Poll

Are you okay with a pre-determined villain?

Yes
No

Author Topic: A Brief Fantasy Adventure OOC  (Read 42724 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
A Brief Fantasy Adventure OOC
« on: October 10, 2009, 03:12:14 pm »
A Brief Fantasy Adventure
Information Station

Hello and welcome to A Brief Fantasy Adventure. This RP is meant to be a shorter more open-ended RP. Players can make a character and jump into the story and if all goes well the game will be over in about one or two weeks. If the players wish to play longer, so be it! There are no deadlines or any such thing in play with this RP. We're going to go by the book with this one. The standard guidelines and concepts will apply. Players will make their characters according to our standard chart (which can be found at the end of this paragraph) and everyone begins the story in the local inn. Simple, easy, and to the point.

Character sheets should be set up as follows...

Name:
Abilities:

And beyond that we'll begin the RP topic with a very simple story outline to be fleshed out in-character. That's all!

Go!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:06:41 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Re: A Brief Fantasy Adventure OOC
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 03:30:05 pm »
Name: Kyro de Dsidum

Bio: Born into nobility, Kyro has always been well educated and calculating. This led him to accel in school, however, it has left him rather socially inept, unable to make real relationships with anybody other than his parents; who have long since passed away, leaving behind him and his sister, who he rarely keeps in contact with. Kyro, being 41 (which is rather old for this day in age i'd reckon) has no prospects for love or children and spends his time in the pursuit of knowledge and power. Kyro may be intelligent but that does not make him weak, he may be old but he is not feeble. While he is no longer a knight in shining armor, Kyro did his time in the military, and did quite well. He keeps with him always a steel double bladed ax given to him by his father. The ax, being one of nobles, is encrusted with far away treasures and fantastic jewels. Kyro also learned how to manipulate heat in his favor, allowing him to transfer this heat from his hands into his ax, allowing for searing lacerations. Kyro now tends to wander the lands doing as he pleases, his allegiance lies with himself and whoever will further his personal pursuits. Ambition still drives him however, to what end though, remains to be seen.

Abilities: Educated, does will with his Ax, can heat his hands up to fire like levels and can transfer the heat to things he touches (be it people or weapons)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:59:36 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 03:57:28 pm »

Name: Sir Edwin IV

Age: No one knows for sure, not even Edwin! Most people guess he's around 100 "And still young!"

Bio: Edwin is an old wizard taking up residence in an old enchanted castle (which several peasants swear they've seen flying). He particularly likes to work with alchemy and enchantment, but dabbles in most everything. He's written many books on spells and magical recipes, including "1000 potions and elixirs you may make from your home". His research in the alchemical field primarily focuses on precious materials like gold and crystal. Edwin has no family that anyone knows of, but has quite a few assistants and apprentices that also take up residence in the castle. He has a hobby of raising magical creatures. He's a social person, and likes to often go to the local market. He's also rather silly, and likes to play practical jokes.

Abilities: He's a wizard, so he knows a good array of spells and such. He can make various potions using whatever's at hand. if need be, he can enchant weapons and things like suits of armor to fight, he himself has no experience with combat, save for the tactical books in his library.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 07:22:35 pm by Kitkat »
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:36:05 pm »
Turns out I do have internet, so don't wait to start on my account.

Name:
Hatsuharu Kobayashi
Bio:Hailing from the Eastern Lands, he was abandoned by his parents at age 5.  He has always had an affinity with plants, and studied in various shrines to learn of magicks to control them.  He was not too successful, but he learned a lot.  He is very weak against anything to deal with fire.  Many people ridicule him for his age, but he is very tough due to having to take care of himself before being taken in by the monks.  Since he was abandoned so young, he took a name that deals with his powers, which means vigorous springtime little grove.
Abilities:"Vigorous Springtime"- Spell that can control plant growth, making it speed up an enormous amount.  He can direct the direction of the growth, be it to impale an enemy on a branch, or to block a sword of other weapon.
"Blades of Grass"- Causes the grass upon which an enemy stands to to turn to very sharp reeds capable of cutting through leather.  Using Vigorous Springtime can also make them grow into the bodies of the enemy.
"Skin of Bark"- Turns his forearm into thick bark to protect against blows, or an impromptu weapon.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:24:45 pm by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 05:02:52 pm »
I liked the Medieval RP so I'm just bringing Sabar back with a different backstory...

Name: Sabar
Bio: Not much is known about Sabar. When asked about is origins he simply answers "The South." When asked how old he is he says "Old enough." When asked what he is looking for, he doesn't answer. This veil of mystery keeps most people away, just the way he likes it.
Abilities:
Shapeshifting- Sabar can shapeshift into a wolf (his choice of animal) on command. His strength increases as does most of his senses. At the same time his speed increases as well.
Stealth- One of his few magical powers is the ability to mask himself in shadow and silence his movements. This is only truly effective at night.
Teleportation- Sabar can transport himself through the shadows from realm to realm between shadows. This is energy consuming and can leave Sabar drained.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 03:22:59 pm by Josasa »

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 07:11:05 pm »
Name:Hurrasha Unmar

Bio:Born and abandoned in the wilderness,Hurrasha learned to use the spirits to guide him,becoming one with nature.Of course,he also learned the darker side of summoning,just for when needed.Who says you can't branch into multiple fields of magic?

Abilities:
Mass summoning -Hurrasha can summon the spirits of the forest to help him in his times of need,or just to keep him company.

mass necromancy-Hurrasha can summon the dead to do his bidding,combining their power with the summoning of the spirits to make a powerful one man army.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 08:15:34 pm »
Name: Andvoorsker Venvedo (pronounced Aand-vorker Vi-nvido)
Bio: An adventurer, known for having located and secured more than 20 treasures since he found a wooden idol in his backyard when he was 6. His most famous treasure was Fedren's Lost Orb, when Andvoorsker avoided more than 40 traps and had to be careful until finding the orb, which was suddenly engulfed in a strange intoxicating green mist, when Andvoorsker saw a window a man could jump through, he immediately grabbed a pebble and broke the window, and he jumped out, getting cut by some shards as he fell, but other from a few bruises from the 15-foot fall, he was okay.
Abilities: Avoiding traps, evading attacks, focus.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 08:17:08 pm »
he's like the Indiana Jones of the fantasy world!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 08:34:43 pm »
Did anyone want to take their crack at the villain slot? If not I can do it but I'd like to let someone else go first if possible. Make sure you know the responsibilities of being the villain before you opt in. First come, first serve and the collective is allowed to deny a person the role of villain by means of a majority vote.

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 08:39:33 pm »
I RP quite a bit,but no villain for me.Too much of an important role.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:55:57 pm by boswell25 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 09:58:27 pm »
You know I think I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it, perhaps some sort of seize for the current throne. Yeah I wouldn't mind taking the Villain slot. Kyro shall be devious!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:19:32 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 07:19:05 am »
Sounds good, you're up then, Erops!

If you need any advice or hints feel free to PM me; otherwise, we start whenever you're ready. I can get the topic started ASAP. My character will be posted soon.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 11:07:52 am »
I hope I'm not too late with this:

Name: Didrick Rivercastle
Bio: Didrick was born into a rather wealthy family. Free of the worries of getting something to eat each day, he had plenty of time to be educated, both in the spiritual and physical arts. His father was responsible for the former, having ample experience in that field. He also made sure to teach Didrick strong feelings of right and wrong, leaving no grey area in between. His uncle taught him more down-to-earth skills, namely how to defend himself. Since his father objected to bloodshed, he learned how to use a mace and shield, along with other basic skills which might prove useful in a fight. He also taught Didrick how to ride a horse, although he's no star at it.
Abilities:
Combat skill: Years of practise has taught him how to handle a mace and shield rather well.
Character judgement: Having deeply instilled values of good and evil give Didrick the ability to judge a person's persuasion shortly after meeting them, albeit in black-and-white terms.
Knowledge: All the lessons from his father have filled his head with knowledge. Although his dad had mainly focussed on religion and a bit on history, he did touch on other subjects, giving Didrick a broad but basic knowledge.

Any and all comments are welcome :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 01:23:29 pm »
Name: Sylvester Allegri

Bio: Sylvester Allegri is an unassuming man from the city. He was born in the city, grew up in the city, and is a city-man through and through. While Sylvester doesn't possess any particular skills to set him apart from the rest of the crowd, he has still managed to find success. Sylvester is a seller of fine art and knows how to make a deal. In the city he's one of the better-known salesmen, not because of his skills but because of the goods he can bring to market. Sylvester has been known to procure incredibly rare pieces from all around the world. Most of his time is spent finding new curiosities for his rabid customers which has led to many interesting confrontations. Still, Sylvester loves his job and wouldn't trade it for anything.

In truth, Sylvester is a member of an exclusive club that have been ostracized from normal society for as long as anyone can remember. He is what the common folk would call a blood demon. Human blood, animal blood, mystic blood, or any kind of blood can be utilized by Sylvester for nourishment. He requires it to live and is not afraid to take it if he has to. Such is the life those forced to dwell in the shadows. Sylvester uses his unique hand in life to his advantage. It is no coincidence that Sylvester is close by when a noble in possession of a rare artifact mysteriously dies. He has traveled the world for years and years collecting things and piecing together this and that. Few are aware of Sylvester or his deeds. Scholars recall accounts of a particular blood demon preying on the nobility that stretch back for centuries; however, Sylvester makes no claim to such a legacy.

Certain conspiracy theorists and occult maniacs claim that there is a secret order of outcasts of all types. They say that this group works to keep their brethren safe from a world that hates them.

Abilities:
Sanguimancy: Sanguimancy or blood magic is a school of magic centered around the use and manipulation of blood. In modern society blood magic is seen as evil and impure. During one of many great purges, the so-called blood demons were targeted and hunted to near-extinction. In reality, Sanguimancers are men and women just like any other; though, through no fault of their own, they need to consume blood to survive. Sanguimancy is one of only a few schools of magic that cannot simply be learned. In order to practice blood magic one must be born under the sign of the blood demon and then only on a certain day of the year; unfortunately, such births go hand in hand with an automatic death sentence for mother and child. Sanguimancers are known to live unnaturally long lives and possess surprising physical prowess. Needless to say, bounties on elder blood demons are extraordinarily high. If Sylvester drains a massive amount of blood or has simply filled himself, so to speak, he will be unable to use his powers for a time.

Wizard's Cloak: The Wizard's Cloak is an artifact that Sylvester picked up during his travels. Traditionally worn by elder wizards during long-distance travel, the Cloak protects the wearer from harm as long as the attack hits the cloak itself. This is a double edged sword, as there are at least a few accounts of wizards having starved to death wrapped up in their cloak while their enemy simply waits them out.

Power of Suggestion: Sylvester is great at convincing people to do things and when he gets a taste of their blood his commands encroach on the irresistible.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 02:36:41 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 01:35:52 pm »
So do I make the topic to set the stage then?