i said before.
I really hope if their are missles, they're balanced.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2005, 04:21:51 pm »
I don't really see the need to completely irradiate a planet because you destroyed all th elife on it...
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline SHW

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2005, 06:18:04 pm »
Yeah, a big hiunk of rock is very useful.

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2005, 06:36:48 pm »
If a species pisses you off then u blow it up.
If u can't win against them u blow it up.

Just a few of the many reasons.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2005, 08:00:03 pm »
hmmm, my girlfriend has been pissing me of lately......

:-X

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2005, 11:20:05 pm »
Oookay, well, you're a rather scary individual ;D

I doubt any kind of nuclear fallout (if there is such a thing ingame) would have any long term effects. It's too big a mistake if you find out later you wanted to use that planet or something. unless that's what's intended...
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2005, 08:40:23 am »
Hey honey? Catch this! *Launches ICBM at her and while she runs out the door screaming for help, you lean back in your chair and wait for the flash..*

Ok.. I have too much imagination..

I was wondering.. Has any of you guys ever played Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? I think that was a great game (and still is) and one of the things I'd like to see 'transplanted' from that game to Spore, are the society models. You could go with 'Police State', 'Democracy', 'Theocracy', etc. and economic models like 'Greenist', 'Free Market', etc. and goals for the future such as 'Cybernetic' and so on and so forth. I also remember the government types from Civilization III and the expansion packs, which ranged from Tribal Council to Feudalism, Monarchy, Republic, Fascism, Communism, Democracy, etc.. All these different Governments had different impacts on how other cultures react to you, how many military units you can support, how high the chance at revolts are, etc.. Like I said, if there's any way they could get this into Spore, this game would have even more depth..

I fear that they don't want to go this far because the game might become too complex for some players.. Would anyone else be interested in this type of addition to the game?

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2005, 08:59:13 am »
I've played Alpha Centauri and certainly understand what you're talking about in terms of making a complex government.  My guess, however, is that we're not going to see anything that specific.  What I've gleaned is culture is more important than government in dictating your society's behaviour.  Now maybe this is only true with the tribal stage but I wouldn't be surprised if it spilled over into the City stage.  The big things that governments did in the Civs/AC was dictate economic progress in terms of corruption, how efficient workers were, how happy citizens would be and how fast or slow technology progressed.  They were preset and you had to deal with the government you chose.  It seems here, you act more like a guide by giving your creatures items and building that will determine how they act towards other races.  Drums for religion/dancing, spears for aggression.  Now, I could be way off, but this is how I see it.  Much more control on your part and not nearly as specific as Sid Meier can get. -leeman