0 (0%)
Alien Sun armor
4 (80%)
Enhanced light armor
0 (0%)
Enhanced Light helmet
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Lets Play UFO planning and discussion thread, NEW POLL, NEW SOLDIER SPOTS  (Read 19266 times)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
EDIT: Story thread can be found here
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=16683.0

Only have a limited number of each equipment piece, If 2 people choose a item and only one of them can have it i will randomly select who gets it, As well as take the next logical step.
CURRENT HANDGUNS

Current Rifles

SHOTGUNS

HEAVY WEAPONS

PSI WEAPONS Now usable

ALIEN WEAPONS Now usable.

Warp Weapons not yet useable

OTHER

ARMOR

CURRENT AVAILABLE SOLDIER POOL
Soldier 1: Cecile de Chalonge. Cecil is Canadian, She is quite old with gray hair. She is a very strict by the book kind of person. She is very well organized and hates mess's and disorganization. When it comes to milatry life she prefers beds to be made and boots to be shined and she has no problem telling you that. She used to be a Boot Camp Sergent.

Soldier2: Cyborg, Cyborg is exactly that, A mechanical man, Mystery surrounds his origin, Being purely machine he knows no elmotion though he try's to emulate them, He is by the book and always follows orders. He carrys a lot of weight and he has a targeting system so he is pretty good with rifles. Despite being a machine he has an interesting amount of freewill.

Soldier3: Sharat Nagrath, Original from Pakistan but he is an American Ex-Con, He is rude and arrogant and quite the loner. He is average in most aspects but he is quite sneaky and observant. He has a hot temper and loves to gamble.

Soldier4:Keith Macdonald, A Canadian with a large sense of humor, If your down he will attempt cheer you up..whether or not it works is another story. He often cracks jokes at bad times even when facing death. An avid drinker, to him life is joke and he might as well enjoy it while he can. He is pretty strong and fast due to training for the antarctic games.

Soldier5: Anne Wilkie, She is an American mother fighting to give her 8 year old son and 6 year old a daughter a peaceful planet to grow up in. She is a tough lady who watched her husband get eaten alive by the monsters that roam out there, The experience may of unhinged her from her sanity a little.

Soldier 6: Patrick Turner, English gentlemen, He never loses he cool under pressure and always does things in the slickest appearing way possible, He speaks with etiquette and would likely wear a suit to battle if he could. He never talks about his past and if you ask you will be ignored.

Soldier 7: Mr Smith, he is a reticulan with almost no memory, after he lost his memory and found out what the aliens had done to earth he was overcome with guilt he defected away from his own race and wants to help the human race reclaim what is theirs.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:34:18 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline SerenityGrace

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play UFO planning and discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 04:42:57 pm »
Sounds cool I will definitely be joining when your ready. I already have started planing a character ;D
Go away now. You are boring me.

Click my frackin eggs! >:(

............. Pweese O_O

Offline Mr. President

• Wizard of Wor
  • Obama Delta Hurricane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:30:51 pm »
I'm in 100%
No, get a label gun and shoot them with labels like "Bad guy #1" "Bad guy #2" Slightly badder guy" "Guy that thinks he is bad but is really good and just confused"

Hopefully a joke.

Beat ya to it opera.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 06:17:42 pm »
Ok sounds cool. Count me in.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 06:18:11 pm »
I'm definitely interested. I'll have to see how this all works out though.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 06:52:57 pm »
Glad to see some of you are interested  :D. That said i need quite a few more people to be willing to participate in order for me to pull this off, Of course i am factoring in that many will become interested once its started.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 07:02:25 pm »
*puts up sign outside of topic saying Free booze!*

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Mr. President

• Wizard of Wor
  • Obama Delta Hurricane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 07:59:01 pm »
*puts up sign outside of topic saying Free booze!*

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M-pvwYYXfU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M-pvwYYXfU</a>
No, get a label gun and shoot them with labels like "Bad guy #1" "Bad guy #2" Slightly badder guy" "Guy that thinks he is bad but is really good and just confused"

Hopefully a joke.

Beat ya to it opera.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
Yeah! This topic is now super epic! :D

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
I have never touched a UFO game in my life.  I don't even know what they are.  I'm just here for the booze.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
I am in.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
I am going to start out the framework here now with my first set of applications.

I have 3 spots right now, I will lay out who they are what they look like and their traits, I will let you guys pick who you would like to play as, If more then one of you pick the same soldier i will randomly pick who gets them.

If you don't get a spot this time, Don't worry as their will be many many more opportunity's.

I should also note that my charcter is not the commander, I will take up a spot when i am needed.

Soldier 1: Name is Malcolm McLean. He is American and is a bit older with Grey hair he is calm and collected and in his younger days he was an officer in the navy. He does not panic easily, But due to his age he is not as physical fit as some of the younger recruits and tires more easily. While calm you can tell he bears a great deal of stress in this struggle.

Soldier 2: Name is Brian Rowley, He is fairly young and bald, He is from the south and is best described as a Hillbilly as such he is not quite the brightest person around, However he is one of the most caring, He is a person that in fight you know he would be standing behind you, And after the battle you know he be the first to your room to share a drink. He worry's less then most, Likely due to the fact that he thinks less then most. he likes whiskey.

Soldier 3: Name is Florence Plant, She is young with blonde hair, She is French and speaks with an accent, She is a girly girl if their ever was one and has an almost child like innocence, She knows how to handle a gun, She was taught by her two brothers, Although if she could choose an activity skeet shooting would not be very high on her list, Before the fall she worked at a museum as a tourist guide

Remember if you want to play one of those roles your soldier logs need to be well written and articulated from their perspective, If none of these roles click with you then you can wait for the next set and see if you want any of them, No rush  :D.

Once i have my first 3 soldiers chosen i will choose how to progress this and some time with in the next day or two i will start this thing up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:27:01 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline SerenityGrace

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
I claim soldier 3!
Go away now. You are boring me.

Click my frackin eggs! >:(

............. Pweese O_O

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
Soldier 2 plz!
Brian 'Grazony' Rowley.
x3

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Soldier 1 for me.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.