Author Topic: Space Station Farsearch Four - The hybrid test RP  (Read 9927 times)

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Space Station Farsearch Four - The hybrid test RP
« on: October 02, 2009, 06:36:33 pm »
"Welcome aboard the Farsearch Four!"

Captain Deion's voice boomed over the loudspeakers, and his face could be seen on the many screens all over the station, "This is your commanding officer, Francis Deion speaking. I hope you're all settled in, as we're expecting launch in less than an hour."

The loudspeakers and monitors shut off and the station started buzzing with activity as everyone started doing their jobs, or in most cases, continued. About forty-five minutes later, the station's artificial lighting started to dim and the outside could be seen through the windowed ceiling, as if the sun had set and a clear view of the night sky could be seen. The ship rumbled, but was hardly noticeable from the inside, and lifted from the surface of Erayru Prime. Taking a slow and steady pace through the planet's atmosphere, the loudspeakers and screens reactivated.

"Very good everyone, we've made it further than Farsearch One, and will soon to be in orbit. I should be able to handle our trajectory adjustments to get us into orbit for our phase one. Please, everyone get a good night's sleep and your orders will be delivered first thing in the morning."

The communication shut down again and the station settled as everyone went to their quarters.

Eight hours later, the artificial sun was rising and the station started back to life as people awoke. On everyone's communicators, their first assignments were already loaded, and its was a similar set for everyone; make sure all of their functions can still operate in the new environment, take tests to calibrate equipment and mingle with the others. The Farsearch Four mission was off to a good start, and everyone hoped it could only get better.

Virus Buster.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station Farsearch Four - The hybrid test RP
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 07:19:57 pm »
"...And finally," Will said, walking slowly in front of the mechanics who would be working with his monkeys, "if you have any personal effects that have red blinking lights when functioning properly, open up said effect and remove that light.  The capuchins have been trained to believe that a blinking red light means that something is broken, and to alert a nearby tech to anything broken.  If you ignore them, they will get insistent.  If you continue to ignore them, they'll find another tech to bother.  This is not dangerous, but no one here wants a horde of screeching capuchins running through engineering because someone forgot about the light on their earpiece."

Honestly, that only happened with the monkeys fresh out of the facility, but on a new ship that was most of them.  This was probably why Dimitri, the same monkey he'd been working with for nearly two decades, was glaring at the monkeys at the mechanic's feet from Will's shoulder, signing something along the lines of I'll be watching you.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:57:10 pm »
Walt sighed to himself as he checked over his office.  Everything was in perfect working order.  Not that it would matter if the entire contents of his office had been left on the launch pad.  He checked his communicator.  "Mingling it is, then." he said to himself.  Putting on a friendly smile, he walked out of his office to meet the rest of the crew.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:46:12 pm »
Nikolai was sitting on a stack of crates in the large docking bay observing everything that was going on. Several mechanics and engineers were mulling about the large cavernous room. Some were tinkering with their machines, others were screwing around and gambling at various games. There wasn't much else they could do. Nikolai leaned back on his crates, resting his head against the nearby bulkhead. If the ship wasn't moving he would have been out testing one of the smaller crafts, just to warm him up for piloting in space again. His last few missions had included an atmosphere which always posed different problems. With an atmosphere there was always the danger of crashing into the ground; without an atmosphere there was always the danger of spinning off into space. So much danger.

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 05:23:29 am »
   Miyoko walked down the halls of the ship, looking in doors  and following the signs, heading for the cockpit. When she found the room she swiped her card and was granted access. Inside there was a large circular room with several raised platforms around the sides and a depression in the center. A large window covered the opposite wall. She admired the view for a while, an inky blackness dotted with innumerable glowing points. It was hard to believe they were moving.

She found what she was looking for on the right side of the room. A door marked NAVIGATION. She could feel butterflies in her stomach as the door slid open. Her eyes widened when she saw what was inside.

A large, bare metal room. It was shaped like a dome, the walls curving up to meet at the top. The ceiling was covered in tiny circular lights. It was a navigation chamber, the second one she'd ever been to, and by far the most impressive. They were ridiculously expensive, and only 4 existed on Erayru Prime, all in government facilities or universities. When she stepped into the centre, the light dimmed and colours spun around her, eventually solidifying into planets and stars. Each one labeled and to scale.

She stood speechless for a while, in awe of the incredible beauty. After a few minutes she remembered why she was here.

"Display gravity system in local sector."

The scenery suddenly changed, becoming overlayed with a 3d grid, visibly distorted over stars and planets. She got to work, making a course that slingshotted around planets and fired into the unknown.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:54:34 am »
Another day meant more work. Louis had been called to do some more work around the ship and was on engine duty today. Everytime he entered the engine rooms, he was overjoyed to hear the rumbling hum of the engines. It sounded like the purring of a giant cat to him. After checking the engine status he went off to do some of the jobs he received in the radio.
-Is anybody near Deck 4 for minor electronical repair? The lamp wiring needs to be reset-
-Louis Peelzer is on his way-
-Affirmative-

He slowly walked over to Deck 4 in no particular hurry and mainly observing the people moving around the place, occasionally greeting some of the ones who looked familiar to him.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
  • Captain, we're eaten by a gluttonous black hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 06:35:20 am »
As the day began, Susan realized she had barely anything to do until they landed on a planet.  She knew a biologist couldn't do anything to help on the Farsearch 4.  She sat on her bed for a while, full of boredom, and thought about what she could do in her spare time.

Susan decided to check on the Nursery, which happened to be on Deck 3.  Not only because it was vital, also because it entertained her somewhat.  She quickly but cheerfully walked down the corridor, and opened a door marked NURSERY.

As Susan opened the door with a smile on her face.  She looked at the plants and noticed they already looked pretty dry since last night.  She turned to switch on the water sprinklers, and the plants' soil immediately moistened.  Then she slowly turned the sprinklers off after the plants were given a proper shower.  She then sprinkled some nutrients and fertilizer on the plants.

She turned to walk back to her room, and said hello to some acquaintances of her and then met with her team for a small discussion.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:04:04 pm by TimeMaster »
:o Whoa... that was deep.

Offline Zolinn

• Zork Emperor
  • In Soviet Russia, Mario Plays You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 08:25:28 am »
One, Two, One, Two. The footsteps echoed down the hallways of the space station until a large, muscular man shot around a corner. As he turned the corner, a woman on the other side quickly became startled. She flung a small container into the air and began to fall towards the ground.

The mans eyes quickly shot to the woman falling towards the ground and his arm shot out. His arm carefully wrapped around the woman and held her up. He took a deep breath before shooting out his second arm to catch the small container. He flashed a quick smile at the woman before pulling her to her feet and placing the container back into her hands. "Marcus Gray at your service! Providing excellent security around the station since... well the launch!" He quickly glanced down at his watch. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got important plans to attend to. Enjoy your lunch, ma'am!" Marcus quickly saluted the woman before taking off down the same hallway he was headed. The woman strangely stared at Marcus before he turned the corner, continuing his jog. He glanced down at his wrist. "7:30... I'll take a shower and continue on with my daily tasks." He slowed down next to his room and entered his room.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:28:08 am by Zolinn »

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 11:37:26 am »
Will was waiting on Deck 4 when Louis arrived, leaning casually against one wall while Dimitri signed stiffly at an abashed looking monkey.  Apparently it had found a faulty fuse somewhere in the labyrinthine crawlspaces and had forgotten to reroute power before trying to replace it.  It was a rookie mistake and wouldn't hurt the ship beyond a few flickering lights, but you couldn't let these things slip.

"Sorry 'bout this," Will said, nodding to Louis, "we really should have a compliment of experienced capuchins on a mission like this, but no one wants to give up the good ones.  Had a hell of a time getting the Senora to let me keep Dimitri," he added, referring to the ship he'd first wrangled on years before.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 12:01:27 pm »
"There you go, right as rain." Nathan said as he finished setting a fiberglass cast for an unlucky storeroom worker.  Really, too break an arm first day on the job was lousy luck, but then again, that's what he was here for.

Finishing up with some paperwork, he turned to the patient with a warm smile and handed him a perscription slip, "Right then, you should be good to go.  There's a pharmacy on your left on the way out of the clinic.  Just give them this and they'll get a sling all together for you.  And I will see you back here in 3 weeks to check on your progress."

Waving the patient off, Nathan turned back to his office, surveying his new workplace.  He had his doubts about comming on board at first, but seeing the top-notch clinic and hospital they had on board, along with already having patients comming in within 8 hours of take off, he knew this was the right choice.  These people needed him, and he was happy to serve.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Online Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 02:13:27 pm »
"That should cover us for a while"

Miyoko had programmed several virtual "highways" into the ships navigation system, connecting all nearby star systems. Wherever they first chose to go, they'd be covered for a while. She sighed and, grabbing her bag, wondered what she could do now.

After wandering the halls for a while, she decided to head towards the main canteen to see about getting some lunch. She suspected she'd have a lot of free time for a while, so she may as well familiarize herself with the more important parts of the ship.

According to her map, the canteen was on Deck 4, so she headed for a lift.

Ten minutes later, she was sat down with a cup of vegetable soup from a vending machine. The canteen hadn't officially opened yet, so she chose to sit against a wall in a hallway, sipping her soup and watching one monkey scold another in sign language. It was good an entertainment as any.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 03:19:51 pm »
Harry walk down the halls as his butler bot tells him that alot of people are on Deck 4 so they start walking to Deck 4.

"Where is it again?"

ButlerB: " Well i do belive its over here"

As Harry was carring his bags to Deck 4 he got familarized to the areas in the ship. "This will be nice to know for later" Harry Thought. Harry sat down and opened up his bag to get a bag of chips to eat while waiting for liftoff.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 07:18:33 pm »
Meanwhile, back on Eyaru Prime...

Headquarters of one of the smaller empires.

~"As you well know, Mr. Feofan, Farsearch Four managed to launch yesterday."

~"So?"

~"You think I'm paying you to just sit on the sidelines as they go about their business before us?"

~"Of course not, boss, don't worry, your down payment is going to good use. They aren't going anywhere without my knowledge."

~"I hope so, Mr. Feofan."

Nodding to the emperor, Feofan turned to leave the building.
Virus Buster.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 09:00:34 pm »
Walt exited the canteen with a premade sandwich.  As he walked down the hall two arguing monkeys caught his eye, then he noticed the woman already watching them and walked over to introduce himself.

"Hello Ma'am.  Walter Norton, Senior Ambassador.  Mind if I join you for lunch and a little monkey watching?"
Probably not a Goat, either.

Online Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 12:25:58 am »
"Oh, hello! Miyoko Suzuki." She said, extending a hand.

"Ambassador eh? You must have a lot offrer time to look forward too."

Miyoko glanced back at the monkeys.

"I think that one's winning."